Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Da Vinci Code

glorybebe

I didn't think the mirrored/superimposed image on this site was very good.

Now...please anyone correct me if I'm wrong about this....but wouldn't a

mirrored/superimposed image be symetrical?.....although some of the original

might merge into the 'new' picture (as a part of something else).

Working on the assumption that da Vinci did play around with this picture....I'm

thinking how he would work it all out. He did make numerous sketches preparing

for the figures in the picture...including, I have read, sketching them naked

to get all the postures etc exactly right.

So...I'm thinking he would have sketched/painted preparations.

I think he would have had to do the 'hidden picture' first, which would have

been symetrical. Then from this picked out the picture he wanted to actually

present. It would have been quite difficult to do...but then he WAS a genius!

(or so it is said....and from what is left for history to judge, this does seem to

be the case...) :)

I'm not convinced that these were what da Vinci wanted to emphasise.

Although Mary Magdalene being Jesus's wife and mother of his child...

and links with the Knights Templar were probably part of the 'secret message'.

What I get from it.....and at this point I must thank you for the link/pictures that

you posted way back in this thread....In my opinion they are probably as acurate

as you can get. They are certainly, anyway, the best 'results' I've seen on the

internet so far..... :tu:

What I get...is that the Mary Magdalene with the hand slicing neck, on the original,

becomes the central and dominant figure. Jesus disappears. Also...if the second from

right figure (as we look at the original) is Leonardo himself. He too disappears, and this

is the place where the 'red robed knight' is supposed to be.

Whether it is just a coincidence, a hoax or whatever, it is still fascinating to me and it will give rise to more and more theories for us to discuss. :D

And IF Da Vinci was involved with the Templars or whomever, why wouldn't he want to leave hints or maybe just his opinion on how things were/might have been? This would have been the only way back then to do something in any way politically activistic (is that a word? LOL) and not get thrown in prison and tortured to repent.

Here you go guys (I think)

The Orignal

linked-image

Reversed Image Imposed Over the Original

linked-image

Also....on the original....the two figures 2nd + 3rd from the right (as we look at it...

and one of them possibly being Leornardo himself).......appear to be remonstrating

with the far right figure. They are turned away from Jesus.

In the mirrored/superimposed pic. when I think Jesus has turned into Mary Magdalene...

all the figures are NOW facing the central figure.

Whether it is just a coincidence, a hoax or whatever, it is still fascinating to me and it will give rise to more and more theories for us to discuss. :D

And IF Da Vinci was involved with the Templars or whomever, why wouldn't he want to leave hints or maybe just his opinion on how things were/might have been? This would have been the only way back then to do something in any way politically activistic (is that a word? LOL) and not get thrown in prison and tortured to repent.

I agree......it must have been almost impossible to speak out against the 'established'

church in those days. Without being persecuted, imprisoned and tortured.

I'm not convinced about this person holding a baby thing. It's too easy to realize it's simply the character from the other side just flipped around. That's all it appears as to me.

The knight on the left side is neat to look at--I will admit that much. Hard to say if that's an effect that was meant to be however.

About the "baby" - as I did the progressive tranparent overlay - the baby is actually the head of one of the apostle's and the hand of another. Nothing more and nothing less. The "Knight" is again the overlay shadow of the two individuals making this 'person'. U would get this if you had any two people on opposite sides overlayed like this.

Honestly! To me it just looks like one Apostle has the other in a headlock!? Thats all. :hmm:

It does kind of look like that....I wonder which apostle has which apostle in a headlock!!!

(in the proposed 'hidden' picture.) Leonardo must have used actual historical characters

for the 'original'.

It also looks more like a skull than a baby to me.

[if anyone has hugeO images of these images - would u supply a linking again plzzz... I have two of three - I need a huge of the original ..thought there was one but I mighta missed it. I'll check back too.

I know...it's frustrating. I've printed some off but they're not as clear (or big) as I'd like. :)

a new, new Da Vinci mystery....

http://www.geocities.com/callanmitchell/Da...s_revealed.html

Even more hidden messages???

Good grief - give it a rest -

U have a serious over active imagination at work here.

I can create images like this as well from just about ANY pictures when I do this - it's call the Kalidscope Effect.

When i was in kindergarten i put some paint on a piece of paper. Just ordinary paint on ordinary paper. And then..............I folded it in half. :o and guess what?? When I opened it, it looked like a butterfly. Ever since then they called me carlos davinci.

When i was in kindergarten i put some paint on a piece of paper. Just ordinary paint on ordinary paper. And then..............I folded it in half. :o and guess what?? When I opened it, it looked like a butterfly. Ever since then they called me carlos davinci.

Having done this at so early an age, you are clearly the Grand Master of the Knights Templar and a leader of the NWO.

--Jaylemurph

Has anyone noticed that Dramatists reverse image is actually different to the one the has the "amazing" images on?

Dramatist flipped the image, then super imposed it. Doing this gives nothing spectacular.

The image doing the rounds was flipped, moved to the left a little bit, then super imposed. Then, SHOCK!! something can almost be made out a bit. So there, thats it, debunked very very easily. Leo didnt create a painting that, when flipped then super imposed, would reveal a baby and a sort of guy in red.

Thought popular culture was smarter than that.

Definately would of thought the guys and gals who have posted here for a while would of seen that.

Are we sure we understand the difference between merely REVERSING an image and an images MIRROR IMAGE?

I know that when I stand in front of a mirror with another person, we don't magically switch positions in the mirror.

And we don't see ourselves upside down.

So I have no idea what those simple image reversals and superimpositions are supposed toshow.

If you super impose a mirror image exactly, the image would not look any different. A mirror image only looks different due to differing persepctive. once that differing perspective is removed (i.e. the two images are at the same place again) the mirror image is the same as the original.

Seriously peeps, If i'm wrong, shoot me down!!! (with examples!!)

We need to open a gallary for you - paste your name all over the world - world wide press - CNN - Fox News - CBS - NBC - ABC and oh the SCI-FI Channel and Discovery Channel. Hell maybe even National Geographic Channel!

Playboy - Life - Times - magazines --- this is :w00t: WOW!!!!!

Can I have an orginal???? Please.... :)

We need to open a gallary for you - paste your name all over the world - world wide press - CNN - Fox News - CBS - NBC - ABC and oh the SCI-FI Channel and Discovery Channel. Hell maybe even National Geographic Channel!

Playboy - Life - Times - magazines --- this is :w00t: WOW!!!!!

Can I have an orginal???? Please.... :)

LOL

It seems that I can't leave the mirror image thing alone just yet. I started to think of other works of art that might have similar properties when mirrored. Given that Poussin's Shepherds at Arcadia painting has a number of mirror image engravings about (Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire, England being the most famous), was this possibly a clue that the same technique should be used on it? Here's what I came up withpost-54509-1186674127_thumb.jpg

Looks like there's a heart or sacred heart at the center of the tomb. Here's an enlargement of that area of the painting. Any thought out there?

post-54509-1186674165_thumb.jpg