Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

UM-Bot

that 5th object came as fast as a plane . pretty fast for a 'balloon' .

I watched the video and I didn't see anything moving as fast as a plane. But without knowing the exact altitude they were at you can't accurately determine their speed. They were below the cloud line, so there's a limiting factor. It didn't seem to be moving too fast at all.

I was noting thier triangular shape thats common with UFO light formation.

I'm curious, how can three points not make a triangle? Unless they're lined up perfectly there's no other shape they can possibly make.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oppono Astos

• Sam Willey

• Lt_Ripley

• Ghost Ship

OK, read the witness accounts and watch the video footage; the witness statements do not tally with what is actually captured by the camcorder, and a camera is not affected by human misperception. The 5th light that approached from the south clearly does not come "hurtling" at "breakneck speed"; the 5 lights do not disappear into the distance together, the original 4 are clearly higher and further away as they drift up on the wind - oops bit of a clue there ;)

Remember the sighting lasted for a total of 30 minutes we have only seen 3 minutes of footage every single thing each witness explained is not going to be featured in this tiny portion of the sighting.

There were four lights making the triangle in the vid but your point is a valid one.

I was looking for the objects moving fast as well but because of the unsteady camera and maybe the missing footage it doesn't seem to be there.

I watched the video and I didn't see anything moving as fast as a plane. But without knowing the exact altitude they were at you can't accurately determine their speed. They were below the cloud line, so there's a limiting factor. It didn't seem to be moving too fast at all.

I'm curious, how can three points not make a triangle? Unless they're lined up perfectly there's no other shape they can possibly make.

There is an apparent faster movement as the videographer swings round to pick up the incoming 5th light, but how much of that is down to his panning and zooming (increased magnification means a higher apparent motion/speed); when he zooms out the motion of the 5th light isn't fast.

watch the video of the 5th object before the tree ( which is fairly dark ) - it gives you a fair determination to it's speed. it is moving at least as fast as a plane. planes can fly quite fast below the cloud line .

you forget the point of hovering .

does it coincide with the floods, just a theory but did this happen to say "hey you are thinking to small and you are destroying yourselves"

or

The aliens are running their ufos on our misery, our bad vibes create energy for their engines. just a thought

it struck me - you say they were below the cloud line yet it's stated it was cloudless. how could you know where the cloud line is ? isn't fog nothing more than a cloud ? what is the point as where a cloud can and can't form ?

as for the triangle - is it the proximity to each. me , the so called president and the moon are points that make a triangle , but we have no relation to each - our proximity keeps us from being anything more than accidental.

these aren't accidental.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Interesting, but like everything else--it isn't something that makes me believe aliens are visiting us.

They're lights in the sky. Other than that there isn't much that can be concluded from the footage. I couldn't even tell if they were moving when watching the clip. The one far to the left seemed like it may have been, but the other 4 in the triangular formation I really couldn't tell if they were or not.

The footage would have been much more interesting had it showed these "lights" moving more noticeably in the sky.

Edited by Left Field

If a UFO landed in front of them there would still be sceptics. I believe that they are real and nothing they say will change my mind. I have made up my mind so dont confuse me with facts.

There's no logic behind calling them ETs. However, there is tons of logic in my opinion, to say that SOMETHING odd is going on that we don't know about. The massive and massive amount of eyewitness accounts and pictures/videos such as this one is undeniable evidence that SOMETHING odd is going on in our skies.

I personally think you'd have to be in denial to say that absolutely nothing is going on and that 100% of this phenomena is just natural happenings such as illusions, weather, etc.

Edited by Zero of Deism

it struck me - you say they were below the cloud line yet it's stated it was cloudless. how could you know where the cloud line is ? isn't fog nothing more than a cloud ? what is the point as where a cloud can and can't form ?

Where does it say it was cloudless? In the article it says:

"The objects were there for about half an hour. It was very eerie because they didn't make any sound and they stayed still before moving slowly beyond the horizon. There were no stars in the sky, just them.

No stars suggests that it was cloudy. Not to mention that in the last two weeks England has been plagued by heavy storms, there have been deep floods across the country. Click

If I'm right in saying that there were clouds, the fact that these lights can be seen suggests that they are below the clouds. Low level clouds are typically at an altitude of 7,000ft, this places a limit on how high the object may be. Obviously the lower an object is, the faster it will appear to travel.

Even if it was cloudless, it's still going to be extremely difficult to gauge the altitude of the objects with no reference point.

Edited by Raptor X7

it really annoys me when people videotape these alleged UFOs and can't seem to stay on the damn thing without zooming in and out and shaking the damn camera, i can understand moving the camera to the other light but jeez just turn a bit instead of going out of focus shaking and then zooming back in

Where does it say it was cloudless? In the article it says:

"The objects were there for about half an hour. It was very eerie because they didn't make any sound and they stayed still before moving slowly beyond the horizon. There were no stars in the sky, just them.

No stars suggests that it was cloudy. Not to mention that in the last two weeks England has been plagued by heavy storms, there have been deep floods across the country. Click

If I'm right in saying that there were clouds, the fact that these lights can be seen suggests that they are below the clouds. Low level clouds are typically at an altitude of 7,000ft, this places a limit on how high the object may be. Obviously the lower an object is, the faster it will appear to travel.

Even if it was cloudless, it's still going to be extremely difficult to gauge the altitude of the objects with no reference point.

ahem -

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

it was a clear night. no clouds. I 've seen jets fly extremal fast at low levels. and the objects hovered in place for about a half hour. so they weren't balloons. planes. fireworks ? lol helicopters ? and no one anywhere heard them ? nonsense.

if one used the tree before the fifth object flew behind it on video , they could actually find the altitude with minimal trouble. they could go back to the same position and triangulate it. it wasn't those people who only saw it. enough data and they can map it out being pretty close to how far these things were. and because of that same tree caculate how fast it was moving.

as for no stars ? when I go Downtown and look up I don't see any stars . even on a clear night.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

as for no stars ? when I go Downtown and look up I don't see any stars . even on a clear night.

is this because you need glasses or to much flooded light? i find my eyes deteriorate and cant see the stars like i used to :(

it really annoys me when people videotape these alleged UFOs and can't seem to stay on the damn thing without zooming in and out and shaking the damn camera, i can understand moving the camera to the other light but jeez just turn a bit instead of going out of focus shaking and then zooming back in

It really annoys me when people complain about UFO footage. It seems they complain if no footage is presented (no evidence) and they complain when there is footage because its to shakey. Its very hard to keep a camera still without a tripod the video was probably done by a local resident with a small video camera not the BBC news television crew.

Remember the sighting lasted for a total of 30 minutes we have only seen 3 minutes of footage every single thing each witness explained is not going to be featured in this tiny portion of the sighting.

Witness reports indicate the sighting lasted anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes (and/or occurred over two separate weekends!), so which is correct?

watch the video of the 5th object before the tree ( which is fairly dark ) - it gives you a fair determination to it's speed. it is moving at least as fast as a plane. planes can fly quite fast below the cloud line .

you forget the point of hovering .

You are referring to apparent velocity as seen thru the camcorder (with an unknown zoom factor), not an actual velocity as seen by the naked eye. Witnesses describing motion as seen thru a camcorder viewfinder is common; an example is some video footage sent to APRA in 2004 of a "pulsating light" - this light was in fact Venus (which had been visible every night for about 2 months prior to this report), the witness completely failed to notice that street lights were pulsating exactly the same as Venus as he kept zooming in and out with the autofocus also hunting in and out as it desperately tried to lock onto something. Similar poor quality footage has recently been posted for a supposed 'UFO event' in North Wales - a classic example of wild panning and zooming to result in video footage that bears no relationship to the claimed sighting

This Stratford video footage provides no actual evidence of the objects hovering; a balloon in still air will be motionless, it is not exerting force to remain there to hover. Motionless and hovering are not the same action.

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

Want to see something truly amazing? Take a look at these threads below, which predate this incident. I've been following this "mystic" for about a year now. He posts here on occasion, but I haven't seen him for awhile now. First, here's a better photo and a link to the [video.]

Something to think about also, is the flooding going on in the UK right now is widely reported as the worst in modern times. Shakespeare is best known for his tragic plays, and oddly his hometown is where this curious sighting occurred.

"When the last Tower of Babel was built."

linked-image

"Oz came to them."

linked-image

"The wise nation sees the flash, and hears the thunder."

linked-image

"Something wonderful is about to happen, but before this, something else ..."

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by Scare_crow

Looks real. I wouldn't have been able to take my eyes off the sky for more then a few sec like most in that footage, but what can you do?

There comming. It's going to happen soon.

They are here actually ! We are them !

I think some sceptics are in such denial they end up looking like morons. the counter part to the extreame of people who do believe in ufo's.

both lack credibility.

So if you don't believe either one , why are you here ?