Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America's 'night-mare of Inequality

Bob26003

What argument? What reference? I'll repeat. Go there to examine how government policy toward small businesses is being shaped right now.

That argument. That reference. You repeat. Again.

And again I say "no"! Present sound back-up for your plight in such a way that people should examine how government policy toward small businesses is being shaped right now. I say again that I will not do your research and fact-finding for you. You must present the argument point you are struggling so hard to convey in a professional manor. I offer tutoring to young college students in need as well. The fee is $9.00 an hour.

Post links with relevance

post facts

post truth, even if it's just your own

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Bob26003

• Atheist God

• questionmark

You don't go to War with pay first policy. That is only in the movie house.

Thinking like this will cause the next depression.

Unemployment is at 4.5%. Quite the norm really or an indication of a sound economy..

That's a skewed figure coming from an over bloated government controlled by it's private enterprise.

Well, if I am anyone I would rather spend my money and invest than give it to the governement to gain more power by having more parasites depending on it.

For my spending support the economy and the businesses I cater to, than give it to bureaucrats who sits at their desk.

Please... the government is run by private enterprise not by the voters.

Canada is in that path, and the way it looks with Canadians like yourself who think the government can simply Tax the rich it's just a matter of time then.

What's a matter of time?

The United States had it's higest Tax Bracket then at 70% to support the massive government and we had one of the worst economic condition. research it if you want that was the late 70's.

The economy is in way worse shape now then it was in the 70's and the massive 9 trillion national debt is an indicater.

Thinking like this will cause the next depression.

Oh no, depression only comes when you have a massive government that is a burden for the people to keep afloat running.

That's a skewed figure coming from an over bloated government controlled by it's private enterprise.

Nope, it is the current unemployment rate. You not liking the figure does not mean it is skewed.

Please... the government is run by private enterprise not by the voters.

Huh? You telling me only Private enterprise votes?

What's a matter of time?

When too many piglets are sucking in the goverment for nourishment

The economy is in way worse shape now then it was in the 70's and the massive 9 trillion national debt is an indicater.

Unemployment in the 70's was at 7%, it is at 4.5% at the moment. Would be hard to make a spin on that really.

And again I say "no"! Present sound back-up for your plight in such a way that people should examine how government policy toward small businesses is being shaped right now. I say again that I will not do your research and fact-finding for you.

This is a bit disturbing. You make an ill-considered argument that liberals are at war with small businesses, admit to knowing nothing of the policy toward small businesses being formulated by the first Democratic Congress in 12 years, and when presented with a bite-size (I could've sent you to THOMAS!) resource you refuse to bring yourself up to speed. And then respond by demanding I do it for you. Sure.

While cautioning you that this is only a small window on the policy-making process underway in the 110th Congress, I'll point out that the legislation, debate, and information-gathering of the Small Business Committee in the House (that chamber's conduit for all policy and legislation related to small businesses) has focused on, among other things, the following:

• Applying pressure to federal agencies (DHS, GSA, SBA, VA, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers) to meet the statutory goals of awarding contracts on the rebuilding of the Gulf Coast to local small firms, something these agencies have been failing to do.
  • Examining ways to strengthen and enforce existing prompt payments laws designed to protect small health care providers, but skirted by insurance companies.
  • Shepherding through the committee two bills designed to assist start-ups by providing additional technical assistance, increasing the accessibility of loans provided through the SBA's Microloan initiative, providing additional alternatives in micro-lending, and assisting small businesses in overseas markets through "small business-oriented trade policies, increasing export assistance, protecting firms against unfair practices and providing adjustment assistance."
  • Searching for ways to dull the blow of a new Medicaid drug payment rule that will limit the ability of community pharmacies ability to participate in the Medicaid program by reducing federal reimbursements to states.
  • Blocking implementation of a decision on royalty rates that will drastically raise costs for small internet broadcast companies until a more equitable agreement can be reached.
  • Considering ways to assist small business hit by rising energy costs to reduce energy consumption, become more sustainable, and reduce costs (possibilities being considered include incentives like tax credits and greater access to federal funds, as well as access to the necessary education).
  • Pressing the SEC to determine the cost to small businesses of implementing Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (signed into law five years ago) that contains financial reporting requirements that disproportionately hurt smaller business.
  • Considering a bill that, among other things, proposed to expand the currently defunded New Markets Venture Capital program providing financing and operational assistance to get new small businesses off the ground.
  • Passing four key bills that together:
    • expand "the role of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), targeting the most pressing economic challenges facing entrepreneurs today, from the rising costs of health care and energy, to regulatory burdens and compliance costs" as well as expanding "the SCORE program to ensure services reach entrepreneurs across the country. "
    • expanding "the Women Business Centers’ reach across the U.S., and increases services in underserved communities" as well as dedicating "resources to strengthen centers and ensure stability in the program."
    • creating "additional Veterans Business Outreach Centers and offers business development services targeted to veterans."
    • creating "a customized program to provide educational and technical assistance to Native American entrepreneurs."
  • Introducing a bill investing in training programs to produce a renewable energy workforce, a move that will directly benefit small renewable energy producers who could not otherwise afford to provide adequate onsite training.
  • Examining intiatives supporting the oft-threatened Microloan program and the Program for Investment in Micro-Enterprise (PRIME), which provide assistance in getting small businesses (primarily those headed by women, minorities, or otherwise disadvantaged entrepreneurs) off the ground.
  • Pressing the U.S. Trade Representative to dedicate staff specifically to assisting small businesses looking to expand into foreign markets.
  • Looking--in cooperation with small businesses--for possible improvements in the civil liability system that will lower costs to small businesses, as well as helping them to compete fairly by weeding out unsafe products.
  • Passing legislation that increases the access of small businesses to federal contracts, protects them against contract bundling, and prevents large businesses from receiving small business contracts.
  • Examining strategies to get broadband to rural communities where it could assist small businesses in connecting to customers and assisting local economic development initiatives.
  • Working to attach provisions that assist community banks by reducing paperwork requirements, updating loan limits, and requiring that future changes to banking regulations and guidelines account for their impact on community banks, exempting institutions with fewer than $1 billion in deposits from SOX 404 reporting requirements, including tax and regulatory changes that benefit consumers and small businesses directly, reducing the tax rate for interest earned through certificates of deposit, creating a “Young Savers” account to encourage greater saving among individuals at an earlier age, and encouraging more lending in rural areas by providing tax benefits for agricultural real estate loans and mortgage loans in communities of 2,500 people or less.
  • Working to ensure that proposed reforms of the patent system don't hurt small businesses by considering "proposals to strengthen patent quality and give patent owners more assurance in their claims, which is important for small businesses to be able to attract investments in their ventures. Also emphasized was the need to limit costly abuses of the system. Two proposed solutions were to incorporate post-grant opposition proceedings and litigation reform. The committee will continue to review the impact of these proposals on small businesses throughout the year."
  • Taking up the problem of making health care coverage affordable for small businesses (indeed, more than half of Americans living without health insurance live in a household headed by a small business owner or employee).
  • Introducing measures to assist small businesses by simplifying the tax code and granting them greater control over their own finances.
  • Expanding the Small Business Committee's reach so that it can have greater input in any legislation that will impact small businesses. The broader scope of the committee in this Congress necessitated a restructuring and expansion of its subcommittees so that issues affecting small businesses will be more effectively examined and addressed.

I provide the cliffnotes of cliffnotes to emphasize the point that the assertion that liberals (i.e. Democrats) are hostile to small business is false. The policy toward small businesses being formulated and juggled in the House is very clearly aimed at assisting small business and expanding the opportunities available to them, not ensuring that "no one could ever own their own business."

I offer tutoring to young college students in need as well. The fee is $9.00 an hour.

My interests are physics and public policy and I'm guessing you're not into either.

Post links with relevance

If you are unwilling to read their contents, there doesn't seem to be much point.

Oh no, depression only comes when you have a massive government that is a burden for the people to keep afloat running.

There are endless things that can cause depression.... Besides the US does have an over bloated government that truly is becomming a burden.

Nope, it is the current unemployment rate. You not liking the figure does not mean it is skewed.

I would love it if that was actually the figure but that number is not a fact because there are variables that aren't accounted for... Anyone who took statistics in university and then looks at how they reach that number know that not only is it skewed but it is an out right lie.

Huh? You telling me only Private enterprise votes?

They don't need to they just buy the candidates you vote for blue and red, corruption knows no bounds.

Unemployment in the 70's was at 7%, it is at 4.5% at the moment. Would be hard to make a spin on that really.

It's not at 4.5% now and the highest unemployment rate was in the 1920's not the 70's.

I would love it if that was actually the figure but that number is not a fact because there are variables that aren't accounted for... Anyone who took statistics in university and then looks at how they reach that number know that not only is it skewed but it is an out right lie.

Like I said, it does not support your claim so you call it a lie.

They don't need to they just buy the candidates you vote for blue and red, corruption knows no bounds.

There is corrupption, but I for one believe that there are still more good people than the bad ones.

It's not at 4.5% now and the highest unemployment rate was in the 1920's not the 70's.

AGAIN, it's at 7% in the 70's and 4.5% at present. It's a lie for you, but you have to prove it and call the governement statistic as a lie

Not just call it a lie, like a cry baby .

Come on dude, you know that's not true ;)

And we should add that the problem was fixed by a Money Squandering Democrat with his New Deal

ED: Typo

Edited by questionmark

Like I said, it does not support your claim so you call it a lie.

Like I said uneducated 15 year olds like you who blindly support skewed statistical numbers just aren't seeing the big picture. The number is an outright lie because there are unaccounted variables in that number. Infact they never show how they reached that number which makes it highly dubious.

There is corrupption, but I for one believe that there are still more good people than the bad ones.

The policy being made however tells another story regardless of what you believe.

AGAIN, it's at 7% in the 70's and 4.5% at present. It's a lie for you, but you have to prove it and call the governement statistic as a lie

Not just call it a lie, like a cry baby .

Why don't you show me how they reached that number and prove that the statistic is good and not a lie. Unlike you I don't believe everything I'm told.

BTW let's keep this civil no need for name calling kid. (cry baby)

Like I said uneducated 15 year olds like you who blindly support skewed statistical numbers just aren't seeing the big picture. The number is an outright lie because there are unaccounted variables in that number. Infact they never show how they reached that number which makes it highly dubious.

You don't like the unemployment rate so yo call it a lie, then you brag that is why you are educated. :lol:

Why don't you show me how they reached that number and prove that the statistic is good and not a lie. Unlike you I don't believe everything I'm told.

Wow, more proof of your education. Dont' like what is going on, must be a lie. Very eduated indeed. :wacko:

Edited by AROCES