Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World record smash for rollercoaster fan

Owlscrying

August 8

A university lecturer yesterday broke the world record for time spent on a rollercoaster - and is still going strong.

At midnight yesterday, Richard Rodriguez, 48, beat the previous holder by clocking up nine days and 12 hours.

Richard has been riding Europe's tallest rollercoaster - the 60mph Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

In that time, the Chicago-based record-breaker has travelled 4126 miles - more than the 3950-mile return trip to his home city - during 16 rides each hour.

Richard has eaten, drunk and slept on the ride, only swapping to the Big Dipper at night for safety reasons.

His record has been watched by Guinness Book Of Records officials, who allow him five minutes an hour for a comfort break. Richard said: "I have had everything - thunder and lightning and now sun. My only problem has been wind burn."

go

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenshinx

• Uh-Oh

• nativechick1989

• Owlscrying

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i couldn,t do that! I,m a real coaster fan,and the longest i could stay on was 18 times around without getting off! Mind you it was the old beloved wooden one at Vancouver B.C.,s PNE and i got a bad case of whip lash! No head and neck support on that old girl!

Wow...how can you sleep on a rollercoaster? I wonder what kinds of dreams he has. He's got to always be falling off of something, especially on that first drop. :lol:

be terrible if he was puking non stop

even in his sleep......

Fear of height would keep me off the rollercoaster... :td:

For those in the UK and old enough to remember, ahhh, I just had a memory of Norris McQuirter (I've spelt that wrong) and Roy Castle. The theme tune is alluding me at the present though (I had "Life if the name of the game and I wanna play the game with you" - but that was Bruce's Generation Game).

It can't do your brain much good being shaken around like that for all those hours, can it?

Edited by Regency

I cant stomache Roller Coasters much, the wooden ones are ok, but you put me through a loopidy loop or two and I dont think you wanna be the guy behind me...

The wooden ones make me sicker than the steel. The steel ones are always so smooth, while the wooden just shake you all around. :unsure: