Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Da Vinci Code

glorybebe

da vinci never lived in the time of jesus so how the hell is anything he paints a code or whatever he wasnt eve there to paint it properly its just in his mind and he is quite mental

da vinci never lived in the time of jesus so how the hell is anything he paints a code or whatever he wasnt eve there to paint it properly its just in his mind and he is quite mental

I think that says it all right there...

Poussin's artwork, anyway, was extremely formalized and deliberately symmetrical, so I'm not at all sure your finding is meaningful.

What's more important is that the shepherds are clearly looking out to their observers.

--Jaylemurph

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm somethings really bothering me about the mirrored/inverted picture.

What im more interested in, is the fact that Jesus' image is so very symmetrical with the door, even though he was painted quite off centre.

But the triangle image created when its mirrored is what gets me.

For me, the triangle is very similar to another triangle symbol.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6858/eye21zyvy2.jpg

Notice how both are glowing at the tip of the shape.

This may be down to coincidence, but i find it very interesting. Especially as there seem to be many connections between Da Vinci and "secret societys".

Hmmm somethings really bothering me about the mirrored/inverted picture.

What im more interested in, is the fact that Jesus' image is so very symmetrical with the door, even though he was painted quite off centre.

But the triangle image created when its mirrored is what gets me.

For me, the triangle is very similar to another triangle symbol.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6858/eye21zyvy2.jpg

Notice how both are glowing at the tip of the shape.

This may be down to coincidence, but i find it very interesting. Especially as there seem to be many connections between Da Vinci and "secret societys".

Everybody! Quickly, pick any of the images - original or reversed or flipped, it doesn't matter - and right above the figure of Jesus in the ceiling beams someone carved "Paul is dead." But in Italian, I ain't kidding ya.

Well, not to be rude, but finding triangular arrangement in an Italian Renaissance painting is hardly detective work.

Now, linking that with with an unfinished pyramid -- that needs some explaining.

--Jaylemurph

Well, not to be rude, but finding triangular arrangement in an Italian Renaissance painting is hardly detective work.

Now, linking that with with an unfinished pyramid -- that needs some explaining.

--Jaylemurph

Especially because the renaissance artists were entranced by geometrical arrangements.... ;)

• 6 years later...

It seems that I can't leave the mirror image thing alone just yet. I started to think of other works of art that might have similar properties when mirrored. Given that Poussin's Shepherds at Arcadia painting has a number of mirror image engravings about (Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire, England being the most famous), was this possibly a clue that the same technique should be used on it? Here's what I came up withpost-54509-1186674127_thumb.jpg

Looks like there's a heart or sacred heart at the center of the tomb. Here's an enlargement of that area of the painting. Any thought out there?

post-54509-1186674165_thumb.jpg

Interesting comments about mirror images or reversed approach in Da Vinci's works.

The Shugborough Hall mirror image of Poussin's 'Shepherds of Arcadia' with its enigmatic letter code was investigated a few

years ago and a number code seems to have been considered by Bletchley Park codebreakers, of WW11 fame, as the most

likely explanation of the code.

Any UM users get any further with this idea ?

bah! necroposter!

Unexplained Mysteries are just that. So maybe of interest to many people

until they are explained - and this one has not yet been explained.

Interesting comments about mirror images or reversed approach in Da Vinci's works.

The Shugborough Hall mirror image of Poussin's 'Shepherds of Arcadia' with its enigmatic letter code was investigated a few

years ago and a number code seems to have been considered by Bletchley Park codebreakers, of WW11 fame, as the most

likely explanation of the code.

Any UM users get any further with this idea ?

Good heavens, how did I miss nine whole word wars? Even Doctor Who only got around to six.

--Jaylemurph

What I'm wondering, laver, is why you would respond to a post written over six years ago. I don't know if Grail Seekers is even active anymore.

Yes, indeed: necroposting!

Jaylemurph, all of those wars happened but the last nine were hidden by the Dark Cabal of World Government. I know of them only because I am one of their agents. And now that I've written this, all of those who read it must be dispatched most unmercifully. :devil:

What I'm wondering, laver, is why you would respond to a post written over six years ago. I don't know if Grail Seekers is even active anymore.

Yes, indeed: necroposting!

Jaylemurph, all of those wars happened but the last nine were hidden by the Dark Cabal of World Government. I know of them only because I am one of their agents. And now that I've written this, all of those who read it must be dispatched most unmercifully. :devil:

Simply, I came across another reference to the Shugborough code and Poussin's 'Les Berger's d' Arcadie' in reverse form and recalled that when

Bletchley Park codebreakers looked at the mystery a few years ago several solutions were suggested one of which was a number code by I think an American

researcher. Very few details were given at the time and I wondered what became of this proposal. How to find out ?

So I put Shugborough Hall into the UM search system and up came this thread. Rather than start a new thread and explain the background again

I just asked the question on this old but apparently still active thread. It seems a sensible way to just possibly find out more from any UM users who

may know more about this strange and as yet unexplained mystery.

I don't expect you and Jaylemurph have missed many 'word' wars - but 1 + 1 = 2....

According to the book 400,000 years of Stone Age Science, the last supper has a hidden image of Jesus hidden in the pillar.

The painting also has a large number of hidden astronomical values

It can be seen in this link Just open the preview and scroll through until you see the painting.

http://www.amazon.com/400-years-Stone-Science-ebook/dp/B00GEMMKGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383491656&sr=1-1

According to the book 400,000 years of Stone Age Science, the last supper has a hidden image of Jesus hidden in the pillar.

The painting also has a large number of hidden astronomical values

It can be seen in this link Just open the preview and scroll through until you see the painting.

http://www.amazon.co...83491656&sr=1-1

...why would there be a hidden image of Jesus in a pillar when there's already a perfectly visible Jesus in the middle of the image?! Not that I want to given any impetus to your desire to hijack this thread to shill your website. I refer you to other threads where da Vinci's motives and techniques are thoroughly discussed (with citation), none of which backs up this non-sense. Come back and talk to us when you know what you're talking about.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Da Vinci was and is awesome.he always left clues in his works

Leonardo was indeed remarkable. Which is why he deserves to be understood and appreciated as he really was for what he really was, a man of his times, and not the dupe of every idiot's lame conspiracy theory or as some sort of comic book super-genius.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Da Vinci was and is awesome.he always left clues in his works

Yes an amazing mind.

Most artists use their works to express their ideas, and sometimes feelings, so he was by no means the only artist who

might have left clues in his works. There is little doubt that Da Vinci did this as can be seen in many of his creations but

to interpret what he may have been conveying is not so straightforward.

He lived at a time of extreme bigotry by much of the establishment, some of which is unfortunately still evident today, but

his art was a way of expressing his ideas.

Poussin is another artist whose paintings have been credited with hidden messages, the most well known being the

'Shepherds of Arcadia' - Et in Arcadia Ego - which is displayed, in reverse, on the Shugborough Hall monument with the

enigmatic letter code.

It has been established by an art expert that the second version of this painting, there are 2 versions, the first being now at

Chatsworth in Derbyshire, is based on a geometric design using pentagonal geometry and the Golden Mean or ratio.

So the mysterious letter code at Shugborough Hall may be an important clue to the messages that Poussin was putting into his art

with the clear intention that at some time in the future we would 'get the message'.

This must have also been the intention of Leonardo da Vinci with his clues.

The Shepherd's Monument at Shugborough in Stafforshire designed and built about 1750 with its strange code may be an important clue

as it would appear that the designer(s) of this structure had already 'got the message'.

Some of this was included in the book 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail' and much more recently in Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'

much to annoyance of reactionary elements of the establishment; but maybe we can now unravel these important clues from the past

and find out what they mean.

Note - If you go to Shugborough Hall recommend you don't just look at the monument - there is lots else of interest in the Hall and on the

Estate.

Some of this was included in the book 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail' and much more recently in Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'

much to annoyance of reactionary elements of the establishment; but maybe we can now unravel these important clues from the past

and find out what they mean.

You forgot to mention the part about this book where the authors admit they were duped and that the entire thing is a hoax.

But you make the same "mistake" as Dan Brown in "forgetting" that part of the story.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Sorry if not the right area, not sure where would be the best place to put this.

MILAN, Italy (Reuters) -- A new theory that Leonardo's "Last Supper" might hide within it a depiction of Christ blessing the bread and wine has triggered so much interest that Web sites connected to the picture have crashed.

Speculation over hidden meaning in Leonardo da Vinci's famous fresco has crashed several Web sites.

The famous fresco is already the focus of mythical speculation after author Dan Brown based his "The Da Vinci Code" book around the painting, arguing in the novel that Jesus married his follower, Mary Magdelene, and fathered a child.

Now Slavisa Pesci, an information technologist and amateur scholar, says superimposing the "Last Supper" with its mirror-image throws up another picture containing a figure who looks like a Templar knight and another holding a small baby.

"I came across it by accident, from some of the details you can infer that we are not talking about chance but about a precise calculation," Pesci told

journalists when he unveiled the theory earlier this week.

da vinci

You might want to read Donovan Joyce's "The Jesus Scroll - A time bomb for Christianity" ? (1973)

Although Dave Brown never mentioned that book, I am quite sure it must have been one of his sources.

You forgot to mention the part about this book where the authors admit they were duped and that the entire thing is a hoax.

But you make the same "mistake" as Dan Brown in "forgetting" that part of the story.

--Jaylemurph

You may wish to try and dismiss the whole thing as a 'hoax' but people now look at the work of artists like Da Vinci and Poussin

and others in a different light because they were clearly leaving messages for us to interpret.

Of course the 'reactionary element' will try and debunk anything that might affect their particular view or beliefs but there has never been

a time when so many millions of people are, quite rightly many would say, questioning the validity of the 'official' version of events and beliefs

from the distant past and often seeking a better spirituality.

If you should be a supporter of this 'reactionary element' you might care to consider whether you are in the wrong camp

as these alternative ideas may soon take precedence.