Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Nigel Watson: A crowd of 100 stunned stargazers brought a town centre to a standstill when five mysterious UFOs were spotted hovering in the sky. Drinkers spilled out of pubs, motorists stopped to gawp and camera phones were aimed upwards as the five orbs, in a seeming formation, hovered above Stratford-Upon-Avon for half an hour.

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Mail

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oppono Astos

• Sam Willey

• Lt_Ripley

• Ghost Ship

Too me it looks like a glare on the camera, :-P (Im being sarcastic, just a heads up for those who would otherwise attack me) Now that is basicly skeptic proof right there, people are just hard headed and scared to believe we arent as powerful and superior as we want to be.

Looks real. I wouldn't have been able to take my eyes off the sky for more then a few sec like most in that footage, but what can you do?

There comming. It's going to happen soon.

Hopefully the Moderators will merge this with the existing thread on the topic/sighting

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

I would like to make clear that the daily mail article states that the nearby rugby club released balloons this is NOT true at all.

Yesterday i personally got in contact with Jim Leach the chairman of the Stratford-Upon-Avon Rugby Club and he assured me that the club released NO balloons of any kind and are not in possesion of these lanterns. However i agree the posibility of this event being lanterns is still a very real one and nobody should be dismissing that as a possible explaination just yet. There are many facts of this case which contradict the lanterns explaination:

1, The amount of time these things were in the air was 30 minutes lanterns only last for a maximum of 10 minutes.

2, The formation of four objects remains stationary in the sky for a long period of time as shown in the video footage available via the daily mails website.

Sam.

This wont convince the public, but it's some of the best proof ive seen yet!

The government will just deny it over and over until enough of the people who actually are smart enought to realise it may not be "laterns" decide to sit back down because its not worth the hassle.

IF the laterns are true one source said they were release days earlier

The laterns that were released were released days earlier by the local rugby club, I dont care what kinda laterns you got they aint gona hang round for days, and the wont stay grouped together.

This video looks very similar to others that are around, eventually people will wake up and realise that these things are too regular, similar and the bs fed to the public is always the same.

The light's clearly form a pattern in the video, and the pic. I can accept that somone can make a bunch of lanterns, tie them together and make these patterns. but they cant make them change formation very easily. The witnesses blow this lantern $hit out of the water by saying that they moved at incredible speed and disappeared over the horizon together

My belief is what these guys are witnessing is an alien ship (the bright solo one) making contact with earth's own ships built on alien technology. The pattern will be a communication, possibly a welcome or signal for the ship to follow them to a safer location for tea and coffee. Obviously some people - even believers are going to find this to swallow, and ive given up trying to convince those who are not ready.

If you really believe this is rockets, lanterns, flares or whatever

give me the reason's and a theory so i can blow it out of the water please, because it's so frustrating to see everyone denying the obvious

We are not alone, the government knows this! to all those that think they don't or they would let us know i ask: why would they tell you and the world? so religions can fight over what the aliens represent? so people who fear them can try to attack them? the fact is they wouldnt tell us, its too dangerous and their job is to protect. So if they are never going to tell us, dont you think its time you start looking for the signs - if you can handle the truth!

so whats it gonna be? the red pill? or the blue?

Edited by Spyda (Leigh)

This wont convince the public, but it's some of the best proof ive seen yet!

Here's my problem with "believers", you act as if these images and videos constitute proof of aliens. The fact is, you have absolutely no way of verifying the source of the lights, let alone whether they are extraterrestrial in origin or not. The only thing these images can possibly prove is that the lights are in fact unidentifiable.

Unidentified ≠ Extraterrestrial

The laterns that were released were released days earlier by the local rugby club

That statement is false please see my previous post.

Here's my problem with "believers", you act as if these images and videos constitute proof of aliens. The fact is, you have absolutely no way of verifying the source of the lights, let alone whether they are extraterrestrial in origin or not. The only thing these images can possibly prove is that the lights are in fact unidentifiable.

Unidentified ≠ Extraterrestrial

I agree this footage alone does not proove any existance of ET's whatsoever, but by the same token it shows that these event's are being witnessed by masses of people and are being written off as baloon's etc without even taking the witness' desciptions in to account.

It is my belief these are alien's. I obviously do not expect anyone to believe this on this video alone. But when you have spent as much time as I have looking at footage, you see alot of clips hold very similar properties.

What convinces me they are aliens is not the clips, its the history surrounding our ancient past, tesla, the 1940's period, and past anti gravity projects such as those run by the nazi's. Seeing clips like this simply makes me suspect they are ET's

But as you said this is not proof of anything including anything anyone else has offered as explanation, yet there they are...

cool thanks for clearing that up... i wasnt sure, thats why i put the big IF there ;-)

As there is considerable doubt as to the actual date of this event (APRA had original witness reports from 7 days earlier), this conclusion may also be flawed.

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

Can science proove that a conscience exists? they can show electrical activity or whatever but if we had not experienced a conscience science would never be able to proove exists or moreso if they did we would not understand it. I feel the same about trying to proove ET's are there its hard to proove somthing when ou dont know exactly what it is you are after...

Doesnt really have much to do with anything but the more i beers i have the more wacked my thought's become and this one just hit me, so even tho it doesnt fit right ill chuck it here anyways ;-)

I only live a few miles from Stratford.....how exciting...what-ever the UFO's were.

I wonder if they were seen by people in other surrounding areas? Maybe there will

be something in the local papers.

"ET or not ET, that is the question." ...... :P

Hmm interesting and strange :o according to that article it seems these things have been witnessed in other areas

Hillary Potter from The British Earth Aerial Mystery Society (BEAMS) said they were being inundated with similar calls from across the country but said it was rare for such phenomena to be witnessed by so many people.

She said: "Such incidents have been on the increase recently. There are reports at the moment coming in from all over the country.

Spyda... I've been on your side in the past. Raptor I currently subscribe to your perspective. It'd be interesting to do a study on b'leever converts to rationalists to skeptics. Cause to me there is a difference IMO, but that's for another thread.

The ONLY thing we know for sure is that there were lights in the sky. Whether they were a distictive pattern or not is really a matter of conjuncture. Cause ANY 4 objects can be seen to have a 'pattern'. There were lights, they lasted a durration, some moved rapidly and it was at night. Those are the facts. Thats it. No conclusions beyond this can be drawn that hold any merit on these facts. Even and especially if only to strengthen an argument.

Reminds me of the pheonix lights. That got explained pretty logically. Yet people swore it was a mothership.

Very Interesting none-the-less. I also like MoD's stance... "it aint our job to investigate past the ruling out of a national threat?... but, good luck guys!"

Reminds me of the pheonix lights. That got explained pretty logically. Yet people swore it was a mothership.

The phoenix lights have not been explained. Fair enough sightings which only saw lights may have been flares however sightings which occured during the event before the 9pm period could not have been flares as a SOLID object was reported.

Sam.

I agree this footage alone does not proove any existance of ET's whatsoever, but by the same token it shows that these event's are being witnessed by masses of people and are being written off as baloon's etc without even taking the witness' desciptions in to account.

It is my belief these are alien's. I obviously do not expect anyone to believe this on this video alone. But when you have spent as much time as I have looking at footage, you see alot of clips hold very similar properties.

What convinces me they are aliens is not the clips, its the history surrounding our ancient past, tesla, the 1940's period, and past anti gravity projects such as those run by the nazi's. Seeing clips like this simply makes me suspect they are ET's

But as you said this is not proof of anything including anything anyone else has offered as explanation, yet there they are...

OK, read the witness accounts and watch the video footage; the witness statements do not tally with what is actually captured by the camcorder, and a camera is not affected by human misperception. The 5th light that approached from the south clearly does not come "hurtling" at "breakneck speed"; the 5 lights do not disappear into the distance together, the original 4 are clearly higher and further away as they drift up on the wind - oops bit of a clue there ;)

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

That's interesting. I think the truth'll reveal itself soon, whatever it may be.

TeraLink Was Here!

What about the formation. The formation is similar to other UFO formations. Are these lanterns able to be maneuvered? If not then they are not lanterns.

Sceptics dismissed the UFOs as nothing more than hot air balloons, fireworks or even lanterns which had broken loose from a local rugby club

I think some sceptics are in such denial they end up looking like morons. the counter part to the extreame of people who do believe in ufo's.

both lack credibility.

OK, read the witness accounts and watch the video footage; the witness statements do not tally with what is actually captured by the camcorder, and a camera is not affected by human misperception. The 5th light that approached from the south clearly does not come "hurtling" at "breakneck speed"; the 5 lights do not disappear into the distance together, the original 4 are clearly higher and further away as they drift up on the wind - oops bit of a clue there ;)

that 5th object came as fast as a plane . pretty fast for a 'balloon' . a plane could explain it all , but the hovering for the length of time becomes a problem. helicoptors ? but then wouldn't they have been plainly heard ? of course they would have.

What about the formation. The formation is similar to other UFO formations. Are these lanterns able to be maneuvered? If not then they are not lanterns.

A group of 4 lights or objects moving randomly could form any number of 'formations' depending on the viewers perspective - I have other original reports (actually from the 14 July) that state these 4+1 lights formed a 'Plough-like' formation (ie the constellation of the Plough/Big Dipper); this is reminiscent of the scenes from Close Encounters, but of course a depiction of the Plough requires 7 lights...

Lanterns are affected by and at the whim of wind and air currents; if you believe that wind and air currents are constant at every given altitude above any place on the ground then you should study meteorology.