Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive Soviet Build-up in the Arctic

Canrock

Let's go join the Communist Party comrades!!!! **Hoists up Soviet Flag**

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Canrock

• questionmark

• contactismade

BTW, on Google earth you can see this barge berthed in the bay East of Tuk.

What are the exact grid coords on Google?

Long/Lat.

MOSCOW, April 22 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military planes flew undetected through the U.S. zone of the Arctic Ocean to Canada during recent military exercises, a senior Air Force commander said Saturday.

The commander of the country's long-range strategic bombers, Lieutenant General Igor Khvorov, said the U.S. Air Force is now investigating why its military was unable to detect the Russian bombers.

"They were unable to detect the planes either with radars or visually," he said.

Khorov said that during the military exercises in April, Tu-160 Blackjack bombers and Tu-95 Bears had successfully carried out four missile launches. Bombing exercises were held using Tu-22 Blinders.

By the end of the year, two more Tu-160s will be commissioned for the long-range strategic bomber fleet, Khorov said.

Both new planes will incorporate numerous upgrades from the initial Soviet models, the commander said. The bombers will be able to launch both cruise missiles and aviation bombs, and communicate via satellite.

http://img.rian.ru/images/4118/03/41180302.jpg

MOSCOW, April 22 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military planes flew undetected through the U.S. zone of the Arctic Ocean to Canada during recent military exercises, a senior Air Force commander said Saturday.

The commander of the country's long-range strategic bombers, Lieutenant General Igor Khvorov, said the U.S. Air Force is now investigating why its military was unable to detect the Russian bombers.

"They were unable to detect the planes either with radars or visually," he said.

Khorov said that during the military exercises in April, Tu-160 Blackjack bombers and Tu-95 Bears had successfully carried out four missile launches. Bombing exercises were held using Tu-22 Blinders.

By the end of the year, two more Tu-160s will be commissioned for the long-range strategic bomber fleet, Khorov said.

Both new planes will incorporate numerous upgrades from the initial Soviet models, the commander said. The bombers will be able to launch both cruise missiles and aviation bombs, and communicate via satellite.

http://img.rian.ru/images/4118/03/41180302.jpg

Rather have a link to the story, could be in Russian, cause mine is good enough to read a newspaper

As I said, sometime in the next while that barge will be tasked to laod out the wreckage.

OH, so the wreckage is already ABOARD the barge ? Jolly good. How did it get there ? Whereabouts on the Artic is there a dock and heavy-lift equipment to load the 'wreckage' onto the barge ? But more importantly, where is ti GOING ? :)

Some independant corroboration would be nice. Your link just points to a picture of a Tu-160, with no accomanying story. Methinks the Russian lies :D

Meow Purr.

Ooooh - and willst we're on the topic.... Here's a snippet from Canrock's OP...

We have buzzed and fired upon dozens of times by RED Fighters, the ones with Plasma Stealth. We call em S-37's.

Now, I posted at length explaining that the Su-37/47 is a one-off prototype, designed as a 'proof-of-concept' for the new FA-PAK 'next generation' Russian fighter program. There is only ONE of them in existence. Its only ground-attack ability is a machine gun (canon ??). I asked you why the Russians would send such an unlikely choice of aircraft to attack you and your unit ? The aircraft is explicity designed as an interceptor/air-superiority fighter.

Why Canrock ? Why a Su-37 ? You have NOT responded, and have gone VERY quiet on that Canrock. Why are you avoiding that discussion ?

Oh - and PLEASE tell me what a "Plasma Stealth" system is - I'm all agog. Go on Canrock - PLEASE tell us all about this exciting new system. Shall I google it ? Did you get this idea here by any chance ?

So now the Russians are sending the ONLY existing prototype thousands of miles into hostile territory, carrying an experimental stealth system ? One accident - one mishap - the aircraft crashes and - gosh - the Russians have just given their latest secret away ?

Do you REALLY think they would take such a risk ?

Do you Canrock ? Tell me more about the Su-37 that attacked you, as you so enthusiasticly asserted in your opening post.

Or will you simply ignore it, and introduce a new red herring ? A Typhoon class submarine with secret aircraft-launching capabilities perhaps ? How about a space laser ? SURELY they must have landed Speznatz recconaisence troops by now, equiped with electromagnetic rail-guns, and guided by a group of 'remote viewing' psychics in a bunker in Kursk ?

If there is ANY Russian technology guiding these assertions, I suspect it is from their Vodka industry.

Meow Purr.

(You know, if Canrock is right, I'm going to have to do a lot of grovelling :P )

The wreckage is going to be loaded out on the barge. The pieces will be lifted with a heavy chopper such as a chinook or S64 aircrane. You will notice the hangar on the barge is capable of fitting an entire s61 whith rotors on, plenty of room for wreckage.(notice also the center mass stablizers that anchor the barge in ice or used for deep water)

The S-37, first do you think because you read on the internet there is only one prototype. I'm sure the Nighthawk,B2...F22 were operational long before you weenies got to view the pics on Janes.

Next, believe nothing until there is secondary confirmation.

Such as a Russian Bomber crash in the arctic.

I used the 1990s Chinese refugee boats as an example of something that happened right under your noses but few people bothered to notice. Dig deeper and you will find that there were dozens of boats that landed that were not reported in the mainstream media. Most of the so called refugees just"dissapeared". The whole thing was slept under the rug.

If someone had told you 19 Arabs were gonna hit NYC and the Pentagon, you would not have believed it.

You claim to have an open mind?

And on a personal not, I would venture to guess 90% of the so called media, be it internet, radio or TV or print is heavily influenced in North America by big brother, big business or MIL-INDUST.

500,000 Iraqis have been slaughtered, Iran is totally surrounded. There will be another Fake WMD war. I would say it's time to question things.

Just like the Chemtrail spraying that was denied by the FEDS, there will be more and more false flags. But hey... it's all just a hoax.

The wreckage is going to be loaded out on the barge. The pieces will be lifted with a heavy chopper such as a chinook or S64 aircrane. You will notice the hangar on the barge is capable of fitting an entire s61 whith rotors on, plenty of room for wreckage.(notice also the center mass stablizers that anchor the barge in ice or used for deep water)

"such as"... a hypothesis. Tell me, how do these helicopters get there ? And where, precisely, is "there".

The S-37, first do you think because you read on the internet there is only one prototype. I'm sure the Nighthawk,B2...F22 were operational long before you weenies got to view the pics on Janes.

Actually, the stories where circulating LONG before the US admitted them. And this was BEFORE the internet. But.... nevertheless.... you have a hypothetical point. So, are you formaly stating that the Russians have brought the Su-37/47 into full production ?

Next, believe nothing until there is secondary confirmation.

Errr.... couldn't have put it better myself.

Such as a Russian Bomber crash in the arctic.

I await with baited breath.

And on a personal not, I would venture to guess 90% of the so called media, be it internet, radio or TV or print is heavily influenced in North America by big brother, big business or MIL-INDUST.

No doubt. But that is only about 5% of the world. Stories may be - hypotheticly - suppressed in the US, but WILL leak out elsewhere, especially in countries wtih antithapy towards the US.

500,000 Iraqis have been slaughtered,

No they havn't - you are thinking of the 'excess mortality' figures.

I would say it's time to question things.

We are :)

Just like the Chemtrail spraying that was denied by the FEDS, there will be more and more false flags. But hey... it's all just a hoax.

Indeed :D

LIke I said Canrock - if we see any signs of this bomber, of mass-produced Su-37/47's over the Artic, and attacks on Canadian forces, then I shall be the first to apologise EXTRAGEVANTLY on this board.

I may even ask the Guild of Moderators to create a new sub-section for me to apologise every day in.

Tell me Canrock - why an Su-37/47 fighter ? Why send a fighter to attack ground troops ? Why not a Backfire or a Blinder ?

Meow Purr.

I'll tell ya when I decided the whole thing was crooked. The the Saudi Royal family bought the Fairmont luxury Hotel chain last year, and it will be there little get away when Saudi goes to sh.t.

They have their own little airport in Calgary called Airsprint where there are no customs. I'm sure they have the same setup in the US, Europe and elsewhere.

It's always about the money.

I'll tell ya when I decided the whole thing was crooked. The the Saudi Royal family bought the Fairmont luxury Hotel chain last year, and it will be there little get away when Saudi goes to sh.t.

They have their own little airport in Calgary called Airsprint where there are no customs. I'm sure they have the same setup in the US, Europe and elsewhere.

It's always about the money.

Ahhh... as per my previous-but-one post. We now have the Red Herring. Saudi. Calgary. Little Airport.

What about the Su-37/47's that attacked you Canrock. Why did the Russians send a prototype ? Or if it ISN'T a prototype, but has gone into production, then why have the US/French satellites not noticed this ? You can't bring a prototype unit into full combat production without people noticing.

Why did they send an interceptor/air-superiority-fighter to shoot at you in the Artic Canrock ? Why didn't they send a ground-attack aircraft, or a bomber ?

Why not a Blinder or a Backfire ?

Perhaps they couldn't land on the airport in Calgary ? (the Su-37/47 possibly COULD - after all, it's geometry permits VERY low speeds apparantly ? It can even do that 'flying backwards' angle-of-attack trick. ). But then... who would refuel it ?

Meow Purr.

"Reds", "Soviets"?

This is a joke.

Yup, and a pretty lame one.

The Russian Air Force continues to run their annual exercises up to the US/Canada line, but the number of planes they put up is severely reduced from the 'good old days' due to excessive fuel costs.

In the darkest depths of the Arctic Ocean a new Cold War is brewing. American and British nuclear submarines lurk in the shadows, preparing for company.

During its journey last week a mysterious aircraft appeared above the Akademik Fyodorov, causing a ripple of excitement among the journalists on board. Russian media widely reported the aircraft to be a Nato spy plane. It may have been paranoia but in the frozen waters around the North Pole one thing is certain: the days of the Cold War are back.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story...37048%2C00.html

A surge in air pressure damaged a ballast tank on a nuclear submarine during repairs but the incident was minor, a Navy spokesman said Friday, Interfax reported.

The incident happened Thursday aboard a Northern Fleet submarine as it underwent repairs at a dockyard in the White Sea port of Severodvinsk.

An official in the local administration said earlier Friday that there had been a small blast. But Navy spokesman Igor Dygalo said there was no explosion and no one was hurt in the incident.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2007/07/30/044.html

Canada is pulling out of Afghanistan. Look for some major news stories over the next about this.

The big push will be for cold weather operations and training. The Polar Class 5 Arctic Offshore Patrol Ships to be built be have some significant upgrades.

Russian strategic aircraft fire missiles in Arctic exercise

The Russian Air Force said Thursday a group of four strategic missile aircraft achieved their objectives in a major Navy and Air Force exercise off Russia's Arctic coast.

"Four Tu-22M3 strategic missile aircraft made over 20 sorties, firing air-to-surface missiles and successfully hitting their targets in the Barents Sea," Colonel Alexander Drobyshevsky, an Air Force spokesman, was quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying.

He said the exercise involved only young pilots who had not earlier trained with live missiles.

The spokesman said NATO air surveillance activities increased in the area. "Right now, we see two to three Orions, or Atlantics, or RS-135s every day where we have normally detected only one such (surveillance) plane," Drobyshevsky said.

According to the Defense Ministry, the Tu-22M3 (NATO code name Backfire-C) is a strategic aircraft carrying one to three Kh-22M ( NATO code name Kitchen) air-to-surface missiles with a range of up to 500 km.

Source: Xinhua

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/6214786.html

OK Canrock, lets assume for a second that the story about the Russian bomber is legit. Why in the world are you compromising the security of the nation that you have swarn to protect and defend. You have given away your nations "family jewels" as far as security goes.

We have had some Russians on this forum. Do we know that the guy who might use the username "Boris The Bear" is not Boris the major in the FIS (previously the KGB). And you have fed him (or someone like him) enough info to blow the cover off of what has to be at the moment, Canada's greatest secret. A crashed bomber, only one of 19, with all of it's on-board crypto equiptment. Including what would be needed for release on a nuclear mission. Plus weapons and recon gear carried. This is a gold mine of information, and you have comromised it. As the old World War-II saying goes, "loose lips sinks ships".

And if the story is true, you have also given a time line for the recovery of the crashed aircraft. And the equiptment that will be used in the recovery. Very handy if the Russians want to stop the recovery of some of their own top secrets. You've made it very easy for the Russians to make the recovery boats disapear along with the wreakage. Your releasing info that is a closely guarded secret. Akin to Project Jennifer - the recovery of the Soviet nuclear missile sub that sank in 1968 in the Pacific that the US recovered. But if someone from the US had blabbed like this - they might as well have painted "CIA Recovery Ship" on the side of the ship used to bring up the sunken submarine.

The Special Forces members I interviewed were very tight mouthed about operational security. Even today, some things are not talked about. As not to compromise a project if it is on-going or may be pulled out of the closset and dusted off and reused.

OK Canrock, lets assume for a second that the story about the Russian bomber is legit. Why in the world are you compromising the security of the nation that you have swarn to protect and defend. You have given away your nations "family jewels" as far as security goes.

We have had some Russians on this forum. Do we know that the guy who might use the username "Boris The Bear" is not Boris the major in the FIS (previously the KGB). And you have fed him (or someone like him) enough info to blow the cover off of what has to be at the moment, Canada's greatest secret. A crashed bomber, only one of 19, with all of it's on-board crypto equiptment. Including what would be needed for release on a nuclear mission. Plus weapons and recon gear carried. This is a gold mine of information, and you have comromised it. As the old World War-II saying goes, "loose lips sinks ships".

And if the story is true, you have also given a time line for the recovery of the crashed aircraft. And the equiptment that will be used in the recovery. Very handy if the Russians want to stop the recovery of some of their own top secrets. You've made it very easy for the Russians to make the recovery boats disapear along with the wreakage. Your releasing info that is a closely guarded secret. Akin to Project Jennifer - the recovery of the Soviet nuclear missile sub that sank in 1968 in the Pacific that the US recovered. But if someone from the US had blabbed like this - they might as well have painted "CIA Recovery Ship" on the side of the ship used to bring up the sunken submarine.

The Special Forces members I interviewed were very tight mouthed about operational security. Even today, some things are not talked about. As not to compromise a project if it is on-going or may be pulled out of the closset and dusted off and reused.

Yes, for the fourth time all the special forces ****s you got to interview...

First, I'm sure the Russians are very aware of every operation in the area. They just can't do anything inside Canadian territory.

Next, secret are no longer kept, period. There is just dissinformation.

Yes, for the fourth time all the special forces ****s you got to interview...

First, I'm sure the Russians are very aware of every operation in the area. They just can't do anything inside Canadian territory.

Next, secret are no longer kept, period. There is just dissinformation.

How's that submarine-launched plasma-stealthed death-ray-equiped Su-37/47 coming along Canrock ? Has it shot at you recently ?

Meow Purr.

Edited by ships-cat

If someone had told you 19 Arabs were gonna hit NYC and the Pentagon, you would not have believed it.

You claim to have an open mind?

500,000 Iraqis have been slaughtered, Iran is totally surrounded. There will be another Fake WMD war. I would say it's time to question things.

Nobody to debate the real issues?

From the OPs link:

"They were unable to detect the planes either with radars or visually,"

Hmmm...how then do they know they were there? :hmm:

Crash site located 77N 101w

:unsure2: pays to read the whole article...

Crash site located 77N 101w ... happy diving for the remains.