Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone Know This Movie

SunnyOutlook

I believe it was in the 1970s and I saw this movie that really scared me (keep in mind I was only a kid). Anyway, it was about a group of friends, college age I think, staying at a cabin and trying to scare each other with scary stories. When one kid started to tell a story, the movie would enact the story with the characters that were in the cabin. There is one story in particular they told where even someone tried to stay in a haunted house, they would be found completely insane. At the end of the movie, something awful happens to all the kids in the cabin.

Any ideas what the name of this movie is? I might have been one of a few that even saw it. I have never seen the movie again in all these years.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunnyOutlook

• SoLLiZ

• Nocturnal

• pimppapa1977

are u talkin bout evil dead

No. It's an older movie and it's about a group of college aged kids going to a cabin to have college aged kid fun. It's not a hack and slash movie in the sense most people would think of that genre. Each story one of the kids told would be acted out, kind of like a story within a story. The characters in the story they told would be played out by the one or two of the kids on their "cabin adventure". This was before movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. became the way of the horror genre.

Curse you. I know the movie, but the name eludes me. It's going to be driving me nuts for days.

GARRRR!!!!!!! It's right on the tip of my tongue to.

Curse you. I know the movie, but the name eludes me. It's going to be driving me nuts for days.

GARRRR!!!!!!! It's right on the tip of my tongue to.

Please tell me if you think of it. After all the movies that get repeated over and over, I have never seen this movie again and I usually look for old movies.

Is it "Screams of a Winter Night"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079869/

That might be it. The one scene in the movie I remember was one of the characters told a story about a haunted house. The story goes that once someone enters either they go insane or they never come out. Anyway, one of the male characters is shown in a room trying to hit at a light bulb that had an eerie green cast to it. The boy was clearly insane.

If this is the same movie, then that's it. I've tried looking at different searches with the title you provided, but the synopsis of the movie aren't that detailed.

Thanks, though! If anyone else comes across something similar, please don't hesitate to post your thoughts!!

I'll flag this for Nightmist, she and her brother are scarymoviebuffs ;)

Edited by Dewlanna

I'll flag this for Nightmist, she and her brother are scarymoviebuffs ;)

That's awesome! Thanks! :tu:

edited for spelling (I hate it when I do that) :blush:

Edited by SunnyOutlook

Sounds like the right one...

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/r...internight.html

#2 seems to end with some frat boys dancing around a green light or something.

That is it! How exciting. The review of it was scathing, however, I'd like to think that this might have been the beginning of the Friday the 13th movies. Whoever wrote those movies must have thought, "I could do better than this movie!"

Anyway, I was just a wee teen back then, so I remember it scaring me. Fortunately, my taste in all things regarding art (movies included) have sophisticated. I would still like to see it again just because. I have only seen it that one time and the story with the green light bulb has stuck with me.

Thanks, Nocturnal!

I believe it was in the 1970s and I saw this movie that really scared me (keep in mind I was only a kid). Anyway, it was about a group of friends, college age I think, staying at a cabin and trying to scare each other with scary stories. When one kid started to tell a story, the movie would enact the story with the characters that were in the cabin. There is one story in particular they told where even someone tried to stay in a haunted house, they would be found completely insane. At the end of the movie, something awful happens to all the kids in the cabin.

Any ideas what the name of this movie is? I might have been one of a few that even saw it. I have never seen the movie again in all these years.

Hey, check out this link:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/r...internight.html

That is absolutely the movie. I actually went to see if I could rent it somewhere. It must be too old or too bad to for public rental.

Have you ever started watching a movie that was so bad that you couldn't stop watching it. I wasted two hours of my life Sunday morning watching "Alien Abduction". I couldn't tear myself away from it, it was like one of those horrific car accidents you drive by and you know you shouldn't look, but you do. I kept thinking surely the person directing understood what he or she was doing was absolutely horrendous. I felt sorry for the actors having to act in something like that. They either needed the money or needed to meet the requirements in order to get their SAG card. Of course, I will never get those two hours back. I've said this before, they'll show anything on the SciFi channel.