Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive Soviet Build-up in the Arctic

Canrock

You guys only believe it when you see it on CNN. That's the unfortunate truth.

Since 911 we don't fly to civy airports anymore. Especially Calgary or Edmonton where there are tens of thousands of Arab/muslims. Go through a Canadian airport.... who runs the cleaning companies, taxi cabs... even security. Lebanese, Iranians, Indians.Pakistanis.

We got a unofficial practice of avoiding transit through these points, the CF rents me a vehicle to get from Cold Lake to my home town.

Maybe you guys should read some Rogue Warrior... because that guy isn't far from the truth. We're not just fighting Muslim Fanatics... Russian, China, NK, Iran, Venezuala.. there all tied into it.

I do know one thing, I would hate to be in the Southern US or a Major city when this thing goes overt. MS13, all these migrant workers and illegals, all of this is a coordinated effort.

We are getting invaded, infiltrated and rec'eed left to right. You got guys like Lou Dobbs screaming about it, but nobody seems to do sh't. Stock up on your food, water, and ammo, cuz the hour is a lot closer than anybody cares to guess.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Canrock

• questionmark

• contactismade

Massive Soviet Build-up in the Arctic and North Atlantic.

We have running missions out of CFS Alert with the Inuit Rangers. This is way up in the Arctic. Our unit is Canadian Forces Crypto Maintenance Unit (CFCMU) but we also have a crossover role as combat engineers. We have noticed heavy Soviet build-up in the Arctic since may.

We have buzzed and fired upon dozens of times by RED Fighters, the ones with Plasma Stealth. We call em S-37's.

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Russian_Bo...oss_Arctic.html

Our F18's are great but they scramble out of Cold Lake or Alaska. The Reds got a base much closer. Radar won't pick em up.

In June one of our patrols got hit with small arms, they were in a Bv206S... an amphibious APC.

With IRAQ and AFGH everybody is stretched thin, we got reinforced by some JTF2 who are the best at cold weather but they went off to AFGH within a week.

We are supposed to do regular Sovernty patrols but nobody is going far from base. Supposedly an F-22 from Alaska Penetrated RED airspace and gotta high res pics of 12 brigades on the move.

We train alot with US,UK, and Swedes and they are getting hit with loads of Dry Runs... thats is unloaded/unarmed Russian Fighter/Bombers doing successful mock attack on NATO targets.

Someone told me that a site called DEBKAfile has a story about Red Aircraft dry running UK and Scandanavia.

Keep ya posted.

They are not called Soviets anymore. If you are in the military you should know better.

I'll let this be my Bona Fides,

Some time in the next couple of weeks there will be a news report of a so called "Crash" of a Tu160 Blackjack bomber, either in the Arctic or north sea.

It was downed a CF-188A .... what you call an F18.

Lets see, the Artic and the North Sea are about 4000 miles and 5 time zones away. There are a lot of aircraft spotters living around NATO airbases who exchange information on out-of-place military movements in the UK, Norway or to the south of the N.S. And no reports of Canadian CF-118 on airliner.net's military sub-forum among others. Besides, allowing one of your air bases to be the launch site for the shooting down of a Russian aircraft (specially if in the international waters of the North Sea) would warrent a retaliation attack on that base.

You are aware that the Artic Sea extends some 2600 miles to mainland Russia over the north pole. So a Russian bomber being found on their side of the pole would not mean anything. Unless Canada was now shotting down aircaft off the Russian coast. Which for a nationalistic Putin in command, would be a state of war.

Besides, Russia would use a "Bear" (TU-95) or one of its derivitives for a long distance flight like that.

What I can not understand is if all these secrets are being held by the Canadian government - why would they let a big mouth like you privy to them. And then post them to the internet. You talk too much to be trusted. A good special operations trooper know when to keep quiet.

I do know that you are blowhard. No one in the know would ever associate with the likes of the kinda morons like you people on this site.

You must be a wanna be weekend warrior or belong to a video game guild?

Never the less we shall see if my Bona Fides come true.

What I can not understand is if all these secrets are being held by the Canadian government - why would they let a big mouth like you privy to them. And then post them to the internet. You talk too much to be trusted. A good special operations trooper know when to keep quiet.

Just to let ya know, the term "A good special operations trooper" instantly shows you are a wanna-be, if you have ever fired an automatic weapon you would know this.

The only wannabe I see in here is you.

You don't come across as a BTDT type. More like a

Either way you have never heard of OPSEC which qualifies you as a poser.

The only wannabe I see in here is you.

You don't come across as a BTDT type. More like a

Either way you have never heard of OPSEC which qualifies you as a poser.

OPSEC wow.... what a cool Acronym, did ya learn that playin SOCOM.

No I didn't, but seeing as how you are so well versed in video games that pretty much rules you out from being an operator.

No I didn't, but seeing as how you are so well versed in video games that pretty much rules you out from being an operator.

Only a wanna-be would use the term Operator. LoL....do have to answer the phone to get that job.

Here's a question for you Canrock.

If you have inside information on intelligence that hasn't been reported, why in the world would you freely post it

on a public message board knowing full well that your IP address can be quite easily obtained?

Until you give me a legit answer, I'm forced to think one of two things.

1. You're a fake

2. You have a death wish

I do know that you are blowhard. No one in the know would ever associate with the likes of the kinda morons like you people on this site.

So what's a Perestroika Paranoia, clear and present Danger Ranger (PPDR) like you doing here?

You must be a wanna be weekend warrior or belong to a video game guild?

Never the less we shall see if my Bona Fides come true.

Maybe you should establish your bona fides first (EYBFF), because you're blowing harder than a whale on crack (BHTAWOC).

Here's a question for you Canrock.

If you have inside information on intelligence that hasn't been reported, why in the world would you freely post it

on a public message board knowing full well that your IP address can be quite easily obtained?

Until you give me a legit answer, I'm forced to think one of two things.

1. You're a fake

2. You have a death wish

In the age of WiFi and starbucks IP address means nothing. And there many ways to cheat the system when using a hard line.

Next,

The greatest Military super power in the history of the world is bogged down in a war that was launched on false information or false intentions.

To this day you cannot with certainty connect the dots that led to the events of 911. Yes 3 aircraft struck the WTC and Pentagon but maybe those poor arabs were just patsies and the whole thing was done by remote, maybe the jets were loaded with some high explosives.... maybe there were missles. Maybe it was an inside neocon job. Who knows.

Russian and Chinese arms are used....and designed to kill US and NATO forces.......and this is done everyday. It's a classic proxy war. in 1980 it was the Reds in Afghanistan, now it's the US and NATO. The world still runs on oil. The COMS hav'nt lost an inch of ground. By any stretch the enemies of the West have grown stronger and more united because of US blunders. China have won the trade war and have stolen technology that has cost the US and allies trillions to develop over the years. Central and South America along with Cuba are uniting with others like Iran. A Red Chinese company runs the Panama canal, the largest container port in the world has been built by the Chinese in the Bahamas....on and on it goes.

North America is slowly being surrounded and now infiltrated by millions of foreigners that do not have good intentions or other allegences.

The Bear and the Dragon are sneakin up our six... while we was out huntin Camels.

I'll let this be my Bona Fides,

Some time in the next couple of weeks there will be a news report of a so called "Crash" of a Tu160 Blackjack bomber, either in the Arctic or north sea.

It was downed a CF-188A .... what you call an F18.

Canrock, I presume you're saying that the Tu-160 has ALREADY been shot down, but has not been reported yet ? If so, why is there the large geographical spread in your comment ? (Artic or North Sea). Surely we know WHERE it was shot ?

If one HAS been shot down, then this would be hard to keep quiet for TOO long: the Russians only have 19 of these aircraft in service, so it is a very tight-knit aircrew community. The loss of the plane would be talked about, and inevitably gossip would spread - despite the best efforts of the security services.

As for being buzzed by an Su-47: there is only one of these inexistence. It is a proof-of-concept prototype for the new FA-PAK fighter program. It is also designed as a fighter (apart from guns it has no ground-attack capability). Why would the Russians send a one-of-a-kind prototype to attack Canadians in the Artic ? With a machine gun ? The Su-47 is not a stealthy aircraft.... they would be far better off sending a Tu-160 (which probably has a smaller RCS than the Su-47, but twice the range and the ability to carry lots and lots of bombs and cruise missiles etc).

We shall wait and see, but on the face of it your report seems to be improbable.

Meow Purr.

My university minor was in Military History and Technology and worked as a civilian contractee for the Department of Defence. If you want to, come on over and see my diploma, after which I will stuff it up your rear end.

You said that there is now a secret Canadian airbase in the north. But say that you wont say where. Well loud mouth, you just released a secret. Any one, Russian or Jamacian or Thai can look up Google Earth northern airports and look for scorch marks on the runway. Since a CF-18 leaves a very different mark on a runway than a B-737. Maybe we should contact the Canadian military. They would love to know that one of their people (or someone claiming to be Canadian military) is spreading military secrets all over the net.

Your a rookie on this forum. And you do not realize that we have seen all kinds of B.S. artists here over the years. That the tatic of attacking the respondant to a statement and not answering the question is all too well known here. And not appreciated. But your story leaks like a sieve. And you should expect hard questioning when you make statements like you have. You do not get a free ride here.

p.s. I do not play video games, their a waste of my time - but apparently not yours. And I have handled and examined more automatic weapons than I suspect you have.

My university minor was in Military History and Technology and worked as a civilian contractee for the Department of Defence. If you want to, come on over and see my diploma, after which I will stuff it up your rear end.

You said that there is now a secret Canadian airbase in the north. But say that you wont say where. Well loud mouth, you just released a secret. Any one, Russian or Jamacian or Thai can look up Google Earth northern airports and look for scorch marks on the runway. Since a CF-18 leaves a very different mark on a runway than a B-737. Maybe we should contact the Canadian military. They would love to know that one of their people (or someone claiming to be Canadian military) is spreading military secrets all over the net.

Your a rookie on this forum. And you do not realize that we have seen all kinds of B.S. artists here over the years. That the tatic of attacking the respondant to a statement and not answering the question is all too well known here. And not appreciated. But your story leaks like a sieve. And you should expect hard questioning when you make statements like you have. You do not get a free ride here.

p.s. I do not play video games, their a waste of my time - but apparently not yours. And I have handled and examined more automatic weapons than I suspect you have.

errr.... I think you're being a trifle harsh there Brimingham. Canrocks "bona fides" will live or die based on whether the Russian's declare a missing Tu-160 bomber over the next couple-or-three weeks.

I wish I'd had such an interesting degree course as yours, Birmingham... it sounds really fascinating. I might ask you more on this in PM.

However, I'm dissapointed that you make refferences to 'google earth' as proof of runway activity. Google Earth is - essentialy - a civilian operation (albeit with co-operation with a wide circle of 'friends'). Tell me, from what source do you think Google Earth would get it's photography of the artic ? I presume you know that Google doesn't commision it's own satelites or aircraft, and is relient on 'information received' ? Which leaves the possibility of "information edited". Or, and more realisticly... "information from 5 years ago".

I tend to agree with the thrust of your point.. if not the way you have chosen to do it. Canrock made an extravegant suggestino that war was - in effect - already declared in the artic.. and that military forces had already clashed. (the main one being the shooting-down of a Tu-160). Well, as I already stated in the post a few above this one...lets wait a couple of weeks and see.

Meow Purr.

I do know that you are blowhard. No one in the know would ever associate with the likes of the kinda morons like you people on this site
A clear indicator that an argument is a lost cause is when someone starts calling other people names. Ever notice how it is usually someone with less than 100 posts that starts the mud-slinging? The MODS here have quite a high tolerance level but, they WILL put you in the UM TimeOut in a heartbeat.

Let's see if you are in the know.

Where is the second largest Submarine base on the west coast?

Here's a clue... Gwaii Haanas.

The complex is visible on Google. Let see if any of you detractors come come up with grid coords for it.

Next, I'm sure that if something isn't in the media it can't be true. Of course.

Your imlplying here that we should just take Mr. out of the blue's word for it.

You people speak of conspiracy... but when something is right in front of you, you can't see it.

To this day you cannot with certainty connect the dots that led to the events of 911. Yes 3 aircraft struck the WTC and Pentagon but maybe those poor arabs were just patsies and the whole thing was done by remote, maybe the jets were loaded with some high explosives.... maybe there were missles. Maybe it was an inside neocon job. Who knows.

No, you speak of conspiracy.

We are opened minded here, but not gullable. We debate with respect for each other until someone shows us disrespect such as you have. We know who's who and where they stand. If you think we are all morons here..... then don't let the door hit ya where the dog should have bit ya.

Sorry Cat, I have a lot of respect for military personal. Maybe too much, to where I will bit my tounge on criticizing operations and tactics. Though I will comment on purcheses. But I have little time for blowhards that set themself up and then compromise security that may harm your own people.

One of the most interesting thing me and my collegues did was interview soldiers who had retired after the end of the Viewnam war, and those who stayed in. Both combat and non-combatants, regular grunts along with special forces. And these, specially the S.F. members, were very calm and straight forwod. Not boastfull and angry. They had a job to do and they did it with the best of their abilities. Canrock does not fit the phychological profile you want for a job like that based on the S.F. men I worked with. Those who were boastfull had members of their unit come in later and warn us to take their statements with a grain of salt. One of the two who were boastfull, I was warned, was on the way out. Though their statement was included because they were serving in that job at that time.

I used Google Earth because I forgot the 4 letter name of the French commercial reconnisance/survey satillite company (my search bar is missing again). Which has it's own satillite. And is willing to sell last weeks photo to anyone with the money.

Since my search bar has "gone south" again, I swung by a friends to use his computer that did have a working search bar. And I googled Canadian and international Ham Radio forums. Since communications is still not great in the far north of Canada, a lot of the old-timers still use Ham Radio. And there was no reports of any activities as discribed by Canrock. And it would be difficult to keep the news of that kind of activity, specially what has become a shooting war, from getting to the civilian population. Wounded people, shot up vehicles, strange and unknown jet warplanes would have people in one community asking people in another community - what the heck is going on. But nothing.

I'm sure you met Patton himself while you were swabin heads down at the VA. Blowhards.... you met somebody who know somebody who may have got shot at. Hoohaa.

Putin has planted the russian flag over much of the North Pole, claiming it part of the Siberian shelf and hence part of Russia giving them full rights for all exploration. It might explain "massive soviet build-up", dunno about planes being shot down etc. that sort of stuff gets nasty real quick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6914178.stm

Sorry Cat, I have a lot of respect for military personal. Maybe too much, to where I will bit my tounge on criticizing operations and tactics. Though I will comment on purcheses. But I have little time for blowhards that set themself up and then compromise security that may harm your own people.

One of the most interesting thing me and my collegues did was interview soldiers who had retired after the end of the Viewnam war, and those who stayed in. Both combat and non-combatants, regular grunts along with special forces. And these, specially the S.F. members, were very calm and straight forwod. Not boastfull and angry. They had a job to do and they did it with the best of their abilities. Canrock does not fit the phychological profile you want for a job like that based on the S.F. men I worked with. Those who were boastfull had members of their unit come in later and warn us to take their statements with a grain of salt. One of the two who were boastfull, I was warned, was on the way out. Though their statement was included because they were serving in that job at that time.

I've heard it said that UK special ops types (SAS, SBS, RM et al) are a bit like this... they don't necessarily fit the stereotype of the 'man-muscle-mountain', and certainly aren't boastful. (I've never met any myself... or perhaps I have, but just don't know about it ).

I used Google Earth because I forgot the 4 letter name of the French commercial reconnisance/survey satillite company (my search bar is missing again). Which has it's own satillite. And is willing to sell last weeks photo to anyone with the money.

Ahhh... the SPOT system ? Good call... they're not cheap, but most news organisations could afford their pictures with ease, if they suspected something was afoot. Mind you - hypothetically - if the Russians DID have a 'doctor evil' secret-santa base on the icecap, then presumably they could hide it from satelite reconaisence ? (they even have a word for it.. mastrikova - or something like that).

Since communications is still not great in the far north of Canada, a lot of the old-timers still use Ham Radio. And there was no reports of any activities as discribed by Canrock. And it would be difficult to keep the news of that kind of activity, specially what has become a shooting war, from getting to the civilian population. Wounded people, shot up vehicles, strange and unknown jet warplanes would have people in one community asking people in another community - what the heck is going on. But nothing.

Hmmm... dunno... depends how far north it was. I guess there's a lot of unpopulated wilderness out there: if this alledged conflict was away from any population centres, who would even know about it ?

Not so much Tom Clancy (Red Storm Rising) as Alistair McClean (Ice Station Zebra), methinks.

Oh well, the truth will out sooner or later.

Meow Purr.

Edited by ships-cat

I did run across this today. Made me think. Here's some highlights.

Russian Explorers to Probe North Pole

July 24, 2007 — A Russian expedition in which two parliament members will explore the North Pole seabed in a mini-submarine set out from the northern port of Murmansk on Tuesday, an expedition organizer said.

The unprecedented expedition is part of Russia's efforts to assert territorial claims well north of its Arctic coast in territory thought to contain significant oil, gas and other reserves.

"The Arctic is ours and we should demonstrate our presence," the expedition's 67-year-old leader, the explorer and member of parliament Artur Chilingarov, said on television earlier

The expedition comes amid heightened international interest in the Arctic, prompted by increased melting of the ice as well as expectations of untapped energy reserves.

Earlier Chilingarov said the expedition would help advance Russia's Arctic claims, which are disputed by other countries, including the United States.

In 2001 Russia made a submission to a United Nations commission claiming extra territorial waters off its northern coast.

The claim is based on the contention that a ridge of seabed known as the Lomonosov Ridge, which extends into northern Canada, is actually an extension of continental Russia.

In a statement, Gruzdev said: "We must remind the whole world that Russia is a great polar and scientific power."

In a speech aboard a nuclear ice-breaker in May, President Vladimir Putin called for greater efforts to secure Russia's "strategic, economic, scientific and defence interests" in the Arctic.

SOURCE

I guess we'll see.

If Russia submitted something like this to the UN - then it is dead on arrivial. The US has supported freedom of marine transit since way before that date. And sure will not agree to something that would expand Russian influence. Britain will not do anything to carve out part of a member of the Commonwealth. Add France to that. France also has worries about restricting transit. And even China, which would be one of the biggest uses of the Northwest Passage. They would not want Russia sitting astride a new and quicker route to Europe. So a vote could be 4-1 in the Security Council, where only one vote is needed to veto. Which is why you have not heard much about it since Russia tried to pull it off.

Edited by Birmingham