Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Bogeyman

Would you take part in an Orb experiment ?

121 posts in this topic

She-ra

I'll try again tonight. :) ... I just read the rules, duh! :) Jody

coldethyl
Oops. Can it be re-sized? SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :(

PS: OKAY I REPORTED MY POST... Hopefully those pic's can be made smaller. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to edit your post and re size them thru what ever image hosting site you are using.

No biggie. :tu:

She-ra

I did it tonight. I think I got some good shots. I'll upload tomorrow I'm too tired now!

She-ra

Okay I haven't forgotten to do this. It will get posted today however my house is full of worker dudes right now. I have some fun things to show you! :) Jody

Oppono Astos

Another night, no anomalies to report... Tomorrow I will change tack and attempt to induce anomalies by rubbishing the notion that such anomalies exist - its worked before ;)

SS79

well i tired again tonight an got nothing on the first pic . asked for anyone to show themselves on the photo an got nothing . so i was a bit bored of my camera not producing anything lol so i went in search of some regular dust i found two teddies that had been sat on a wadrobe for a few months give them a shake about took a picture and yay ORBS quite a few as well lol so i tried it with some stray dog hair i found too flung it in the air and tok a pic i got one orb there as well so my theory has to be dust moisture etc etc :o

I was gonna post the pics but dint think it would actully prove anything really other than dust creates orbs and im a little worried may not be able to resize them . and they may post real big but if anyones interested ill post them ...

blessings spirtiual_soul79

xooxoxoxooxoxoxooxox

Jjbreen

I've tried three different rooms. Nada - even w/emotional attachments to things that mom owned and loved... Nada.

Even some special china that was important to her: Made in Occupied Japan (Noritaki). We had wonderful holiday meals w/this set of china. Nada... not even a lens glare or flare.

Now I did use an older digital camera and did NOT clean the lens off - it had an 'orb' in the picture. So I'm becoming more inclined to think that people that post pics of Orbs, need to clean their camera lenses....

sweetstylin

Interesting stuff you guys!! I need to get stuff done around my house, but you guys are keeping me sitting on the edge of my seat!! LOL

I understand the "dust on the lens theory" for orbs....but I still believe. :innocent:

Here's my question to you all...

Why is it that when you get your photo taken at the photographers or have your wedding pics taken or professional pics taken, there are no orbs present?? I've not seen ONE professional pic with an orb. Why is that?? I'm not skeptical, (well, maybe just a tad!) but I'm curious to find out why this is.

:blink:

Please Explain
Interesting stuff you guys!! I need to get stuff done around my house, but you guys are keeping me sitting on the edge of my seat!! LOL

I understand the "dust on the lens theory" for orbs....but I still believe. :innocent:

Why is it that when you get your photo taken at the photographers or have your wedding pics taken or professional pics taken, there are no orbs present?? I've not seen ONE professional pic with an orb. Why is that?? I'm not skeptical, (well, maybe just a tad!) but I'm curious to find out why this is.

Some of them got orbs in it but they won't give it to you.

You would not paying for it do you?

silentsinger

Well i cant say for sure, since i am not a professional photographer, but my guess would be, that they discard any photos with flaws (orbs or anything else).

Edited by mutationman

sweetstylin
Well i cant say for sure, since i am not a professional photographer, but my guess would be, that they discard any photos with flaws (orbs or anything else).

Yes, I suppose you're right. Problom solved! Thanks! :blush:

iseek

This was taken at the uss lexington musuem, cropus crispy, this picture was taken from the hanger, outside the west wing. Their are multipules orbs. This orbs are presented at the outside. if you exam it closer. Or what do you think it is?

This ship has alot of history written, many sailors have given their life. I think this are the very sailor themself roaming about their ship?

mr.b, what do you think.

post-57614-1185689458_thumb.jpg[

Oppono Astos

As others have commented, a professional would discard a flawed photo, but a professional will have vastly different photographic equipment that will very rarely capture a particulate orb in the first place, let's consider the types of equipment:

• Professional: hi-end (and quality) DSLR and prime lenses, with off-camera flash units - probable cost USD 5K upwards
  • Prosumer: mid-range DSLR or hi-end bridge camera, usually with built-in flash - probable cost USD 500 upwards
  • Snapshot: lo-end pocketable camera with (usually auto) flash very close to lower quality lens - probable cost USD 50 (or less)
  • Phonecam: now very common, but the CCD/camera is way below true camera quality - probable cost of camera module USD 5
In photographic terms you get what you pay for! Its no coincidence that the vast majority of 'orb' photos are taken with snapshot-type cameras, all have limited shutter/aperture functionality, with lower quality lenses (often suffering internal reflections and flares) and with a flash unit adjacent to the lens; so with a very narrow angle between lens and flash - perfect for maximum reflection off particulates immediately in front of the lens, and of course way out out of focus.

In answer to iseek: your shot with the HP Photosmart does rather fall into the point I'm making, its a lo-end camera with all the associated failings of the lens/flash; its also very fuzzy/soft - was/is the lens clean?

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

sweetstylin

Okay. I've downloaded the other pic to photobucket and I'm sorry that it's done this way but it really IS interesting. The orb actually isen't as obvious as I first thought. It looks like a door knob to me, however, if you look at the face in the window pic, the orb is not there and it was taken right before the face pic. Interesting? I don't know how to tell you the timing. I don't think there IS a way....guess you may just have to trust me on this??

This is my first "paranormal" pic and so I thought it was so interesting that I just had to find a site that would find it just as interesting as I do. ;)

Here are the 2 links. I just hope someone will take the time to go and look for me. :D

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x81/swe...=fortgeorge.jpg

Sorry, I've deleted the other pic for good reason. ;o)

Thanks. I'll figure out how to re-size my pics in the future. :blush:

Edited by sweetstylin

JustNormal

I couldnt really see anything on second photo, but the first is pretty good and sure does look like a face looking in the window...

post-53813-1185748153_thumb.jpg

sweetstylin
I couldnt really see anything on second photo, but the first is pretty good and sure does look like a face looking in the window...

Thanks so much for reducing the pic!! I haven't been able to figure out how to zoom in to see the face close up either. I really am not very computer savvy in that respect. In the other photo, look to the right (I suppose it's the right, on the side of the girl in the pic) to the far side close to the edge of the photo is an orb or what I believe is an orb. I thought at first it was a door knob, like I said before, but after further investigation, I realized it could very well be an orb. In the face pic, it's not there and that part of the room is definately in that pic. It was only a few seconds after when the kids went running off that I took it. So if you compare the two, you can, hopefully see what I'm saying. Am I grabbing at straws here? lol. Could be but it's def not the fault of the camera however, I suppose it could have been a dust partical that my camera picked up??

And also, I would LOVE to get a close up of the reflection of the window(s) in the T.V. There's something on the screen but I can't figure out what that is either. Nothing paranormal I'm sure, but wouldn't it be interesting to see a close up of those windows to see if anything was looking in at the time I took THAT pic?!?

Anyways, thanks for looking and for reducing the pic for me. That's awesome!!

Edited by sweetstylin

JustNormal
This was taken at the uss lexington musuem, cropus crispy, this picture was taken from the hanger, outside the west wing. Their are multipules orbs. This orbs are presented at the outside. if you exam it closer. Or what do you think it is?

This ship has alot of history written, many sailors have given their life. I think this are the very sailor themself roaming about their ship?

Nice pic, but there are numerous orbs all over the place, leading me to believe its possibly a camera issue as opposed to spirtual activity. But I will let others post what they think...Thanks, JN

mr.b, what do you think.

post-57614-1185689458_thumb.jpg[

JustNormal
Thanks so much for reducing the pic!! I haven't been able to figure out how to zoom in to see the face close up either. I really am not very computer savvy in that respect. In the other photo, look to the right (I suppose it's the right, on the side of the girl in the pic) to the far side close to the edge of the photo is an orb or what I believe is an orb. I thought at first it was a door knob, like I said before, but after further investigation, I realized it could very well be an orb. In the face pic, it's not there and that part of the room is definately in that pic. It was only a few seconds after when the kids went running off that I took it. So if you compare the two, you can, hopefully see what I'm saying. Am I grabbing at straws here? lol. Could be but it's def not the fault of the camera however, I suppose it could have been a dust partical that my camera picked up??

And also, I would LOVE to get a close up of the reflection of the window(s) in the T.V. There's something on the screen but I can't figure out what that is either. Nothing paranormal I'm sure, but wouldn't it be interesting to see a close up of those windows to see if anything was looking in at the time I took THAT pic?!?

Anyways, thanks for looking and for reducing the pic for me. That's awesome!!

LOL No problem. I do see a tiny orb like thing beside her, but appears to be possibly a reflection of some sort. Upon looking at the other photo, I just realized there are two faces that appear? How could I have missed that..Daahhh..LOL

post-53813-1185763611_thumb.jpg

Jjbreen

mr.b, what do you think.

Based on the picture alone - I would say:

A. The lense needs some serious cleaning

B. A lot of dust in the air.

C. All the above.

iseek

JN I don't think it's the camera, it's working pretty good. But also take a look at this pics, the one with the black and white was taken from the inside of the same hanger the west side. I don't think it's the camera that showing me the problem. Duing the visit to the uss lexington ship i have still couple of more pic to show. some with and others without orbs. At the time it was windy and all hangers doors were open. But the orbs still stand still and can't tell if there are moving they look gentle and free. Thank for the info. JN. :yes: what can the orbs be or not, what is the question! post-57614-1185779624_thumb.jpg In this pic. i just show that there is no problem with the camera, that same couple of minute i took this shot, but nothing. And of course i used the light from the oustside not the camera light?

Ghø§t
Okay I will show you guys this. I was at my friend Beth's house in Florida that is haunted by the original owner (the whole community is aware of this). Anyway, she invited me down and later hinted to me if I "felt" anything in the house. (she's seen my haunted house). Anyway, I asked to be left totally alone in the house and grabbed my camera. After about 20 minutes of talking to the house (okay I'm psychotic-- SHUT UP) I saw a clear image to the left of me. I stood in one spot of the room, by myself asking it to appear to me and took a series of pictures standing stationary in one spot...one right after the other. Here's what I got:

Orb Image 1

Orb Image 2

Okay I never moved;just click, click, click...

No one else was around me.

What are your thoughts? xo, Jody

:o Freaky pic. I wonder what's in the second one.

And xD!!! Your not psychotic for talking to your house. Lmao.

I might try this today.

JustNormal
JN I don't think it's the camera, it's working pretty good. But also take a look at this pics, the one with the black and white was taken from the inside of the same hanger the west side. I don't think it's the camera that showing me the problem. Duing the visit to the uss lexington ship i have still couple of more pic to show. some with and others without orbs. At the time it was windy and all hangers doors were open. But the orbs still stand still and can't tell if there are moving they look gentle and free. Thank for the info. JN. :yes: what can the orbs be or not, what is the question! post-57614-1185779624_thumb.jpg In this pic. i just show that there is no problem with the camera, that same couple of minute i took this shot, but nothing. And of course i used the light from the oustside not the camera light?

Sorry Hun, I am no expert on cameras or photography. However there are just too many orbs, to the point I could not count them. I dont believe they are of the paranormal but possibsly dust & reflections. Many others here are really good at photography and I am not one of them lol..Great pics anyway..Thanks..JN

She-ra

Oh hell, I did this a couple of nights ago and forgot to post my pic's. SORRY!!!!

Here's what I did. All of the shot's are taken in complete darkness. I went outside and inside my house clicking away. What I did before I clicked:

I chose a totally random place. Took a pic. Said a small prayer to reveal. Took another pic.

Judge as you wish.

Backyard area:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Front Yard:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Son's Room: (My granfather's old reading room)

linked-image

linked-image

Sorry that's all the time I had to do the experiment. I promise to do more in the future! Any feedback is welcome. :) Jody

JustNormal

Beautiful home there Shera..I caught one kinda cool orb, I believe its in the back yard??

post-53813-1185851932_thumb.jpg

She-ra
Beautiful home there Shera..I caught one kinda cool orb, I believe its in the back yard??

Awe thanks JN!! Yea, that was my second pic (the first nothing was there). Actually the was the onset of my entire photo session.

Question: The third pic of the Front of my house...did you see the one orb at the very top?

And in my son's room the one in the corner of the wall just below the trim border?

Just curious. xo, Jody