Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Song-

Great Big Sea

I love Country Western music (have been for eight or so years- maybe more) But I love this song and it's message, and I thought what do you think of it? Do you think God really thinks this is true? And do you think we really are ignorant? I would love your imput and love to hear what you think of the song. Do you think it's about 9/11 or life in general?

-Cuda

Happy Holidays! original.gif

Hey, this is God,

Could I please have your attention?

There's a need for intervention,

Yeah, an' I'm disappointed in what I'm seein'.

Yeah, this is God:

You fight each other in my name.

Treat life like it's a foolish game.

Well, I say, you've got the wrong idea.

Oh, all I'm asking for is love.

Well, I've seen you hurt yourselves enough.

Oh, I been waitin' on a change in you.

Yeah, this is God:

I've given everything to you.

Whoa, but look at what you do,

To the world that I created.

This is God:

And what's with this attitude and hate?

You've grow more ignorant with age.

You had agreed: now look at all you've wasted.

Well, I've seen you hurt yourselves enough.

I know your every card,

Your heart and soul and every move.

There are so many consequences to the things you do.

Haven't you hurt yourselves enough?

A change in you. 

Oh, this is God

Sung and written By: Phil Vassar

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Great Big Sea

• man_in_mudboots

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Cuda!!

Country artist seem to be the only entertainers that still include God in their songs and lyrics ... (and not all of them do).

I love this song too! It gets a great message across and is a real eye opener!!! I hope the Country Artist that do keep God in their songs don't change just because in this day and age it's not the "IN" thing to do!

I have so much respect for artist like, Phill Vasser, Clay Walker, Tracy Byrd, Mark Wills, Vince Gill, Billy Dean, Diamond Rio, Garth Brooks just to name a few! They keep God alive in their music.

On a political note I also like Toby Keith's songs... he says everything just the I like it .. "They Way It Is"... not sugar coated.... just says the truth!!

On another note... I can't stand the Dixie Chicks!!!! I have forever banned them... When they are played on the radio.. I turn the channel... they make me sick!!! (and YES... it's because of the statement they made about President Bush)!!! It's just shows their stupidity and what little respect they have for our Country!!!

On another note... I can't stand the Dixie Chicks!!!! I have forever banned them... When they are played on the radio.. I turn the channel... they make me sick!!! (and YES... it's because of the statement they made about President Bush)!!! It's just shows their stupidity and what little respect they have for our Country!!!

That's a fairly harsh judgement, don't you think Nxt2Hvn? Do you consider disrespect to the President the same as disrespect to the country?

That's a fairly harsh judgement, don't you think Nxt2Hvn? Do you consider disrespect to the President the same as disrespect to the country?

Harsh as it may sound... oh well...call it what you willl!

Yes I do think that disrespecting the President is the same as Disrespecting the Country!

It kills me people are always ready to attack President Bush.... he is doing a great job in my opinion... he did (and does) what has to be done. He has a lot of back bone... it was about time we stopped threatening to take Saddam out of power and finally got the Job Done! Everybody wants an instant fix ... well you know life just doesn't work that way...

People (in my opinion of course) that criticize the President just show how unintelligent they really are. They are on the outside looking in... we (the U.S. citizens)... don't really know all that is going on. And I guarantee you that the people that are doing the criticizing couldn't do the Presidents job any better - - People need to just let him do his job!

And back to the harshness... and the Dixie ****s... I mean Chicks.... I have been know to be harsh, blunt, rude, opinionated.. etc.... But like I have said.. I'm not picky... I'll offend anyone! wink2.gif

Thanks for letting me vent once again Aslan!!! thumbsup.gif

And do you think we really are ignorant?

Umm...yeah. I think that's what I'll go with, lol. There are plenty of nice/smart/peace-loving people out there, just not enough of them. In my opinion, the bad outweigh the good.

Yes I do think that disrespecting the President is the same as Disrespecting the Country!

Just a question here. You say that disrespecting the president is the same as disrespecting the country. So, with that point of view, wouldn't disrespecting the Dixie Chicks be dispespecting country music?

Of course, Dixie Chicks aren't the president of anything. blink.gif

I have been know to be harsh, blunt, rude, opinionated.. etc.... But like I have said.. I'm not picky... I'll offend anyone! 

Ha, there's something we have in common. I just do it more when I'm offline. thumbsup.gif

Cya!

I have been know to be harsh, blunt, rude, opinionated.. etc.... But like I have said.. I'm not picky... I'll offend anyone! 

Ha, there's something we have in common. I just do it more when I'm offline. thumbsup.gif

Cya!

Just a question here. You say that disrespecting the president is the same as disrespecting the country. So, with that point of view, wouldn't disrespecting the Dixie Chicks be dispespecting country music?

You said it yourself... they aren't the President of anything... an they don't represent anything... they are just entetainers .. just like any other entertainer... they come and go a dime a dozen! So to answer your question..... uh... NO.. It's not the same thing! cool.gif (lets keep the apples with the apples and the oranges with the oranges here please rolleyes.gif )

AND

Ha, there's something we have in common. I just do it more when I'm offline.

All I have to say is YOU NEED TO TOUGHTN UPand GET WITH THE PROGRAM ... NO NEED TO BE SHY HERE!! thumbsup.gif

All I have to say is YOU NEED TO TOUGHTN UPand GET WITH THE PROGRAM ... NO NEED TO BE SHY HERE!! thumbsup.gif

It has nothing to do with being shy. wink2.gif I think I'm doing pretty good, most people would be "shy" in real life. On here, I just don't get into as many fights because most people on here have sense.

And when I say most, it's not an insult to you. I'm actually saying that most people on here have sense. grin2.gif

Cya!

• 1 month later...

CUDA - when was it played?

NXT2HVN - some of the dixie chicks music is great, some is crap, and i love bush.

any country music that was made after the 70's doesnt deserve the name of country. "progressive" country is mostly just soft rock rejects playing their rejected soft rock songs. its truly not country, except for a few bands/songs.