Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive Soviet Build-up in the Arctic

Canrock

3 guys go apesh8t and thats all people see, a regiment that was the cream of the crop, one of the best ever ruined by the limp wrist media, no balls politicians and 3 guys who were a little over zealous, you really zinged me there.

Sure WW2 was different, technology wise, its the nature of it back then. what about the british and american navy shooting down thier own planes with thier parachute troops during the invasion of Italy, hundreds killed by thier own men. With the technology we have stuff like this should not happen, especially if they are as someone said,' The best". Your relative and you need to get a life and stop worrying about cashing in on a mistake. People who talk like this have rarely gone through real suffering, anyone who has would know that money wouldn't fix it.

And don't talk to me about professionalism when the SAS is the assasination arm of the british military.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Canrock

• questionmark

• contactismade

Your relative and you need to get a life and stop worrying about cashing in on a mistake. People who talk like this have rarely gone through real suffering, anyone who has would know that money wouldn't fix it.

And don't talk to me about professionalism when the SAS is the assasination arm of the british military.

How Rude ! :o

And I would have thought that the SAS where VERY proffesional.. what point are you trying to make here contactismade ?

Meow Purr.

How Rude ! :o

And I would have thought that the SAS where VERY proffesional.. what point are you trying to make here contactismade ?

Meow Purr.

What?

I'll let this be my Bona Fides,

Some time in the next couple of weeks there will be a news report of a so called "Crash" of a Tu160 Blackjack bomber, either in the Arctic or north sea.

It was downed a CF-188A .... what you call an F18.

Well, four weeks later :D

Bona-fides indeed :P

Meow Purr.

Well, four weeks later :D

Bona-fides indeed :P

Meow Purr.

more like bonum fidelio

more like bonum fidelio

"Good and Faithful" ? :o

Meow Purr.

"Good and Faithful" ? :o

Meow Purr.

nope good faithful, no and that would be bono et fidelio.

nope good faithful, no and that would be bono et fidelio.

Blue/Red flashing strobe-lights predominate the scene....

<from behind the police cruiser, and with a Loudhailer... >

<crackle crackle "isthisbloodythingworking ? .. oh.. ok.." SCREEEECH >

Questionmark... step AWAY from the dictionary... keep you hands were we can see them... approach the nice policeman and explain the context of your latin remark.

... slooooowly... no funny stuff..

... we have snipers...

Meow Purr.

Blue/Red flashing strobe-lights predominate the scene....

<from behind the police cruiser, and with a Loudhailer... >

<crackle crackle "isthisbloodythingworking ? .. oh.. ok.." SCREEEECH >

Questionmark... step AWAY from the dictionary... keep you hands were we can see them... approach the nice policeman and explain the context of your latin remark.

... slooooowly... no funny stuff..

... we have snipers...

Meow Purr.

Sorry Mr. Thoughts officer, what I have said is that it is not to be believed on good faith but you have to be a good faithful to believe this stuff.

Therein a good faithful would be someone who believes something because his priest told him ... can I put my hands down now?

Sorry Mr. Thoughts officer, what I have said is that it is not to be believed on good faith but you have to be a good faithful to believe this stuff.

Therein a good faithful would be someone who believes something because his priest told him ... can I put my hands down now?

Bloody Heck Questionmark... I'm not sure this board is ready for that degree of subtety, or of such fine distinctions.

You can put your hands down, but could you please hold up a placard saying "warning: subtle and astute post" when you next do this. ?

OK, move along folks...nothing to see here.... <takes down "police line" tapes>

OI plebe... that's sargeant Thoughts Officer to you :P.

Incidently, is this your car ? I can't help but notice that it's parked on a double-yellow line :P

Meow 'abashed' Purr.

3 guys go apesh8t and thats all people see, a regiment that was the cream of the crop, one of the best ever ruined by the limp wrist media, no balls politicians and 3 guys who were a little over zealous, you really zinged me there.

To let people know what contactismake and I are talking about - in the early 1990's, when Somalia fell apart into a multi-sidded civil war among the warlords, the Canadian Army's airborne regiment was sent in as part of the UN peacekeeping force. There 3 Canadian Army NCO's kidnapped, tortured and killed a Somali national (the "little over zealous"). Now actions like that happen in war. But nowdays, things like that are investigated. The problem was when the regiments chain of command ordered the men not to cooperate with the investigation, once the murder was discovered by Canadian Forces headquarters. So the unit stonewalled investigators, some even lied under oath. Those men who did reveal the truth of the murder were ostracised by others in the unit. The Canadian militarty and government decieded that due to this, the Regiment was no longer relieable. That it was so rotten to the core, with those hindering the investigation ranking from top to bottom - So the regiment was desolved. Just like the American unit involved in the Iraqi prison scandel. Don't blame the media and your own government for the disgracefull action of that unit.

I read a number of years ago, a book by a Canadian Navy officer detailing his service in WW-II. One chapter was were his ship and two others in his squadren joined in at shooting at the American and British C-47's carrying parachutist during the landings at Sicily. And how the men continued to fire even after the cease fire order was given. His ship was "credited" with shooting down 2 of the transports.

It was normal among the allies, to at least give a phone call from one headguarters to another, and applogize for a mistake. Here the Canadians refussed, even though a number of British troops were killed or wounder. They tried to blame the Brits, even though they were 2 miles behind the front lines.

Several members of my relitives served under the British Flag in WW-II (As did many of my relitives serve in the American WW-II army) Though evenyone suffered, civilian or not. Maybe being bombed out of 3 homes in the blitz is not good enough. Then they had to take care of my relitive for the next 4 decade - because one of the ,30 bullets from the Canadian Spitfire cut his spinal card. At least Canada could have paid for the first of the wheelchairs he lived in for the rest of his life. Taking care of a wheelchair bound person for over 40 years is pain and suffering for the family involved.

The SAS is the black ops of the british military, highest levels of secrecy and security. Where they go and what they do when they get there is never published. The only people likely to know are the unit members themselves(a more secretive and disciplined lot you won't find on the whole island) the PM, the commander of thier military forces and the commander of the SAS. Most members of the SAS don't even know what other members are up too most times. Thats what I mean ships.

If all the governments involved had to pay out dividends to all the innocent victims of the war it would bankrupt the world or devalue every dollar instrument. This kinda stuff happens, its part of war and thats that. Its the same with this incident, it coulda happened a thousand times, money will not make it better. Its better if everyone could just move on, in fact the whole world would do well to learn to just move on period, to much ligering these days. Today is today, yesterday was yesterday.

...... in fact the whole world would do well to learn to just move on period, to much ligering these days. Today is today, yesterday was yesterday.

And those who do not learn the lessons of history are likely to repeat them :)

Meow Purr.

There is a difference in learning from history and wallowing in it ships. Learn from it but don't let it define you.

Its logical to Rusia to do it. After years of letting their armed forces to root, they are retraining and reequiping it. The news you posted are just Rusia getting its old habits.