Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Weapon can shoot round corners

PurpleStuart

A new weapons system that allows soldiers to fire guns round corners has been unveiled in Israel.

The Corner Shot device can be used with any handgun and enables the user to shoot with maximum accuracy while keeping out of the line of fire.

Click here for full article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Cufflink

• Nxt2Hvn

• Scorpius

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey! I'd heard this was in development, but I didn't know it was now in use.

The Germans had a similar system, near the end of World War 2, that fitted to their MP44 assault rifles. It was called a Krummlauf attachment(hope I spelt that correctly). With the aid of a chunky periscope sight, the user could fire at angles of between 30-90 degrees.

That can be a good think... or it can be a bad thing, that is - if it gets into the wrong hands.

Very interesting! wink2.gif

At first i thought it was a bullet or the projectile from the gun that could fly around corners, i didn't expect it to be so "simple" as to build a bendable gun.

Think my imagination got to me, but hey if there is such a gun that could cause a bullet to swirve around corners, I wann see that! thumbsup.gif

Hopefully not from the business end!

I predict this will fall into the wrong hands . ph34r.gif

Not such a tough prediction. Most weaponry, especially small arms, can find it's way into the wrong hands. IRA terrorists in Ulster have used US special forces rifles to murder security forces. This kind of thing goes on all the time. Fifteen governments have ordered this system. That's fifteen sources from which the weaponry could go astray.

Having said that, a gun's a gun. It's the calibre of the soldier carrying the fire arm that counts, not the calibre of the weapon.

oh boy. The NRA gun show rednecks are gonna have a field day with this one..

Charlton Heston? You were better off as Ben-hur.

oh boy. The NRA gun show rednecks are gonna have a field day with this one..

and the drug addled pacifists are going to have a field day dodging taxes whilst writing bad poetry about how guns are evil:)