Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Warfare

WalkingWithFire

what i'm interested in is this:

if there is spiritual warfare, how many sides do you think there would be in it? why only two?

why would demons follow satan, angels god?

are there no other entities? wouldn't it be logically that entities had their own interest in this war, aside from serving

there were other gods worshiped before, who can say that they aren't in war?

mind you people, i'm saying IF there is war. no need for someone saying that i read fantasy genre too much. ;)

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• WalkingWithFire

• TheKnight

• Sherapy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if there is spiritual warfare, how many sides do you think there would be in it? why only two?

are there no other entities? wouldn't it be logically that entities had their own interest in this war, aside from serving

mind you people, i'm saying IF there is war. no need for someone saying that i read fantasy genre too much. ;)

In the Christian way of looking at spiritual warfare, there are only two sides because there is God's side, and then everything else which many attribute to Satan. The reason they are attributed to Satan is because the Bible states that Satan and his angels have power over this world and are the rulers of it.

"them" or "us".

Well, that simplifies things don't it.

Why is it when people speak of God it becomes a big debate?

Fellings get push and pulled around?

I wanted to post something here, but I feel there's to much heat in this kitchen for me..

Tarot

It's all good.

Why is it when people speak of God it becomes a big debate?

Fellings get push and pulled around?

I wanted to post something here, but I feel there's to much heat in this kitchen for me..

Tarot

It's all good.

Wise is the person who can tell when the kitchen is too hot. I applaud you. :clap::DB)

The term "spiritual warefare" is predominantly a christian one garnered usually from Ephesians 6:10-18. There have been many books written on the subject also. Just google the term tied to books and you will see what I mean. So there is a christian theological base for it, if you really wanted to study the topic. Getting answers here is a difficult task because almost every thread always boils down to theist Vs. atheist rather than engaging the topic.

The term "spiritual warefare" is predominantly a christian one garnered usually from Ephesians 6:10-18. There have been many books written on the subject also. Just google the term tied to books and you will see what I mean. So there is a christian theological base for it, if you really wanted to study the topic. Getting answers here is a difficult task because almost every thread always boils down to theist Vs. atheist rather than engaging the topic.

The topic is probably more significant for people who have faced it head on. I have in my life and it was very traumatic. Jesus Christ rescued me from my experience. There is no other name more powerful.

The idea of spiritual warfare between Gods in the Abrahamic religions comes from Zoroastrianism.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/zoroastr.htm

Maybe there is no war between Gods maybe it is us projecting our own war like behavior to our Gods. Maybe Satan and God actually get a long quite will. Maybe they are just having a friendly poker game over the souls of man.

Its ok Sunni...you posted up your story..and in a way, its a lil weight off your chest, to be able to talk about it...

Do you think that God let your mom get cancer as a way to escape the demons?? due to the torment she may well have suffered and wanted a way to escape them?? just a thought...cuz im trying to understand this

I may NOT believe in demons...but i read your story and it was powerful and a lil freaky how your father died so soon after your mom, complaining of attacks......i guess some see it as the unexplained - hence this forums name

But it can make you think what if??

What if demons only preyed on the most Vulnerable of minds?? What IF..they took advantage of those who have a mental illness and see it as an easy way inside the person??

above is just a WHAT IF situation...cuz life is full of what if's?

Ever see the movie - The Enitity?? a movie that is based on a true story.........tag line - There is no escape from something you cannot see

Its about a woman - Carol..who is attacked by some evil demon..who never leaves her alone...........he rapes her several times and attacks her over and over

Many holy men have tried so hard to drive the demon away from her.........but they all FAIL to do this. In fact, the demon stays with her.......even when she moved home away from there, the demon followed her to her new home

it is said that the attacks went on for years afterwards but now have stopped...i guess if it was real..then....the demon just got tired of it...

It makes you think.........if a demon is evil and goes against God..and is powerful enough to possess you and take over your body and mind............then no holy man alive can drive it out.....if its against God, its NOT going to listen to some holy joe....just like the demon in that movie..it didnt leave, it followed her!!!!

You have some very good questions, and you're being fair enough. The truth, is I don't understand what happened, or why it happened that way. That's the God's honest truth.

My mother wasn't right.. As I have said here before, she attempted to kill us three, and her self when we were younger. She went to prison for that. When she got out, she stayed with me, I supported her, when everyone else turned their back (and who can blame them).. She lived with me for a while. Until I couldn't handle her evil manipulating ways any longer... My mother was very cruel. Very cruel. I can't get this across to it's extent.... I really wanted my mother's approval, and I wanted her love. But, I came to understand she didn't know how to show love. She didn't have anyone to love her growing up, and it's taught behavior.

<sigh>

I can't say about the cancer, Geri... I don't know.

What I do know, is right before her death, she saw something and fought this with every bit of strength she had. I knew my mother better than anyone.. I even knew what she was thinking, how she thought... this woman was in real fear.

During this episode I felt like going to my knees (as matter fact we all felt this way).. something you couldn't help but feel. I prayed during this time she was *fighting* before her death. It's so intense for me to talk about, but I'll tell you we felt a presence in the room. I never prayed so hard in my entire life for the protection of my mother. I still love my mother, despite all the heartache and pain she caused us.

I know that when I die, she'll be the first I'll see, along with my daddy in perfect beautiful form, healthy spirits.

I've heard about "the entity." About this lady's attacks..

I DO NOT believe that the mentally challenged is demon possessed... I don't know who said that, but it's extremely offensive...

I believe* some times when someone MAY be influenced by demonic force they *may* have delusions, for example, another personality develops, and it's confused with the mentally ill ... but this DOES NOT MEAN that the mentally Ill is possessed, for God sakes! ... I find that insulting to the bone.. some one extremely close to me is autistic... I despise that anyone would think, much less, say such a thing.... & and definitely not true.

Again, this is personal belief, but if someone is right and strong with the Lord, they intimidate the enemy. When their heart is right, they will have much more greater chance in helping someone under demonic influence than just anyone who claims "holy." Make sense?

Edited by Sunni

I don't believe in this war to deceive humanity. Humanity is already deceived, and has been for a very long time. If mankind would learn to use their brains and distance themselves from superstition perhaps the mist would clear and we could actually get somewhere.

Very good point ,I think the war we may be facing is by organised religions fighting and bickering between each other about who is right(with everybody else stuck in the middle).

Someone once likened it to schoolchildren arguing about who had the best imaginary friend.

As for reliance on superstition,the sooner we ween ourselves of that one the better.

Cheers Karl

My mom was also mentally ill (anxiety disorders-depression-light neurosis-passive agressive )and had an accident in my house from an overdose of alcohol and pills.

She was in coma for 1 month and semi -vegetative for 3.

Neurologists said she was probably fully aware and could not move her body in any way except her head and feet."locked in syndrome". This still haunts me and horrifies me and I am physically sick ever since this happened. I am sad but glad she passed because I can't stand the thought of her being locked in her body as if in a coffin. (nor anyone I don't care who they are)

She could not talk or swallow anymore. i never knew what she felt or wanted to say in the end and if she truly was comprehending what I was saying to her.

Eventually she died of staus epelepticus then ammonia.

She has been dead 1 1/2 years and I still cry everyday when i am alone.

i think she thinks I really never really loved her beacuse she did not know how to be a real mom when we were young.

And she probably died thinking this and that is what makes me literallty "ill" with sadness. i told her i did but she didn't believe me -at the same time I critisized her alot and then would cater her to her out of guilt. It was a complicated relationship with alot of resentment and old baggage -but at the same time we were extremly close. But we both carried alot of guilt because our relationship was so dysfunctional but so intensely interdependant.

Since she died I am constantly sick with physical problems such as colds,sore throat,sinus infection,headaches,eczemas,breast pains..

I guess they are psychosomatic. I never got sick before except as a child.

She was such a kind,young in mind,beautiful woman and my best friend. i could't save her from herself and I tried for years.

Maybe her problems came from having no faith. I would have rather she had found solace in god than alcohol and pills for her depression. I say this even though i have no real faith.

But i am a much strongerwilled person than my mother ever was. (she had some of her own strengths too)

I had to be because of my enviroment that i grew up in. What didn't break me only made me stronger (except this with my mom)

Whether you believe me or not, I can relate to you, and your pain. Your experience with your mother sounds almost identical to what I experienced with mine...

Another thing, these aches and pains I know those well too. It can be signs of depression. Dealing with grief is very very difficult. And keeping that down inside of us, makes it only worse. I developed ulcers from not dealing with it all, and sometimes they would bleed. Just take care of yourself, and the best thing I found was to spend 30 minutes a day on your lost loved one, just mourning for them, thinking about them, loving them, focusing on them. It was hard for me b/c I had lost three close to me in such a close time frame. but, I tried that and it worked, it help me a lot..just thought I'd share that with you...

Sincerely. It's true, what don't break you truly does make you stronger.. better!

Edited by Sunni

You have some very good questions, and you're being fair enough. The truth, is I don't understand what happened, or why it happened that way. That's the God's honest truth.

My mother wasn't right.. As I have said here before, she attempted to kill us three, and her self when we were younger. She went to prison for that. When she got out, she stayed with me, I supported her, when everyone else turned their back (and who can blame them).. She lived with me for a while. Until I couldn't handle her evil manipulating ways any longer... My mother was very cruel. Very cruel. I can't get this across to it's extent.... I really wanted my mother's approval, and I wanted her love. But, I came to understand she didn't know how to show love. She didn't have anyone to love her growing up, and it's taught behavior.

<sigh>

I can't say about the cancer, Geri... I don't know.

What I do know, is right before her death, she saw something and fought this with every bit of strength she had. I knew my mother better than anyone.. I even knew what she was thinking, how she thought... this woman was in real fear.

During this episode I felt like going to my knees (as matter fact we all felt this way).. something you couldn't help but feel. I prayed during this time she was *fighting* before her death. It's so intense for me to talk about, but I'll tell you we felt a presence in the room. I never prayed so hard in my entire life for the protection of my mother. I still love my mother, despite all the heartache and pain she caused us.

I know that when I die, she'll be the first I'll see, along with my daddy in perfect beautiful form, healthy spirits.

I've heard about "the entity." About this lady's attacks..

I DO NOT believe that the mentally challenged is demon possessed... I don't know who said that, but it's extremely offensive...

I believe* some times when someone MAY be influenced by demonic force they *may* have delusions, for example, another personality develops, and it's confused with the mentally ill ... but this DOES NOT MEAN that the mentally Ill is possessed, for God sakes! ... I find that insulting to the bone.. some one extremely close to me is autistic... I despise that anyone would think, much less, say such a thing.... & and definitely not true.

Again, this is personal belief, but if someone is right and strong with the Lord, they intimidate the enemy. When their heart is right, they will have much more greater chance in helping someone under demonic influence than just anyone who claims "holy." Make sense?

Thank you so much for responding Sunni....your story is so heartfelt and emotional i wanna hug you (((hugs)))

If you were to write book on your experiences..with you mom ..right till the end..it would be one of the most moving stories ever read

It took a lot for you to post it and im sure those that have read it...feel the same as I do...

Looks to me like the entire experience has made you a stronger person

I agree with you here Sunni.......its very offencive indeed...especially when its said by those who havent bothered to educate themselves with the human brain

Thank you so much for responding Sunni....your story is so heartfelt and emotional i wanna hug you (((hugs)))

If you were to write book on your experiences..with you mom ..right till the end..it would be one of the most moving stories ever read

It took a lot for you to post it and im sure those that have read it...feel the same as I do...

Looks to me like the entire experience has made you a stronger person

I agree with you here Sunni.......its very offencive indeed...especially when its said by those who havent bothered to educate themselves with the human brain

Thank you so much for your very kind words...<hugs>

Gosh, It's odd you say that: I've thought about writing a book on the experience, but what's stopping me (& its sounds nutty I agree) is I feel I have more to learn & still more to go through... emotionally, mentally, and Spiritually.

There was so much that went on in such a short time frame.. and everything overwhelmed me at once.. It's a struggle to separate it all and understand each part of it... I'm still in the process of doing just that. I'll get there if it's willing.

I do feel stronger. I may not grasp everything that happened neither, nor why, but those things I (do) understand, I'm convicted on. This is the core of any strength that I may have.

BTW, Anyone with even a slight education in Psychology will not say that the mentally challenged are demon possessed. That's just how it is. It's completely and utterly ridiculous to assume such a thing. I'm convinced that anyone with a grounded education in Psychology or even abnormal Psychology, myself included, will agree to this...

Edited by Sunni

I have seen and met "evil so called" people or as some call "demonized" people. My self, I just kind of sit back and think why do people do bad or evil things or are just plain mean. I think many of these people have a chemical imbalance in their body and if they are replenished with the minerals the body needs the person may change. Sea salts evidently have all the minerals or most that any living thing needs including people and plants etc. The trick is to get these people to try sea salts or sea water in very small amounts in which there is an Canadian company that sells a sea water product that I have heard works great. I also have known of other minerals from volcanic rock or sand has some very interesting effects once they are manipulated by an Alchemist. I truly believe most if not all people who are so called evil may benefit physically and mentally from these minerals. Natural supplements may do the trick. I could go on and on regarding this but its a whole different subject to a certain extent.

I have seen and met "evil so called" people or as some call "demonized" people. My self, I just kind of sit back and think why do people do bad or evil things or are just plain mean. I think many of these people have a chemical imbalance in their body and if they are replenished with the minerals the body needs the person may change. Sea salts evidently have all the minerals or most that any living thing needs including people and plants etc. The trick is to get these people to try sea salts or sea water in very small amounts in which there is an Canadian company that sells a sea water product that I have heard works great. I also have known of other minerals from volcanic rock or sand has some very interesting effects once they are manipulated by an Alchemist. I truly believe most if not all people who are so called evil may benefit physically and mentally from these minerals. Natural supplements may do the trick. I could go on and on regarding this but its a whole different subject to a certain extent.

This post by far, is the most well thought out and well presented i have read so far

Essene you seem intelligent good job

I know there are such things for toddlers who play up and go nuts...certain supplements they can take to help calm them down.......even got child essce for becky, to help her calm down a lil more and be more relaxed, cuz she is one hyper lil puppy :yes: does my head in lol

A person with mental issues, shouldnt really be taking the drugs the doc perscribes eeither...but safer drugs like herbal treatments...at least they cant do you any real harm

thanks for the post Essene :tu:

This post by far, is the most well thought out and well presented i have read so far

Essene you seem intelligent good job

I know there are such things for toddlers who play up and go nuts...certain supplements they can take to help calm them down.......even got child essce for becky, to help her calm down a lil more and be more relaxed, cuz she is one hyper lil puppy :yes: does my head in lol

A person with mental issues, shouldnt really be taking the drugs the doc perscribes eeither...but safer drugs like herbal treatments...at least they cant do you any real harm

thanks for the post Essene :tu:

Well thank you. I just hope some people study this idea further. From my experience and the people I know personally are blown away on what these supplements can do. I personally know of miraculous recoveries that have occurred while ingesting these supplements. I have known of these supplements for about nine months now and was a bit of a skeptic. It had been stated its the universal elixir that some of these are called and as of a few days ago I am absolutely 100% convinced it is. Its relatively inexpensive and it works way beyond my wildest dreams on what it can do. The other issue that may effect us is the chemicals in our foods, water and environment all mixed together in us make a caustic reaction I believe. I maybe wrong on that aspect but I believe it is true totally. I try to eat only organic foods and drink spring water, plus replenishment of the minerals that is from the sea and other materials may cause exceedingly phenomenal positive effects on ones body. I am not a doctor, I am just a laymen but I have seen the effects. I have read that the PH balance is another major factor. Its been stated that a slightly alkaline PH is best in ones body.

Well thank you. I just hope some people study this idea further. From my experience and the people I know personally are blown away on what these supplements can do. I personally know of miraculous recoveries that have occurred while ingesting these supplements. I have known of these supplements for about nine months now and was a bit of a skeptic. It had been stated its the universal elixir that some of these are called and as of a few days ago I am absolutely 100% convinced it is. Its relatively inexpensive and it works way beyond my wildest dreams on what it can do. The other issue that may effect us is the chemicals in our foods, water and environment all mixed together in us make a caustic reaction I believe. I maybe wrong on that aspect but I believe it is true totally. I try to eat only organic foods and drink spring water, plus replenishment of the minerals that is from the sea and other materials may cause exceedingly phenomenal positive effects on ones body. I am not a doctor, I am just a laymen but I have seen the effects. I have read that the PH balance is another major factor. Its been stated that a slightly alkaline PH is best in ones body.

and yet you present another well written post

and yet you present another well written post

Easy, I may get a big head. Here is some information on sea water for health and you will see why its not widely known. This is originally from NEXUS <Quote> At the same time, these same drug manufacturers have been particularly hesitant to publish the effects of drug-induced low cholesterol, which includes depression, violent behavior, suicide, aggression, increased risk of stroke and poor immune function, according to certain studies. It's looks like we're being brainwashed by some kind of drug mythology into believing that diseases are caused by a drug deficiency and that they can only be cured by increased and expensive drug consumption. <another quote>What would happen to these international drug cartels if an actual cure for cancer suddenly came on the market outside of their control? Since they exist financially only for "treatment of symptoms" (disease management) rather than curing anything, it is possible that our entire financial/medical infrastructure might collapse as a consequence.<another quote>Enter seawater—the missing link to deficient elemental nutrition! It contains every mineral and trace mineral known, in organic form, in the proper ratios needed by human tissues, and it's been there all along as a healing and life-giving agent, hidden in plain sight. While the website where I first found "The Marine Treatment" information had a good report and impressive photos, a more complete website on the subject was under construction. There, I discovered Dr. Juergen Buche, N.D. was in the process of translating a large body of ocean water research and supporting documentation from the original French into English on his academic oceanplasma.org website. http://www.truthquest2.com/oceanplasma.htm

The idea of spiritual warfare between Gods in the Abrahamic religions comes from Zoroastrianism.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/zoroastr.htm

Maybe there is no war between Gods maybe it is us projecting our own war like behavior to our Gods. Maybe Satan and God actually get a long quite will. Maybe they are just having a friendly poker game over the souls of man.

I cannot say I agree 100% with that because comparative religion suggests that there are commonalities in many religions. It does not mean that one took ana Idead from another. This would be particularly true of Judaism that claims to have recieved the scriptures from the hand of God and not other sources.