Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man who hasnt bathed for 60 years

seeder

Iranian media are claiming that an 80-year-old man has broken the world record for the number of years he has let elapse since he last bathed himself.

The Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) and the Tehran Times reported that one Amou Haji of southern Iran has not bathed for 60 years.

The Tehran Times described Haji as a sort of recluse who took to the countryside after experiencing “emotional setbacks” as a young man.

http://www.theblaze....ars-looks-like/

And he smokes dung...

"Amoo Hadji lives the most primitive life. His most valuable possession seems to be a three-inch steel pipe which he uses to smoke animal dung with".

More images/story

http://govtslaves.in...smoking-animal/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Reminds me of a old Lynyrd Skynyrd song, "Ooooh that smell."

• Like 6

with the very high possibility he doesnt have or cant afford loo roll, how does he wipe it off? Bunch of grass? Is there much grass there? Or the finger swipe and rapid-flick-off method? :lol:

eeew

His arms and hands look like they come from a lizard-man.

:tu: yeh I noticed that too

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Mind you, that was maybe the way in ancient times too... even my own stepdad would say, when my mum insisted he take a bath..."what for, I had one last week"...

No kidding, but he was a poor country based war child...if that makes any difference

Edited by seeder

ugh, the blaze. not the most reliable source, and even they say that they can't confirm the story.

It nearly seems impossible. Surely he would be beset by boils and all other sorts of illnesses.

It nearly seems impossible. Surely he would be beset by boils and all other sorts of illnesses.

think of the x amount of homeless in the developed nations who must go thru long periods...of no bathing too..Personally I have smelt a regular tramp in town who always smells like he has seriously shat himself....its soooo bad you have to gag and back off.. Indeed, not caring for oneself indicates a certain apathy to life in general... an uncaring to fitting in with society...for whatever many and varied reasons.. I was homeless once.. its true.. but I cleaned myself in public toilets tho, it was the UK after all...and I made the choice not to go down..

• Like 1

I'm just wondering what smoking poo does to your lungs?

How did this man live to be 80 inhaling crap all these years (literally)?

• Like 2

Who knows? Maybe its really good sh!t? :lol:

• Like 7

*stomach now doing flip flops* Disgusting doesn't even suffice...why would anyone do this?

Either it's not as bad for you as you'd think, or he's just one of those lucky ones who can abuse their bodies for a century and still not die. Some people are just more resilient than others.

Either it's not as bad for you as you'd think, or he's just one of those lucky ones who can abuse their bodies for a century and still not die. Some people are just more resilient than others.

You're probably right...but....

the taste? :no:

Mental illness or not, that's gotta taste terrible!

dried dung has been used as a replacement for firewood in areas where wood in not abundant for about as long as people have been making fire, so it's not as outlandish as you might think.

i mean, using it as a cigar may be, but not entirely.

dried dung has been used as a replacement for firewood in areas where wood in not abundant for about as long as people have been making fire, so it's not as outlandish as you might think.

i mean, using it as a cigar may be, but not entirely.

Honestly, I still think smoking animal dung is "outlandish". In fact, I'm willing to say it's absolutely nuts. * shudders and leaves thread due to stomach churning*

• Like 3

I feel sorry for him in a way. Nobody in their right mind would behave like he's doing, and the state of his skin, it's so dried up it's awful. It looks like elephant hide, that can't be comfortable for him either.

• Like 2

There a two options to detect human life on planet earth from outer space.

The first is the chineese wall. You can see it.

The second is Amou Haji. You can smell him.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

You're probably right...but....

the taste? :no:

Mental illness or not, that's gotta taste terrible!

Ever smoked a "Camel"? They taste pretty bad too... now Im wondering why they called that brand Camel in the first place :lol:

camel-cigarettes-package-i6.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3