Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Easter Island

LucidElement

Hey Guys, Easter Island Is The Most Remarkable Tourist Attraction I Believe, The Fact That Everyone Stone Came From A Different Part Of The World Just Blows My Mind, How Do You Guys Think They Got 150 Ton Stones Over The Seas From All Different Parts Of The World, Then Assembled Them To Be 12-Feet Tall Or So???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atlantis Rises

• Kismit

• moe eubleck

• thefirstman

The Fact That Everyone Stone Came From A Different Part Of The World Just Blows My Mind, How Do You Guys Think They Got 150 Ton Stones Over The Seas From All Different Parts Of The World, Then Assembled Them To Be 12-Feet Tall Or So???

wacko.gifwacko.gif Never heard of that before dontgetit.gif

Hey Guys, Easter Island Is The Most Remarkable Tourist Attraction I Believe, The Fact That Everyone Stone Came From A Different Part Of The World Just Blows My Mind, How Do You Guys Think They Got 150 Ton Stones Over The Seas From All Different Parts Of The World, Then Assembled Them To Be 12-Feet Tall Or So???
The statues where actually carved from volcanic rock which was gotten(tierd brain needs a better word can't think) from the opening of a dormant volcano on the Island . Information courtesy of Ripley's Believe it or not Blasts from the Past they actually weigh around 16-20 ton... still no mean feet to shift ....

They were forged with ancient knowledge -- knowledge now lost to but a few.
No they wern't ......... Unless you consider the now less comonly used ancient hammer and chisels forgotten knowledge huh.gif

They were, of course, put there by aliens to mark a landing strip.........

Merry Christmas! cool.gif

thumbsup.gif YEah! Easter island is a hit tourist attraction amongst us aliens! alien.gif

Maybe they are selfportraits of aliens,with their big heads and 16ton bodies:P

No they wern't ......... Unless you consider the now less comonly used ancient hammer and chisels forgotten knowledge huh.gif

Thefirstman: They're supposed to be portraits of gods.

Kismit: Exactly. With what technology we have now, d'you think the master craftsmen in the world today can exactly reproduce this feat of wonder with primitive tools and w/in the time alloted? I think not. And you misunderstood my meaning.

Oh.....Atlantis Rises,there is this wonderful thing calledd humor,it does wonders for you and others,you should learn it sometime wink2.gif

Oh.....Atlantis Rises,there is this wonderful thing calledd humor,it does wonders for you and others,you should learn it sometime wink2.gif

alien.gif

The statues where actually carved from volcanic rock which was gotten(tierd brain needs a better word can't think) from the opening of a dormant volcano on the Island .

Which were aquired perhaps? original.gif

Kismit: Exactly. With what technology we have now, d'you think the master craftsmen in the world today can exactly reproduce this feat of wonder with primitive tools and w/in the time alloted? I think not. And you misunderstood my meaning.

What was the allocated time please?

I'm no expert but If a culture has enough time to desimate an Island it probably has a reasonable amount of spare energy . The real mystery to easter Isalnd is why ? Why would a race of people care so little about the land and yet care so much for it's gods ?

Benjo thank-you aquired is a much tidier term original.gifLink to previous thread

The people of Easter Island are a mystery and why they disappeared so mysterious is also a mystery to a certain extent like the island of Ronoak. No one REALLY knows how long it took to craft such wonders. However, estimated time is measured to the monument at Stonehedge. And are just as baffling.

Indeed , Atlantis Rises. The people of Stonehenge are a mystery and why they disappeared so mysterious is also a mystery to a certain extent that happens to be a mystery among mysteries.

Woodhenge Is yet another mysterious mystery. It lies on the outskirts of the mysterious Stonehenge and it makers are lost in the mysteries of time.

TamponHenge is the third major henge of all mysterious henges that are veiled in the misty mystery that is history.

and lastly but not leastly, we have a mysterious henge known only as MeatHenge.

"will that be all Moe?" you ask

"ah yes," Moe relplies " But the ultimate question to this mysterious mystery is:

What the @#$#@!! IS a 'henge' anyways'????"

There has been some clues as to who built stonehenge. They think that it was druid's and they were mercilessly hunted by the roman's. T

The people of Easter Island are a mystery and why they disappeared so mysterious is also a mystery to a certain extent like the island of Ronoak. No one REALLY knows how long it took to craft such wonders

i think the tree have been cut to make a wheels in case to move the statue to where their want to at Easter island..that why there's no tree covered at the island now.

all we can see now just grass..

i think The people of Easter Island have been catched by British sailor long long time ago who just land there..and sells them as ('Kunta-Kinte') slaves to America..

Well,i never go there..i just see it on my tv.

and..it just my opinion. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

i think The people of Easter Island have been catched by British sailor long long time ago who just land there..and sells them as ('Kunta-Kinte') slaves to America..

It was the Dutch who sold the women and children as slaves in South America, not the British.

Indeed , Atlantis Rises. The people of Stonehenge are a mystery and why they disappeared so mysterious is also a mystery to a certain extent that happens to be a mystery among mysteries.

Woodhenge Is yet another mysterious mystery. It lies on the outskirts of the mysterious Stonehenge and it makers are lost in the mysteries of time.

TamponHenge is the third major henge of all mysterious henges that are veiled in the misty mystery that is history.

and lastly but not leastly, we have a mysterious henge known only as MeatHenge.

"ah yes," Moe relplies " But the ultimate question to this mysterious mystery is:

Moe, you suit your avatar. w00t.gif

If trees had been cut down there would be evidence of them.

It would also have been documented by the british as we were very meticulour about these things.

The fact that there are no trees is probably because of where the island is situated.

Airflow an such like not carrying seed to the island. That is also just in my opinion thumbsup.gif

Moe a "Henge" is the same thing as a "Hedge" only with a "N" instead of a "D". I think blink.gif But what I want to know is why if a civilization was advanced enough to build those type of statues, and were obviously a warlike culture; why not use the manpower and energy to conquering more territory? But then the same could be said of the Cathederals built during the Middle Ages.

• 9 months later...

well "Easter Island" happened like i think 2,000 BC or AD ... but the island is said to never have any trees on it, and it was of course ran by the islanders.. there are theories of sure if there were trees peoplle rolled the statues to where they wanted but HOW CAN THEY PICK UP 14 TONS OF ROCK AND STAND THEM UP WHEN THEY were like 12-14 feet tall.. and espically carve them soo perfecttly.... its an amazing discovery and yet an amazing mystery!