Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Saddam-Capture Conspiracy Theories Begin

Lionel

user posted imageThe whole Saddam saga dribbles out in bits and pieces. It now appears that Bush claimed Saddam possessed not only weapons of mass destruction but the means to lob them into U.S. cities. In a conference call with reporters on Monday, Florida's Democratic senator Bill Nelson said 75 senators got this bit of information as part of a classified briefing before last October's vote to authorize the attack on Iraq. According to a report in Florida Today, senators learned in the secret briefing that Iraq had biological and chemical weapons—including anthrax—that could be dumped on east coast cities from unmanned drones. "They have not found anything that resembles a UAV [unmanned Aerial Vehicle] that has that capability," Nelson told the reporters. Nelson voted for the war. Meanwhile, the inevitable stories suggesting the Saddam capture was a fake are beginning to circulate. One comes from debka.com, posted December 17. Many consider Debka an Israeli intelligence site. Whether that's the case or not, it often turns up inside information about the Middle East and Central Asia that turns out to be true.

"Saddam Hussein was not in hiding; he was a prisoner," headlined Debka. The story goes on to say that Hussein was seized on November 16, and held in the hole in Adwar for at least three weeks, while his captors attempted to get the $25 million that the U.S. promised to anyone who found the fallen ruler dead or alive.

That's not the only rumor experts have had to contend with. One story making the rounds in Baghdad and Great Britain's Iraqi community concerns a photograph of two American GIs standing beside a date palm tree. The photo was supposedly taken on the day of Saddam's capture. But according to the story, any Iraqi would know that this picture was a fake, because date palms are usually harvested in the summer. In any case, unharvested dates fall off the tree before December, and even if they don't, they are brown and dry, not yellow, as they are in the photo.

Then there were questions about how the Americans could pull off such a fast DNA test to verify that they had the real Saddam.

Normally, it can take up to a month to get a DNA study done, although if you pay more money, the process can be completed in five days. On Sunday, Dr. Robert Shaler, director of the department of forensic biology in the office of the city's chief medical examiner, told Wired that he's "not surprised" by reports that Saddam had been identified through DNA in less than 24 hours. "If you have a single sample and you stop everything else you're doing, you can get it done," he said. That would occur, for example, if police have arrested a suspect and can hold him only temporarily unless DNA matches him to a serious crime.

A senior administration official at the White House acted unsurprised when he said, "I don't even know if that speculation dignifies comment."

But some are still asking questions. Why, for instance, did Hussein look so bedraggled and confused shortly after his capture? On one Arab website, a former Republican Guard officer in the village of Al-Dor, near where Saddam was captured, claimed that some believe the hole had been hit with nerve gas. Dead birds and other apparently drugged animals were found around the hideout shortly after Hussein's capture.

An official at the Pentagon said the military doesn't have chemical weapons and hasn't for decades, and stated that facts stand as they were presented in news briefings.

Told of the stories chalking up Saddam's capture as a Bush campaign ploy, an official of the Republican National Committee burst into laughter.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Village Voice

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Xenojjin

• Blood Angel

• monkeegirl

Who cares ? They probobly got him . So whats the deal with the nerve gas and stuff ?

Actually come to think of it nerve gas probobly was used . I seriously doubt america is as nice as they claim to be with their military ways .

If anyone else watched the 60 minute special that occured shortly after his capture you would have noticed an interview with a representative of the war . When asked a question on whether or not Saddam will be tortured for answers its obvious he stumbled accros his response

"we.... we.... dont .......we dont tor tor torture people ...were talking about...

Err ... ya . Whatever you say . I think it was done live and his obviously BS ed speach fully convinced me of the U.S. using terrorist methods removing any doubt in my mind .

actually torture is supposed to be a very ineffective method of interrogation, breaking their spirit and developing a level of dependence is a much better method, eg sleep deprevation is a wonderful method, stop them from sleeping and dose em up on drugs

actually torture is supposed to be a very ineffective method of interrogation, breaking their spirit and developing a level of dependence is a much better method, eg sleep deprevation is a wonderful method, stop them from sleeping and dose em up on drugs

These methods are considered torture by a lot of SF people!

An official at the Pentagon said the military doesn't have chemical weapons and hasn't for decades, and stated that facts stand as they were presented in news briefings.

Thats the biggest load of b******s i have ever heard, remember theres a big row going on in america over nerve gas thats being destroyed? They have chem weapons the same as every other country, CS gas is a chem weapon, Tear gas the list is almost endless.

And as for saddam, how long will it be before hes brought to justice, they are still trying Milosevic, over the bosnian conflict and has anything happened yet?

Thats the biggest load of b******s i have ever heard, remember theres a big row going on in america over nerve gas thats being destroyed? They have chem weapons the same as every other country, CS gas is a chem weapon, Tear gas the list is almost endless

>.> i think they are refering to illegal chemical weapons.

And whos to say what is a legal chemical weapon? Remember when chechayn rebels took hostages in that moscow(?) theater, the russian military used a experimental nerve gas to knock out the terrorists, but ended up killing alot of the hostages. CS and Tear gas work the same as nerve gas, cs/tear attacks the lungs, ears and eyes to cause extreme distress and immobilise the victim, Nerve gas (in ALL its forms) attacks the lungs and nervous systems to kill, however their have been cases of cs and tear gas killing people. To say that the united states don't have chem weapons (other than cs/tear gas) is ludicrous, especially when they quoted "they haven't had any in decades".

of course they have them, and are more than likely experimenting with them, i think he's refering to the military application of chemical weapons.

And whos to say what is a legal chemical weapon?

The Geneva convention? i dunno? i'm sure there's some rule book out there..

Tear Gas is not a nerve gas, its an irritant....its like calling pepper spray a nerve agent

In the cases of Tear and CS gas killing, ever considered its because someone might be allergic to it? Are you saying that Peanuts are also a nerve agent?

Ok the key word here is GAS, therefore its a chemical weapon,

The argue i'm trying to make here is that the US Military denys it has chemical weapons when it knows full well it still has large quantitys of nerve agents (Excluding tear/cs GAS).

Im blood angels side , The US obviously has chemical weapons and is denying they have it and saying things that overall translate to something lame like

It depends on what you would call a chemical weapon

Im not sure where , but I know this was on the news , and it was such a half @$$ed attempt on bs it made me sick... heck , it wasnt even half @$$ed . It was quarter @$$ . Its like saying " I didnt kick you ! I abruptly pushed you with my foot " rolleyes.gif

And even when it comes to illegal chemical weapons , its still probobly false . The US at very least has them in test labs intended for military purposes .

of course they have them, and are more than likely experimenting with them, i think he's refering to the military application of chemical weapons.

^ I said they would most likely have them for lab purposes

Ok the key word here is GAS, therefore its a chemical weapon,

sigh, when they refer to chemical weapons, they mean illegal chemical weapons...

its like how its illegal to use Dumdum bullets, there is a distinction made, if i sprayed hot steam at you, would that count as a chemical weapon? tongue.gif

It would be like an Army Spokesperson saying the Military doesn't have biological weapons andhasn't had them for a very long time, of course they have them in labs etc, but they don't use them in conflicts..

Ack , Labs intended for military purposes . That means they are probobly improving the chemical weapons for use elsewhere to make sure they don't spread uncontrollably .

The idea of them being in labs and labs only is just the bare minimum of what US has . And we are talking about illegal chemical weapons , what makes you think the US doesn't have the illegal ones ? When it comes to weapons , making them illegal is usually just a way to prevent others then the military from getting their hands on them .

Labs intended for Military Purposes, doesn't necessarily mean "For use on enemies", researching methods of protection would also be important:P

Even if they are researching how to use them effectively, it doesn't make a difference because they aren't using them for current military application.

When it comes to weapons , making them illegal is usually just a way to prevent others then the military from getting their hands on them .

huh? Illegal as in the Rules of war say, NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

1 . it doesnt mean they never will use them on the enemy , if they didn't have any idea on it they probobly would not be researching them

2 . Are you assuming the US actually follows its own rules ? laugh.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

it doesnt mean they never will use them on the enemy , if they didn't have any idea on it they probobly would not be researching them

what they *Might* do in the future isn't relevant

Are you assuming the US actually follows its own rules ?

no, i'm simply stating for the purposes of this arguement what an illegal weapon is

what they *Might* do in the future isn't relevant

SO logicall predicting of future events is irrelevent now ? I guess I should just get a lobotomy then since brains are apperantly useless .

no, i'm simply stating for the purposes of this arguement what an illegal weapon is

We already knew what an illegal chemical weapon was , we just think the US has them anyway .

Being a resident of the States, and having more then a few family members in the military (including my husband) i know for a fact that you're right when you speculate on the illegal weapons issues. Of course the US doesn't follow it's own rules. Did you know that we are intentionally making our own troops sick by continuing to use tanks that have irroding chemicals in them? Or that some of the weapons that they use in training and in everyday combat are known to cause sickness in otherwise completely healthy men and women? Subamarine equipment also emits a sort of frequency that kills the chromosome in men's sperm to stop them from having boys. Most births to seamen aboard subamarines are girls. Does that make the government stop the use of that? nope. Keep on keepin' on....

So the fact that a TON of troops came back from the fist conflict in the early 90's with Gulf War Syndrome, and others who came home to have deformed children through no genetic fault of their own, YEAH, the US is messing up bigtime. I'm a patriot, i support my country, but to a point. I've watched men and women sign their names on the bottom line, and train their butts off to defend a country that would otherwise send them to slaughter, if only to save a couple thousand dollars, or to test a new kind of weapon, or hell, to save the money on a new weapon and keep on using the old one that will probably cause them to get cancer that's passible to their children, should they be lucky enough to have any before they die. crying.gif

We're not just killing those innocent people, we're also killing our own. What sort of ruler does that to his own people? Oh yes, a self-imposed leader of the people who thinks that he MUST take out the transgressors no matter the cost. Even if the cost are innocent lives on both sides. At least during World War 1 and 2 we SAW the devestaion in concentration camps, and mass graves and WHY we were going after the enemy. now, the enemy could be nothing more then a "hinted" terrorist and we take out thousands if not millions of people to get that one person and call it an "accident." disgusted.gif

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, two BIG pieces of proof that the United States government is always one step ahead. Whether it be in the labs or the battlefields, there's ALWAYS something going on here. I know i sound Anti-American, eventhough i am one. I am proud to be an American, i'm just not proud what our government is doing with that freedom that we own. whistling2.gif

Well whether or not what our two countries did in Iraq is wrong (and im still undecided) at least other countries like Libya are dismantling their WMD's because of it. I really think bush is an idiot but it could turn out for the better.

Just a thought though do u all beleive that if Britain and America rid every other country in the world of WMD that we would then scrap ours?

Nah neither did i.

Hypocritical or what?

thumbsup.gif

SO logicall predicting of future events is irrelevent now ? I guess I should just get a lobotomy then since brains are apperantly useless .

It appears that yours is as you don't seem to be using it...what the US might do isn't relevant because we were arguing about them using Chemical Weapons NOW, read the initial post

On one Arab website, a former Republican Guard officer in the village of Al-Dor, near where Saddam was captured, claimed that some believe the hole had been hit with nerve gas. Dead birds and other apparently drugged animals were found around the hideout shortly after Hussein's capture.

It might be best you went off to get that lobotomy now

We already knew what an illegal chemical weapon was , we just think the US has them anyway .

well no, someone was saying that CS/Tear gas are chemical weapons blah blah, i was stating that they were most likely refering to illegal chemical weapons, just because you got it doesn't mean the other person did.

I never said the US didn't have them, I just said that they aren't being used..

course the US doesn't follow it's own rules. Did you know that we are intentionally making our own troops sick by continuing to use tanks that have irroding chemicals in them?

>.< irroding chemicals? what? Are you refering to the Depleted Uranium Shells that tanks use for fighting other armour? yes? different set of rules apply to radioactive stuff.

Subamarine equipment also emits a sort of frequency that kills the chromosome in men's sperm to stop them from having boys. Most births to seamen aboard subamarines are girls.

a frequency that kills chromosomes in mens sperm....riigghhhtt

It appears that yours is as you don't seem to be using it...what the US might do isn't relevant

What someone might do is always relevant no matter what the initial topic was as long as it relates to it . Have you ever played a strategic game in your life ? Either you are the one who needs the brain removal or you have not .

When playing something like chess you ALWAYS check to see what they might do , so that way you know what to do when it comes . I find it hard to believe that someone is out their that cannot tie these simple facts to real life . Of coure what the US might do with chemical weapons is relevant , its called predicting and thinking . I am of course not saying that is what they will do but it is a possibility of what they will do therefore it is relevant , despite whether you think it is or not .

because we were arguing about them using Chemical Weapons NOW, read the initial post

Dude , we talk about the future in discussions since that is why we talk about NOW . Do you honestly believe the future is irrelevant ? Or did you get bored so you decided to post total nonsense ?

Although I refuse to argue whether the U.S. has chemical or biological weapons, I do know there is a chemical/biological program. It would be a crime not to have a program, because in part, it is designed to counter the ever evolving world of chemical and biological warfare.

For example, if unfriendly nations were developing these weapons, I think it would be important to try to stay a step ahead. By studying the various types of chemical/biological components of warfare, countermeasures can only be tested if actual chemical and biological agents are developed.

Utopia seems like a great place to live, but unfortunately, it only exists in dreams.

As far as the conspiracy of the Saddam Hussein capture, it is obviously just a silly conspiracy theory, and takes away from the brave men and women who are fighting and risking their lives everyday for people like you and me. Instead of dwelling on the possibility of a conspiracy, we should be rejoicing that his reign of terror, along with his baath party, is gone forever.

Dude , we talk about the future in discussions since that is why we talk about NOW . Do you honestly believe the future is irrelevant ? Or did you get bored so you decided to post total nonsense ?

of course, and when we talk about the Kennedy assasination we talk about how its going to affect us in 20 years time...

I was discussing what the US is doing now in relation to Saddams capture, whether or not the US will use Chemical weapons in the future is not relevant to the discussion.

one point brought up was that the US used chemical weapons on sadaam . How is that not relevant ? , although you are right in that we have gone a tad bit off topic .

well saying that they may use chemical weapons in the future isn't relevant to the topic on hand..its got nothing to with if they used them on Saddam, or if they have used them in the past.

ANd the insult to anyone who has fought in this war or any war for that matter continues....Well so much for my belief humanity is getting smarter....

I think I am either going to develop my own chem weapons to sterlize a good chunk of the race or blow my brains out...whichever is more handy at the time. disgust.gif