Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will biology solve the universe ?

UM-Bot

user posted image rFor years, scientists have tried to develop a universal theory of everything. Steven Hawking predicts that such a theory will be discovered in the next 20 years. A new theory asserts that biology, not physics, will be the key to unlocking the deepest mysteries of the universe, such as quantum mechanics.

"The answer to the universe is biology -- it's as simple as that," says Doctor Robert Lanza, vice president of research and scientific development at Advanced Cell Technology.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Wired News

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• St Q

• UM-Bot

• Raptor

Top Posters In This Topic

the more theories I read , the more I'm convinced no one has a clue really.not to say it isn't interesting or have some merit or even part of the answer but , give it a while and this theory will with others fall to the wayside as well as being incomplete. as for 'the answer to everything' . usually when you think you have the answer you find the question has changed .

theories ( and religious beliefs , in which theories can be seen as because of 'how sure ' some are) are like Baskin Robbins 31 flavors and people have thier own taste. a theory they feel comfortable with.

I myself think if we think we did have the answer the more apt to find out in the long run we don't. The minute we know all there is to know about this universe we just may be apt to find a gate way to another taking us to square one. wouldn't that be ironic?

She makes a lot of sense, biology the missing key to the physics of the Universe. Why not the Universe creates life and destroys it.

Some people believe Biology will solve the universe, others think it's Religion, or Philosophy.

I believe Art is going to solve the universe, or at least your own universe.

I believe its psychedelic drugs that will save us all (and solve the mysteries of the universe)... :su

Edited by Shuriken

I believe its psychedelic drugs that will save us all (and solve the mysteries of the universe)... :su

I agree, those scientists should consume DMT before formulating any relevant theory!

I believe life plays a bigger part in this universe than science has given it credit. Since the discovery of the four known forces, I've always felt that the life-force should have been included.

If I understand the new discoveries in quantum mechanics correctly, our brains act as energy-to-matter convertors. Whether secretions of DMT from the pineal gland is responsible for this or not, a biocentric approach to the unified theory may explain many unsolved mysteries. For me personally, it would explain out-of-body experiences. In short, what Dr. Lanza proposes is nothing more than a personalized expanded model of Einstein's special theory of relativity.

I believe life plays a bigger part in this universe than science has given it credit. Since the discovery of the four known forces, I've always felt that the life-force should have been included.

If I understand the new discoveries in quantum mechanics correctly, our brains act as energy-to-matter convertors. Whether secretions of DMT from the pineal gland is responsible for this or not, a biocentric approach to the unified theory may explain many unsolved mysteries. For me personally, it would explain out-of-body experiences. In short, what Dr. Lanza proposes is nothing more than a personalized expanded model of Einstein's special theory of relativity.

:tu: Good post. Welcome to UN.

The four forces are they're what govern how matter behaves. There's no such 'life force' in the same sense as these other forces, if there even is one at all.

If I understand the new discoveries in quantum mechanics correctly, our brains act as energy-to-matter convertors.

How do you mean?

:tu: Good post. Welcome to UN.
Thank you! It's great to be here.

The four forces are they're what govern how matter behaves. There's no such 'life force' in the same sense as these other forces, if there even is one at all.
To date, the force of life is not measurable by any scientific standards. Theories abound concerning the consciousness of the atom and how it governs its own behavior. These theories have leaped to the consciousness of the living cell and even to spheres of light. Most of the theories that I've read concerning gravity sound just as crazy as these. Whether a life-force was created micro-seconds after the big bang or sometime later, one has to admit that a very strong force governs the aggressiveness and prosperity of life, however small, on this planet and possibly throughout the universe.

If I understand the new discoveries in quantum mechanics correctly, our brains act as energy-to-matter convertors.
How do you mean?
In quantum mechanics, the double-slit experiment suggests that matter appears as a solid while being observed, but acts like a wave while not being observed. In other words, E equals E, but we as observers convert it to mc². If this is true, it's a difficult hurdle for me to accept... but hey, scientific history is replete with those. Edited by St Q