Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radiation Peppers

DarlingNikki

So, I was lazy tonight and ordered pizza instead of making dinner. I was all excited because I was gonna order from Papa Johns so I could get that yummy garlic butter sauce. :sk Hahaha

We ordered online and got a bunch of the crushed red peppers and parmesan just cuz it was free and we could. :P

We were all almost done eating when we noticed on the back of the package of peppers was in big bold red letters "CRUSHED RED PEPPERS TREATED WITH RADIATION"

:blink:

Wtf is up with that? I mean, it's great that they're warning us and all, but is it necessary? And are all the peppers treated like this, but not labeled? Just curious. Kinda makes me mad though. <_< I love those little things. :(

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarlingNikki

• Bear's Quest

• goalienan

• swtp

Maybe they were sick.

I've never heard of that before..

I do think that we'd all enjoy stuff a lot more the less we know about how it's made.

That's why I never ask potential girlfriends about their past

I'm probably better off not knowing

ya know?

No i can,t say i,ve ever heard of that before, but some packages have information on how to contact the company that makes and/or packages them. If you still have the pack they came in have a look and mabey you can ask them to explain what the heck their doing to the poor little peppers?! :blink:

Oooh! That's a very good idea. I'll at least go check out their website. Thanks :)

That is so strange...Could it have something to do with the fireing of the peppers... :huh:

Fruits and vegetables are often treated with radiation, it's been done for decades. It destroys any bacteria, viruses or other pests that may be present, increasing the shelf life of the food. You probably eat irradiated food on a daily basis without realizing it.

A large amount of studies have shown that it's safe, but as with everything regarding modern science, there are always people crying "cancer!".

i cook all my food with uranium

Yummm :unsure2:

Does anyone here microwave food occasionaly ? (to reheat or defrost, or even to cook ? )

Know what a microwave is ? :P

Meow Purr :D

I remember watching some educational program about radiated seeds and how it kills seed from forming in fruits. For instance: Seedless watermelon, seedless grapes...etc.

Edited by Bear's Quest

I asked a friend about it and he gave me a good answer, at least I think it is. He said "It might have something to do with 'longevity', sitting on a store shelf for a while?"

Edited by Bear's Quest

Lol ima order papa johns tommorow just to see if thats on all boxes.

Besides I haven't eaten pizza in the loooongeest.

Wtf is up with that? I mean, it's great that they're warning us and all, but is it necessary? And are all the peppers treated like this, but not labeled? Just curious. Kinda makes me mad though. <_< I love those little things.

So would you rather know how your yummy food is prepared or not? That is my question for you.