Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This'n That #16 - Blonde's Swan Song

Saru

This'n That #16 - Blonde's Swan Song

Columnist Editorial By Nancy

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/edito...isnthat16.shtml

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that you will be sorely missed here, Nancy. Your editorials have been greatly enjoyed by all who read them, and your contributions to Unexplained Mysteries are very much appreciated. It won't be the same without you around.

I wish you all the best for the future,

Take care, and have a really great Christmas.

original.gifthumbsup.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Nancy

• soulfire78

• doomgirl

I have to say that I am mortified at this! Nancy has been a great contributor to this forum, as well as being a funny and caring person, and is one of the original members (like me). And like me, I would hate to think that someone's asinine remarks and uncalled for attacks would be allowed to reach the point that I would no longer want to come here. I don't blame Nancy for what she feels she has to do to spare herself this injustice, but I truly hope she will be back soon, and the trash that caused her departure will be kept out of here for the benefit of us all! I think personal attacks should be deleted before a warning is given. mad.gif

A:21 agrees wholeheartedly with KC and hopes Nancy will reconsider in the near future. Without her warmth, sensitivity and intelligence, there's a void that will be hard to fill.

I truly hope she will be back soon, and the trash that caused her departure will be kept out of here for the benefit of us all!

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics behind Nancy's decision to leave, nor exactly who it was who offended her in this way. I am very sorry to see her go, and I hate to think that there is something I could have done or someone I could have stopped that may have helped to prevent her from coming to this decision.

dontgetit.gif Nancy!! You went "poof" ! How can this be? Is this the end of "this 'n that" ? crying.gif Nancy was Moe's favortie collumnist. Moe only wishes he could have got to know her better before she went "poof".

You will be missed Nancy. It wont be the same here without you. sad.gif

But this is not the end of this and that. We must find a way to bring back Nancy...

she did leave an email address right?

Well Nancy, all i can say is good luck and i hope you stay safe aswell.

I am sure that you will be missed by many of the members in the forum.

You stay happy my lady wink2.gif and have a very happy Christmas and a fruitful New Year. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

I for one enjoyed reading Nacy's postings and the insight into herself that they provided. Maybe she will come back if enough people send her cocilatory e-mails. AS FOR THE ------------------ PEOPLE who would be callous enough to attack a person enough to cause this kind of reaction... Well I don't think you all want to read what I'm thinking right now in it's entirity, but the abridged version would have to be as Athalus has on her signiture. "May That Which Ye Send Come Back To Thee."

She's gone.....no.........i refuse to believe it..........why?She will be missed,isthere any way for her to come back?????

I just don't know what to say....

Reading that last column, brought tears to my eyes... Nancy is one of the best members ever to grace us with her presence.. She has class and charisma, like very few I know... Nancy, I will always continue to write you, outside of this place.. We are all like a family, the ones still left from the beginning, and when such a prodigious member of our family leaves, it cuts us all to the bone.. I am not sure what the reasoning is, but this I am sure about; they are not as important as the job you did here Nancy, and I quite believe for fact, that they haven't and will not touch the number of lives, for good, that you have in your stay here.......... My life is better just for knowing you... I love you, and wish nothing but peace and harmony in your life..

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

I would hate to think that someone's asinine remarks and uncalled for attacks would be allowed to reach the point that I would no longer want to come here.  I don't blame Nancy for what she feels she has to do to spare herself this injustice, but I truly hope she will be back soon, and the trash that caused her departure will be kept out of here for the benefit of us all!  I think personal attacks should be deleted before a warning is given.  mad.gif

I agree. I only recently came back to the forum from an extended absense caused by someone's threatening and personal attacks on me. Although the trash is still here, and you know who you are(and there is more than one member involved in attacking others), I refuse to stay away.

Take care Nancy, and understand you were a good friend.

I only recently came back to the forum from an extended absense caused by someone's threatening and personal attacks on me. Although the trash is still here, and you know who you are(and there is more than one member involved in attacking others), I refuse to stay away.

I feel I really need to emphasise this to everyone here - if you know of someone who is using this forum to send threatening and offensive messages to members, and especially if you know who that person is or it is you that is at the receiving end, don't suffer in silence - tell either myself or a moderator who it is so that these individuals can be dealt with.

I can't do anything if you keep me in the dark so please, tell me what you know - anyone who is using this board to intentionally harrass or offend users will be dealt with accordingly.

You can get in touch with me either via the forum's private messanger, or via standard e-mail, my address is:

webmaster@unexplained-mysteries.com

Perhaps it is time to add a little insight into why I decided to end my participation here. It is not fair that SaRuMaN has to fumble for words to explain my decision.

It also appears that there may be a misunderstanding that needs clarification.

Yes, I was being "hounded"...... stalked, more than once here. In all honesty, that is to be expected when a Forum such as this covers such intense and varied topics.

The last several episodes were reported and the matter handled. That individual was banned from "UM." I did point out in my communications with The Boss, that I felt it could have been handled differently, yet I realize action was taken and taken swiftly. I also understand that with so many Members, so many Posts on a daily basis, it is impossible to be one step ahead and foresee problems, by the Staff here. This was not my main reason for my decision to leave, although a major factor.

As I told someone here, maybe I am a "snob" but..... I continued to have too many uncomfortable reactions to certain topics. I'll be blunt. "Government Conspiracies" is the Forum Topic where I spent a great deal of my time here.

This is difficult to type, so please bear with me?

I do my very best to be open-minded, read comments carefully and "think/research" before I respond when it comes to more serious subjects.

As of late, it appeared to me that no matter what topic was started in the area of terrorism, war, etc. ......... it didn't take but a few replies before that specific topic "turned" on a dime to....... bashing.

Day after day, my attempts at being diplomatic failed. My efforts, input and opinion were "turned around" to mean something I had not intended. The saddest realization was that a majority of the return input was from Members outside the USA. Damn, I hate writing this!

Yes, I do respect others opinions! Yes, I know the US has made horrible mistakes in the past and continue to blunder here and there. However, I did not feel most comments were justified.

On a very personal note, I have an extremely strong connection to what happend in New York City on September 11, 2001. Naturally, I am not alone in this! However, it has made me "Bull-headed" regarding terrorism. Thousands of others lost more than I! Yet, I felt compelled to keep plugging away and point out various factors involving my government, my President, my Country.

With rare exception, no matter what was said, the topic became "HOT" and more than once, had to be Locked by Staff here, and rightfully so. To me, that was so discouraging!

It is such a gift to be able to trade thoughts, ideas, opinions! This magical place has always allowed such freedom and honesty. It still does! It is the Members who must rethink attitudes. Insults, slander........ none of that solves a damn thing.

I see you scratching your collective heads and wondering why I simply did not venture into those topics. Wouldn't that bring my blood pressure down? Wellllllllllll....... yes and no.

I began to feel as if I were suffocating here, constantly banging my head up against a wall. It was only then that I realized I no longer "fit" in.

I also felt the quality of my "That 'n That" contributions were not up to par.

It seems my decision to leave has cost me dearly, in many ways. Friendships lost or misunderstood. At the same time, I have received many PM's urging me to return and some very, very special people here have brightened my life considerably. I am in your debt for writing me, for reaching out to me.

I hope this clears the air somewhat. "UM" and it's Staff did nothing to make me exit stage left. Please, please understand that.

With the New Year fast approaching, I wish all of you who opt to read this and to those to chose not to venture to this Post......... a healthy and safe New Year.

With Deep Respect,

Nancy

Nancy, no! This can't be the end! Please reconsider and come back to post your views whenever you want. Your words have always been a joy to read.

With rare exception, no matter what was said, the topic became "HOT" and more than once, had to be Locked by Staff here, and rightfully so. To me, that was so discouraging!

Certain topics are always going to become hot. But it's your opinion and insight that counts. Don't let locked threads and idiotic responses discourage you. That's just par for the course.

I hope you do come back, from time to time at least.

You will be missed. crying.gif

crying.gif The flower has wilted ?

You have a good point for leaving , people who dont live in the US really should tone down their complaints against america as many of the verbal attacks one the US from those living outside contained an obvious hint that the writer of the complaint was basing it on uneducated and ignorant assumptions . You will be missed .

Nancy do not make this final. Keeping looking in, because nothing stays the same and one day this place will again feel like home to you and we will need you.

Druss

crying.gif Nancy, no! You must come back! crying.gifcrying.gif

PLEASE?

• 2 months later...

I know, I am greatly late, but I have just joined and now bothered in what I have read in Nancy's post, She has a great point!! I do wish her back, granted I never got a chance to meet.. I will keep my eyes and ears open, and beleive me I see alot.. I grant Nancy in all her wishes and as always.. May the LORD be with her..

AbductingU, I'm glad to say that Nacy is back and has been for a little.

The Mods And Admins have a tough job to do. They cannot, nor should they, have to monitor every thread.

I have almost withdrawn twice due to problems on this forum, But SaRuMaN dealt with the issues in a timely manner and convinced me to get my head out of my **** and stay. I'm glad I did. There are a lot of great folks here on this forum.

But like anywhere else in life, a few can make it difficult for the majority.

You cannot have debates on certain topics without feelings getting hurt at times. But bashing and name calling never help your side of an argument.

If you have ever seen some of the other forums out there, Name calling and bashing seem to be the name of the game. Saruman and the mods have tried to make this a place where that is not the rule.

(Of Course SaRuMaN will probably ban me for life and then some, once he finds out I corrected him in the pinned trivia thread crying.gif )

AbductingU

I do appreciate your taking the time to read any of my editorial efforts.

Welcome Aboard and I hope your journey through UM is fruitful!

I have returned, but still with trepidation.

Perhaps we will 'bump' into each other, somewhere on the Forums.

stillcrazy,

I'm flattered you noticed that I did make a U-turn back to "UM."

I agree completely with your assessment of the MODS and The Webmaster here.

They do exceptional work and really care about the Members.

I also agree that hurt feelings are just a part of "life" whether on the Internet, or in our daily lives. Yet, as you point out, "bashing" solves zip. However, there was a little more involved with my departure that I simply could not ignore.

So? I peek in now and then and post sparingly.