Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you take part in an Orb experiment ?

Bogeyman

The reason I took this photo back in January, was because I felt a presence in the room..... the orb is in the lower portion of the speaker...notice the strange reflection above the turntable...I have yet to get a satisfactory (or logical) explanation for the angle of the glare...(it's dark outside btw).....I may try some of this again WITH the turntable included....B

linked-image

halfhandshuffle:scorpions-he's a woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGqlC1UZPo

I see what your talking about,looks cool! BTW, I LOVE the Scorpions! :yes:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• She-ra

• Barek Halfhand

• JustNormal

• Bogeyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, first attempt: NADA.

Here are two pictures. The wooden spoon is something that my mother got as a special gift - she really like it. So there is a emotional attachment to it with her. She died when I was 13, some 40 yrs ago.

I covered anything and everything that could carry a reflection on it.

I turned out the light so the room was totally dark - so only the flash from my Nikon 995 digital camera was lighting the room:

1st pic: Test -

post-42730-1185337236_thumb.jpg

Then picture asking my mom to give a 'sign'.

post-42730-1185337308_thumb.jpg

Nothing on the picture. I will try again at 10PM and 11PM and maybe 12AM - but not sure I'll stay up that late or not. Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow about lung surgery. At 52, I need my beauty sleep. ;)

Ok, I took 10 seqential pictures at 10:15 and 11:15 and no orbs. I'll be glad to post the pictures, but they are no different from the ones above.

Like I stated, anything and everything that could even slightly reflect light off was covered. TV, Windows, Pictures - etc. I also cleaned my camera lense to insure no dust or lense flare. I will continue to do so over the next few nights. But I've always thought that these "orbs" were dust and/or lense flare or reflections. When you take steps to insure this, funny thing happens.... No Orbs....

I took two yesterday but saw nothing on the camera screen. I'll wait until after i've put them on the pc to judge because sometimes you'll see things on the pc that you wont see on the camera.......But initial impressions are ......a negative result.

Okay I will show you guys this. I was at my friend Beth's house in Florida that is haunted by the original owner (the whole community is aware of this). Anyway, she invited me down and later hinted to me if I "felt" anything in the house. (she's seen my haunted house). Anyway, I asked to be left totally alone in the house and grabbed my camera. After about 20 minutes of talking to the house (okay I'm psychotic-- SHUT UP) I saw a clear image to the left of me. I stood in one spot of the room, by myself asking it to appear to me and took a series of pictures standing stationary in one spot...one right after the other. Here's what I got:

Orb Image 1

Orb Image 2

Okay I never moved;just click, click, click...

No one else was around me.

What are your thoughts? xo, Jody

Edited by SaRuMaN
Added image links

NEGATIVE result may give it another go later but im not holding out much hope . I am still of the opinion that they are dusy,moisture light reflections and such but will be interesting to see the results of this thread .

I agree with jj keeping the camera stationary is a must and also covering any reflective surfaces ..

spiitual_soul79

I took pics in a spare room that my kids claim had a ghost in it. I have never seen anything to indicate there was a ghost in there.

I was going to do it last night, but didn't get it done, so I went up there this morning. Since there was light coming in from the window I

didn't use the flash. There was no difference in the 2 pics, but it was daylight, so I thought I might try to do it again tonight. If there is a difference

I will post those pics.

I didn't get a chance to do it last night because we had company from out of town and I was on the phone with Dell. <_<

I'll try and do it tonight.

:tu:

There's not a set date to do it by is there?

I didn't get a chance to do it last night because we had company from out of town and I was on the phone with Dell. <_<

I'll try and do it tonight.

There's not a set date to do it by is there?

No... just bump the thread up when anyone wants to try it. As a matter of fact forcing it could produce less effective results. If you get a feeling to try it....thats probably the best time.

Bogey

No... just bump the thread up when anyone wants to try it. As a matter of fact forcing it could produce less effective results. If you get a feeling to try it....thats probably the best time.

Bogey

my camera batteries are dead again :( ....I wonder if I need a charger and rechargable batteries? :o .......B

halfhandshuffle:Talking Heads -Making Flippy Floppy-live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLB7m_I8mDo

Why is the Response window suddenly almost twice as long? I cannot upload pictures because everything is screwed up. I went to three different computers in the house. Netscape Browser, MS-IE and Firefox. All the same. This is only on this thread.

Edited by Jjbreen

Why is the Response window suddenly almost twice as long? I cannot upload pictures because everything is screwed up. I went to three different computers in the house. Netscape Browser, MS-IE and Firefox. All the same. This is only on this thread.

Because of the size of the picture that She-ra posted. (Sorry She-ra).

Because of the size of the picture that She-ra posted. (Sorry She-ra).

Oops. Can it be re-sized? SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :(

PS: OKAY I REPORTED MY POST... Hopefully those pic's can be made smaller. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by She-ra

my camera batteries are dead again :( ....I wonder if I need a charger and rechargable batteries? :o .......B

halfhandshuffle:Talking Heads -Making Flippy Floppy-live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLB7m_I8mDo

Either:

1. You missed the UFO that was overhead; or
  2. A genuine paranormal event actually occurred courtesy of the Cosmic Joker
Don't laugh on the second one, weird EM effects affecting camera (and phone) batteries occurred very regularly at crop circle sites - how did the hoaxers do that ;)

Tried some photos tonight, no anomalies to report...

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

Either:
  1. You missed the UFO that was overhead; or
  2. A genuine paranormal event actually occurred courtesy of the Cosmic Joker
Don't laugh on the second one, weird EM effects affecting camera (and phone) batteries occurred very regularly at crop circle sites - how did the hoaxers do that ;)

Tried some photos tonight, no anomalies to report...

OR I was going to attempt Bogeys' orb experiment as outlined in the OP........funny stuff tho :yes: .....B

halfhandshuffle:Dethklok - Dethkompilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPyOFQjN03Y

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Okay I will show you guys this. I was at my friend Beth's house in Florida that is haunted by the original owner (the whole community is aware of this). Anyway, she invited me down and later hinted to me if I "felt" anything in the house. (she's seen my haunted house). Anyway, I asked to be left totally alone in the house and grabbed my camera. After about 20 minutes of talking to the house (okay I'm psychotic-- SHUT UP) I saw a clear image to the left of me. I stood in one spot of the room, by myself asking it to appear to me and took a series of pictures standing stationary in one spot...one right after the other. Here's what I got:

Okay I never moved;just click, click, click...No one else was around me.

What are your thoughts? xo, Jody

I have to honestly challenge that you did not move between the two pictures, She-ra. The evidence is pretty clear that you did. Please do NOT take this personally. You easily might have forgotten that you moved.

Picture 01:

post-42730-1185406713_thumb.jpg

Notice the angle and the FOV (Field of View) of what looks to be a "stero or something", with the orange thing on top. The clock the door way and the palm tree. Also notice that we only see the two wall hangings in the other room.... Now for Picture 2

Picture 02

post-42730-1185406852_thumb.jpg

Notice that first we see A LOT further into the next room, even the lamp at the other end of the other room. The angle of the FOV is totally different and way to significant. One would have to move to see further into the next room that we see in this picture. Plus I have to ask - what happened to the 'stero or something' w/the orange thing in this picture?

Most Respectfully - Jj

Oh, a couple of people PM'd me about Orbs and such. They realized that they had NOT taken the steps to remove, glare, flare, reflections and clean lenses. Hmmm.... Now if these are ALL taken into serious and recognized steps of consideration - I cannot help but wonder how much "orb" photos will drop in pictures? Also using a tripod to keep the camera steady.

Okay, I see your points Jj and BH.

I meant to say my feet stayed stationary; like I wasn't walking arount the room. Yes, the camera did move because I move it to where I sense something. I understand your questioning; I didn't make myself clear.

Okay the enhancement. Ummmm, might be the window. This is my friends Beth's house, not mine so I will look into that further. Let me ask you this. If there was a source that far away how could it create what the picture captured? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$...I truly am curious.

Edited to add more photos:

Okay here's the shot after the shadow one:

linked-image

((The orange and pink thing is my Vera Bradley purse. The Black thing is my wallet))

Okay yes, I found this, there is a mirror next to the door and then the windows:

linked-image

linked-image

Here's more shots I took that night:

linked-image

linked-image

Anyway, Those are my pic's. xo, Jody

Edited today to say: Don't look at the tiny dots in the stall on that last one...LOL...that's Mariah the Clydesdale's EYES. LOL!!

Edited by She-ra

Okay, I see your points Jj and BH.

I meant to say my feet stayed stationary; like I wasn't walking arount the room. Yes, the camera did move because I move it to where I sense something. I understand your questioning; I didn't make myself clear.

Okay the enhancement. Ummmm, might be the window. This is my friends Beth's house, not mine so I will look into that further. Let me ask you this. If there was a source that far away how could it create what the picture captured? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$...I truly am curious.

Jody - every play shadow games? Where you can make shadows bigger - longer - smaller and such? I have a feeling that is exacly what this is. Something very natural being effected by lights and mirrors instead of "smoke and mirrors". ;)

Negative for me too, after I got into the dark, scary (allegedly haunted) room only to turn the camera on and have the batteries die. Yeah, I tend to creep myself out by thinking about the stories my kids have told (even tho I have never experienced anything in that room).

Nothing for me either lastnight. So I think I'm going try to go to the camera story and get a power addapter for my camera. Then set it to take pictures every 5 or so minutes through the night. See if anything shows up after I go to bed... LOL.....

I'm really starting to wonder if 95% or greater of these 'orbs' are exactly what it has been suggested: Glare, flare, reflections or dust. I'm beginning to think so.