Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted church and bible

cthulhu.

Near wear I live there is an old church back in a forrest, inside of the church is an old bible that sits on the alter, it's said that if you try to take the bible away from the church, the farther away from the alter you get the heavier the bible becomes. Friends of my mother went to this church and took a picture of the bible once and in the picture you can clearly see a floating candel though none were in the church at the time. creepy huh?.

Edited by Crowe

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cthulhu.

• Pinchey the Penguin

• Princess Serenity

• Steve The Bigfooted Hippie

Near wear I live there is an old church back in a forrest, inside of the church is an old bible that sits on the alter, it's said that if you try to take the bible away from the church, the farther away from the alter you get the heavier the bible becomes. Friends of my mother went to this church and took a picture of the bible once and in the picture you can clearly see a floating candel though none were in the church at the time. creepy huh?.

Pretty cool. You know what you should try lol ....................... :innocent:

Gene

I agree with Gene you should go to the church with a couple of friends and try and take the bible. Sometimes what people say cant be trusted, just a hint. :P

Good luck!

Get some people to go with you and record the experience on a video camera.

Oh cool story. I love stories like these. Thanks for sharing.

Now I want to do my own exprience with the book.

I have a bible that I got a garage sale, dated back to 1844..It is huge and heavy, so I can only imagine the one in this church. Do you think your mom might be able to ask her friends if they still have the pic. That would be so interesting to see..

Yes, very creepy.

My dad was a poor "country boy" from Oklahoma, and as honest as the day is long. There's no way my dad would ever tell a lie. The very idea is ridiculous. (Take my word on that, please.)

Anyway, when I was young, my dad told me when he was about 12 years old, there was a rumor in his home town that there was a haunted house far back in the woods. He said the rumor was, if anyone hung a calendar on the wall of the house, the calendar would catch on fire. Therefore, my dad and his 2 brothers hiked through the woods to the house one day, which took them an hour, and they hung a calendar on the wall. The next day they hiked back to the house, and found that the calendar was charred and black, with the pages rolled up, and a pile of black ashes on the floor beheath it. My dad said him and his 2 brothers ran practically all the way through those woods getting back home.

So the Bible story could be true.

Well see, I can't go because my mom thinks that the church got torn down but I'm going to see if I can't find something on google right now... :yes:

Sorry, but I can't find it anywhere, I'll see if I can borrow the pic and post it when I can mmmkay

Edited by Crowe

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever tried it?

There is a legend like this one, almost word for word, in my home town. Supposedly, the church is seven miles south of the airport.

Can you show us the picture? Do you have it still?

I would soooo give it a go...you live near by prove everyone wrong

Thats a bit of a strange story...I like it, could you try and take the bible? And Please(!) get that pic!

Edited by Nessieman23

• 2 weeks later...

This is what you should do get a weight tester like in iga and put it on there put the weight tester on wheels and see what happens.

• 9 years later...