Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gods name switched to Allah in Austria

seeder

This makes me seethe.....

Parents in an Austrian town are outraged over a word switch in a traditional children’s song, after a teacher thought it appropriate to replace the word “God” with “Allah.”

A popular Christian song called “Gottes Liebe ist so wunderbar,” the title of which translates to “God’s love is so wonderful,” was performed at the school. A teacher in the town of Wels in northern Austria decided that she would replace the word “God” with “Allah,” writing it in by hand. She reasoned that a greater part of the 10-year-old students in the class were Muslims.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160127/1033762424/god-love-wonderful.html#ixzz3yUzw3n3F

I don't know enough about Austria's laws on religion in schools to really have a take on if this was appropriate in school, or just religion classes or what. Anyone here on UM that can say what the laws are?

• Like 1

This makes me seethe.....

Before you seethe consider the source. This is Sputnik News, part of Putin's propaganda wing.

I'd find a corrobarating story from a more reputable news agency before I started to seethe.

• Like 4

Before you seethe consider the source. This is Sputnik News, part of Putin's propaganda wing.

I'd find a corrobarating story from a more reputable news agency before I started to seethe.

Good advice! Did you not see Sputnik quote this Austrian news site?

http://www.thelocal.at/20160126/hymn-stirs-controversy-after-allah-switch

• Like 1

This is how societies fall. They want to take over the world and we are giving it to them.

I am nearly speechless over this process. I wonder if there is any precedent in history for a strong, wealthy (sort of) group of nations to simply commit suicide by gross stupidity? Our children and grandchildren will despise us as they bleed all over again for their freedom.
  • Like 8

I see nothing but trouble ahead where these migrants settle...

• Like 8

Seems like there's quite the storm brewing across the world recently. I have a feeling that those who want a holy war, on both sides, may just get it.

• Like 8

Seems like there's quite the storm brewing across the world recently. I have a feeling that those who want a holy war, on both sides, may just get it.

I wouldn't call it holy.

• Like 1

I am nearly speechless over this process. I wonder if there is any precedent in history for a strong, wealthy (sort of) group of nations to simply commit suicide by gross stupidity? Our children and grandchildren will despise us as they bleed all over again for their freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhDCtOoJZ0

• Like 2

According to that link the child was given the wrong lyric sheet and it was something the teacher shouldn't have been doing anyway.

and so? Still happened didnt it? And in Austria too....as the OP said, allow me to remind you of post no1:

Parents in an Austrian town are outraged over a word switch in a traditional children’s song, after a teacher thought it appropriate to replace the word “God” with “Allah.”

A popular Christian song called “Gottes Liebe ist so wunderbar,” the title of which translates to “God’s love is so wonderful,” was performed at the school. A teacher in the town of Wels in northern Austria decided that she would replace the word “God” with “Allah,” writing it in by hand. She reasoned that a greater part of the 10-year-old students in the class were Muslims.

What IS your problem?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

This is outrageous - (better bite my tongue for now)...... :angry:

• Like 4

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that "God" isn't God's name.

• Like 3

Don't use a song that refer to a Deity in school. Problem solved. I can understand the teacher's move (the majority in the class were muslims) but then it would be more appropriate to leave references to religion and spirituality outside of the kids' classrooms. The parents themselves can take care of that at home.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 2

What will they do next? cancel xmas as Jesus was born then?

Well we can stop that from happening and appease those who disagree with the holiday because technically Christ wasn't born in the month we celebrate Christmas in...

I get your point though man,just putting a positive spin on things :lol:

• Like 4

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that "God" isn't God's name.

:tu:

• Like 1

Don't use a song that refer to a Deity in school. Problem solved.

It's the 'principle' of the matter.

Why should they change the song - because it doesn't suit or may offend a minority ?

Roman Catholics make up some 62% of the Austrian population. According to recent estimates, Islam is practiced by some 7% of residents.

Far to much of this is already happening in countries - where many Muslims are criticizing and having the audacity to complain about the Western way of life (the very countries that host them btw)

The parents can take care of that themselves at home.

Truth be known - it was probably the Muslim parents that did the complaining - prior to the 'word' being changed.

• Like 5

In the UK, we have a large population of Jews, Muslims, Hindu's etc, you name it...we have a massive influx of most races on earth....and guess what...we just carry on regardless and do our things.... now I will never approach anyone of a different faith and say hey...sing this hymn and praise MY god....

Why? Coz I couldn't give a shoot thats why.....all can live in peace, all have a right to their own lives....just dont be expecting to change my ways, or to live by your rules.... I'll never force my views upon you....just respect that and go about your life....

• Like 4