Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Hunting

hewak

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that the type of people that these "xeno-forms" seem to be attracted to are also the type of people who tend to have active imaginations.... also the brains wave output is now shown to fluctuate between all different types alpha-theta-gamma (whatever) wavelengths depending on its active vs meditative states ....dreams transmit a certain type of signal...... happiness transmits a certain type of signal ......prayer/meditation transmits a certain type of signal ......FEAR transmits a certain type of signal ........my guess is; a sentient being or intelligent entity may be able to simply read the signals and respond accordingly....depending on its agenda that is :unsure2: .......B

halfhandshuffle:The White Stripes-the hardest button to button

Edited by Barek Halfhand

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• hewak

• MasterPo

• JustNormal

yea, its possible, that MOST of them can be caused by SP, but im sure you have all hear me telling about my encounter, its on another thread about shadow people, forgot the name of the thread, i saw one in broad daylight, and outside. my friend also saw him, and i knew he was not lying, becuase he described the hat it had on even before i said it had a hat (fedora)

yea, its possible, that MOST of them can be caused by SP, but im sure you have all hear me telling about my encounter, its on another thread about shadow people, forgot the name of the thread, i saw one in broad daylight, and outside. my friend also saw him, and i knew he was not lying, becuase he described the hat it had on even before i said it had a hat (fedora)

.....I know bro.....I know! :hmm:..... ALOT of people describe that.... I understand your frustration TRUST ME!.....B

linked-imagelinked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

.....I know bro.....I know! :hmm:..... ALOT of people describe that.... I understand your frustration TRUST ME!.....B

linked-imagelinked-image

have you ever seen one, one of those with the fedora?

nope...mine was of the hooded variety. BUT I have read tons of accounts of others(like yourself)who have.....I may have a picture of one(hatboy) from a past adventure though...(looking)....B

halfhandshuffle:sepultura-refuse/resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHGlGWEKkhI...ted&search=

Edited by Barek Halfhand

nope...mine was of the hooded variety. BUT I have read tons of accounts of others(like yourself)who have.....I may have a picture of one(hatboy) from a past adventure though...(looking)....B

hafhandshuffle:sepultura-refuse/resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHGlGWEKkhI...ted&search=

never seen one with a hood. i didnt even know that some of them had hood, but now that i think about it, i have heard about cloaked ones every once and a while

Well funny thing. I wrote to mothman.us saying about how there was a relation between Men in Black, Greys, and Mothman of UFO culture to the Hat-Man, the Hooded Figure, and the occasionally seen 4" shadow person with a bulbuos head, as seen in the picutre taken from wiki in barek's response. So I've come to two thoughts, mind you they are just thoughts, so I'm not literally saying, "this is it."

The first hypothesis is that Shadow People are just ghosts, but as barek had mentioned, dreams broadcast a certain flavour of electromagnetic waves. There are stages of dreaming, which one comes to interest in this situation: Hypnagogia. This is the stage in dreaming which is between actually having a dream and actually in waking life. Elements from both will be mixed. So you may see your TV, but the picture would be distorted or some random type of psycadelic effect or so. This stage is usually accompanied by Sleep Paralysis, so as you can see, this is when we say we could be seeing shadow people at our beds, yet we are really experiencing a version of sleep paralysis.

However, since we are able to broadcast our "dream-waves" during this time, is it not possible that in this stage where we are semi-concious that we are able to also pick up other signals that we could not before? Perhaps this is why we see shadow people, and perhaps they are just an entity such as a ghost, that we can't see, but in this stage can pick up a portion of the wave that it is transmitting, the reason for it being black is that it is transmitting waves way down there in the infared section of the EM scale, maybe even as low as long wave.

The next hypothesis would suggest that Shadow People, because of their appearance during night, in the bedroom, usually observing us, or reading books seems strange. It would seem that they are observing us. Many Men in Black reports have these men or sometimes women, immitating what we do, as if they are not human and trying to act like we are. If the two are related, that the Hat-Man is actually a Man in Black, the Hooded-Figure is actually Mothman, and that the 4" character is actually a grey, that they are using some type of technology to allow themselves to be invisible from our visual spectrum, and that when we see them as shadow people, their cover is just blown? Could this be why they flee the scene after being caught, usually be paralyzing their victum?

Anything can happen.

Well funny thing. I wrote to mothman.us saying about how there was a relation between Men in Black, Greys, and Mothman of UFO culture to the Hat-Man, the Hooded Figure, and the occasionally seen 4" shadow person with a bulbuos head, as seen in the picutre taken from wiki in barek's response. So I've come to two thoughts, mind you they are just thoughts, so I'm not literally saying, "this is it."

The first hypothesis is that Shadow People are just ghosts, but as barek had mentioned, dreams broadcast a certain flavour of electromagnetic waves. There are stages of dreaming, which one comes to interest in this situation: Hypnagogia. This is the stage in dreaming which is between actually having a dream and actually in waking life. Elements from both will be mixed. So you may see your TV, but the picture would be distorted or some random type of psycadelic effect or so. This stage is usually accompanied by Sleep Paralysis, so as you can see, this is when we say we could be seeing shadow people at our beds, yet we are really experiencing a version of sleep paralysis.

However, since we are able to broadcast our "dream-waves" during this time, is it not possible that in this stage where we are semi-concious that we are able to also pick up other signals that we could not before? Perhaps this is why we see shadow people, and perhaps they are just an entity such as a ghost, that we can't see, but in this stage can pick up a portion of the wave that it is transmitting, the reason for it being black is that it is transmitting waves way down there in the infared section of the EM scale, maybe even as low as long wave.

The next hypothesis would suggest that Shadow People, because of their appearance during night, in the bedroom, usually observing us, or reading books seems strange. It would seem that they are observing us. Many Men in Black reports have these men or sometimes women, immitating what we do, as if they are not human and trying to act like we are. If the two are related, that the Hat-Man is actually a Man in Black, the Hooded-Figure is actually Mothman, and that the 4" character is actually a grey, that they are using some type of technology to allow themselves to be invisible from our visual spectrum, and that when we see them as shadow people, their cover is just blown? Could this be why they flee the scene after being caught, usually be paralyzing their victum?

Anything can happen.

interesting theory. i dont dont think that they are connected. i dont see how aliens and a cryptozooligic creature such as the moth man are related. moth man is just like bigfoot, we dont know if it exist, but there has been sighting. and men in black i can see related to aliens. but i dont see how they all relate to each other. i think that shadow people are their own personal thing. because i saw one, a shadow person, i know it for sure, with the hat on, which conflicts with others. i saw it in broad daylight, outside, and had a witness. my friend saw it. i know he saw it, he knows he saw it. he saw it right next to me, i saw it right next to me, we both saw the exact same thing. he knew what it looked like. all i said to him was that i saw a shadow next to me, and instantly he said that he saw it, and he said that it had a hat on, and was right next to me. he could not have known it had a hat on if he was lying. i was not dreaming, and that was not an episode of SP. that pretty much leads me to believe that these things are real. but i dont think they are in any way related to aliens, or men in black, or mothmen

Anything can happen.

Very good..I am not sure, because as I have said I have seen just about everything out there, but never a shadow person. I believe there are spirits that just walk the Earth and go about their business, whatever that is. Yet I also attribute most to Sleep Paralysis. I believe that spirits are everywhere and have seen them on Video but never on a photo per say. There are accounts from folks on here and other forums who have been pushed and tripped by these so called shadow people, or are they just dark malevolant spirits? My mind is open but I truly have no clue exactly what they are or what they want. I guess someday when we pass over, we will find out, I think. :unsure2:

Anything can happen.

a wavelength all its own, new studies have shown.....and it also fits the definition of a "light-trance" medium right?......B

halfhandshuffle:technotronic Get Up

Edited by Barek Halfhand

interesting theory. i dont dont think that they are connected. i dont see how aliens and a cryptozooligic creature such as the moth man are related. moth man is just like bigfoot, we dont know if it exist, but there has been sighting. and men in black i can see related to aliens. but i dont see how they all relate to each other. i think that shadow people are their own personal thing. because i saw one, a shadow person, i know it for sure, with the hat on, which conflicts with others. i saw it in broad daylight, outside, and had a witness. my friend saw it. i know he saw it, he knows he saw it. he saw it right next to me, i saw it right next to me, we both saw the exact same thing. he knew what it looked like. all i said to him was that i saw a shadow next to me, and instantly he said that he saw it, and he said that it had a hat on, and was right next to me. he could not have known it had a hat on if he was lying. i was not dreaming, and that was not an episode of SP. that pretty much leads me to believe that these things are real. but i dont think they are in any way related to aliens, or men in black, or mothmen

The Mothman Prophesies by John A. Keel.

a wavelength all its own, new studies have shown.....and it also fits the definition of a "light-trance" medium right?......B

halfhandshuffle:technotronic Get Up

As you'll probably guess, wiki doesn't help much on light-trance. I've never heard of it before, but can you explain what it is?

The Fedora style of shadow is a very classic (most often reported) shadow encounter.

Interestingly, that also fits very well the description of the "Men In Black" (not the movie!) description too. People have wondered if the two are related. :unsure2:

The Fedora style of shadow is a very classic (most often reported) shadow encounter.

Interestingly, that also fits very well the description of the "Men In Black" (not the movie!) description too. People have wondered if the two are related. :unsure2:

That is just weird..Here is your protection for you next ghost hunt..Keep this with you at all times.. :passifier:

As you'll probably guess, wiki doesn't help much on light-trance. I've never heard of it before, but can you explain what it is?
I love to share :) .....B

http://www.fst.org/trance.htm

Trance mediumship or channeling, like so many other forms of spirit communication, is very much misunderstood. In recent years, a number of mediums have called themselves "trance" channels, when, in fact, they were not working in a genuine trance condition. This has been a source of great confusion for many people.

When spirit links with a medium, the spirit communicator exerts various degrees of control, or overshadows the consciousness of the medium to a greater or lesser degree. This varies, depending upon the intent and conditions of communication, as well as the ability of the medium to lend himself or herself to be overshadowed or controlled.

Trance is considered the strongest degree of control. Yet, even here, there are various degrees of trance control: from light trance to very deep trance. Deep trance is used primarily in physical mediumship.

There are many factors which indicate genuine trance control, and parapsychologists have used various tests to determine whether, in fact, a medium is under trance control; and, if so, to what degree.

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Okay, so I'm gonna use your list as a guide first, then tell you the story incase you've lost or gained interest.

1. Was it during night? - Yes

2. Identify the figure? - It was some person.. I don't know who

3. What was it's movement patterns? - Very.. well.. insane, you know, like something you'd see a monkey do except with human qualaties.. it moved very viciously

4. Were you able to feel it? No, it didn't get close enough

5. Were you paralyzed or not feeling normal in anyway? - I was too scared to move, my breath was short and I felt very much like I was going to die

6. Did you feel in danger? - Yes

7. How did it appear/disappear? - It walked in from the other room

8. Have you tried to communicate? - Psh, yeah right :P

9. Was it while you were about to sleep, woken up from sleep? - I was just lieing in bed

10. Has it ever been outside of your bedroom? Yes

11. Could you identify any non-human abilities? - Not really

12. Can you compare it to any other paranormal beings? - None...

13. Was this your sole paranormal account? I've encountered this specific creature on several occasions, but aside from it I've been visited by my dead cat for the past ten years and I've been chased by some kind of smoky dog once or twice.

And now, onto the first time I ever encountered it...

Okay, so here's the setting. I'm in my bedroom, in my bed, nice and warm beneath my heavy sleeping bag. It was around mid-December, so it was pretty cold, and I had no heat, so yeah, pretty damn cold and the frost that covered my windows only made the room all the more darker. My room, has no door, and I can look right into the bathroom (across the hall) from my bed (Right below the windows on the farside of my room.) There was a small tiny bit of light that illuminated the hall only slightly, so I could define things in it if I tried to. Everyone asleep.

So there I am, laying in my bed trying to sleep. I'd say the time was around midnight, so I'd have been tossing and turning for another hour before sleep anyway. So I look over, towards the bathroom, which has an open door so I can see into it and clearly define all objects in there. Suddenly I notice slight movement. The shower curtain slowly folding towards the right. At first I'm thinking "Meh, the window must be open and the wind is blowing it." but the shower curtain starts folding more and more until it finally slides and I can't see the window, I see darkness. A darkness more dark then the rest of the dark, it looks like a blotch of black that out-blacks the rest of it.

The darkness gets closer, though still in the bathroom. And as it moves the moonlight from the window outside illuminates the bathroom enough that I can tell the thing moving is a humanoid form. I could also tell that it had long, waist-length hair that moved wildly as the form did. The room gets colder, I can see my breath forming tiny clouds infront of me. I feel myself breathing faster, taking in less air, I feel a bead of sweat trickled down from my forehead. I feel an overwhelming sensation of "Tonight I die..." and the creature still walks slowly closer, very slowly, small small baby steps.

Suddenly, it stops moving about at the doorway to the bathroom. It stares at me, eyeless face staring at me. Suddenly it starts making random movements and very quickly too. THe kind of movements of an angered person, someone enraged by something. It makes no noise, I'm sure, but in my mind I swore I could hear it shout and scream frightfully. Maybe that was just my scared, maybe, I don't know. But it starts slamming its fists into the wall, jumping up and down, making threatening gestures towards me. It's hair whips around wildly. Suddenly it lunges at me, though it's still at the bathroom door, across the hall, it looks as though the evil thing will leap into my throat.

Suddenly it stops. It stops at the unblocked doorway to my room. It looks around, as if it's confused, then it stands straight and proper, like an English Gentlemen, and promptly fades away.

I have seen the same Shadow Person at least eight times in the past three years, sometimes he comes from different rooms like the Living Room or the other side of the house, both connected by the hallway. However, he never seems to be able to enter my room...

Okay, so I'm gonna use your list as a guide first, then tell you the story incase you've lost or gained interest.

1. Was it during night? - Yes

2. Identify the figure? - It was some person.. I don't know who

3. What was it's movement patterns? - Very.. well.. insane, you know, like something you'd see a monkey do except with human qualaties.. it moved very viciously

4. Were you able to feel it? No, it didn't get close enough

5. Were you paralyzed or not feeling normal in anyway? - I was too scared to move, my breath was short and I felt very much like I was going to die

6. Did you feel in danger? - Yes

7. How did it appear/disappear? - It walked in from the other room

8. Have you tried to communicate? - Psh, yeah right :P

9. Was it while you were about to sleep, woken up from sleep? - I was just lieing in bed

10. Has it ever been outside of your bedroom? Yes

11. Could you identify any non-human abilities? - Not really

12. Can you compare it to any other paranormal beings? - None...

13. Was this your sole paranormal account? I've encountered this specific creature on several occasions, but aside from it I've been visited by my dead cat for the past ten years and I've been chased by some kind of smoky dog once or twice.

And now, onto the first time I ever encountered it...

Okay, so here's the setting. I'm in my bedroom, in my bed, nice and warm beneath my heavy sleeping bag. It was around mid-December, so it was pretty cold, and I had no heat, so yeah, pretty damn cold and the frost that covered my windows only made the room all the more darker. My room, has no door, and I can look right into the bathroom (across the hall) from my bed (Right below the windows on the farside of my room.) There was a small tiny bit of light that illuminated the hall only slightly, so I could define things in it if I tried to. Everyone asleep.

So there I am, laying in my bed trying to sleep. I'd say the time was around midnight, so I'd have been tossing and turning for another hour before sleep anyway. So I look over, towards the bathroom, which has an open door so I can see into it and clearly define all objects in there. Suddenly I notice slight movement. The shower curtain slowly folding towards the right. At first I'm thinking "Meh, the window must be open and the wind is blowing it." but the shower curtain starts folding more and more until it finally slides and I can't see the window, I see darkness. A darkness more dark then the rest of the dark, it looks like a blotch of black that out-blacks the rest of it.

The darkness gets closer, though still in the bathroom. And as it moves the moonlight from the window outside illuminates the bathroom enough that I can tell the thing moving is a humanoid form. I could also tell that it had long, waist-length hair that moved wildly as the form did. The room gets colder, I can see my breath forming tiny clouds infront of me. I feel myself breathing faster, taking in less air, I feel a bead of sweat trickled down from my forehead. I feel an overwhelming sensation of "Tonight I die..." and the creature still walks slowly closer, very slowly, small small baby steps.

Suddenly, it stops moving about at the doorway to the bathroom. It stares at me, eyeless face staring at me. Suddenly it starts making random movements and very quickly too. THe kind of movements of an angered person, someone enraged by something. It makes no noise, I'm sure, but in my mind I swore I could hear it shout and scream frightfully. Maybe that was just my scared, maybe, I don't know. But it starts slamming its fists into the wall, jumping up and down, making threatening gestures towards me. It's hair whips around wildly. Suddenly it lunges at me, though it's still at the bathroom door, across the hall, it looks as though the evil thing will leap into my throat.

Suddenly it stops. It stops at the unblocked doorway to my room. It looks around, as if it's confused, then it stands straight and proper, like an English Gentlemen, and promptly fades away.

I have seen the same Shadow Person at least eight times in the past three years, sometimes he comes from different rooms like the Living Room or the other side of the house, both connected by the hallway. However, he never seems to be able to enter my room...

Thank you for finally giving an actual reply to my thread. This is the most detailed account I've come across on this forum, and you tell it like such a great story too. I just want to ask some questions. First, has it always appeared violent or enraged, or has it ever been able to just walk normally? What I'm asking is, do you feel that it only became aggressive because it knew that you had seen it? The second is, you mention that this has happened eight times, has it always just appeared and disappeared? One last question is that I'm assuming that it will always come from an enclosed place, a closet, the shower stall, a small room, some place with a closed door. When you see it gain entrance from the enclosed space, by openning the door or shower curtain that it physically does it, or that it simply just opens without the thing having to open? One final thing, do you think that it tries to sneak around or that it's vulnerable?

It appeared violently the first couple times it appeared, but after a while I think it gave up since it couldn't get into my room for some reason. Now it usually just walks up to the doorway and stares at me for a few minutes.

I'm not sure why it became agressive, maybe it's just an angry Shadow Person?

Usually I don't see him fade into existence, he usually just walks into my line of vision and watches me or tries to attack me. And he doesn't always fade out either, though he does that more often, sometimes he'll just walk away into a different room, but I'm not going to follow him to see where he goes :P

Well, it also comes in from the side (I'll draw an MSPaint pic to show you the layout later, I actually have to go in a minute.) Which leads to two other bedrooms and the living room. The hall closet is usually left open, so it saves him the trouble, but when he comes from the shower I think he opens it himself, it's just so dark his hand blends in with all the shadows at first because it's such a small piece of him.

I've never really thought about it... I suppose that since nobody else in my family has seen it, it does sneak around...

Well then there are two possibilities. Either that the thing is a ghost. It cannot enter your room yet wishes to because it has an emotional tie to it and the reason that it cannot enter is that something had happened when it used to live in your home and it is not able to enter the room because of certain circumstances of that event. Otherwise, I can see that it may be some sort of religious belief that stops it from entering your room. If you've seen the Skeleton Key, certain voodoo believers feel that brick dust will stop an enemy from entering that area it blocks. Perhaps it believes in this religion or another religion where this rule applies and that some sort of chemical or substance in your door way or in your wall stops it from entering.

If this problem is persistant, and if you have a camera, would you mind sharing footage with us? I mentioned before one that records temperature or in infared or a low EM wave would be preferable but expensive, so it's your choice.

I'll see if I can take a still picture, but I don't have all that fancy temp. stuff and I'm moving in a week or two x.X

Guess we'll just have to hope he tries one last time... or follows me O_O

^_^ Isn't it ironic? ....B

linked-image

:o WELL let me run for my notes....

Here's an idea; why not search keywords: "shadow entities" and/or "SP" via the site search engine and see what you find....this may come as a shock, but this has been and ongoing topic LONG before you OR I joined the forum....just a suggestion :) ...

Thank you for finally giving an actual reply to my thread. This is the most detailed account I've come across on this forum, and you tell it like such a great story too. I just want to ask some questions. First, has it always appeared violent or enraged, or has it ever been able to just walk normally? What I'm asking is, do you feel that it only became aggressive because it knew that you had seen it? The second is, you mention that this has happened eight times, has it always just appeared and disappeared? One last question is that I'm assuming that it will always come from an enclosed place, a closet, the shower stall, a small room, some place with a closed door. When you see it gain entrance from the enclosed space, by openning the door or shower curtain that it physically does it, or that it simply just opens without the thing having to open? One final thing, do you think that it tries to sneak around or that it's vulnerable?

^_^ Isn't it ironic? ....B

linked-image

lol sorry, I didn't mean forum, I meant thread, my bad, I always get these technical terms a little bit confused, hope that clears up that little offense Barek.