Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Benghazi Is a HUGE Scandal …

OverSword

I wish I could call this unbelievable:

In January, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the assault by a local militia in September 2012 on the American consulate and a nearby undercover CIA facility in Benghazi, which resulted in the death of the US ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and three others. The report’s criticism of the State Department for not providing adequate security at the consulate, and of the intelligence community for not alerting the US military to the presence of a CIA outpost in the area, received front-page coverage and revived animosities in Washington, with Republicans accusing Obama and Hillary Clinton of a cover-up.

That’s the part you’ve heard about: failure to protect the personnel at the embassy.

But then Hersh breaks the deeper story wide open:

A highly classified annex to the report
, not made public, described a
secret agreement reached in early 2012 between the Obama and Erdoğan administrations
. It pertained to the rat line. By the terms of the agreement, funding came from Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar;
the CIA, with the support of MI6, was responsible for getting arms from Gaddafi’s arsenals into Syria
. A number of front companies were set up in Libya, some under the cover of Australian entities. Retired American soldiers, who didn’t always know who was really employing them, were hired to manage procurement and shipping. The operation was run by David Petraeus, the CIA director who would soon resign when it became known he was having an affair with his biographer. (A spokesperson for Petraeus denied the operation ever took place.)

Read the entire story here

Stays-in-Benghazi.jpg

• Like 1

Been hearing a little bit here and there for the past few weeks ~ not sure how reliable these scoops are ... I guess the missing plane news sort of took a bit of the wind outta the sails on this one ... when things quiet down over the missing plane we'll see how high the fan is on this pile of stink ~

Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador murdered in Libya, played a central role in recruiting jihadists to fight Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria, according to Egyptian security officials speaking to WND.

• Like 4

So, are we fighting against jihadist's or are we fighting along side jihadist's. Our government really needs to stop all of the back stabbing immoral actions on behalf of corporate interests (big oil) and in order to screw over other countries (Russia).

• Like 4

come on is this really important? I mean look we have this "blade" runner who shot his girlfriend in the toilet for goodness sakes! how can a U.S. ambassador being killed on the northside of that continent be more important then that?

this is old news anyways. it happened far enough in the past Obama could spin this into being Bush's fault especially since big oil is involved.

this post brings up another point what the hell ever happened to Syria?

come on is this really important? I mean look we have this "blade" runner who shot his girlfriend in the toilet for goodness sakes! how can a U.S. ambassador being killed on the northside of that continent be more important then that?

this is old news anyways. it happened far enough in the past Obama could spin this into being Bush's fault especially since big oil is involved.

this post brings up another point what the hell ever happened to Syria?

I hope you're being sarcastic.
  • Like 1

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I'm fairly certain they were.

Anyways, here I am thinking the Cold War ended before I was born. Looks like its just going on with the players names changed.

• Like 3

I'm waiting for the Hollywood movie to be made to tell everybody what really happened. It should be anytime now.

• Like 8

I'm waiting for the Hollywood movie to be made to tell everybody what really happened. It should be anytime now.

Will it have Denzel Washington?

No kidding, I could use the job. Things a guaranteed Best Picture nominee.

Anyways, here I am thinking the Cold War ended before I was born. Looks like its just going on with the players names changed.

Well all these spies we have need to do something! What are we to do, REDUCE expenses by getting rid of government employees we don't strictly need?

That's crazy talk.... NOT!

• Like 2

The Democrats will be sorry if they nominate Mrs. Clinton as in that case the chance of the truth of what happened there coming out will be increased exponentially.

The present regime has pretty much won in Syria, mainly because of the Russians being willing to tolerate things the west won't.

• Like 1

The Democrats will be sorry if they nominate Mrs. Clinton as in that case the chance of the truth of what happened there coming out will be increased exponentially.

The present regime has pretty much won in Syria, mainly because of the Russians being willing to tolerate things the west won't.

The Dems have become arrogant - drunk with power and they probably feel the people of the country are too stupid or distracted to stop a Hillary juggernaut. IF control of the Senate changes this year and the repubs can finally bring real pressure on the ptb then maybe some facts will become available that would create too big an obstacle for her - but the repubs have a real history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :-(
  • Like 2

We've been in beds with Jihadis since 1980; do we really even need to ask at this point?

They're a convenient excuse when things don't go well. It's like blaming your sex partner for problems in the bedroom.

• Like 5

We've been in beds with Jihadis since 1980; do we really even need to ask at this point?

They're a convenient excuse when things don't go well. It's like blaming your sex partner for problems in the bedroom.

Sometimes problems in the bedroom are your sex partner's fault.

Harte

I heard somewhere right after Benghazi happened that hundreds of shoulder fired heat seeking missiles went missing...then poof...nothing. I don't know if they were found or if folks are just not talking about it. I suspected they were "accidentally" put into the hands of the Syrian Rebels....seeing how we weren't "officially" going to arm them...

As far as this impacting Hillary's possible run....that would be logical and make sense. But...the people that are going to vote for her are going to vote for her regardless...never mind the swath of death and destruction in her wake.

Benghazi is a HUGE political football. Benghazi was possibly the biggest Al Qaeda hotspot in the world, and we dropped bombs for them and their sympathizers to overthrow Qaddafi, and yet I see the smokescreen of "Benghazi" is alive and well. Partisans yapping at each others' heels about one squeaky wheel in the machine, nobody questioning the overall body of action including the military intervention in Libya, and much less its consequences. And once again, the conspiracy theorists are supporting both the policy and the agenda. Much thanks.

• Like 1

So, are we fighting against jihadist's or are we fighting along side jihadist's.

We are America, so of course we are doing both.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an article I just ready today.

link

This is the most important part of what was revealed in an FIA email request.

In the immediate aftermath of the 2012 attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the White House quickly jumped from questions about the cause of the attack to blaming the incendiary YouTube video promoted by Florida pastor Terry Jones.

Last May, a set of emails was leaked by opponents of President Obama outlining the development of the talking points then-UN Ambassador Susan Rice used in a series of television appearances following the September 11, 2012 attack. The White House then released a more complete set of messages, effectively neutralizing critique of how the talking points were created.

New documents, obtained by the conservative group Judicial Watch by a Freedom of Information Act request, include a different set of talking points created by Obama advisor Ben Rhodes and sent to administration officials including spokesman Jay Carney. At the top, it outlines four goals:

to underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy;

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 2