Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark Energy / Dark Matter

UltraLord

I BELIEVE is another DIMENSION BLEEDING IN. 5TH into the 4TH And yes I realize some will say will live in the 3RD.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• Emma_Acid

• Raptor

• UltraLord

Top Posters In This Topic

I BELIEVE is another DIMENSION BLEEDING IN. 5TH into the 4TH And yes I realize some will say will live in the 3RD.

It all depends what your notion of the 4th and 5th dimensions are.

If you take the 4th dimension as being that of time for instance, then it would be interesting when it bleeds into our 3rd dimension in which everyday people live :)

Its all very well saying this sort of stuff, but its pretty pointless if you don't actually formulate any idea of how and why they are bleeding in and to what end or effect. What is the fifth dimension? Its not going to be a dimension like our current 4 (and yes we do live in 4, something you're obviously ignorant of - I suggest you do a bit of reading).

Its all very well saying this sort of stuff, but its pretty pointless if you don't actually formulate any idea of how and why they are bleeding in and to what end or effect. What is the fifth dimension? Its not going to be a dimension like our current 4 (and yes we do live in 4, something you're obviously ignorant of - I suggest you do a bit of reading).

A fourth dimension (time) is present, but if we're going to say that we live "in" a dimension it would make more sense to say that we live in the third.

If you had a flatlander living in a two dimensional world and a three dimensional object were to pass through, the flatlander would only see a cross section of it, right? So for example if a ball was to pass through, the flatlander would first see a dot appear, which becomes a circle and grows larger and larger, then begins shrinking until it disappears. So in a two dimensional world, the third dimension appears as a cross section. If you entered the third dimension you would then see the three dimensional object in its entirety (as we know it, at least).

Take it up to the next level, in a three dimensional world the fourth dimension appears as a cross section. We only ever see a cross section of the universe (a single frame of time), if you were to exist in the fourth dimension you would see everything in its entirety, i.e. every time frame at once.

Well, that's my take on it anyway. :tu:

Edited by Raptor X7

A fourth dimension (time) is present, but if we're going to say that we live "in" a dimension it would make more sense to say that we live in the third.

For a flatlander in a two dimensional world, if a three dimensional object were to pass through, they would only see a cross section of it, right? So for example if a ball was to pass through, the flatlander would first see a dot appear, which grows to become a circle, and shrinks down to a dot and eventually disappears. So in a two dimensional world, the third dimension appears as a cross section. If you entered the third dimension you would see the three dimensional object in its entirety (as we know it, at least).

Take it up to the next level, in a three dimensional world the fourth dimension appears as a cross section. We only ever see a cross section of the universe (in a single frame of time), if you were to exist in the fourth dimension you would see everything in its entirety, i.e. in every possible time frame.

Hey Raptor, bloody excellent explanation!!!

Explain re the 1st, give an example, I thought that was great, really lol

If you had a flatlander living in a two dimensional world and a three dimensional object were to pass through, the flatlander would only see a cross section of it, right? So for example if a ball was to pass through, the flatlander would first see a dot appear, which becomes a circle and grows larger and larger, then begins shrinking until it disappears. So in a two dimensional world, the third dimension appears as a cross section. If you entered the third dimension you would then see the three dimensional object in its entirety (as we know it, at least).

Take it up to the next level, in a three dimensional world the fourth dimension appears as a cross section. We only ever see a cross section of the universe (a single frame of time), if you were to exist in the fourth dimension you would see everything in its entirety, i.e. every time frame at once.

Yeah, totally. The 4th needs to exist for the first 3 to work as we know it. So while we don't live in it in the same way as the first 3, we still "live in it". Get me? Its too early for this malarky.

Edited by Emma_Acid_88