Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Writing

doomgirl

All you have to do is follow on from where I finished. You can write anything you like, introduce new characters, but please keep the sentences short (no more then 2 or 3 paragraphs if possible)

To help save with confusion, if you decided to join us in writing this story, and if there is a post with only WRITING written in it, that means that someone is actually writing something and it means for you to wait for them to finish. If there is no one here, and you are writing, please post to let people know that you are doing something

Thanks Doomie  grin2.gif

The story that you are reading is the property and copyright of those who are creating it

Jade quietly lay beside the river in the cool long grass, looking up at the stars. In the distance a wolf howled in answer to its mate. Tomorrow would be the first night of the full moon and with that the coming of a new age. She had all but finished collecting the necessary herbs, and still had one more stop to make before going home.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doomgirl

• crosswarrior

• thefirstman

• PsychicPenguin

The breeze swayed the grass in an almost hypnotic motion. Thoughts of celebration and frivolity filled her mind. She contemplated exactly how she would describe to Jasmine what she had seen in the forest. Over and over in her mind she replayed that scene. The flash. The smells. The sound it had made.

Lightening flashed on the horizon as the wind increased. Rolling over she glanced in to the distance and saw the coming storm, as fat droplets began to lazily fall. Gathering her basket, she hurried home. Jasmine would be waiting for the herbs she had collected and most likely more than worried about her by now.

She flew along the path with the agility of the deer that she so often followed. The mist was beginning to rise, as well as the moon, swollen with promise. A familiar feeling of anticipation engulfed her soul as she sped along the moonlit forest floor.

A flash of lightening was quickly followed by a thunderous clap. In the distance, the welcoming glow of light comgin from her cottage grew closer. Stopping at the door, Jade brushed the hair from her face as she entered the cottage.

Suddenly, an icy claw of fear gripped Jade causing her to stumble , her frail body crashing to the undergrowth.

The sounds of heavy footsteps assaulted her ears. Jade's hands shook, breathing labourously, she peered into the night. Her every instinct told her to stand up and flee. But she did not react soon enough.

Materializing out of the darkness, came a hulking figure. It towered over her, that shadow, setting its glowing red gaze upon her.

Unsure of what had attacked her, she turned and looked into the darkness. She could see its breath, chilled in the air but nothing else.

The shadow's breath was warm. By its scent, she instantly realized what was upon her:

They had spotted her watching them. They had sent it to silence her.

No sooner then her realization, an angry snarl rang out, causing a frightened owl to take flight. Then it was upon her. With a flash of moonlight on metal, a searing pain penetrated her torso and Jade found herself flung roughly against the trunk of a nearby oak. She slid to her knees, cradling the wound. Crimson warmth seeped between her fingers.

Jade raised her head to meet the gaze of her attacker. Her wounds closing by each passing moment, she reached behind her and drew fourth a katana.

Another flash of light and a most horrendous roar split the sound of the pouring rain. The creature fell back in a crash, a yellowish neon substance oozing from underneath its chin. As strong arms cradled Jade, rushing sounds of the night echoed in her ears. Footsteps, splashing in the puddles left from the storm. Yelling in the distance. She felt weak, she felt safe, she fell asleep.

katana= samurai sword. I didnt want our Jade to be a victim. More like a warrior woman i think...

Jade awoke with a start. A quick check to her torso revealed no hint of her wound. Only the tattered remnants of her velvet night dress. She sat up slowly, feeling a bit groggy and nauseas. Her hazel eyes gazed thankfully at the familiar sourroundings of her own living room.

The second time this week she had that dream, did it mean something, was it an omen of something to come? And her dress was in tatters, could the beast really be there?

A sudden knock on the door broke her train of thought. Opening the door she saw a peculiar little man. "Kippers and beer me lady? Kippers and beer?" queried the odd fellow.

huh.gif (does moe possibly have a thing for velvet nightdresses?) wink2.gif

In the corner, softly lit by the flickering fire, Jasmine rested in the rocking chair that had been built by their father.

"You can't keep on with these dreams, love. You drag me in with you every time," Jasmine whispered. Her violet irises glimmered in the low light.

What will I do Jasmine? And look at my dress something had to have happened. You don't think the beast is real do you?

Jasmine unfurled from the chair, her ebony tresses catching the flames light and turning it to cherrywood reflections.

"Bring two pounds of kippers, leave them on the table. Your payment is sitting in the pale blue bowl next to the pitcher."

"Jade, every time I am with you in these dreams, and yet I don't understand it any better than you do. You don't really believe what Auntie Cess said about the curse, do you?"

Jasmine exhaled a sigh. "A very long time ago indeed!" "Well", she began, "According to Aunt Cessie, on the first full moon after the last Autumn harvest, the curse began."

While Jasmine told her about the curse, she searched through her clothes, looking for something to wear, taking a blue silk dress she stripped from the damaged velvet mess, and slipped into the blue one

A smile crossed her lips as the silk dress caressed her naked flesh. Was it really a dream.....was he just a dream as well?

Jasmine continued with the story Aunt Cessie had related those many years prior. Jade remembered bits and pieces as her memory was refreshed. The first full moon after the last Autumn harvest had been the last time she remembered seeing her father. Her mother never told her what really happened that night and she carried the secret to her grave.

Do you think we will ever learn what mothers secret was? Do you think she could have told someone? I wish she had told us, promise me that you wont keep secrets, that we wont keep secrets from each other Jasmine.

"Grandfather was was in the woods hunting," Jasmine continued. "When through the trees he saw a man dressed in cloths of the deepest black, trimmed with bands of scarlet like the color of newly spilled blood; His raven black hair was askew and wisped in front of his face; while his eyes were as red as the very coals of Hell. His hard glaring face was pale, though not to the point of sickly; his dark lips set in sneering smile."