Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two people dreaming about each other

dragonvamp13

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. I have had dreams about my ex-love and then he'll call me the next day to tell me he had a dream about me. Is this like a psychic ability between lovers, soulmates....

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. I have had dreams about my ex-love and then he'll call me the next day to tell me he had a dream about me. Is this like a psychic ability between lovers, soulmates....

I've no idea. Sounds interesting though.

I've had dreams of people I'm not familiar with in real life. I don't think I've ever met them, perhaps I've walked past them while out shopping or something and their faces are embedded in my mind but anyway, what I wonder about is if we're sharing a dream because these people seem so real.

this happens all the times to me...it usually happens to soulmates or people who share similar energetic frequencies. and, yes, you actually met him at astral plane.

It sounds manifested; I remember talking to someone about manifesting stuff. Like if you want it that bad it can happen you just think about it ALL the time.. So possibly one of you wants to be with the other....Or talk to the other and so you have manifested it to happen.

Hi Dragonvamp:

Well, I've had dreams of people I've never met before, but I remember one particular dream I had recently. It was a provocative dream that lasted only 6 seconds. I was with a guy, a casual acquaintance I had the fortune of speaking with several times in waking life. The strangest thing about it was the next day I saw him again after not seeing him for a while. He said "Hi Isis". I looked at him, and from his facial expression, I had the strongest feeling he had the same dream. I was, however, too embarrassed to actually ask him if he did.

Yeah, right, I can imagine myself asking him "By the way, did you have a provocative dream about me last night?" hehehe *hiccup*

linked-image

I dream about ISSIS all the time. Jus joking! Go check out my Pedictons thread in general off topics.

Yes, I have also dream't of people I haven't even met in person. Strange, but in my dream these people now me like if I was a close friend of theirs.

This is something Ive often wondered.

As a kid I kinda paired off early with this girl (OK - two of them!) :wub::wub: often had dreams about her - but the day after I had any dreams as such I'd noticed she'd behave slightly differently. It was a question I'd always wanted to ask but never did - as in "did we have the same dream?". We got separated (such is life :( ) - but I still occasionally get dreams about them. The last one being around 4 moths ago. The three of us in a boat in a lake - though they looked the age they would be now.

I'm wondering if there is a bit more to these dreams - I keep getting them now and then - we even have conversations.

but they always end the same way - with us kinda apart from each other just looking at each other - then I'd loose her in a 'crowd' or something - she'd be drifting away. :cry:

Its usually at this point I wake up.

OK - can I invite someone to point out the bloody obvious to me...........

Ive held my ex, {lover} boy did we have a passionate , crazy sex life. Its important to tell you becuae we truely loved eachother and were friends for 11 years before we decided to rock on the hobbie horse. we fell alseep as lovers do and then i woke up , remembering still fading a dream, at the same time so did he , he told me his dream . we were in italy so it seemed in an outdoor cafe haveing coffee and talking, " I had the same exact dream" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO JOKE

it never came into my life again that way, but that time, the same dream with the same person the same night together, We both came to the conclusion that we must have met in our dream. Whatever it means.

IT WAS PRETTY AWESOME

I have had matching dreams with my mother, which is disturbing because they are usually about her trying to kill me. She will have a dream about chasing me with a big knife, or actually having to kill me for some reason (which she reports she takes no pleasure in :)) and I have a dream the same night about being chased or some such. Disturbing.

Well, I've had dreams of people I've never met before, but I remember one particular dream I had recently. It was a provocative dream that lasted only 6 seconds. I was with a guy, a casual acquaintance I had the fortune of speaking with several times in waking life. The strangest thing about it was the next day I saw him again after not seeing him for a while. He said "Hi Isis". I looked at him, and from his facial expression, I had the strongest feeling he had the same dream. I was, however, too embarrassed to actually ask him if he did.

:D

This made me think of my bestfriend...while in HS she had a crush on a guy, but really didn't know him all that well. One day she told me she dreamt about this guy that night before and when arriving to school the next morning, she came face to face with him while turning a corner. She said that they both stopped and stared at each other for a few seconds, before going their seperate ways. And from what you said..."I looked at him, and from his facial expression, I had the strongest feeling he had the same dream"...she too also mentioned that she had a feeling that she was in his dreams.

So, I think that two ppl dreaming of each other on the same night is/can be possible.

interesting.....

i once had a dream that i met this girl, and we started talking and went for a walk and i got to know her very well in this dream. we ran around and had fun and caused a bunch of mischief together, you know, kid stuff. in the dream, as i was with her, i actually felt myself fall in love with her, and i felt true happiness. it was really amazing to feel this in a dream and i was so compelled by it that when i woke up, i realized that my present girlfriend (who had treated me like sh** for a long time, but yet i still hung on) was a waste of my effort and i could meet someone who would treat me so much better. someone i could be much happier with. i guess before i realized this, i thought that how our relationship was, was just how love went. well, i haven't met the girl from my dream (the girl of my dreams :) ), but i did call my (now ex)girlfriend that morning and i broke up with her for good. we had been on and off for a while and i haven't talked to her since.

i hope some day in the future i may meet that girl from my dream, though i suspect it was simply a metaphor. either way, it has done me a whole world of good.

dreams can be very mysterious and even enlightening. :tu:

Edited by crtbud420

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

that's a real cool story kazahel, it's amazing that things like that can happen. thanks for sharing that.

this happens all the times to me...it usually happens to soulmates or people who share similar energetic frequencies. and, yes, you actually met him at astral plane.

That's interesting you say that CuteCandy, i'm curious as to what makes you so confident about that, like where did you learn that from? Because I have often thought the exact same thing.

Many times I've had dreams about people, usually females, that I feel I've made real connections to in my dreams. There are two girls in particular that I'll dream about from time to time and I look forward to everyone, these dreams are usually the type of dreams people call lucid dreams, where everything feels really real to you. After talking and hanging out with them in my dreams, upon awakening, I always have the feeling that it was a real meeting, that somehow we actually met and were interacting with one another in our dreams.

My theory was always that maybe most of the time our dreams are just random creations we alone make, but that every once and a while two people will some how meet or come together for a time while asleep and interact and share a dream with one another. In one instance I remember dreaming about walking into some high rise building......while I was entering one of the doors a friend I knew in high school was coming out of the door right beside it, we both got half way past each other and then at the same time got excited and turned to greet each other when we recognized the other person, we said hi and had a half shake half high five and began asking each other how we'd been and what we were up to. I've always thought and wondered if maybe we really met in the dream world. And like I said, along with that instance, I'm always having dreams about females that make me feel I really met them in my dreams, two girls in particular, and the thing that really makes me think it was a real meeting/s (other guys would probably understand this) was that the dreams were never really sexual like most dreams I normally would have about women, in these dreams I always had a strong feeling of genuine love, like we were best friends and I'd do anything for them. I loved them in the man and woman lets get together and make babies kind of way too in my own mind while dreaming, but that never manifested in a physical sexual way in the dreams it was always the feelings of genuine love, interest, and caring for the girl........I can't really explain how those dreams feel when I have them, but I always feel like I may have really been with them and them with me in these dreams.

:D

This made me think of my bestfriend...while in HS she had a crush on a guy, but really didn't know him all that well. One day she told me she dreamt about this guy that night before and when arriving to school the next morning, she came face to face with him while turning a corner. She said that they both stopped and stared at each other for a few seconds, before going their seperate ways. And from what you said..."I looked at him, and from his facial expression, I had the strongest feeling he had the same dream"...she too also mentioned that she had a feeling that she was in his dreams.

So, I think that two ppl dreaming of each other on the same night is/can be possible.

This just reminded me of something that happened to me in H.S.! And it's so weird because I was thinking about this exact same thing the other day, anyway...

This wasn't exactly two people sharing a dream but it's pretty close. See, back in H.S. there was this girl that I really liked, but I was always too afraid to talk to her. And I'm certain that she liked me too, ever since she said she wanted to have a turn on a swing when our class was on a field trip in middle school and I jumped right off as soon as she said that and let her take my swing I think she totatly dug me. But like I said I was too afraid to talk to her. Anyway, our crush on each other continued on into H.S., and one night while laying in bed I tried to mentally and spiritually reach out and talk to her, I expressed the feeling to her that I was just a dumb shy idiot and that I loved her and I wanted so bad to talk to her but I was just to shy and needed to be sure she felt the same way about me, so I told her she'd have to help me out by talking to me first if she felt the same way about me. Well afterwards I went to sleep and then got up the next morning and went to school, same old same old right? Well when I got to the one class we had together that day the teacher hadn't gotten there yet and the door was locked so I stood against the wall next to the door to wait for him to get there. While I was waiting she walked up and leaned against the wall next to me and then she turned to me and asked my why I never talked that much! As soon as she said that I thought back to what I had done and I literally, no lie, was speechless! I really couldn't answer her, I kept trying to speak but I was so shocked she came up and talked to me and asked me that question (keep in mind we hadn't really spoken to each other snice freshmen year and now we were both seniors) that I just couldn't say ANYTHING, and I tried believe me, I seriously couldn't get my mouth to work! I got out a weird grunting gargle sound and improvised with an "I don't know" shoulder shrug since I couldn't talk. After that she didn't say anything else, and while I was trying to regain my train of thought and think of something to say (while also agonizing about how stupid I sounded not being able to talk) the teacher arrived and opened the door and everybody just went inside and we never really spoke again.

To this day i'm positive I had something to do with her coming up to me that day, and that I probably ruined my one and only shot with the girl who could very likely be my twin flame.... But hey, whatcha gonna do right?

I think I had another shared dream last night with my son..

In the morning my son came in to wake me up and so I asked him what he dreamt last night. I asked him without telling anything of my dreams while I was thinking about this dream I had. Anyway my son said he dreamt that he was a big shark, and that there was a big t-rex in the ocean which was so big it's feet were touching the ground but its head was still out of the water. He said he was eating the t-rex's feet first and then he ate him all up. Then he said he ate a scuba diver up too. So I asked him if it was night time or day time and he said it was dark after he had eaten the t-rex.

Anyway I dreamt last night that I was in the ocean(had fallen from a boat I think)with another person who I didnt know but was a friend. The light was just fading and the water was getting pretty dark and scary and when I looked down I saw one of the biggest sharks I've ever seen. It swam right under my feet(like almost touching them) and it was just huge(like a whale size almost).. Anyway the person next to me started to get eaten by his feet and he was screaming and I was panicking and didnt go lucid at all and was just trying to figure out how to survive. Anyway I started to swim away because I thought maybe if I got far enough away the shark would only eat him. But I felt kinda bad because he was a friend and I thought its probably going to get me too, so I turned around with the intention to try to punch the shark in the head while he was eating so maybe I could scare it off. Anyway my friend got eaten quickly and I was just left floating in the water waiting for my turn.. but I dont actually remember getting eaten.. it was like the dream ended there.

But after a few more dreams my last dream was of me jumping off a boat and onto the sand of the shore to which I just rolled on with my back like how a cat does. I was so happy to be on the shore I just rolled around infront of everyone for awhile like a crazy man which I could see they were thinking but it was only because I was so happy to be on the shore.

So yeah.. it was pretty trippy because I dont dream of swimming in the ocean with sharks very often, and it was the frist time I think my son has ever dreamt he was a feeding shark. So for us to both dream those dreams the same night spun me out. I think I mustve been the scuba diver which got eaten after he ate my friend which in his dream was the t-rex which I guess he got from his t-rex teddy bear he slept with last night.

Oh yeah I forgot to add that we havent been watching any shark movies like Jaws or anything, so it wasnt like we watched tv about sharks and then both dreamt it. It was just out of the blue.

Hey check this out.. Ghost Ship

I just saw it on the news just then and I thought it reminded me alittle of my dream a few days ago with the sharks. You see my son also told me that he dreamt that he tried to take out a boat when he was a shark too. I didnt ask him much about that at the time because I was more interested in the swimmer and the t-rex. But yeah anyway my son said he tried to take out a boat but ate the t-rex and the swimmer in the water. I also have a half memory of taking a hand which was offered and I remember putting my knees onto a white shelf which was almost in the water and then you had to step into the boat. I mainly remembered that a few days ago which I had left out in the dream above because I posted in the morning and remembered abit later that day. I didnt remember anymore than that though.. just being on the white shelf and taking a hand to help me up.

Anyway I thought with this and the timing, and the name of the ship, it was trippy.

And my guess is they got eaten by something.

I totally know what you guys mean, but maybe it's only the dreamer that gets that feeling when you actually see them (or we think that they behave differently) I'd like to believe the first one though : ) Once I meet someone who shares my interest in dreaming we'll definitley try to have the same one at the same time (lucid) I have a twin but I don't really talk about that stuff : /

• 10 years later...

So i have a similar situation. I had this erotic dream about my gf and I, i remember a lot of detail, so naturally i was a bit perky when i woke up. I text my gf goodmorning, ask how’d she sleep, if she had a good rest etc. She tells me she slept wonderfully and had the most desirable dream, i ask her about it. She tells me details and i finish her sentence and she was shocked, asked how i knew. I told her i had the exact same dream, we explain details to eachother so we were both like mindblown. Does anyone have answers? And if you must know about the dream im thinking on writing a book about it ;^)

• 1 year later...

The other day I had a dream about a Co-worker at my college job. It was a short event but as you know  certain dreams are so powerful and filled with emotion it feels like time doesn't exist. The feelings a felt at the moment was vulnerability and pure bliss as we embraced each other and shared our feelings. The weather was rainy in the dream and I remember the next day I woke up it was the same weather. I walked passed him in the hall while he was sitting down on his phone. We met eyes so I awkwardly said hi, he was smiling at first but then his facial expression became straight and serious. It didn't make sense but I think he experienced the same dream because of that. But I cant directly ask him because that's kinda sexual harassment in the work place. Last Friday we passed each other again and we smiled at each other while blushing, I'm not trying to assume anything but I'm pretty suspicious about this dream now. 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, Dope Ninja said:

It didn't make sense but I think he experienced the same dream because of that. But I cant directly ask him because that's kinda sexual harassment in the work place. Last Friday we passed each other again and we smiled at each other while blushing, I'm not trying to assume anything but I'm pretty suspicious about this dream now. 

Hi,

Shared dreams do happen. Hopefully you will get a chance to chat with him some time. Then ask in a casual way if he has any opinions about shared dreams.

John

• 1 month later...

I once had a very detailed dream about someone I had an infatuation with. He had a jealous girlfriend so I didn't really ever talk to him. That weekend I was at the nightclub where he worked. I was standing behind him and overheard him telling the exact same dream to a friend down to the details. I didn't have the courage to ask him about it and don't know if I was in his dream or if it was just the same dream with different people in it. 

I have given and received messages with people I've had close bonds with that were confirmed later. Only one of us had the dream, the one receiving the message.