Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive Soviet Build-up in the Arctic

Canrock

Errr.... don't they have polar bears in the Antartic ?

Meow Purr.

Penguins, they have penguins.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Canrock

• questionmark

• contactismade

Penguins, they have penguins.

I've NEVER trusted penguins. They're creepy. They ALL wear dinner-jackets. Even when they're not dining.

Whenever I see them on the TV, I always expect them to try and convert me to their religion, or try and sell me double-glazing.

And don't by fooled by that 'diet of fish' propoganda. You only have to LOOK at them to know that Aubergines are invloved in the background somewhere.

Meow Purr.

Ships-Cat Put down the catnip, put your paws in the air, and move over facing the wall. The animal control officer will be here with your medications rapidly.

:P:D

AAAaahh! How I miss the cold war day with those soviets. While on the USS Archerfish we caught a Typhoon coming out of Murmansk. We followed her for three weeks and made sonar profiles and even caught vidio images of it. The neat thing was that if we had to do it, we could have taken her out without her even knowing we were there.

AAAaahh! How I miss the cold war day with those soviets. While on the USS Archerfish we caught a Typhoon coming out of Murmansk. We followed her for three weeks and made sonar profiles and even caught vidio images of it. The neat thing was that if we had to do it, we could have taken her out without her even knowing we were there.

I am sure that would be a great victory after half of the world would have a mushroom cloud in their cities.

The wreckage of the Russian bomber will be loaded on John

Wurmlinger, a marine base camp barge with fuel storage capabilities, a

helicopter pad and a workshop/warehouse and the Delta Eagle, an 800 hp tug.

The wreckage of the Russian bomber will be loaded on John

Wurmlinger, a marine base camp barge with fuel storage capabilities, a

helicopter pad and a workshop/warehouse and the Delta Eagle, an 800 hp tug.

####

Retracting post

Edited by Birmingham

This is interesting, July 20, Norway, Russian flights raised concern

Maybe the Russians are testing responses while they train?

But Canrock, we still need more than the picture of a privately operated barge to take the shooting down of a Russian bomber seriously.

Canrock, this really doesn't make much sense. The John Wurmlinger is a privately owned barge. Why would it be used to recover a Tu160 bomber ? The crew would be bound to talk.

And from where was the bomber recovered, and how was it loaded ? If it crashed into the sea, it would have sunk. If it crashed onto the land, how was it loaded onto this barge ? It would require a major dockyard facility.

Anyway, surely the barge is nowhere big enough to store a tu160. The JW's deck is big enough to comfortably land a large helicopter. A tu160, on the other hand , is about 180 foot long.

linked-image

Meow Purr.

Edited by ships-cat

Canrock, this really doesn't make much sense. The John Wurmlinger is a privately owned barge. Why would it be used to recover a Tu160 bomber ? The crew would be bound to talk.

And from where was the bomber recovered, and how was it loaded ? If it crashed into the sea, it would have sunk. If it crashed onto the land, how was it loaded onto this barge ? It would require a major dockyard facility.

Anyway, surely the barge is nowhere big enough to store a tu160. The JW's deck is big enough to comfortably land a large helicopter. A tu160, on the other hand , is about 180 foot long.

linked-image

linked-image

Meow Purr.

And that is just beside the fact that it has not moved from its berthing the last few month ....

Are you sure you don't want to write a novel?

And that is just beside the fact that it has not moved from its berthing the last few month ....

Can we verify that ? :)

Meow Purr.

Can we verify that ? :)

Meow Purr.

Check the owners activity report... that thing was moved to the north to aid oil drilling.

Check the owners activity report... that thing was moved to the north to aid oil drilling.

I can't find a link to the owners activity report. It may well have been originaly moved their to assist in oil drilling, but it can always be re-assigned.

Meow Purr.

I can't find a link to the owners activity report. It may well have been originaly moved their to assist in oil drilling, but it can always be re-assigned.

Meow Purr.

True, I'll try to find it again, it was on a web page different from the one we have linked above. I wast just to tired last night (should I say this morning?) to write anything about it and then I kind of forgot. Oh well,

BTW, on Google earth you can see this barge berthed in the bay East of Tuk.

Does Google Earth work in real time? Does Canrock?

good question... google earth does not.

Here you are Shipscat:

http://www.mullen-group.com/investor/pdf/mpc_2006.pdf

page 235.

Funny thing about the tug is that it is supposed to be a shallow draft tug, which means that it (sh)©ould not operate in deep water... makes the story even fishier. Unless that bomber is somewhere in Canadian coastal waters(?) ... but that would have been a major scandal....

I thought that we had all agreed that this was a hoax?

I thought that we had all agreed that this was a hoax?

Some can just not let it go

I am sure that would be a great victory after half of the world would have a mushroom cloud in their cities.

Possibly, but the shrooms would be from landbased ICBM's not their Subs. Our Attack boats were on them like glue, they would never get a missle launched before they got intimate with a MK 48 Torpedo or a SUBROC.

Here you are Shipscat:

http://www.mullen-group.com/investor/pdf/mpc_2006.pdf

page 235.

Funny thing about the tug is that it is supposed to be a shallow draft tug, which means that it (sh)©ould not operate in deep water... makes the story even fishier. Unless that bomber is somewhere in Canadian coastal waters(?) ... but that would have been a major scandal....

Yaaaay... thanks for that Questionmark.

P.S... it's a hoax :D

(errr... the Russian Bomber post that is, not the barge)

Meow Purr.

I dont think they would do such a bold move