Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Skeptic Challenge

Tannenisis

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tannenisis

• Jjbreen

• Darkflame

• She-ra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a person that is on the line with readings, i do hear allot that when a medium/psychic is trying to read a person he/she sometimes ends up getting energy from someone else either in or around that person who is being focused upon, i do know that it is easier to read a person who believes rather then one who doesn't..

Not sure what you've posted in your history; although I post here, I'm an admin on another forum and that takes up my internet time. Cool okay

But I'll give it a go anyway. Here's what I sense:

It's all about your inner state of mind; I'm not seeing other folks here. Yes ,right now I have been very "inside myself". That's what brought me here with such desires as learning and growing; specifically within myself

Temperance is your middle name. You like to keep an even keel during troublesome times; people have a hard time knowing that they have affected you unless you allow them to see it. And if you allow them to see it, then the pain had to be bad enough to force you to let your guard down. Ummmm SPOT ON. LOL.

Things have been changing for you so much and there has been an underlying anxiety within yourself. Very true! You've managed to offset this with time alone and some good introspection. Once again SPOT ON.

But I have a question for you:

Why do you insist on thinking that your situation is a judgment that you deserve? I'm not sure. I am quite an easy person to get along with; or so I've been told. I guess it all goes back to an ingrained Catholic guilt thought pattern that I'm seriously trying to break. I tend to blame myself for things that I shouldn't; and even worse. I try to make them better which then sometimes makes me feel even worse... and at times "taken advantage of". Please don't think I am the "victim" kind of person. Surely I am NOT. I tend to be more forgiving. Am I making sense?. Things are the way they are because it is the cycle of life, not penance for something you've done. Okay The very spiritual forces you seek so greatly are denied when you do this. I do not understand can you elaborate on this please?

You have been breaking mental chains slowly, transforming yourself into something new. Yes, I am trying. But a coming event is going to remind you of those dark times of your soul. UGH!! Scared now. Darn it!! It won't be as bad as you think it will: a monetary boon is going to offset it. Okay, we'll see That is why you are temperance: something happens to you and immediately the opposite follows right on its heels. Huh, that is pretty accurate I must say- Good one! You don't have time to get too stuck in a rut because of this. LOL yes, no ruts for me LOL! Well maybe one thing...hmmm...okay.

This is your real judgment: the fact that life responds to you this way. There is no all-consuming negativity because the positive pushes its way into your view all the time. YEP And you are aware of it. YEP So stop thinking such negative thoughts (I keep getting something about being a failure) Yes, I understand what you speak of here; it's hard not to feel like I've failed somehow; and I cannot seem to pin-point anything specific. Sometimes this keeps me up at night like, well if I did this more; maybe that would NOT have happened. Or, if I didn't do that maybe things would be different. I don't know. No, your life isn't the way you pictured it. Not the fairy tale I imagined at all but it's okay. My expectations did not mach up to my realities; for whatever reason. I just have to believe there's a reason behind everything that happens in life and try to live and grow from my experiences. Nobody's is. Okay But it is time to stop using those mental swords against yourself. Do I have to?? LOL...easier said than done. It's odd because I am very positive but when I look inside myself I tend to blame myself for things I possibly shouldn't. It's had to change but I'm trying!

Whether these words are true or not, blessings to you on your path! Wow I feel so EASY (yuck- yuck...lol)...you hit some very sensative nerves dear. Thank you for your time and effort. I truly appreciate it. :) Jody

Tangie

To be honest, this is probably the only close part I've found. Some of my friends are just fairly different from me but I don't have many problems around me.

In general, I haven't had any love matters in the past. (I.E. Haven't got into any relationships yet.)

If anything, I'm more optimistic than ever. I'm getting on really well with my classmates and even all the teachers. I'm very confident with my recent exams and even in the last month, I've been given a free scholarship to a Gaeltacht school for three weeks worth over 700euro. (A kind of boarding school where you speak nothing but Irish. It's mainly fun with sports, art, music etc, only about two hours less of learning Irish better etc.) And I haven't any problem with a 'male influence'.

I can't honestly find anything in my life at the moment that ties in with this.

Thanks, but most of these words didn't seem to be in place in my life at the moment. Thanks again, it was interesting and good luck with the others!

P.S. If the rest of the readings don't go well, I won't suggest anything for the new avatar, I don't think you deserve that kind of 'punishment' for taking your time to read people who've asked for it. :blush:

The male influence had its beginnings now, but I sensed that more for the near future. The funny thing was that I kept getting this image of a woman over and over, just assumed that it was a girlfriend/love interest. But she kept popping up in there.

I was also nervous and kept thinking I was completely nuts for even trying this whole thing yesterday, but I can laugh about it.

At least I gave it a go. You were a good sport about the whole thing. :lol:

Edited by Tannenisis

==- A lot of "readers" say this... LOL! So I guess I would say this could be apparently 'right on'.

It took me a bit to get anything at all. My husband is like this also and says others tell him the same thing. However, the only time I saw an aura in my entire life was with him...and this was not a pleasant experience.

I tried anyway because I didn't want you to think it was a cop-out or something. :blush: Further, this is also a fun test for me after communing with atheists for three years. I'm in a stage of "rebirth," so to speak, awakening again to parts of myself I had cut off.

So I was way off. Sorry bout that!

]==- Not even sure what this means in the communication w/others. Communication has never been a challenge for me.

==- The break again would only be from some of the health issues that have been a part of my life more than not.

==- Not withdraw and there is no rift w/family, friends or other wise. Well except the people I p*** off, once and awhile. Exception not the rule. I guess the accounting departments that get my bills of service might was too feel a 'rift'.... ;)

No, that means that there is a part of yourself that you keep separated that doesn't interact with others.

I sense that you will continue to do this to your detriment. Internally, you are a house divided, attempting to shed a part of yourself like an old skin. But the real issue is deep within your inner child, where you are vulnerable. That is where you have not gone because it makes you uncomfortable. Until you do this, you will keep on having this disharmony. You will be successful in shaping your mind as you wish, but it will have external ramifications. There are two women in your life that the rift will widen further with because they represent the part of yourself you are shedding.

==- Again not sure what this means. I'm not 'divided' within me. I can actually say after 52 years, I'm fine w/where I'm at. Health issues not withstanding.

What I got was that this is something to do with a subconscious memory that you've buried. That is the "house divided." It is not an entirely conscious thing... most things in life aren't.

==- As for the "two women" - hmm.... the only women in my life is my wife of 32 years. Well except my daughters and g'daughter.

==- As far as my mind is concerned, I just kind of had to chuckle a little at this. So did my wife. As my wife stated, "wow, if you mind was any more focused and disciplined, I'm not sure what I'd do with you." I have a very Focused and controlled mind - it's a good reason I do what I do for living - using my mind, so I really have to challenge this one.

One of the women I sensed could have been your wife. The other one had a strong intellect and wit like that of a man.

==- Again not sure what conflicts you are talking about, unless you can be more specific, since the only disharmony would be the health issues. That is the only challenge that keeps 'haunting me'.

This is an aside, but I recall reading that medical afflictions can mirror where we are in our life; there are diseases that correspond to our emotional/mental state. Such as asthma, which I have and was recently hospitalized for. It means "fear of life" as the life is the breath. Whenever I have fallen ill, it has been the case that the situation echoes some internal mechanism that I need to face at the time.

Perhaps I have been around Tibetans too much and read too much into things. :P

As I told the other person that tried to read me, "Maybe you should have just left it to, "you are hard to read" - I would have agreed w/that totally. Since other "Readers" like yourself have stated the same thing.

Maybe.

Now I might add at the time that you posted this reading, depending on your time zone: I was in the ER since 2pm to 8pm. Due to the Biopsy, my lung has 'slightly colapsed' and infection was detected. I was in some pain. But both of these were expected to happen. So I was more than just a tad frustrated especially with the coughing that only exasterpated the pain in the left chest.

Sorry to hear that. I'm having problems of my own, so its rough. Take it easy.

If you would like to try again - feel free. Sometimes it's taken two attempts for people to read - though even then they were either reading totally someone else or just missed the mark. It's your call. :)

No, it's your call. I issued the challenge, dude. The Skeptic must decide!

As a person that is on the line with readings, i do hear allot that when a medium/psychic is trying to read a person he/she sometimes ends up getting energy from someone else either in or around that person who is being focused upon, i do know that it is easier to read a person who believes rather then one who doesn't..

This is challenging because its more than one person, not like a PM, phone call or actual face-to-face interaction. I actually had to write down the handles last night and concentrate hard on their avatars to try to get something. I stopped after three because I couldn't concentrate and it kept getting "muddy."

My husband is having a blast with this though. He shook his head at me and said, "You are going to have the worst avatar on the board!"

Ok. I do have a question for you I have always wanted to ask of on line readings . . . How do you "sence" through the www? Well that aside, I'm in. Let me know what you think

I don't know. I didn't even think it was possible until a couple of years ago. I had a PM convo with a woman who asked me what I sensed. It was bad news and she didn't PM me back for a couple of months. When she did, she said that if I hadn't of done the reading, she would have been completely broadsided by what happened (and it occurred on the exact dates I said). So she hadn't contacted me because she didn't know what to say. It involved the death of a loved one.

Truthfully, that scared me when it happened because I wasn't prepared for it to mean anything because it was on the internet and I told her as much. I have since done other things, but this is the first time I've ever had so many people at once like this. So its strange and weird and fun all at the same time, like I'm coming out of hiding or something. It's liberating, actually. I don't have to be right; I just have to be me.

Edited by Tannenisis

She-ra,

Everytime I see your handle I think of the theme song for that and He-Man. So I didn't have any problems picturing you at all...lol. I think you made perfect sense with what you are saying about the guilt-thing. This situation I spoke of is looking like very soon, as in within a week. Don't worry about it; the fact that you know its coming is part of the reason you won't be taken aback.

Go ahead make my day. Always wanted to say that. But really go ahead sence away.

I don't know. I didn't even think it was possible until a couple of years ago. I had a PM convo with a woman who asked me what I sensed. It was bad news and she didn't PM me back for a couple of months. When she did, she said that if I hadn't of done the reading, she would have been completely broadsided by what happened (and it occurred on the exact dates I said). So she hadn't contacted me because she didn't know what to say. It involved the death of a loved one.

Truthfully, that scared me when it happened because I wasn't prepared for it to mean anything because it was on the internet and I told her as much. I have since done other things, but this is the first time I've ever had so many people at once like this. So its strange and weird and fun all at the same time, like I'm coming out of hiding or something. It's liberating, actually. I don't have to be right; I just have to be me.

Then what is the point. It is apparent that there is no ability.

I'm ready to be read. Are you able to read more people, Tannenisis? I would greatly appreciate it

Tannenisis,

This has been interesting reading.

Please include me too if you can? I will try to concentrate a little to help you read me better. ;)

thanks,

star****

Then what is the point. It is apparent that there is no ability.

It apparent you failed to read the entire thing and just singled out what agrees with your foregone conclusion. You guys asked for somebody to step up to the plate; I've done so without any previous experience with handling this many folks asking me to read them. Not only that, but I have very limited experience doing this online, but I offered because I'm not one to not "put up or shut up."

The most I've ever done is three at a time and that was in person. I don't do this for a living.

It apparent you failed to read the entire thing and just singled out what agrees with your foregone conclusion. You guys asked for somebody to step up to the plate; I've done so without any previous experience with handling this many folks asking me to read them. Not only that, but I have very limited experience doing this online, but I offered because I'm not one to not "put up or shut up."

The most I've ever done is three at a time and that was in person. I don't do this for a living.

For the record, Tan - I actually have a lot of respect for you, in that you are doing this! :tu: I honestly mean that. I wish other "Talkers" would follow your example and step up... well done!

I will do 3-5 this evening that asked from page 1: Magickal, sharks213area, Wet Whiskey, Genocyde, and Spazm.

Tomorrow, I will begin with Barek Halfhand and the rest of those on page 1. Tuesday: starting with the top of Page 2.

This is just a general outline; I will attempt to do them during the day also as there are so many.

Thanks so much for keeping it nice and friendly!

For the record, Tan - I actually have a lot of respect for you, in that you are doing this! :tu: I honestly mean that. I wish other "Talkers" would follow your example and step up... well done!

Thanks. Gotta go cook dinner; my toddler is pulling me from the computer. BBL.

I want to express my gratitude too, there is no hurry from me Tannenisis, take your time and i will be here reading all of the other readings....... :tu:

Again - Tan,

I want to personally acknowledge the Courage, Integrity, Accountablity and such that you've shown by stepping up to the plate. As a Skeptic, I hope you understand that I don't just give out compliments. They have to be earned, and you have earned it from me!

Do I expect you to be 100% right on all the time w/everyone - NO I do not. Because you are human and you've never made that claim.

This was for "fun" and as you've implied in your post - you are spreading your wings and seeing how "this" works for you! WELL DONE!! :D

See for me as a "Skeptic: IT IS IMPORTANT that I acknowledge the positive just as much if not more so.

So again -- WELL DONE!! :tu:

Edited by Jjbreen

Hey there, everybody. I haven't been on these forums very long, but I thought I'd like to try something in the spirit of the AP Test that was recently conducted. I read a lot of this forum about folks not stepping up to the plate. So I'm stepping up, even if that means that I'm proven to be wrong in the public arena.

I'm looking for folks who would be interested in placing their hats in the ring for me to "read" them and see what I sense. I'll post what I sense in public view. The skeptics can feel free to share their observations with everybody else, tell me I'm off in la-la-land or whatever else you want to say...as long as we keep it friendly. My responses will all be made in the evenings after 9pm (which is when my rugrats are usually asleep).

If at the end of this, I have not said anything remotely accurate about anyone, I will change my signature and avatar to whatever you like. It can even say "Psychic Wannabe," :alien:, or anything else, though I hope you'll be more innovative than that! I'm married to an atheist, have a good sense of humor and I'm not here to draw lines in the sand. Consider me willing to be marked on the forum by whatever the skeptics decide.

So when stating that you would like me to read you, also post your nomination for what the signature and avatar should be.

I'd like to do this from today until Wednesday, shorter or longer depending on the response.

Remember: it's all for fun!! :lol:

Any takers?

When you are up for it and if you are still willing you can feel free to read me. I realize I do not have an avatar so if you need a picture to concentrate on try here http://photos.si.edu/material/anvil.gif That should do as well for me as an avatar.

Along with Jj and some of the other let me thank you for doing this. Always good to see someone step up to the plate and take a swing. Who knows. Perhaps you will surprise us all. Just have to see what happens here.

Also I hate to nit pic your offer here and Im not going to hold you to it should you fail but you state "if I have not said anything remotely accurate about anyone". That is just it. What is the definition of remotely accurate? We have a large group of people here for you to potentially read.Even with just flat out guessing there is the very real chance(and a good probability) of you getting something right even with no special abilities behind it. Again I am not going to pick out your new avatar and title should you totally fail but unless there is a beyond chance ratio of correct readings... well then that is that. Again I do not want to nit pic things to badly here but these are just some thoughts.

Good luck with the readings and thanks again for the offer.

Kevin A.

Again - Tan,

I want to personally acknowledge the Courage, Integrity, Accountablity and such that you've shown by stepping up to the plate. As a Skeptic, I hope you understand that I don't just give out compliments. They have to be earned, and you have earned it from me!

Do I expect you to be 100% right on all the time w/everyone - NO I do not. Because you are human and you've never made that claim.

This was for "fun" and as you've implied in your post - you are spreading your wings and seeing how "this" works for you! WELL DONE!! :D

See for me as a "Skeptic: IT IS IMPORTANT that I acknowledge the positive just as much if not more so.

So again -- WELL DONE!! :tu:

Tan - JJ has spoken words that I sentiment with exactly... only he was much more eloquent about it... although I'm not so much a skeptic. I truly appreciate your courage and accountability and honesty in your humble and clear communication with us re: your testing it out for yourself.

Thank you So much, - In love and light and growth and learning !

Magikal

;)

I did something a little different tonight. Because of the number of people here, I will restrict my reading to only the individual rather than also speaking of detailed external happenings. So these will be general. If you need clarification about a specific matter, it will be able to read better if I have a specific question to work with. So post one, if you have one in response to what I've said. I think that may cut out the static some.

Having said that:

Magikal:

Too much linear thinking. You recently came out of a dark time that evoked depression. Now you are again a seeker on your path. Yet your are hindered. You have not embraced the innocence of your spirit nor chosen to use your personal power wisely as you once did. Be careful: you will definitely reap what you sow here and it will not be pleasant. Balance your heart and mind (you know how!), embrace the feminine and be mindful of how you exercise your will over others.

Sharks123area:

You have journeyed within yourself recently, confronting subconscious problems and discarding outdated behavior. Congratulations. You have come to two spiritual doors in your life. We each choose our own heavens and hells. Now you must make a choice. One path leads through the ending of your suffering- here you will face the illusion that you've been living as. The other is blocked by stagnation because it leads to experiences that will you to discard old beliefs. You will instead cling to the past. Indecision is only prolonging your suffering. Choose. Because you already know which one isn't going to make you happy.

Wet Whiskey:

You have recently come out of a time of difficulty and powerlessness. You lack the ability to trust. Yet you are being asked to trust right now in a million different ways that are excruciatingly hard. Make the leap and open yourself to the change. There is no fear in leaving behind your disillusionment. If you don't start to trust, then your situation will not be successful (which would be a shame because it is in your favor right now).

Genocyde:

Excellent. You have reached a point where you are open and have matured extremely well on your path. The world has opened to you like a garden in bloom, new insights with each glance you take. Your anguish hastened this transformation. However beware: You are in danger of walking a dark road with your new found power if you do not align yourself with the positive. What you experienced was to teach you and give you strength. Not to make you bitter and resentful. Harboring negative feelings will only push you further down the wrong path. let it go. It's over.

Spazm:

The song of your destiny plays in your ears constantly, yet you focus on the sorrow. Opportunities, people...they are interacting with you daily to bring your dream into reality. Yet you are so focused on self that you have been blinded to them. The door to fulfilling your dreams appears blocked, but that is an illusion; barriers exist in your mind. Unless you pull yourself out of this, it will not happen as you wish. Because you won't recognize when its starting to happen.

Nocturnal:

You are denying who you are, shoving a portion of yourself into your subconscious. Your strength is hampered by your ego and false sense of individual power. So you are stagnant, stuck in the same place mentally and dealing with the same types of situations. If you don't balance yourself, be yourself and open your eyes to see the abundance all around you, it will be as if none of it is there. Denying yourself is folly. Unite.

Whether or not these words ring true, blessings on your paths!

Tangie

Edited by Tannenisis