Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

400,000-year-old human DNA

Kahn

This sort of thing is fascinating but not overwhelmingly hard to imagine. Human beings and their predecessors in Eurasia, homo erectus, did tend to get around, and you are talking here about hundreds of thousands of years.

• Like 2

I read the same story (different article, however) on the BBC site - very interesting. I was pleasantly surprised at the caution both sites used when referring to the discovery, as media usually trumpets such things in a sensationalist fashion.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to discover if Neanderthals displaced Denisovans in Europe?

• Like 2

This sort of thing is fascinating but not overwhelmingly hard to imagine. Human beings and their predecessors in Eurasia, homo erectus, did tend to get around, and you are talking here about hundreds of thousands of years.

Well said, I agree it's fascinating but not surprising...

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be fascinating to discover if Neanderthals displaced Denisovans in Europe?

I think the most exciting thing is that between this, and the DNA from the Denisovian finger bone, it seems we can expect another subspecies of Homo to join the lineage yet.

I wonder who it will be! I am still all excited about meeting the Denisovian's.

Edited by psyche101