Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Deadly' petrol roller skates

Owlscrying

August 2

U.K. - A consignment of potentially deadly petrol-powered roller skates have been impounded amid fears they could end up being used on the streets.

Fifty pairs of the skating shoes from China were on their way to Bournemouth, when Customs & Excise tipped off Trading Standards.

A 5kg petrol motor drives the fifth wheel on the back of the right skate. A hand-controlled throttle powers the motor.

The adapted inline blades travel at speeds of up to 20mph with no way of braking.

The plastic petrol tank also prompted fears that it could explode - along with the skater

Police also warned it would seize the skates and consider prosecuting anyone wearing them on the streets, and they are banned from the seafront and public parks.

go

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• nativechick1989

• GoGoGodzilla

• chemical-licker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you want to stop you wait till you run out of gas or run into something? :hmm: Not exactly well thought out were they!? :no: But i,m sure there,s no shortage of :wacko: to try them out! :no:

Spewin! Spoil sports. That would be so much fun. lol

Mind you, I'd still like to have my heels still by the time I was finished.

I'll stick to putting petrol In my V8.

And here I saw something on some tv show where someone had made roller blades attached to a leaf blower (I think). What some people would do for the sake of going faster... :rolleyes:

ME? If I want to go faster, I'll hire someone to drive me around in a race car. I mean I"m a good little girl and never speed through the damned 45 miles an hour area heading over to the next town while everyone else is doing 80m/h.

20mph and no way of braking.....recipe for a nasty spill.

I WANT A PAIR, i could stick them on me nan and make her faster when walking, :devil: wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Imagine zooming along, 20mph and then suddenly, you hit a stone :o butt over head, not a pretty sight! :unsure2: