Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK police refuse to charge radical Imans

Talon

Police are reporting Channel 4 to the media regulator Ofcom over the way an undercover programme was edited.

But charges will not be brought against preachers featured in Dispatches, which tackled claims of Islamic extremism.

West Midlands Police carried out its own inquiry into three speakers in the Undercover Mosque broadcast, and then into the programme-makers themselves.

The Crown Prosecution Service said the show "completely distorted" what the trio said, a claim Channel 4 rejects.

Kevin Sutcliffe, commissioning editor for Dispatches, said West Midlands police had produced no evidence to support their claims.

"We find it extraordinary that they have gone public on these concerns without discussing them with us first," he said.

"We believe the comments made in the film speak for themselves - several speakers were clearly shown making abhorrent and extreme comments."

He said the one-hour documentary, which was made over a nine-month period and broadcast in January, allowed comment to be seen in a fuller context.

"All the speakers featured in the film were offered a right to reply and none denied making these comments, nor have any of them complained to Ofcom to our knowledge."

Bombings 'justified'

The Metropolitan Police said on Wednesday that a second Dispatches programme was also being investigated.

Britain Under Attack featured a man known as "Abu Mohammed".

He disguised his face with a scarf in the programme, which was shown on Monday, and said British Muslims were in "a state of war" and the 7 July bombings were "justified".

A Met spokesman said: "We are assessing the content of a Dispatches programme broadcast on Monday 6 August to determine if any offences may have been disclosed."

The spokesman said it was too early to say whether officers were investigating the people shown in the broadcast or the programme-makers.

The January programme infiltrated a number of mosques, one of which was Green Lane Mosque in Small Heath, Birmingham.

'Moderate tradition'

It investigated mosques run by organisations claiming to be dedicated to moderation.

Abu Usamah, one of the preachers from Green Lane Mosque featured in the programme, said he was shocked when he saw himself depicted.

"It was the fact that Green Lane Mosque has a 33-year-old tradition of preaching and teaching the moderate version of Islam.

"To try and demonise the efforts of these people by taking their comments out of context was shocking."

Mr Usamah said he had been featured as saying homosexuals should be thrown from a mountain when in fact he was explaining it was an opinion featured in some books, which was not one he believed.

An undercover reporter claimed to provide evidence that certain speakers preached messages of religious bigotry and extremism.

In a piece about the programme, the Channel 4 Dispatches website said a reporter had attended talks at mosques and found preachers "condemning the idea of integration into British society, condemning British democracy as un-Islamic and praising the Taliban for killing British soldiers".

Police said they acknowledged some parts of the programme may have been considered offensive, but, when analysed in full context, there was not enough evidence to bring charges.

'Completely distorted'

The police investigation was extended to include looking at issues relating to the editing of the programme.

Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) lawyer Bethan David scrutinised 56 hours of media footage, only some of which was used in the broadcast.

She said: "The splicing together of extracts from longer speeches appears to have completely distorted what the speakers were saying.

"The CPS has demonstrated it will not hesitate to prosecute those responsible for criminal incitement.

"But in this case we have been dealing with a heavily-edited television programme, apparently taking out of context aspects of speeches which in their totality could never provide a realistic prospect of any convictions."

Police asked the CPS to consider a prosecution of Channel 4 under the Public Order Act 1986 for showing material likely to stir up racial hatred, but they were advised there was insufficient evidence.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/engl...nds/6936681.stm

Typical Bleeding heart, political correct, 'lets not do anything to offend terrorists' liberal Democracy.

The spineless Police can say what they want, but whether the speaches were edited down or not, how can what they said be ignired.

Here's a link to the documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Ztn7ejN9E

The only way the Police can take no action is that once against our insane leaders are hoping to beat extremism through turning a blind eye, rather that deportation.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• contactismade

• karl 12

• questionmark

Couldn't agree more,the documentary film maker has just appeared on Channel four news and stated a very blunt denial of editting out of context also,that police have not supplied even one example of duplicity in over 56 hours of footage.

Taken in a purely objective and impartial light,many comments in the documentary speak for themselves and are truly sickening and indefensible.

These bigotted brainwashed sociopaths should be deported immediatley.

Nooo we wouldn't want to offend these guys would we?

Something comes to mind here, people forget soemtimes what it says in thier holy document.

"there is only one true god and he is Allah, and his profet was muhammed."

"radical" Moderate" doesn't matter they both live by this word.

Unbelievers are not human to them, no consideration is needed. People should remember that.

I watched the entire broadcast. It is clear that it is a covert planned take over and planned enslavement of the British people by a foreign nation, Saudi Arabia.

Like in any type of foreign invasion, the choice it to expel, kill, or submit to them. It is really not a matter of cultural acceptance and coexistence at all. There is a clearly defined foreign power attempting to take over and rule, and they will never stop attempting to do this for as long as they exist in their current state in Saudi. There really are no other choices.

It is what it is. A foreign invasion by a nation state. Wahhabism is Saudi just as Nazism was Germany.

After hearing this..If the people of the UK don't take notice and begin to understand that the influx of islam to the UK is a planned 'slow invasion', then the people of the UK deserves whatever happens to their children and grandchildren.. Apathy and dissmissal of this as paranoid ramblings will only result in sharia law eventually..not today, but it will happen if action is not taken.

The politicians who allow this to happen through politically correct, 'we are one happy family' BS, should be held accountable as traitors and seditionists..immediate deportation of the dictatoral theo-loons is in order as well.

Edited by Pinky Floyd

It is what it is. A foreign invasion by a nation state. Wahhabism is Saudi just as Nazism was Germany.

With one difference, the dissidents, like Niemöller or Stauffenberg, wanted a more democratic Germany. The dissidents in Saudi want a more radical Islam.

After hearing this..If the people of the UK don't take notice and begin to understand that the influx of islam to the UK is a planned 'slow invasion', then the people of the UK deserves whatever happens to their children and grandchildren.. Apathy and dissmissal of this as paranoid ramblings will only result in sharia law eventually..not today, but it will happen if action is not taken.

The politicians who allow this to happen through politically correct, 'we are one happy family' BS, should be held accountable as traitors and seditionists..immediate deportation of the dictatoral theo-loons is in order as well.

:tu:

It's disgusting. Our grandparents and our great grandparents fought in two major world wars that left scars, broke families and ensured our survival. Now Labour are turning their backs on the deaths those soldiers laid down for us to be here as it is today. Free and British - though the British has wained somewhat since then, another disgrace. It's not even seen good to be a patriot to Britain, as well as England, Wales and Scotland - obviously as they're our national identities.

Yet. We won't even deport those trying to rise up for a foreign theocracy which will either put us to death or make us 2nd class citizens in our own country. :hmm:

Edited by Chokmah

Typical Bleeding heart, political correct, 'lets not do anything to offend terrorists' liberal Democracy.

Oh man again.

Maybe the police are going after bigger fish, with charges that they know will stick. Maybe the police aren't "spineless" but following procedure or the law and maybe the "liberal Democracy" isn't under the control of their galactic overlords from Saudi Arabia that are attempting to force the British public to covert to Islam for... what reason are the Liberals doing that for again? Just to destroy the country for fun? All of a sudden the 911 conspiracies are starting to sound reasonable.

Oh man again.

Maybe the police are going after bigger fish, with charges that they know will stick. Maybe the police aren't "spineless" but following procedure or the law and maybe the "liberal Democracy" isn't under the control of their galactic overlords from Saudi Arabia that are attempting to force the British public to covert to Islam for... what reason are the Liberals doing that for again? Just to destroy the country for fun? All of a sudden the 911 conspiracies are starting to sound reasonable.

Bigger fish?

Let me ask you. Did you see the film footage?

They were riling up against Britain, as well as getting information on what to do from Saudi Arabia from a head Imam over there.

The problem in the UK is that the rights of the people are slowly being eroded away, by left wing, can’t see the wood for the trees, liberals, who in my eyes don’t live in the real world, Multiculturalism is an ideology that is forced on the people, i know i never voted for Multiculturalism, when i watched ‘undercover mosque’ i wasn’t surprised,

The Government wont tell the people the truth, they bend the truth and come out with statistics that fit their own agenda,

Remember the protest outside the Danish embassy. Muslims shouting things such has “UK you’ll pay Osama Bin Laiden on his way, Bomb Bomb UK, placards with behead people who insult Islam, and the great British police done absolutely nothing at all, it wasn’t until some weeks after when the media and people started to kick up a fuss that arrest were made,

The attempted attack on Glasgow airport where the doctors tried to blow the place up with gas cylinders, the Official Government line, from the Home secretary, the way to defeat terrorism is to go about your normal day, “oh yes I thought I’ll travel on public transport with the chance I might be blown to pieces” while the Home secretary is driven around in a bomb proof car, it’s a case of, do as I say not has I do,

Human bloody rights is to blame along with the Government,

Whats happening with the Latest Government PR exercise for the Muslim Vote,

wanting the release of the the five “British Residents” from Guantanamo Bay, they only have been Granted residence status to work etc, but if they are not even British Nationals why aren't their own governments seeking their release?

The terrorist in this country when caught should be charged with treason shot, hung or what ever followed by all their family members that have come over/born here deported to a country where their beliefs fit in,……

Steve,

Maybe the police are going after bigger fish

I don’t know if you are actually aware of current modern events, but a lot of people that go on to blow themselves up start off listening to psychos like the people in this video.

with charges that they know will stick.

The guys are caught on tape talking about killing ‘kafars’… what more do you need?

Maybe the police aren't "spineless" but following procedure or the law

Yeah, spineless law, implemented by spineless politicians and run by spineless police chiefs.

and maybe the "liberal Democracy" isn't under the control of their galactic overlords from Saudi Arabia

No, its under the control of lunatics in Westminster and other bleeding hearts who think all humans are nice and cuddly people and if we just talk to terrorists we’ll find their inner-child.

Saudi Arabia that are attempting to force the British public to covert to Islam for...

Did you not watch the video of Saudi Arabia’s chief religious leader and what he thought of westerners?

what reason are the Liberals doing that for again?

What they gain from not taking terrorism seriously? Its part of their ideology, that all humans are good, therefore its bad to punish them... even if they want to kill innocent people.

Just to destroy the country for fun? All of a sudden the 911 conspiracies are starting to sound reasonable.

If you want to believe Bush and the Jewish community worked together to frame Osama Bin Laden that’s your business – but personally you even saying that is scary.

The problem in the UK is that the rights of the people are slowly being eroded away, by left wing,

Please don't spout the typical right-wing blaming the left for everything thinking - I'm left-wing and I certainly am not in favour of rights for criminals, PCism etc.

The lawyers that defend these criminals do so for money and therefore are certainly not left-wing. You can blame us all you want, but right-wingers have as much responsibility for the rise of criminal rights as the left.

Liberal Politics covers both right and left-wing politics, and it’s the extremist liberals on both sides who are constantly pushing for more sympathy for criminals; the human rights bill and other legislation for criminals may be celebrated by the liberal-left, but it was created and pushed through by the lawyers on the liberal-right.

liberals, who in my eyes don’t live in the real world, Multiculturalism is an ideology that is forced on the people, i know i never voted for Multiculturalism, when i watched ‘undercover mosque’ i wasn’t surprised,

The Government wont tell the people the truth, they bend the truth and come out with statistics that fit their own agenda,

Remember the protest outside the Danish embassy. Muslims shouting things such has “UK you’ll pay Osama Bin Laiden on his way, Bomb Bomb UK, placards with behead people who insult Islam, and the great British police done absolutely nothing at all, it wasn’t until some weeks after when the media and people started to kick up a fuss that arrest were made,

The attempted attack on Glasgow airport where the doctors tried to blow the place up with gas cylinders, the Official Government line, from the Home secretary, the way to defeat terrorism is to go about your normal day, “oh yes I thought I’ll travel on public transport with the chance I might be blown to pieces” while the Home secretary is driven around in a bomb proof car, it’s a case of, do as I say not has I do,

Human bloody rights is to blame along with the Government,

Whats happening with the Latest Government PR exercise for the Muslim Vote,

wanting the release of the the five “British Residents” from Guantanamo Bay, they only have been Granted residence status to work etc, but if they are not even British Nationals why aren't their own governments seeking their release?

The terrorist in this country when caught should be charged with treason shot, hung or what ever followed by all their family members that have come over/born here deported to a country where their beliefs fit in,……

On all the rest of your post I agree.

I don’t know if you are actually aware of current modern events, but a lot of people that go on to blow themselves up start off listening to psychos like the people in this video.

The guys are caught on tape talking about killing ‘kafars’… what more do you need?

Yeah, spineless law, implemented by spineless politicians and run by spineless police chiefs.

No, its under the control of lunatics in Westminster and other bleeding hearts who think all humans are nice and cuddly people and if we just talk to terrorists we’ll find their inner-child.

Did you not watch the video of Saudi Arabia’s chief religious leader and what he thought of westerners?

What they gain from not taking terrorism seriously? Its part of their ideology, that all humans are good, therefore its bad to punish them... even if they want to kill innocent people.

If you want to believe Bush and the Jewish community worked together to frame Osama Bin Laden that’s your business – but personally you even saying that is scary.

You forget that there are troops in Iraq right now taking terrorism seriously, but ignore that and you have a fantastic Liberal conspiracy.

You kind of remind me of the rookie cop that runs in and busts the petty drug dealer slanging on the corner, while the DEA curses you because they were tracking his supplier and his suppliers supplier - going after the big fish. You will next probably say that these Imams are the big fish, if so I have already disagreed.

You appear to be arguing against an enemy that you made up and have chosen to believe in - these all people are cute and cuddly politicians who even though they are hunting terrorists down in Iraq do nothing about terrorism.

I still don't get why they have to come all the way from thier country where thier beliefs and standards are the norm to tell all us backwards unholy westerners how messed up we are. If its so great a system why not stay there and leave everyone to thier wierd ways?

When I travel I have no expectation of people conforming to my ways. I adapt to THIER ways. People need to grow some nuts and set them straight. Keep reminding them that that was then this is now, this is here and not there.

Having a collective inferiority complex and therefore spouting off their mouth is not a reason to charge anybody. Maybe reason to get them some counseling.

I don't see those screaming zealots as a danger, more a nuisance. And I agree totally, someone unwilling to accept the lifestyle of the country he/she lives in should go somewhere else.

You forget that there are troops in Iraq right now taking terrorism seriously, but ignore that and you have a fantastic Liberal conspiracy.

You kind of remind me of the rookie cop that runs in and busts the petty drug dealer slanging on the corner, while the DEA curses you because they were tracking his supplier and his suppliers supplier - going after the big fish. You will next probably say that these Imams are the big fish, if so I have already disagreed.

You appear to be arguing against an enemy that you made up and have chosen to believe in - these all people are cute and cuddly politicians who even though they are hunting terrorists down in Iraq do nothing about terrorism.

You clearly don’t know much about UK politics – most of our politicians are against the Iraq war, not for it. And then you have a whole group of them who want the Guananamo terrorists to come back to Britain because of the abuse to their human rights they've suffered under the Americans.... idiots.

As for the rant on radical Imans not being important - yes yes Manslaughter its well within these Iman’s rights to tell their followers to kill non-Muslims just because there are 'bigger fish' out there in Iraq etc. Abu Hamza and the like who preached support for terrorism on the streets of the UK were just – as you say – not worth worrying about.

There’s no real point in debating this with you. You’re clearly a liberal who doesn’t even believe in the continued threat of home-grown terrorism.

I on the other hand am a left-authoritarian who believes that the rights of the criminal do not out strip the rights of society and the citizens who form it.

Our views are completely incompatible. You will always be there to make excuses for home-grown terrorists, and I’ll always argue we should just shoot them and who cares what personal issues made them do it.

The only thing we'll achieve here is increasing our post count, we will never change each others opinion... sadly.

Having a collective inferiority complex and therefore spouting off their mouth is not a reason to charge anybody. Maybe reason to get them some counseling.

Counselling at the expense of the tax payer I take it?

I don't see those screaming zealots as a danger, more a nuisance.

Yet the 7/7 bombers started off as the pupils of people like this. Who do you think inspire terrorists? Suicide bombers don’t just appear – their radical religious believes arise from a variety of sources and radical preachers like this are one of them.

Edited by Talon

I"m with you on this one Talon. :yes:

PS. Congrats on winning the chess tournament.

Edited by Rocket88

I know little about UK politics or politicians. The situation there does remind me of how my boss at work handles certain issues that need attention and resolution. Ignore it, and maybe the problem will work itself out or just go away. Then, when the problem ignored rears it's ugly head, he claims it's the first he's heard of it.

Yes I think police and politicians here in the UK are terrified about being called racist if they try to confront this issue,the irony is these religous fanatics are the most racist,bigotted prejudice individuals in Britain today.

see thats what i don't get, why would anyone care if they thought it was rascist?

If we went to there country they would go out of thier way to treat us as inferiors.