Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Homer Simpson prompts pagan backlash

UM-Bot

user posted image rA giant outline of Homer Simpson brandishing a doughnut was enough to make even pagans go "D'oh". Painted opposite famous fertility symbol, the Cerne Abbas giant, the idea had been to plug the new Simpsons movie due out later this month.

But instead the image has incited the wrath of British pagans who have now pledged to perform "rain magic" to rid their sacred site of its unwelcome guest.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Mail

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Briggles

• Raptor

• Since804

• Athena22

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the image has incited the wrath of British pagans who have now pledged to perform "rain magic"

HAHAHA! There wrath, Rain magic HAHAHA - don't p*** these guys off, they just don't know when to stop! If they are thinking of passing all this rain we have had recently as there Wrath i'm going to pimp slap the next pagan i see with my hoe slapping hand.

The 17th century chalk outline of the naked, sexually aroused, club-wielding giant

i thought it was 1000's of years old - not just a few 100 - now its just compleatly pointless. I wonder why they guys in the 17th century didn't get the thunder off the church for making it?

Edited by Q-Ball

its good to see aliens finally rethought their communication methods, nazca lines and crop circles were givin me a headache :P

That's awesome! Homer holding up a doughnut in all his glory :lol:

Watch out Homer! Those Pagans'll getcha! ;)

Shame the simpsons suck more than a dyson hoover...

has it rained on it Yet?

If it hasn't it must be the only place in the UK that its not.

Shame the simpsons suck more than a dyson hoover...

I'm in shock "the Simpson's suck" thats sheer blasphemy!...repent my child before the god almighty Homer strikes down on you with one of his holy bowling ball's! :P

That is at the nazca lines isn't it? I'm not too bright when comes to geography, :P Oh well it's not likes permanent or anything but that would be cool if they did use rock like the others and made it permemant. I guess this proves wnyone can create an image on the ground and it doesn't take aliens to do so. So the nazca lines could have been by people, wow, what a concept no one ever thought of that before. :P

I'm in shock "the Simpson's suck" thats sheer blasphemy!...repent my child before the god almighty Homer strikes down on you with one of his holy bowling ball's! :P

Sad thing is.. I agree. Simpsons do indeed suck. I mean GAH! they were funny in like the first two seasons... now it's just old. Kinda like Shaggy and his Scoobie snacks.

Ooooooh I just know I'm going to a dark place for that one.

the Simpson's shall redeem themselves when the movie is released.. i hope it's just a shame when a quality t.v show starts to slip and become slightly embarrassing to watch

As a Pagan, which is as real a faith as any other, I find this highly offensive. This is a sacred sight depicting a tumescent Herkales type God figure. Would there not be an outcry if we slipped Calvin Klein underwear on a dipiction of a crucified Jesus or placed an advert on the Wailing Wall?

As a lover of ancient archeological sights in general I am offended and appalled that Britain's Heritage group would allow this treasure to be pimped out to the Fox Corporation. Shame on them!

Weather magick isn't 100% and it is dicey at best to immeadiately resort to ritual to solve a problem. If the Homer is so easily removed I suggest a large gathering of people with buckets of water.

For the record I enjoy the Simpsons. I don't mind a joke about Xtianity OR Paganism on the show but to actually desecrate the area is going too far.

Cheers,

RWB64

As a pagan myself..

I teehee'd =(

The image has incited the wrath of British pagans who have now pledged to perform "rain magic"

Haha, those crazy Pagans. Wouldn't want to tread on their toes.

Saying that, I suppose I should be thankful they're not threatening to commit mass murder whilst burning down embassies because of an image insulting a particular religion.

Edited by Raptor X7

That is at the nazca lines isn't it? I'm not too bright when comes to geography, :P Oh well it's not likes permanent or anything but that would be cool if they did use rock like the others and made it permemant. I guess this proves wnyone can create an image on the ground and it doesn't take aliens to do so. So the nazca lines could have been by people, wow, what a concept no one ever thought of that before. :P

on a serious note, i dont think this even begins to compare to the scale of the nazca lines, not to mention they had no way to get an aerial view, at least not that we're aware of or can prove(ufos) of their art to know how it turned out

oh PAGAN's...COME ON NOW! Lighten up.

It is not permanent. ALTHOUGH IT SHOULD BE!

The funny thing is Homer Simpon has made a biggger "spash" on the pages of history than the Cerne Giant! Homer will probably be MORE famous and remembered then the GIANT. They should make it permanent. HOMER HAS EARNED IT!

T$

post-42886-1184787076_thumb.jpg

That Is AWSOME

like other religions -------- no sence of humor

Homer: "You know, the one with all the well meaning rules that don't work out in real life, uh, Christianity"

I'm atheist and even i can see how offensive this is. it would be like slapping an advertisement billboard on a the front of a church! i think the pagans have every right to be offended! :angry2:

Well, I know one thing, crop circles are NOT the work of aliens.

The article states similiar things have been done in the past to promote sales of an item within that area (think it said condems and jeans among other things).

It seems the issue stems from well before the Homer image was placed there. If a religous group is upset, it should be with those that own the land and allow such things to be done--not with the advertising companies.

I believe there were a few crop circles done by UFO's but they were just passing through and haven't been back since. Since then it has been people faking them for fun.

Holy cow! Rain magic!

I would think "bulldozer magic" would be more effective.