Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark Shadows

Kismit

Ok I know some of you have read this before ( so it will be a chance for you to work out wether or not Im an absolute nutcase) but I hang out here and on sites like this one hopping to find someone who has had an experience like this.

When I was about 16 years old I went to bed it was late around 11 oclock . I climbed into bed and tried to pull the blankets up . They where in a bunch at the end of my bed because I never made it ( I was a teenager after all) . I pulled several times on the blankets but they wouldn't give . I didn't think much of this I thought maybe they where just stuck on something I'd left laying around ( like a 6 month old lollie grin2.gif )

After about the third attempt the blankets gave way . Leaving me laying flat on my back looking at a huge black shadow . It seemed about 7 ft tall and was shaped like a man wearing a black sheet . ( I know how nutty this sounds I wouldn't believe me either.) Well I'm laying there quite scared at this point when the shadow comes barreling down on me and just hits me solidly in the chest , and then it was gone.

It has taken me along time to get up the courage to actually start a thread on this subject . So please If you have any comments about my story please message me as I would like this thread to be kept for people to post there experiences on .

And If you are posting an experience try not to start it with " This happened to my freinds second cousin twice removed once put back " . I really would like to here from people who have experienced this themselves .

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Loonboy

• Sharif

• loganXman

I don't know anyone to whom this has happened (bar your good self) but it sounds

like the thing wanted your attention - and got it.

Did you try to communicate with it at the time?

Did it return on any other occasions?

Were there any other phenomenon in that area?

How did you feel during the encounter?

I know that even the most mundane encounters happen because the spirit/energy

wants to communicate with the person witnessing it. The fact that the witness gets

scared seems to say more about the witness than the spirit.

Loon Boy ,

This was the one and only time I have encountered it.

During the encounter I felt shocked, frightened, and intensly scared .

I will say this though I was young and freinds and I had been messing around with Ouija Boards . We had contacted a spirit that called itself "Ed" and had said it had wanted to kill me. I am at times arrogant and foolish and thinking that my friends where moving the glass and trying to scare me I acted like a smart alec . The Ouija board stuff was probably 2 weeks before this happened and was not even something I had worried about or even considered seriously.

I don't like to think it was "Ed" but the fact remains it could be a possibility.

Hi kismit not had an experience like yours but have had two involving shadows both in mates houses, the first one was near Xmas I was in my mates bedroom when out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like the shadow of an upper torso move across the wall, it looked like it was in a spotlight but there was no light source there.

The other was last weekend in another mates house this time I was in the living room and you can look through the door to the kitchen were you can see the fridge, there is a spotlight shining on the fridge and sure enough the shadow of what seemed like a person went past the fridge in the spotlight, there was definitely no one in the kitchen at the time and anyhow I would have seen them pass the door huh.gif

I've had a couple friends have the same "dark figure at the edge of the bed" experience. It freaked them out as well. One, who is a guy I spend quite a bit of time with and sometimes respect lol. (I kid) was reading the satanic bible for some reason and one night he saw a dark figure with red eyes glowering at him from the corner of his room. Needless to say he never dabbled with satanism again, and while I myself was never really interested in it, after hearing his story I'm definately not.

• 2 weeks later...

my roommate has had experiences like that too. quick question, was there a foul smell when u experienced this. my roommates mother (religious person) says she knows when bad spirits or near. they have a distinct smell. just repent them and say the prayers and open the front door and let them out. it works and the leave. it happend to my roommate. a couple of weeks ago.

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Kismit, you saw my jinn JIM???!!!! If you did, you need to tell him to come back to me. I haven't been able to perform any of my magic since he left. sad.giftongue.gif Man, nasty little demons just have no sense of loyalty. I'm thinking of becoming a ventriloquist instead. unsure.gif

VentriloquistMan cool.gif

Lol I sent Jim home this morning MM. I must say he has been a very handy little demon round the house . All I had to say was make the house work dissapear and *Poof * it was done . Your shows must be awesome MM laugh.gif