Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Writing

doomgirl

The hounds that she had trained rushed forward. Their tounges wagging as they bounded closser to the Mountain-top stronghold of the Dark Alliance. Krowzer and his men were again cursed with an inability to comprehend the true strength of their enemy; and so were seated on the ground resting when Jade Burst through the brush.

The Monsters and their Master stood snarling at the fraction of an army that was rapidly rising to their feet to face them. "Ok Krowzer this is it!!! We will decide the fate of The Hellstorm Faction and The Dark Alliance tonight!!! One of our groups will not live to see the see the next moon." Jade stood wearing the Black and blood red armor of the Hellstorms; in her hands she held her only weapons. The punching dagger that she had killed Duvessa with and the Sword that had been (and had slain) her Father's. The wind howled through the trees like a thousand souls in torment, as the lightening flashed as sparks from the sword of God.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doomgirl

• crosswarrior

• thefirstman

• PsychicPenguin

----------------

WHOOO!! Bloodlust is always good now. go with it!!

----------------------

The battle started then with a calm voice spoken to the werewolves under Jades command. "Attack."

user posted image

Hellhounds anyone?

well I must now depart. fare thee well, and good hunting devil.gif

The vampires braced themselves; but it was useless. The Hounds had been blessed by Priest before he had died, and had the strength of the vampires as well as the regenitve powers of the werewolves. Their claws and teeth ripped through the bodies of the Impure souls gathered around them. Spilling their blood and turning the forest into a swamp flowing with a crimson tide.

And as her pets took care of the others; Jade went for the man who she had been entrusted to and who had so basterdly used her. They joined the attack immediatly for the need for words had long since passed. Krowzers broadsword gashed through the air, each time only to be blocked skillfully by Jade. But he was far stronger, and after an hour of fighting he at last put all his strength into one enraged swing and sent Jads sword hurtling ito a nearby tree. Then using the momentom to continue the move and send the blade through Jades left shoulder and into a large stump. A look of lustful pleasure crept upon the Dark Lords face as he saw the mighty Hellstorm warrior in pain. And vanished as Jade wrenched him close to her with her shattered left arm, and plunged the blessed daggert into his evil heart. Sending yet another ruler of the Dark Alliance screaming into Hell

She grabbed his body and pulled her dagger out, then proceeded to drain his blood to help her recover. After 300 years, Jade had learned that this wound would heal in time, altough some wounds would not. She could not stop thinking about her vision, about her family, and the arcons. There would be no revenge for her, as the arcons had long gone. In her desperation, she turned to Lord Krowzers and thrusted her sword into his dried corpse, chopped his head, and tossed it into the air.

Realizing the death of their leaders, the rest of the Dark Alliance surrendered. There were not too many of them survived the battle. Jade ordered her hounds to stop attacking. She stepped forward in from middle of her troops.

"Lady, please have mercy..."

Jade did not say a word. Rain fell from the sky, washing the earth from the blood spilled that night. A moment later, there she stood, still on the same ground, but the Dark Alliance vampires were not. Her sword and armor were stained by the thick blood of the vampires, and corpses lied all arround her. As she said before the battle, one of the group will never see the moon again.

Edited by PsychicPenguin

The next night, Jade is in her room, staring at the moon through her open window. Her mind is full of thoughts. Thoughts about her past, the acrons, the final battle, her family, Krowzer (scum bag), and finally, and most importantly, Darius. She wanted to know for sure if he still loved her. Since she awoke, she got the feeling that he does, but one can never be sure. She wanted to ask him. "But that's not something you just walk up to somebody and ask!" she thought outloud.

"What is?" a voice asked.

Jade spun around, and saw Darius. He was staring at her, curious about her outburst. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you were ok. Well, what's something you "just don't walk up to somebody and ask"?" he questioned her.

"It has nothing to do with you, don;'t worry about it."

"What's the problem? Are you all right?"

"Yes I'm fine, thank you."

"Jade, if you want to say anything, just say it, you know you can trust me. I don't want anything to happen to you Jade, because I still care about you."

"Thank you Darius, you made me feel much better." She walked out of the room, but Darius hold her.

"Wait Jade, there is something I have to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I want you to know that I ... "

"Ah, thanks God I can find both of you here! The elders need you two immediately."

Edited by PsychicPenguin

"you'll have to tell me it later." Jade walked away, and went to see the elders.

When Jade was out of earshot, Darius yelled at the top of his lungs, slamming his fist into the wall. The entire way to the elders he mumbled under his breath things like "stupid git"..." hope I can tell her later"... "gonna kill anyone who interrupts us"..." this better be worth it"...and finally "..love her"

When atlast he reached the elders, they were sitting in their seats, getting very imaptient.

"It'a about time" one scolded him," we have urgent business to go over!"

"What is it?" Jade aksked slightly concerned.

"It's something that may be of great use to us, but if the wrong ppl were to get their hands on it, it could also destroy us all."

"The time is short, the end is coming, we need you to find it soon." An old man in golden robe stepped forward. Jade realized that he is a high ranked church officer.

"What are you talking about? And why us? We are undeads, we cannot do anything useful for you."

"I have heard about the heroism of your clan in the past, we need your help for the final hour."

"Sorry, but I have no idea about what you are talking about."

"It has been 1000 years, and the devil will be released to the world, and there will be a war."

"Funny, I thought we have wars already." <_<

"No, not yet, what you have seen so far are small conflicts, the devil will form an army so enormous just like the dessert sand, and they ..."

"I still have no idea about what you are talking about, but what do you want from us?" Darius cut the speech before it gets too long.

"The last supper caliche. It holds magical power that will help us in the final hour."

"The cup that was used by Jesus himself? Where is it now?"

"I will tell you, but only if you want to retrieve it for us."

"Why don't you just pick it up yourself?"

"You see, I am old and weak now, and it is not easy to get there. I can only trust you, undeads, because you won't be able to use its power. I sincerely hope that you will take this mission, for the sake of all living things under the sky."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had a lot of battles, what about an adventure?

Edited by PsychicPenguin

Jade stared at the man, who appeared to still not get, "why should we go get it? we have nothing to lose, as we have all said before, we are the undead."

"We all have EVERYTHING to lose. if devil should rise again, the earth will be engulfed in flame and eternal suffering. all that you hold dear shall perish before your very eyes." at this Darius stared at Jade through the corner of his eyes, he thought * I almost lost her once, there is no way I will allow that to happen again*..." we'll do it. I have too much to lose if that were to happen."

"Good, now the location of the caliche is here..."

---------------------

someone help here, I have absolutely no clue where it should be.

the golden robed man pulled out a tattered scroll, un-rolled it and placed it on the table. he pointed to an area of open land.

''This map is ancient, you must understand, but this is where Hellstorm now lays.

And here,'' he moved his finger over to the far side of the map ''is where the caliche lays. i cannot be sure of the exact location, but it is amongst these mountains.

Jade looked down at the map. it was big. and judging by scale the caliche was thousands of miles away.

''How long do we have?'' Jade enquired

Edited by zygon

• 2 weeks later...

"Nobody knows the exact moment, but the sooner we recover it, the better our chance of survival."

"We should prepare an expedition to leave next week." one of the elder spoke forward.

There was a discusion wether or not Darius should join the expedition.

"We need him here, I think we can have Jade to lead the expedition."

There was no dispute about it. everyone had seen Jades fighting and knew she was very clever. She would be a great team leader for this expedition.

''We'll set off tomorrow then, at dusk. I'll plan our route'' Jade picked up the map and left the room.

The next day, at dusk they were all ready to leave.

''i've planned our route so we can stay near shelter for day time and there are villages so we can feed. This trip will be long. VERY long''

Ready to give the signal to move out, Jade was interrupted by the sight of Darius walking towards her. Packing the maps away in her saddle bag, she turned to face him.

‘Have you come to wish me good luck?’ Jade asked

‘Yes and to tell you that I will miss you.’ He said

‘I will miss you to my friend.’

‘Friend, is that how you think of me?’ Darius asked a little hurt

‘I think of you as more then a friend Darius, but the elders would never allow anything more between us.’

‘To hell with the elders Jade. I love you, and I know you love me.’

‘Yes I do love you Darius, but………………’

Hearing the words, Darius cut Jade of in mid sentence and pulled her into his arms, crushing her to his chest, embraced in a passionate kiss, that made time seem to slip away from them.

<done>

Edited by doomgirl

Hardly able to pull herself from his arms, she managed to do just that. No words could be said for what she felt right this moment. All Jade could do was mount her horse, glance back and smile at Darius then Galloped off, giving the signal to move out.

Darius stood watching Jade for as long as he was able, then slowly returned to Hellstorm, alone and more confused then ever

• 3 weeks later...

as darius rode, he was deep in thought. things were so tangeled. he wondered if his life would ever follow a path of sense, or if it would simply wander aimlessly until his death. he just wanted the answers. as he thought these things over, he said them out loud. "i just wish my life would make sense, take a proper path" he said.

or at least he tried to say. the moment the word 'proper' was uttered, a rusty yet well sharpened dagger with a blade the color of blood peirced his chest. his heart burst, and he died on the spot, at the instant. as the dagger was wrenched in his chest, his murderer could feel a small chip settle in his body. so was his soul was stopped on the very brink of judgement, and the murderer's mistress could now harness his life fource and bend it to her own sick will. for this was no ordinary blade, it had been forged from the blood of humiaril, the first of the vampires. the murderer thought to himself, 'the tangles of his life have been ended' -for he had been stalking darius from the scene with jade till now and had heard all. then he stepped back into the shadows, lost to his victims dead unseeing eyes, which had already begin to whiten with the glaze of death.

Edited by man_in_mudboots

• 1 month later...

Sitting bolt upright in bed, Darius was a little confused, but then glad when he relised it was all just a dream. Dressing he left his room and heading to the training room for early night practice. Jade was there, that didn't surprise him, she always seemed to be there these days.

Their eyes met and they smiled to each other for a brief moment, before Jade was forced to returned gaze to her attacker. He missed and Jade sent him flying with a laugh. Darius missed practicing with her.

belive it or not, i was going to do soemthing just like that! i was expecting shcoked cries of, 'you killed darius!".

jade sat on a bench at the training gym, cooling off after showering. today was wednesday, which meant that she had to take the subway home. she breifly reflected on the 'lost terminal'. there was one subway terminal that she always had to pass by to get from her part of the city to this part, a trip whe made every monday, wenesday, and friday. the terminal was extremley dark, and as far as she new it wasnt used any more. as a child, she had been scared of it, because if you looked deep into the pitch-black darkness, it would play tricks on your eyes, making you see strange, moving shapes, figures, what ever your mind was dwelling on at the time, and because children are generally scared of the dark. later, she and her freinds had made up stories about the 'lost terminal', making it a cursed land populated with ogres, vampires, werewolves, and such, just like the fairy tales and fantasy books she was reading more and more of. she found out her group of freinds wasnt the only one that had a thing for the terminal. as a teen they used to go to dates there, just as some couples have graveyard dates, to be frightened and have an excuse for snuggling and making out. even now, as an adult, she still had a lingering fear of the 'lost terminal', though now she accredited the fear to there probably being hoodlums and muggers hiding there.

• 1 month later...

gotta admit this story has gone long way since doomie started it lol hard to believe me an thefirstman were one of the first subscriptors to this post lol how time flies

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly, Jade's eyes opened, and she glanced around her room confused. THe dream she had just had felt so real to her, she knew and under stood what she had seen, and yet nothing in her dream was real except the vampires, orc's and werewolves. Sure this dream had ment something to her. It was trying to tell her something, but what could it be?

After dressing, she slowly walked across the court yard, still in a daze from her dream. She would speak to the Sharman, he would know what to make of this dream.

Edited by doomgirl

Knocking on the door is seemed like ages before anyone answered

The Sharman beckoned Jade in and she sat by the warm stove.

"What troubles you Jade?" The Sharman asked.

"I've had a weird dream and I was wondering if you could help me to understand it better?"

'Tell me you dream child and I will do my best.'

The Sharman listened as Jade told him of the world she had just dreamt of.

Edited by doomgirl