Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunting

The142

This may not make sense or it may be silly but it is what i heard about what to do if ghosts are near.

1. Throw marcaroni on them

2. throw pins or sharp objects at them or keep it with you.

3. People say that a nurses hat will protect you from ghosts.

Things you should do if you suspect that people are prosessed by ghosts.

1. If they are mild mannered enough you can squeeze their middle fingers.

2. you can also throw marcaroni on them.

3. cut their hair.

4. Well you can carry a cross with you.

5. or a bible.

6. Take a wooden sword with you and hit the prosessed one repeatly.

Please leave your comments

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The142

• JustNormal

• Mabon

• someoldlady

This may not make sense or it may be silly but it is what i heard about what to do if ghosts are near.

3. cut their hair.

5. or a bible.

you write for leno right? :D .....B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

3. cut their hair.

5. or a bible.

PLEASE tell me this is a bogus post????? :blink:

PLEASE tell me this is a bogus post????? :blink:

I wonder if you can throw macaroni at a demon? Macaroni? Ghosts are scared of macaroni? What about noodles, or spaghetti, or other pasta? Does it have to be cooked?

I wonder if you can throw macaroni at a demon? Macaroni? Ghosts are scared of macaroni? What about noodles, or spaghetti, or other pasta? Does it have to be cooked?

Actually they leave, if you throw MacAndCheese at them..Cheese skeeeers them OMG.. :w00t:

Wow... I have never ever ... EVER... heard these before... did I mention ever???

For future ghost hunters everywhere, please answer this vital question... Do you think the macaroni has to be raw or el dente? Does it have to be elbow, or could any shape in the pasta family work? Does it work if the ghost is Italian??

Does anyone not realize I can be a -tad- sarcastic? Who knew huh? If you found that list online somewhere, could you toss the link in here?

THIS I have to see for myself :blink:

Edited by -=LadyV=-

So weird... :blink:

Is there a reason why you're supposed to do these things if a ghost is near? I'd love to know what macaroni does to them and why. Why does a nurse's hat protect you? Are there any reasons behind this?

Hello All!

Hello electrokinesis is me.

What electrokinesis is me neglected to add was the reasons why.

Sand, rice, split peas, pasta any small item similar in shape and size that you can scatter is what is required.

These items are tossed on the floor before you go to bed at night.

According to folklore, the ghosts, witches, or what ever is plaguing you and yours isn't good at counting or in some traditions is obligated to count everything before they can pester, molest or cause harm. I've read even the little sections in screens over a window have to be counted before a spirit or whatever can enter. If daylight comes, or cockcrow before they are finished counting they must leave and then start the process over again every time they attempt to enter your home.

Shoes placed at the end of the bed should be turned in opposite directions this is to confuse them.

The same for turning your pockets out or your shirt inside out.

So I guess that you could say ghosts spirits or whatever have OCD and are easily confused.

Pins because they are sharp and because they were and still are made of steel. An age old charm against fay or other spirits.

Now those are the ones I know the reasons/folklore behind but would like it if electrokinesis is me, would clarify the rest of the 'remedies'.

Regards,

Mabon.

According to folklore, the ghosts, witches, or what ever is plaguing you and yours isn't good at counting or in some traditions is obligated to count everything before they can pester, molest or cause harm.

Wow. That's actually pretty interesting. I wonder why they feel they have to count everything before they can enter. o.O

Edited by Uh-Oh

I'm quite sure if you threw macaroni at unseen spirits while walking down the street you'd be taken into custody >.>'

LOL Seems he/she should be taken into custody, simply for typing this.. :rolleyes:

3. cut their hair.

5. or a bible.

LOL If one is possessed and strong, and evil I would think hitting him with a wooden sword just "might" be hazardous to your health. :w00t:

Hello All!

Hello electrokinesis is me.

What electrokinesis is me neglected to add was the reasons why.

Sand, rice, split peas, pasta any small item similar in shape and size that you can scatter is what is required.

These items are tossed on the floor before you go to bed at night.

According to folklore, the ghosts, witches, or what ever is plaguing you and yours isn't good at counting or in some traditions is obligated to count everything before they can pester, molest or cause harm. I've read even the little sections in screens over a window have to be counted before a spirit or whatever can enter. If daylight comes, or cockcrow before they are finished counting they must leave and then start the process over again every time they attempt to enter your home.

Regards,

Mabon.

I have heard the counting thing used as a defense against vampires. I suspect that is why the Count on sesame street likes to count things.

3. cut their hair.

5. or a bible.

this is a joke, right?? i sincerely hope so.

3. cut their hair.

5. or a bible.

This solutions are mere urban legends and superstition, they are not correct. Mabon's solutions are correct though. :tu:

this is a joke, right?? i sincerely hope so.

I am sure it is a joke but nevertheless it brings to mind an occasion when I was in a large and spacious bar in which, on two previous ooccasions, I had see a ghost there. On this occasion I was telling the barman about these experiences and he was horrified as he often had to spend long hours alone in the place. He told me he was terrified of ever seeing a ghost. I tried to reassure him that it was a very interesting experience but that if he really was so afraid of being confronted by a ghost he should remember that, generally, ghosts never appear when you expect them to. So, all he had to do (I told him) was to expect them. He asked, rather nervously I thought, just when he should expect them. "All the time", I said. He said "What? You mean...?" I repeated "ALL the time!" He did not have the look of a person reassured. This is no joke but it amused me to think of his having to go around for the rest of his natural, EXPECTING to see a ghost. ;)

I see that many of you think of this as a joke. But as i said, this is only what i have seen and heard. So I do not know about this being true or false. But i think they are just superstitions I think but when I go to the toilet at night, I find myself carrying a bag of sharp things and maroroni if I can find them.

I love the idea of throwing sharp things. I can see someone getting the ghost prevention measures and possession dealing measures mixed up and throwing sharp things at their flatmate while attacking anywhere they see ghosts with a wooden sword. :D

On a side note: why macaroni/rice? Surely something like sugar would be more effective? Try counting all the sugar crystals in a bag of sugar and I think you'll agree with me. ;)

I love the idea of throwing sharp things. I can see someone getting the ghost prevention measures and possession dealing measures mixed up and throwing sharp things at their flatmate while attacking anywhere they see ghosts with a wooden sword. :D

On a side note: why macaroni/rice? Surely something like sugar would be more effective? Try counting all the sugar crystals in a bag of sugar and I think you'll agree with me. ;)

Would you want to clean up all that sugar? It's sticky and would draw ants. Then you would have another/different problem, sand would work/suffice.

Me being me and curious did some google fu! (My foo is the strongest!) to see about squeezing the middle finger to rid a person of a spirit or demon. Now this was one of the ones that I hoped the OP would clear up but there is a myth/legend about this one too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_cross

basically the middle finger is squeezed to invoke either the holy spirit or god depending on which version you read.

Mabon.

well sand and sugar are also hard to clean. but people use powder to track ghosts footprints. And what does it mean i write for leno? can anyone tell me?

Jay Leno is a comedian. It's a way of asking if you were being funny. ;) BH is a card!!! (also a funny person.)

Yes cornmeal was used too.

But how come you didn't post some of the reasons when you posted the list? No insult intended but if you didn't know you could have stated that that these were things that you'd heard/read/been passed down but didn't know the reasons behind. It does help the community here know that you're serious and what to expect of the thread.

I don't see these as silly or trivial listings but without explanations they can come off that way. I love folklore so I knew what was meant by some of the list. But I must confess that I'm still at a loss about the wooded sword. LOL!

If you don't know perhaps we can do some googling to find out.

Mabon.

O ya explainations the marcoroni is supposed to make the soul disperse. The nurses hat has the cross on it so probably it helps. The wooden sword is used to excortrise ghosta so that is probably why.

I guessed as much but what country/culture do they originate ?

What would cause a spirit/what ever to fear a wooden sword?

Mabon.

the show shows him hitting the ghost with the wooden sword but the < ghost > was actually human so..... i write it this way but sometimes the ghost may not be able to feel it cause they are intangible. By the way i changed my name.