Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams.....

Ghostboo

Why can't you remember certain dreams?Like night terrors for instance.It seems like every night terror you have,you can't remember.I only had one though....Even with nightmares...You don't remember what you were dreaming about but you wake up scared stiff.....It's wierd.....

:s09boo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Loonboy

• Dakoda

• Halo_Jones

Night Terrors are not dreams or nightmares but a reaction in the brain which increases the heart rate and produces adreniline thats why you wake up feeling scared, we pretty much covered it in another thread.

but if you want to know how to remember dreams there are a few tried and tested ways in which to master it.

As with most things it takes pratice, I remember very nearly all my dreams and when I'm dreaming I'm aware that I'm dreaming and then can manipulate my dreams.

I started by making a dream diary, you can do this by keeping a pad and pencil next to your bed and writing down your dream as soon as you wake up. This way you can start to build up a list of dreams, pretty soon you'll realise that when your dreaming you can become aware of the fact that its not reality and thats when you can try things like flying. The best time to do this is if you awake in the night, try to remember the dream then relax and think of a way in which you can make things better, when you drift back in to your dream you should recognise this and then you can start to try things out.

Good luck Halo

[blue]

I believe that what you are referring to, Halo, is lucid dreaming. Although there have been and are experiments currently being undertaken to work out what lucid dreaming is, and to induce it, there is an alternative concern that it is an unhealthy practice. Dreams are not understood but it is thought that they are the mind's way of purging all the rubbish out of the system, and of working out solutions to problems which cannot be arrived at during consciousness. To control the dream every night could possibly be dangerous.

If someone is thinking of undertaking lucid dreaming, I would suggest caution and rests between each attempt to allow the mind to do it's own stuff.

:s03[/blue]

It is good advice not to try to control your dreams all the time and I don't think it's possible. I usually am able to control my dreams in the very early morning around 4 or 5am, as I first wake up then, when I go back to sleep, as I have been doing this for awhile, I can pick a favourite dream then its up to your imagination.

A favourite of mine is to be standing at the top of a grassy hill then to run down as fast as I can and jump then I can fly above peoples heads. Some people I know can visit other countries and experience different foods or introduce fantasy people into their dreams  :s1

There are so many possibilitys and after all you spend nearly 1/3 of your life asleep so why not have some fun, you can't hurt anyone.

I think one of the reasons that we wake up without having any account of what went on during our deepest sleeping stages is because while sleeping, your mind and body are at ease, and you have a facile capability of awareness. Once you wake up, on the other hand, your mind is suddenly bombarded with sounds, thoughts, feelings, smells, and images, which may block your memory and awareness of the events that occured during the night.  

I never thought there was a skill that you could develop enable a more frequent experience of lucid dreaming? Anyone know how can I attain that?

I remember reading where you should keep a pen and paper by your bed,  and as soon as you awaken,  write down what you were dreaming.  I never could remember them later anyway,  so I tried it.   But later,  I looked at the paper - and I couldn't make out a single word!!   :(    Maybe I should try it with a tape recorder!  (hope I don't mumble!)   :-/

[blue]Dakoda, I believe the experts do it by placing electrodes on the head to read the brainwaves of the sleeping person. When the dreamer reaches the point of dreaming, the brainwaves change and a little tinkling bell is rung near the sleeper. When they hear it, they know they are dreaming, and can relax and enjoy the dream, take control, whatever.

How you do this on your own as an amateur, I have no idea. lol.  ;D

KC, that is a good idea of writing down your dreams in a journal. The first stage in becoming more psychic is to pay more attention to your abilities, and the same goes with dreams. The more attention you give it, the more you will remember and the more you will get out of your dreaming life. Stick with it, is my advice.

:s04

[/blue]

Thanks,  LB,  I will keep at it!

(however,  if it ever gets published,  I will have to change some names - to protect the innocent!)   ;D

Interesting site,  Al,  although I've only scanned it.    :)

I am not sure if it is very good to control your dreams.. If I am correct then dreams are to rethink the things you have been doing all day, so that your braind can store it somewhere (hmm, would really like to know how that works..   :s6). So if you start controlling your dreams you are disableing the function of dreams..

I have tried if many times to control my dreams, most of the time I am aware that i am dreaming, but always when I try to change something, the opposite happens.. Imagen how a scary dream gets.. I want to make it lighter, then all the lights go of.. I want to change the evil thing into something nice and it get's bigger teeth... Yuch.. My imagination is a big hole anyway, with way to much thoughts...

Odin S.  :s9

I believe the experts do it by placing electrodes on the head to read the brainwaves of the sleeping person. When the dreamer reaches the point of dreaming, the brainwaves change and a little tinkling bell is rung near the sleeper. When they hear it, they know they are dreaming, and can relax and enjoy the dream, take control, whatever.

Hmmm, kind of sounds like the primordial "Lucid Dreams co." (nudges Mr. X :s1)

I once took control of my dream (only once). I was capable of informing myself that I was within the dream state, and talked myself into opening my eyes and waking up. :s9 I've been hoping it would happen again, but no luck so far!  >:(

Some eight years ago, maybe, my mother came into my bedroom to find me sleeping on my back in a very straight position, with my eyes wide open. I wonder how that happened.  ??? :s2

I didn't think it was possible to practice controling dreams on your own, but Mr-X showed me this site, there are a few answers to FAQ about dream control and such, if anyone is interested.  :sr Click right HERE

• 4 weeks later...

apparently a dream only lasts a few seconds....but always seems longer.when i dream, its of things that normally i want, but cannot have or do.i mean like meeting an old friend in a dream that you haven't seen for years, but the appearance is all wrong. i had a really elaborate dream once, it was roughly about a natural disaster on earth which wiped out most of the population, and we moved to a nice planet, much smaller than earth which had no other life forms, but huge 100ft trees and forests everywhere.our spacecraft was the big red thing of of red dwarf!