Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists find soft tissue in T-Rex bone

UM-Bot

dinosaur4.jpg
A 70-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex fossil dug out of a hunk of sandstone has yielded soft tissue, including blood vessels and perhaps even whole cells, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.

Paleontologists forced to break the creature's massive thighbone to get it on a helicopter found not a solid piece of fossilized bone, but instead something looking a bit less like a rock.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• ROGER

• Rare and Unusual Human Creature

• UM-Bot

This was on the BBC news this morning. I believe it confirms the belief that birds and dinos are related. original.gif

As for Jurassic Park. There's nil chance of 100% complete DNA being extracted. And besides, what's we use as a surrogate mother? A chicken? tongue.gif

They might could use an ostrich. Ostriches are the biggest known birds alive, and they did say the T-Rex soft tissue resembled an ostrich's.

That is extremely interesting, hopefully they'll find some cells and put them into good use..

Incredible. This is all playing-out just like the multiple sci-fi movies of yesteryear.

First there will be some city, such as N.Y., L.A. or Chicago decimated by a nuclear or dirty bomb from terrorists. Then we will have dinosaurs roaming about from a break-away genetic experiment.

Oh well, it does make life a little more entertaining...

I'm going back to my good-ole can of Bud as I ponder these things.

I wont be building a Dinosaur proof fence this year. The cellular walls they were able to demineralize did not have DNA in it. Just a protoplasmic sack as It were.

It is unfortunate that the DNA is lost in the fosselization process.

Wow

Is there going to be a jurrasic park 4: the real world?

540714[/snapback]

Word is Universal Studios already has a ride to go along with this discovery : Jurassic Park : the Ride. happy.gif

Edited by riotboy555

Indeed, this is an unbelievably amazing discovery that will hopefully yield many answers to questions that have plaqued us for soooo long over the ceratures that inhabitated this world before us!

i don't know if any one remembers a thread posted by Ashley-Star*Child she told of the same thing and was ridiculed for it here is the link http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=33289 i think some people owe her an apology hmm.gif

No, it's not the same thing. That was intact blood cells with DNA. That and was proved fake.

This is just soft tissue, one cell and no DNA.

And she was mostly ridiculed because of her additude about how this "proved her bible right". So no, we don't owe her anything really.

Edited by SilverCougar

Agnostic's make good scientist's. They admit they don't know all the answers, but continue to look at every thing, including Creation, with an open mind. yes.gif

Finally , so many arguments will be put to rest.

Warm blooded or cold... bird relation etc. Woot. Awesome , simply awesome.

I heard about this somewhere else I also heard that they will be able to clone out of this. Is that possible?

Sorry I didn't get back right away Human Creature & 2-Pac. Wife thinks the computer is a large deck of cards to play solitaire on. Women!

To answer your Questions I went to the " Keratin Preservation" sight where Mary Higby Schweitzer wrote that epidermal cells from the Cryto Skeletal System( wich normally are mineral replications) did show a dark spot that MAY be a NUCLEI of the blood vessels lining. To date no viable DNA has been recovered. Thats to My knowledge. If you find more I would really be interested! And as I understand it 2 Pac , no making babys Dino's this week, but next year? God and Science only knows.

This is just soft tissue, one cell and no DNA.

Where have you heard this?

550506[/snapback]

Zee news, they had a thing about it.

Zee news, they had a thing about it.

551085[/snapback]

I tried searching the subject on ZeeNews.com, but it just had a story on the original find, no new info on DNA or whathaveyou.

ROFL Zee was a goof ball way of saying The news. On TV...

I.. did not know there's a.. Zeenews.com... ._o

ROFL Zee was a goof ball way of saying The news.  On TV...

I thought it might have been, but then I ran a search on "Zee News", and I found it. Anyway, I'm just wondering about the specific "No DNA" claim. I haven't heard anything except the original story, and I'm still waiting for any more info.

From what the guy said it was soft tissue, but the cell didn't make it completely through fossilization. The bit that held the DNA was gone, but the wall or something that held it was what managed to survive.

The bit that held the DNA was gone, but the wall or something that held it was what managed to survive.

The nucleous was gone but the biomembrane survived? Just the biomembrane or the other contents of the cell too?