Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what if neanderthals live today?

Haj01

Would they be treated as equals? would they have human rights? or would they be superior? maybe they would rule world. would we coexist in peace? maybe their would humanderthal hybrids. researchers were seeing if they should reconstruct their DNA. do you think this would be ethical?

Personally i think we would treat them like inferiors. if they weren't as inteligent as us. we would probably give them some human rights. thats if they never died out. but what if they were reconstructed. and brought back from extinction then would we just let them go out in the wild and be free. or try and educate them?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Haj01

• Isis2200

• .      Alexandros       .

But they do, they just changed appearance ...

The reason why there would be no N. in our times, or that they would look totally different is that the Neanderthal was the only ever human (or humanoid for those who say that only we are human) that was perfectly adapted to its surroundings.

The reason why there would be no N. in our times, or that they would look totally different is that the Neanderthal was the only ever human (or humanoid for those who say that only we are human) that was perfectly adapted to its surroundings.

not necessarily. they could live in Earth's coldest climates. Evolution does take time so they might still of been in that same form. Also they don't exist and they havent just changed appearance. (They just died out somehow.) As scientists found no neanderthal genes in humans. and even if they did it could just be a result of hybrids.

Would they be treated as equals? would they have human rights? or would they be superior? maybe they would rule world. would we coexist in peace? maybe their would humanderthal hybrids. researchers were seeing if they should reconstruct their DNA. do you think this would be ethical?

Personally i think we would treat them like inferiors. if they weren't as inteligent as us. we would probably give them some human rights. thats if they never died out. but what if they were reconstructed. and brought back from extinction then would we just let them go out in the wild and be free. or try and educate them?

I think that the neanderthals would be p*ssed off at Geico.

they havent just changed appearance.

Sorry, if I am being ironic I should use emoticons so people get it.

in the world we live in there cna only be one human species i belive because neaderthals wouldnt be able to fit into our world food items are gone no where from them to live peacefully and they mostl ikely couldnt work in society that we have they would be outcasts in our world

In Micheal Crichton's Eaters of the Dead aka The 13th Warrior he actually bases the wendel on a relic group of Neanderthals surviving into at least the viking times. He actually mentions at the end of the book after the story that some paleontologists, scientists, archaeologists, etc...think that perhaps some groups may have actually survived that long or close to that time period.

neaderthals are mostly gone but some of their genes are still expressed in the caucasian features.. light hair, eyes, skin, high nasal bridge, deep eyes... you take 3/4 of homo sapien features and mix it with 1/4 of neanderthal features you'd get the classic european look. plain and simple... it's not an insult, neanderthals were just as smart as homo sapiens...maybe even smarter, who knows, they do have a bigger brain on average.... the reason western science will not disclose that fact is because of fear of ridicule and discrimination from other races who are much more related to each other than the europeans.... europeans as a whole.. if you were from another planet, you'd think that the europeans look so much different from rest of the humans on the planet that they must be a pocket population of a different breed or species of human beings.. hmm i wonder why? maybe because europeans carry neanderthal genes?????

Before I reply directly to your question, yes, I've been fond to this question before due to the fact that (not about) 2 weeks ago my classmates, and I researched the topic intensively & throughly (in my personal proportions) with almost every single frequently asked question about Homo neanderthalensis. Now, i'm going to give you guys a slight informative quotes, Neanderthal or Neandertal as some preferably would refer to as, was a species of the Homo genus that inhabited Europe and parts of western Asia. The first proto-Neanderthal traits appeared in Europe as early as 350,000 years ago. By 130,000 years ago, full blown Neanderthal characteristics had appeared, and appearantly, have been migrant or nomadic due to the evidence found in the African country, Siberia(Only Middle Paleolithic). Neanderthals became extinct in Europe approximately 24,000 years ago.

Neanderthals had many adaptations to a cold climate, such as large braincase, short but robust builds, and large noses — traits selected by nature in cold climates. Their brain sizes have been estimated to be larger than modern humans, although such estimates have not been adjusted for their more robust builds. On average, Neanderthal males stood about 1.65 m tall (just under 5' 5") and were heavily built with robust bone structure. Females were about 1.53 to 1.57 m tall (about 5'–5'2"). (Compared to normal Homo Sapien)

The Neanderthal or "Neander Valley" was named after theologian Joachim Neander, who lived nearby in Düsseldorf in the late seventeenth century.

The original German pronunciation (regardless of spelling) is with the sound /t/. (See German phonology.) When used in English, the term is usually anglicised to /θ/ (as in thin), though speakers more familiar with German use /t/.

Now, if Neanderthal men or women resided with us indipendently/coherently/subdiversely/etc. in my opinion they could have a 70% chance to reside with us in harmony but due to their "lower capacity" structual cranium, they might just not be as smart, or on the same level as us fluently, knowledgefully, or etiquettely. Although H. Neanderthalensis did not have the strenght or luck to survive and even interact with H. Sapiens, they were 'strong' enough to interact and even co-exist with Cro-Magon man; a theory about whether Cro-Magnon people accelerated the demise of the Neanderthals. Timing suggests a causal relation between the appearance of Homo sapiens in Europe and the decline of Homo neanderthalensis. Both the Neanderthals' place in the human family tree and their relation to modern Europeans have been hotly debated ever since their discovery. They have been classified as a separate species (Homo neanderthalensis) and as a subspecies of Homo sapiens (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis) at different times. The consensus has been, based on ongoing DNA research, that they were a separate branch of the genus Homo, and that modern humans are not descended from them (fitting with the single-origin hypothesis). There has also been a theory that N. Man and modern humans DID coexist:

In some areas of the Middle East and the Iberian peninsula, Neanderthals did, in fact, co-exist side by side with populations of anatomically modern Homo sapiens for roughly 10,000 years. There is also evidence that it is in these areas where the last of the Neanderthals died out and that during this period the last remnants of this species had begun to adopt — or perhaps independently innovate — some aspects of the Châtelperronian (Upper Paleolithic) tool case, which is usually exclusively associated with anatomically modern Homo sapiens.
--J. Diamond Edited by A1_Athlete

neaderthals are mostly gone but some of their genes are still expressed in the caucasian features.. light hair, eyes, skin, high nasal bridge, deep eyes... you take 3/4 of homo sapien features and mix it with 1/4 of neanderthal features you'd get the classic european look. plain and simple... it's not an insult, neanderthals were just as smart as homo sapiens...maybe even smarter, who knows, they do have a bigger brain on average.... the reason western science will not disclose that fact is because of fear of ridicule and discrimination from other races who are much more related to each other than the europeans.... europeans as a whole.. if you were from another planet, you'd think that the europeans look so much different from rest of the humans on the planet that they must be a pocket population of a different breed or species of human beings.. hmm i wonder why? maybe because europeans carry neanderthal genes?????

Not unlikely, but theory says that there could have been no cross-breed. They always cite the horse and the donkey. There was an interesting find in Croatia some years back that included a mostly H.N. skeleton with a H.S. skull.

I agree, Haj, they would be treated like inferiors. Just like in the Geiko television commercial that states "So easy a caveman could do it." I'm against this commercial. How dare they say that. It not only hurt the neanderthals feelings but sent him into an existential meltdown. ^_^

linked-image

What if a neandathal made sexy time with a homosapien? Lol :huh:

:o:D Hey Alexandros, btw, I love that photo of the beautiful wolf. :yes:

linked-image

What if a neandathal made sexy time with a homosapien? Lol :huh:

that would be a humanderthal. i think they would be the most superior creature to ever live on this planet. thats if they had the best features of both races. So they would be higly intelligent, very physically robust. a perfect combo i think. Because pound for pound humans are too weak and fat and lazy we rely on technology too much. So i think our next phase in evolution will make us skinny and very reliant on artificial methods for warmth.

So i think our next phase in evolution will make us skinny and very reliant on artificial methods for warmth.

Not if fast food restaurants have anything to say about it. :tu:

Edited by Naveed

Hey Alexandros, btw, I love that photo of the beautiful wolf.
Thx ISIS

I dunno if this is true, but a i know of a story that has always made scientists and people wonder.

Many years ago(50-100) a trio of hunters were hiking in the woods, they came across a hairy women that was wild. She looked human and had a similar face of us. The hunters threw a net over her and brought her back to their village.

They put her in a cage which she stayed for her whole life. over the years the villages cooked for her and gave it to her, but she always refused cooked food and always wanted raw food. They eventually tames her enough so she could be trustes to be let out of the cage. The villages tought her many things but she could only master the basics of chores and duties.

Then one day a villager fell in love with the hairy women and made love(dont ask me why). the hairy women then gave birth to a boy. When he grew up they took a phtoo of him in blac and white. He looked human just with extended eyebrows that curved over the eyes, This looked very similar to a nehandathol.

What do u guys think? ill try and find the photo.

Off course :lol:

Their offspring are alive and well today.

linked-image

linked-image

And if you dress them up a bit, they look "normal"

linked-image

Im sure genetic analysis can prove it :rofl:

Edited by Hehe

Regarding homo sapien/Neanderthal hybrids... The current evidence, based on mutation rates in mtDNA suggests that Neanderthals made no genetic contribution to the modern human population.

Some geneticists believe that Neanderthals broke from the main ape/human family tree before the point when two ape strands of DNA merged to form one human strand. This would mean that Neanderthals had 48 chromosomes like the great apes, instead of 46 like us. The result of an interspecies-mating would be a creature with 47 chromosomes. Animals with an odd number of chromosomes can't reproduce. (This is why mules can't reproduce. Horses have 64 chromosomes and donkeys have 62. Mating a horse with a donkey results in 63 chromosomes).

This is incredibly pessimistic, but I think that Neanderthals would be very much abused by the modern human population. I do not believe they could become a dominant species because the slow evolution of their culture in the past suggests that they weren't what we would call "creative". During the ice age Neanderthals had one big thing in their favor- tens of thousands of years of evolution had adapted them to the cold. Once the ice age ended, this stopped being an advantage. It would still be a disadvantage today.

It might be that the Neanderthals would be more successful surviving on an alien planet with greater gravity than earth. Sounds like a good premise for a science fiction novel.

Some geneticists believe that Neanderthals broke from the main ape/human family tree before the point when two ape strands of DNA merged to form one human strand. This would mean that Neanderthals had 48 chromosomes like the great apes, instead of 46 like us. The result of an interspecies-mating would be a creature with 47 chromosomes. Animals with an odd number of chromosomes can't reproduce. (This is why mules can't reproduce. Horses have 64 chromosomes and donkeys have 62. Mating a horse with a donkey results in 63 chromosomes).

I'm pretty sure that they don't know whether Neandertals had 46 or 48 chromosomes. Neandertal DNA tends to be fragmented and it isn't always easy to tell whether you're looking at amino groups from 2 separate chromosomes or from 1 extra long, fused chromosome.

Edited by Siara

I dont think its really fair to compare Neanderthalis to modern Sapien. It would be better to compare them to the "Archaic Homo Sapien", wich was a tad bit less smarter than us.

A huge volcano erruption happen 75000 ago, in Sumatra, Africa. Our genes suggest that we are all related to a smal group of 2000 Sapien, that lived in that same lapse of time. Those survivors probably were smarter than the ones who got whacked.

So I believe we are a step smarter than neantderthal..but our direct ancestor, Archaic Homo Sapien, probably was equal smart. Tools found in this time may contredict what I think. Archaic sapien had much more evolved tools than Neanderthal, and proved to be very creative like us. But I believe this was because of their hot, and rich african environment. Though neanderthal was very adapted, he lived in a freezing sh**hole. He could never had a rest. While sapien had more free time to think and innovate. ALso, african soils had perhaps more materials to offer Sapien, in crafting tools an such.

So the big reason why Sapien did so well when they arrived in EUrope, is because they had a pretty good "jumpstart." They were allready equipped to face the difficulties.

Grat apes have the hability to support the "theory of minds". THe hability to feel what someone else might feel. Some chimps can even play pacman!

Can you even imagine what an homo errectus could do?

Edited by Sc4v3ng3r

first of all. if you just found out from your research that your and the rest of your race's DNA had neanderthal genes, would you let the rest of the world know?

just like the religious creation based government we live under... if they found intelligent life from another planet visiting earth, would they let you and the rest of the world know?

These "archaic" anatomically modern humans were said to be larger more robust than us humans and a slightly larger cranial capacity. If you look up cro magnon or homo sapien idaltu on google. you can find info on it. If they were basically us maybe their increased strength was due to increased physical activty making their growth hormone do more. So maybe we are these species but because we dont't alot of physical activities our bodies remain small. I think if we did all the things you use to when your were a kid like lots of running, climbing and all that stuff we would become larger. because early modern humans would have been doing this everyday, to get food or running away. They didn't have tv's or cars. They were much more active.

That is probably why neanderthals aren't alive today. We are endurance runners, neanderthals wern't, we can increase our strength to match a neanderthals so we probably outdid them in everyway.

I dunno if this is true, but a i know of a story that has always made scientists and people wonder.

Hi Alexandros: Here's more info about that case. At first, they thought maybe the "Starchild" skull had a similar origin in that they thought maybe one parent was of a race like the hairy woman. Here is part of an article written by Lloyd Pye:

"Zana, an Almas type hominoid (a la Bigfoot/Sasquatch) captured in the mid-1800’s and subsequently kept for forty years in a remote Russian village in the Caucasus Mountains. While there, she gave birth to eight offspring sired by men of the village, four of whom lived to adulthood to become Russian citizens. Her youngest son, Khwit, was buried in the village cemetery (as was Zana), and his skull was later recovered and is in the possession of Igor Bourtsev, a renowned Russian hominoid researcher. Another skull has also come into Mr. Bourtsev’s possession, this one only alleged—definitely not proven—to be Zana’s."

http://www.lloydpye.com/A-BigfootDoco.html

And according to Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, here is a photo of Zana's son Khwit:

linked-image

linked-image

I think they survived and interbred.( I know ... the whole chromosome debate ) We all know some guy with a huge brow ridge lol ! I've always wondered .

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley