Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Da Vinci Code

glorybebe

Sorry if not the right area, not sure where would be the best place to put this.

MILAN, Italy (Reuters) -- A new theory that Leonardo's "Last Supper" might hide within it a depiction of Christ blessing the bread and wine has triggered so much interest that Web sites connected to the picture have crashed.

Speculation over hidden meaning in Leonardo da Vinci's famous fresco has crashed several Web sites.

The famous fresco is already the focus of mythical speculation after author Dan Brown based his "The Da Vinci Code" book around the painting, arguing in the novel that Jesus married his follower, Mary Magdelene, and fathered a child.

Now Slavisa Pesci, an information technologist and amateur scholar, says superimposing the "Last Supper" with its mirror-image throws up another picture containing a figure who looks like a Templar knight and another holding a small baby.

"I came across it by accident, from some of the details you can infer that we are not talking about chance but about a precise calculation," Pesci told

journalists when he unveiled the theory earlier this week.

da vinci

hmmm interesting article glory im going to have to look into this

The sites wont open for me. obvously crashed. can someone post the picture. i would be very intrested in seeing it.

Thanks.

hmmm interesting article glory im going to have to look into this

I thought it was rather intriguing. Da Vinci was a genius, so you never know what he had come up with.

Nice find, glorybebe.....can't wait to see the picture with the mirror image superimposed.

Aren't there members here that are really clever with computers and could do it?

Nice find, glorybebe.....can't wait to see the picture with the mirror image superimposed.

Aren't there members here that are really clever with computers and could do it?

I wonder if Barek is around anywhere?

im searching for the pic right now but the sites must be filled to the brim lol

It,s interesting but i don,t buy that Jesus married Mary Mag. and had a child or chldren with her! But i,m sure it will keep on sparking many debates for some time to come! That in it,s self will be entertaining for many! ;)

I have superimposed the image but see nothing. I have uploaded the image.

post-28694-1185571752_thumb.jpg

Another version of the mirror image. I can't think of any more ways to mirror it.

post-28694-1185572647_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Dramatist.

I am utterly unsurprised to see nothing resembling a Templar and a baby.

What exactly is a Templar supposed to look like, anyway?

--Jaylemurph

I imagine that this is what they're referring to...

post-14624-1185573849_thumb.jpg

i dunno what to make of it personally look forward to more comments on this

i dunno what to make of it personally look forward to more comments on this

Well, for all that I would LOVE for it to be true....A logical explanation would be that: int those days painting mediums as well as canvas/boards to paint on were extremely expensive. SO, the artists would paint over other works, sometimes there are 4 and 5 different paintings all on the same canvas. I think that this is a great possibility. :(

Well, for all that I would LOVE for it to be true....A logical explanation would be that: int those days painting mediums as well as canvas/boards to paint on were extremely expensive. SO, the artists would paint over other works, sometimes there are 4 and 5 different paintings all on the same canvas. I think that this is a great possibility. :(

Hi there....Leonardo's 'Last Supper'......was a fresco...not on a canvas.

Painted on a wall of the convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan.

It has been restored numerous times over the centuries....but is still probably as near

as dammit to the original.

Don't be despondent....there's going to be a lot more about this to come out.....the mirror

image thing I mean. :)

................................................................................

dramatist......I don't want to be ungrateful or anything...but I'm sure that the picture you

have used for the mirror imaging isn't actually the Leonardo painting.

It's similar....but not exactly the same.

Could you post the picture you used....if that's not too much hassle... :tu:

Hi there....Leonardo's 'Last Supper'......was a fresco...not on a canvas.

Painted on a wall of the convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan.

It has been restored numerous times over the centuries....but is still probably as near

as dammit to the original.

Don't be despondent....there's going to be a lot more about this to come out.....the mirror

image thing I mean. :)

................................................................................

dramatist......I don't want to be ungrateful or anything...but I'm sure that the picture you

have used for the mirror imaging isn't actually the Leonardo painting.

It's similar....but not exactly the same.

Could you post the picture you used....if that's not too much hassle... :tu:

Yes it is a fresco. But if he changed it in anyway or painted over another person's work, there could be another image left behind. Personally I don't find the whole married with children hypothesis all that implausible. If they could prove it or at the very least have hard evidence to the possibility I would love it.

[Yes it is a fresco. But if he changed it in anyway or painted over another person's work, there could be another image left behind.

Maybe.

Personally I don't find the whole married with children hypothesis all that implausible. If they could prove it or at the very least have hard evidence to the possibility I would love it.

I agree.......by the way...what did you think of the mirror imaging by 'dramatist' a few posts back?

Maybe.

I agree.......by the way...what did you think of the mirror imaging by 'dramatist' a few posts back?

Well, being that any digital image can be manipulated so easily, I'm not too sure what to think of it. If what dramatist showed us was just a copy from the site (which is too busy fro me to access) then I find it very interesting. Da Vinci was so smart and it seemed like he wanted to tease us and pass down info by clues.

i really don't know what to say about this it could be a fraud it may just be a problem that arises through printing i don't knowi'd like for it to be true i guess we will see in the comming weeks or months

Here you go guys (I think)

(click through the pics 1-5 towards the upper left of the screen)

The Orignal

linked-image

Reversed Image

linked-image

Reversed Image Imposed Over the Original

linked-image

Figures Highlighted

linked-image

Close-up of Images

linked-image

THANKS for that Left Field.....one thing that struck me....was how magestic

and feminine...the central figure becomes....