Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theories on the Bermuda Triangle

MyYoungBlood

Well this is so easy, its inconceivable that no-one has come up with the answer.

At three points of the triangle, there are a KFC, a Burger King and a MacDonald's. Now obviously since space, time and matter are almost always hungry, and since they're stuck together, they have to make a decision on where to eat. When ships and planes disappear, its when one of them goes to another joint than the other two, or all three of them go to different joints for a feed.

There! Bermuda triangle explained... :D

xD

What the hell?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DДrk_Lotu§

• aquatus1

• Mattshark

• Meiliken

I think that there is a big half-man, half-turtle monster that eats up planes.

And next thing you know it's a giant Man-Bear-pig escaped from imagination land

I think it's just an example of probability.

Anytime there is an area of high traffic, the likelyhood of accidents increases. The Bermuda Triangle has been an area of extremly high traffic since the New World was discovered: Shipping lanes between the islands exporting sugar (or slaves, depending on the era) and other goods between themselves and to the mainland. And with the advent of air travel, this is also become an airway of high traffic. So, when you take into account the sheer number of planes, boats etc. in the area, and also the fact that it is a breeding ground for tropical storms and hurricanes, it's not terribly surprising that there's a large incident rate of accidents/disappearances.

I think it's just an example of probability.

Anytime there is an area of high traffic, the likelyhood of accidents increases. The Bermuda Triangle has been an area of extremly high traffic since the New World was discovered: Shipping lanes between the islands exporting sugar (or slaves, depending on the era) and other goods between themselves and to the mainland. And with the advent of air travel, this is also become an airway of high traffic. So, when you take into account the sheer number of planes, boats etc. in the area, and also the fact that it is a breeding ground for tropical storms and hurricanes, it's not terribly surprising that there's a large incident rate of accidents/disappearances.

But there actually isn't.

THEORY 1 - It is a geologically active area that creates effects naturally.

THEORY 2 - It is an excuse for poor steering/ flying by people.

THEORY 3 - It is nothing, but urban myth blown out of proportion.

:tu:

But there actually isn't.

In fact, there is actually a lower than average rate of incidents in the area. Due to the heavy traffic, this area is highly monitored, and as a result, accidents are minimized.

does anyone recall the recent thread on the main page about the documents released by russia regarding UFO's? there was quite a mention about the bermuda triangle in it. all sorts of weird things had happened regarding instruments and such...

is it true that if you were to take a globe ( or the earth for that matter ) and push a rod through the 'Bermuda Triangle' straight through the earth that it would come out on the other side in what is known as the Japanese Dragon triangle ( another place of rumored disturbance ) ?

The name “Dragon’s Triangle” comes from a centuries-old Chinese legend of dragons living in palaces beneath the sea. The actual area encompasses a triangular line from western Japan north of Tokyo, to Guam to Taiwan.

The Dragon’s Triangle and the Bermuda Triangle each exhibit the same magnetic anomalies, navigation and communication malfunctions. Reports of bright lights, volatile and sudden weather changes, unexplained sudden ocean swells, whirlpools, thick fogs and storms coincide with disappearances of maritime vessels, aircraft, and tales of drifting, crewless ghost ships.

The triangles align point to point through the center of the earth, with the same latitude and longitude. Both are located at the eastern end of large continental masses, where the sea's currents are colliding with warm and cold water, over volcanic areas. Deep trenches are another commonality with the Dragon’s Triangle featuring the Mariana Trench, the deepest known point in all the seas. The Dragon's Triangle in particular, reports an ever-changing seascape with professionally charted landmasses and islands literally forming and disappearing overnight.

Kublai Khan made two unsuccessful attempts to take over Japan in the 13th Century. Both attempts failed on the trip through these waters and over 40,000 crewmen were lost in the first attempt alone. Japan believed that Nature intervened to protect them and attributed the victories to the “Divine Wind”.

cont ...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-dragons-triangle.htm

Edited by Lt_Ripley

In fact, there is actually a lower than average rate of incidents in the area. Due to the heavy traffic, this area is highly monitored, and as a result, accidents are minimized.

haha, This is why I should read more before I post :P

To slightly fix what I said earlier, it's likely that accidents will occur in an area of such high traffic. But there is such hysteria built around the Bermuda Triangle, every time something goes vaguely wrong it's blamed on this.

is it true that if you were to take a globe ( or the earth for that matter ) and push a rod through the 'Bermuda Triangle' straight through the earth that it would come out on the other side in what is known as the Japanese Dragon triangle ( another place of rumored disturbance ) ?

Nope. You would up in the South China Sea, between the Phillipines and Vietnam.

Nope. You would up in the South China Sea, between the Phillipines and Vietnam.

haha did you just put a giant knitting needle through you're globe atlas? :P

well ok, that wouldn't work. how did you find that out?

haha did you just put a giant knitting needle through you're globe atlas? :P

well ok, that wouldn't work. how did you find that out?

Google Earth.

Google Earth.

cool.

Actually, I made a mistake. I thought I was moving 180 degrees, but I mistook 2D movement for 3D movement. My bad.

This site here is a map that mathematical tracks the opposite side of the Earth. If one picks Bermuda as the starting point, you end up off the west coast of Perth, Australia.

If the Earth was a sandwich

Perth is a beautiful place to visit...but mysterious, not so much. Good surfing though.

Incidentally, the opposite of the Dragon's Triangle is just off Sao Paolo, Brazil.

Edited by aquatus1

Actually, I made a mistake. I thought I was moving 180 degrees, but I mistook 2D movement for 3D movement. My bad.

This site here is a map that mathematical tracks the opposite side of the Earth. If one picks Bermuda as the starting point, you end up off the west coast of Perth, Australia.

If the Earth was a sandwich

Perth is a beautiful place to visit...but mysterious, not so much. Good surfing though.

Incidentally, the opposite of the Dragon's Triangle is just off Sao Paolo, Brazil.

And we all know that there is nothing mysterious in Perth, nothing at all, .... except australian beer maybe, which is a mystery in itself : why would anyone drink it :P