Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

blieve

I can move small objects with my mind but am now having trouble moving on to larger objects. Anyone have tips for me?

Edited by Lottie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• blieve

• Ness of Psionix

• Silentom

I can move small objects with my mind but am now having trouble moving on to larger objects. Anyone have tips for me?

Use your hands or arms to move the objects. Here are some reasons why:

1) It's efficient

2) It's faster

3) Requires no concentration

4) Doesn't get you ridiculed

5) It's the reason we have arms

1) It's efficient

2) It's faster

1.so

2. not always

3. yes it does require some concentration

4. who cares about being ridiculed.

5. whatever.

angrycrustacean, you forgot a part

6) It is possible

angrycrustacean, you forgot a part

6) It is possible

thank you

i do not understand why people cannot believe telekinesis is possible. It is just like moving objects with the minds energy.

thank you

Actually he was saying that moving your arms was possible. Not tk.

It is just like moving objects with the minds energy.

Well, see, generally that's regarded as the impossible part. :hmm:

Edited by angrycrustacean

i do not understand why people cannot believe telekinesis is possible. It is just like moving objects with the minds energy.

Energy taken to move a pencil > Amount of brain's energy available to be transformed into physical force.

Then, you have to explain the transformation of the brain's energy/ :hmm:

I dont try telekinesis much but when i do i use this method/advise. I got it from this site but im not sure the exact thread. I hope it helps.

"You practicly have to forget about everything you know about the laws of physics and see it rather from a new perspective. Just imagine the world and yourself as nothing but energy. You being nothing more different then the spoon, sodacan, pencil, etc because you are all energy. Just realize that you yourself are a physical projection of your energy and so is the object your concentrating at. Realize that the whole purpose of the physical aspect of the object is to send your brain a message that its physical pressence is there only so you don't collide with the object or merge by accident with its energy. When you looks at the object just realize how silly the physical border is and forget that it even applies to you. Just feel and see the energy that makes up the object and the pull or push it naturually in the direction you think it should go. This will work like a charm if you keep believing that it is perfectly naturual and possible."

Actually he was saying that moving your arms was possible. Not tk.

Well, see, generally that's regarded as the impossible part. :hmm:

yah i know i was being sarcastic

Megalomania states....

Energy taken to move a pencil > Amount of brain's energy available to be transformed into physical force.

Then, you have to explain the transformation of the brain's energy/ :hmm:

The brain has the inherent ability to perceive and interact with realty and can do so from both the context of particle or wave aspects, in relation to its physical structure.

Any thoughts?

Maybe all this was a part of science at one time but has changed over the years!

I found this page on a book I found it to be quite an interesting read!

Here is the link! Paranormal Phenomena

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Moro what you have presented does not mean this topic is not related to science it just adresses the philosophical issues related to the topic.

In relation to the feild of Parapsychology see attached....

What is the state-of-the-evidence for psi?

To be precise, when we say that "X exists," we mean that the presently available, cumulative statistical database for experiments studying X, provides strong, scientifically credible evidence for repeatable, anomalous, X-like effects.

With this in mind, ESP exists, precognition exists, telepathy exists, and PK exists. ESP is statistically robust, meaning it can be reliably demonstrated through repeated trials, but it tends to be weak when simple geometric symbols are used as targets. Photographic or video targets often produce effects many times larger, and there is some evidence that ESP on natural locations (as opposed to photos of them), and in natural contexts, may be stronger yet.

Some PK effects have also been shown to exist. When individuals focus their intention on mechanical or electronic devices that fluctuate randomly, the fluctuations change in ways that conform to their mental intention. Under control conditions, when individuals direct their attention elsewhere, the fluctuations are in accordance with chance.

Note that we are using the terms ESP, telepathy and PK in the technical sense, not in the popular sense. See What do parapsychologists study? What is the state-of-the-evidence for psi? To be precise, when we say that "X exists," we mean that the presently available, cumulative statistical database for experiments studying X, provides strong, scientifically credible evidence for repeatable, anomalous, X-like effects.

With this in mind, ESP exists, precognition exists, telepathy exists, and PK exists. ESP is statistically robust, meaning it can be reliably demonstrated through repeated trials, but it tends to be weak when simple geometric symbols are used as targets. Photographic or video targets often produce effects many times larger, and there is some evidence that ESP on natural locations (as opposed to photos of them), and in natural contexts, may be stronger yet.

Some PK effects have also been shown to exist. When individuals focus their intention on mechanical or electronic devices that fluctuate randomly, the fluctuations change in ways that conform to their mental intention. Under control conditions, when individuals direct their attention elsewhere, the fluctuations are in accordance with chance.

Note that we are using the terms ESP, telepathy and PK in the technical sense, not in the popular sense. See What do parapsychologists study?

http://www.deanradin.com/para1.html

Any thoughts?

BEYOND QUANTUM THEORY: A REALIST PSYCHO-BIOLOGICAL INTERPRETATION OF

PHYSICAL REALITY

ABSTRACT

Stapp and others have proposed that reality involves a

fundamental life process, or creative process. It is shown how this

process description may be unified with the description that derives

from quantum physics. The methods of the quantum physicist and of

the biological sciences are seen to be two alternative approaches to

the understanding of nature, involving two distinct modes of

description which can usefully supplement each other, and neither on

its own contains the full story. The unified view explains the

major features of quantum mechanics and suggests that biological

systems may function more effectively than would be expected on the

basis of quantum mechanics alone.

http://www.roma1.infn.it/rog/group/frasca/b/bj8.html

Any thoughts?

1) It's efficient

2) It's faster

haha!!!!!! not saying ur right thought but its funny anyways :lol:

I like your avatar tooth. it kinda scares me a little but its funny.

i just thought of something. If animals were smart enough wouldnt they be able to use telekinesis?

It's doubtful that intelligence plays any role in the alleged power of psychic abilities. If it did, I suspect Stephen Hawkins would not need all the machinery he does.

This deadening of psychic energy or the blockaqe of its unfoldment reinforces itself in the complementary process of enfoldment: the lifeless mechanical meaning applied to conscious experience imprints its riqidity on the subtext of the psyche, so that its unfoldment in consciousness becomes incompatible with creative perceptions.

David Bohm

http://www.goertzel.org/dynapsyc/1995/TGERMINE.html

Any thoughts?

i just thought of something. If animals were smart enough wouldnt they be able to use telekinesis?

actually animals are smarter than most humans, wonna know how ???

they use their brains to live their lives, they know who their enemies and who their FRIENDS are, thye dont waste time beliving in invisible creators,

THEY DONT SPEND TIME trying to move s**t with their brains ,,,

want more i will post just ask for the reason

In 1935 Einstein, Podolsky and Rosen were face with a problem in relation to a paradox paradox often referred to as the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Bridge (or Paradox). What they had put together between the three of them could best be described as a thought experiments, but in relation to creating a model, which could be experimentally

testable, well this was the problem.

They contacted David Bohm who was able to convert the original thought experiment into something which was closer to being experimentally testable. Although Einstein, Podolsky and Rosen had originally worked on the thought experiment to refute the validity of Quantum Mechanics, the experimental results supported the existence of QM. This experiment has been widely replicated and in each separate test the result have been the same EPR consistently occurs and therefore Quantum Mechanics has been validated.

To be very clear the Father of Quantum Mechanics David Bohm said of Telekinesis.... "Wholeness and telekinesis are proven facts of science and

not merely anecdotal."

Now Bosanchero is seems clear that your opinion is animals are smarter than most humans, because they don’t spend time trying to move s**t with there brains.

Since David Bohm is a human I can only conclude, that in your opinion animals are smarter than him, so let me ask you a question Bosanchero, what does that say about

you??

Before you answer take a look at this....

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~sai/consc_phys.htm

Blieve if they were smart enough of course they could.

Any thoughts?

first of all you can bring me 99% of world population and they can all say "we can move things with our brain" i would still say they are full of it untill they give me some HARD proof that what they are saying is true,

second of all, i just answered a question that person asked, he made a statement in which he challenges the intelligence of Animals, and i did nothing than explain my position on this :) , , ,

person who wrote the question, mr.blieve seems to think that only type of intelligence is the one humans have, he seems to be ignoring the fact that animals are without a doubt capable of doing things unimaginable to human mind...

take the video(link below) for example

Video

You think Human Mind is capable of doing something remotelly similar to this ???

intelligence isnt all about technology u know ;)

As for my "Sarcastic" remark about animals not trying to move stuff with their brains, well lets just say that you probeably didnt read any of my posts on "telekinesis" topic that was in another part of UM forum not so long ago, and yes topic name was exaclly same as this one

Third of all,

i will repeat whats previously been said on these forums, if someone comes to UM and decides to post a thread about "Kinesis" they need to understand that UM boards are FLOODING with sceptics and that we will chalenge your opinions and use every atom of or energy to prove you wrong . . . . . We have yet to see anyone bring forth any type of EVIDENCE proofing Kinesis that could be considered credible and until we do whats the point of opening topics and writing about things that exist only in heads of those that WANT to belive :) hehe

its somewhat like religion, but religions have their holy books,,, only thing these people here have is their word, and considering that this is "INTERNET" your word doesnt really count.

ohh regarding the link that you posted :) i must admit i only "Scaned it"

and will give it a better look after work,,, before i go i will say this one more time "Human way of using our brain isnt the only way to use it" we use it to think/build/create/ while animals use it to protect themselfs, fight of predators basicly for survival,

which way is better, whos to say ; :unsure: )

I will repeat what’s previously been said on these forums, if someone comes to UM and decides to post a thread about "Kinesis" they need to understand that UM boards are FLOODING with skeptics and that we will challenge your opinions and use every atom of or energy to prove you wrong . . . . . We have yet to see anyone bring forth any type of EVIDENCE proofing Kinesis that could be considered credible and until we do what’s the point of opening topics and writing about things that exist only in heads of those that WANT to believe he he

Skeptics have been trying to do that for thousands of years over 100s of issues and have never successfully deterred the matters and have always been proven wrong. To be honest they as wrong about psi as they have been about everything else and that has been proven already. If as you say psi is only a subjective experience and there is no evidence then why is it UM skeptics seem unable or unwilling to debunk objectively recent scientific evidence presented?

its somewhat like religion, but religions have their holy books,,, only thing these people here have is their word, and considering that this is "INTERNET" your word doesn’t really count.

That is an incorrect statement, those who believe do so for the most part because of the repeatability of the phenomenon they and others near them observe. There is also substantive scientific data and historical account to support the fact psi is a part of reality.

ohh regarding the link that you posted i must admit i only "Scaned it"

and will give it a better look after work,,, before i go i will say this one more time "Human way of using our brain isnt the only way to use it" we use it to think/build/create/ while animals use it to protect themselfs, fight of predators basicly for survival,

No problem in relation to your having time to read what I have presented to be honest it is as a whole much more than a link. As far as survival and human behavior, humans have replaced the need for survival with society which has such things as money, supermarkets and computers. As far as who to say is better try living in a forest with no tools and trying to stay alive. :)

Any thoughts?

Skeptics have been trying to do that for thousands of years over 100s of issues and have never successfully deterred the matters and have always been proven wrong. To be honest they as wrong about psi as they have been about everything else and that has been proven already. If as you say psi is only a subjective experience and there is no evidence then why is it UM skeptics seem unable or unwilling to debunk objectively recent scientific evidence presented?

You Must Understand that it worked the other way around as well ;) you have any idea how many times someone has made a claim to have evidence of aliens, UFO's and such things, yet it all comes down to that little thing we call truth and at the end Many have openlly admited to FAKING and making up evidence ;)

and my friend you also need to know that skeptics are not Skeptic about everything,, some of us belive in things, just not things presented to us by 8th graders (Hope You know where i am going with this)

That is an incorrect statement, those who believe do so for the most part because of the repeatability of the phenomenon they and others near them observe. There is also substantive scientific data and historical account to support the fact psi is a part of reality.

I would really enjoying looking at this data :) "Proof please"

No problem in relation to your having time to read what I have presented to be honest it is as a whole much more than a link. As far as survival and human behavior, humans have replaced the need for survival with society which has such things as money, supermarkets and computers. As far as who to say is better try living in a forest with no tools and trying to stay alive. :)

Any thoughts?

Once again you are mixing up two diferent kinds of inteligence :) Me going to wild and trying to survive is like you puting your dog infront of a computer and expecting him to type :lol: it just isnt going to happen, no matter how hard u try,

P.S. you must understand that if a serious, Grown up man/woman came up to me and said they can move things with their mind, i would be MORE than happy to waste few minutes of my time to see this wonder,

however when i am aproached by a 13-14 year old kids who in one post say they make rain fall, in next they are moving stuff with their mind, 2 days later thay can move water,,,

ITS JUST HARD to belive them ^_^

you know i tried playing Super Mario once, and it took me longer to go through the game than it takes these kids to go from noone to I CAN MAKE RAIN FALL

so please try to understand these kids are reasons we on UM are so Hars at people with supernatural ideas ;)

You Must Understand that it worked the other way around as well you have any idea how many times someone has made a claim to have evidence of aliens, UFO's and such things, yet it all comes down to that little thing we call truth and at the end Many have openlly admited to FAKING and making up evidence

Taking into consideration recorded history people through-out the world have been talking about such things since history began and people fake lots of things unrelated to either UFOs or Psi. As far as faking and making up evidence of things unrelated to Psi and UFO's lets face facts, if it were not for that the world would have no need for policemen or judges and so on.

and my friend you also need to know that skeptics are not Skeptic about everything,, some of us belive in things, just not things presented to us by 8th graders (Hope You know where i am going with this)

P.S. you must understand that if a serious, Grown up man/woman came up to me and said they can move things with their mind, i would be MORE than happy to waste few minutes of my time to see this wonder, however when i am aproached by a 13-14 year old kids who in one post say they make rain fall, in next they are moving stuff with their mind, 2 days later thay can move water,,,

ITS JUST HARD to belive them

you know i tried playing Super Mario once, and it took me longer to go through the game than it takes these kids to go from noone to I CAN MAKE RAIN FALL

so please try to understand these kids are reasons we on UM are so Hars at people with supernatural ideas

Well taking into consideration the limits inherent in internet conversations, communications of this type (related to the paranormal) can be frustrating, but that is because of the medium not the people. Personally it’s nice to see adolescents involved in intellectual and creative pursuits.

I would really enjoying looking at this data "Proof please"

The links provided as well as the experimental data afforded in the link included in my sig is proof, from the context from the context of being the best available in every sense. The best scientist in the world and one of the most renowned scientific journals in the world (in reality). See I see a problem here and that is, it is possible that your request for proof in relation to the internets capacity, as a medium, which can convey that proof, is unrealistic.

But let me just say, that the information provided, from the context, of this medium is discussable, in so far as being verifiable using the information provided. One can research the content, identify the format as correct in relation to computational issues (the math) and verify the source of the material.

Understand that if I were to walk into a lecture hall in any major university in the world and engage in a debate ,regarding the validity of PSI with this data my opponent would loose (been there done that), and your suggesting to me it is not good enough??

Please understand to me that seems very strange but we are having a pleasant conversation and I am enjoying that, so let me just ask that you respond to this

question...what to you is proof?? Keep in mind now I have asked several UM skeptics

to provide an answer to that question and thus far have received no responses.

Take the opportunity to look as well at the link included in my sig…..

Any thoughts?