Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb hunting in Pahrump Nevada

vampwasser

Last month here in Pahrump. My very best friend moved away so we had a going away party for her. We started hunting down ORBS for fun but what we didn't expect is the ORBS were probably following us around. As shown in the three pictures ORBS came to the party. Not only did I get snap shots of these white ball ghosties so did several others at the party.

frist. is right over their heads light in color

second. is the best one right over the stage.

third. Now the strange thing is the night before Gail left I was at her house and we took picture of the different room in the dark. And there...the heshe was watching.

fourth this is even lighter. I only had a cheap little digital camera

so whatcha think. aren't they cute. I love hunting orbs. It's so cool when you find one. To me their not scary and not harmful. I do have a theory on ORB"S seeing I have found a few in my hunting time.

But that later.

Here my first post be gentle.

post-59356-1186618430_thumb.jpg

post-59356-1186618620_thumb.jpg

post-59356-1186618997_thumb.jpg

post-59356-1186619836_thumb.jpg

Edited by vampwasser

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• coldethyl

• vampwasser

• someoldlady

Last month here in Pahrump. My very best friend moved away so we had a going away party for her. We started hunting down ORBS for fun but what we didn't expect is the ORBS were probably following us around. As shown in the three pictures ORBS came to the party. Not only did I get snap shots of these white ball ghosties so did several others at the party.

frist. is right over their heads light in color

second. is the best one right over the stage.

third. Now the strange thing is the night before Gail left I was at her house and we took picture of the different room in the dark. And there...the heshe was watching.

fourth this is even lighter. I only had a cheap little digital camera

so whatcha think. aren't they cute. I love hunting orbs. It's so cool when you find one. To me their not scary and not harmful. I do have a theory on ORB"S seeing I have found a few in my hunting time.

But that later.

Here my first post be gentle.

The best way to hunt orbs is to shake a rug and then snap pictures. You can also get cool orbs by taking pictures in the rain or snow. Most orbs are not paranormal in nature, but dust, moisture, reflections or bugs. Yours look like dust and reflections to me.

This one looks reptillian actually...

linked-image

they're sneeky about blending into a crowd :unsure2: ....B

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Then everyone in the room had dirty cameras, right. I took nearly 50 pic that night and they only showed up in these three with my camera. Everyone else with cameras had one or two with ORBS in their pictures....oh that right the lens only got dirty in some picture and not others or everyone in the room had dirty camers......whatever

If the camera was dirty the reflections would be found in every picture. In the last picture there were no lights on in the house at all. So no reflection there.

Oh thats right, again, silly me, my small itsy bitsy camera is so powerful that a little dust moved by and my tiny camera pick it up and made it a big see through whitish circle.

Or could it be an ORB disguised as a piece of dust or reflection to fool people like you. That works for me!!

I do believe they are ORBS so matter what you say it won't change my mind. :rofl:

Just vampwassers thoughts.............................. ;)

Then everyone in the room had dirty cameras, right. I took nearly 50 pic that night and they only showed up in these three with my camera. Everyone else with cameras had one or two with ORBS in their pictures....oh that right the lens only got dirty in some picture and not others or everyone in the room had dirty camers......whatever

If the camera was dirty the reflections would be found in every picture. In the last picture there were no lights on in the house at all. So no reflection there.

Oh thats right, again, silly me, my small itsy bitsy camera is so powerful that a little dust moved by and my tiny camera pick it up and made it a big see through whitish circle.

Or could it be an ORB disguised as a piece of dust or reflection to fool people like you. That works for me!!

I do believe they are ORBS so matter what you say it won't change my mind. :rofl:

:huh: let me see if I can get Please Explain to translate this....B

halfhandshuffle:Rammstein - Du hast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2eT-sTVys

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Then everyone in the room had dirty cameras, right. ...whatever

You know being a smart alec on post number 2 always works out so well.

Do a search and some research and then come back with your crow ready and well cooked. :tu:

Damnit, coldethyl! Every time you have that avatar I lose all concentration and can't stop staring!

CHECK THIS OUT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_%28parano...turalistic_orbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_%28paranormal%29#Solid_orbs

Orb photos have become so common that most ghost-hunting organizations are no longer accepting submissions of them.

The orb fenomena is a clear-cut case of flash reflection off of dust, particles, insects,snow or moisture droplets in the air in front of the camera, i.e. they are naturalistic.

Naturalistic orbs are most commonly gained using digital cameras and built-in flash. While photographers with archives of photos report having occasionally seen "orbs" in their photos gained with film cameras, the recent rise in reports of orb photos may be directly related to the common availability of digital cameras and associated rise in the number of pictures taken.

It should be noted also that the size of the camera is another consideration in the recent proliferation of orb photos. As film cameras, and then digital cameras, have steadily shrunk in size, reports of "orbs" increased accordingly. As cameras became smaller, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash also shrank, decreasing the angle of reflection back into the lens.

Even those "true believers" who steadfastly maintain that orbs are of paranormal origin are often forced to concede that dust may be the cause of most orb photos.

There are a number of naturalistic causes for orbs in photography and videography.

-Solid orbs - Dry particulate matter such as dust, pollen, insects, etc.

-Liquid orbs - Droplets of liquid, usually water, e.g. rain.

-Foreign material on the camera lens.

-Foreign material within the camera lens.

-Foreign material within the camera body.

I never said the camera was dirty. I said there is dust in the air. A tiny particle of dust in the air can look really big when it is close to the camera. Try shaking a rug and seeing how many more orbs you will have when you take a picture. I took a picture of a rainstorm with a crappy little digital camera and there are a ton of orbs in it, all raindrops and hailstones. I took this picture (a while back) of a piece of thread dangled in front of my camera to make a point about how different thread looks that close up (this is blue thread, BTW). Notice at the end of the thread there is a faint orb.

post-54183-1186696299_thumb.jpg

Damnit, coldethyl! Every time you have that avatar I lose all concentration and can't stop staring!
Ivy nobody likes me anymore... :(

edit: the big orb sort of looks like a dog too!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

You know being a smart alec on post number 2 always works out so well.

So after only two post I'm not allowed to say

anything but agree with all the older ones.

no thoughts of my own

no input on my own thread

just agree

hhhhhmmmm

at 60..... i don't think that'll happen. seeing how you figured it out and none of this exist why post.....except to harass the newbies on their 2ND post. And if you looked at my avatars I was joking, to sorry you didn't understand.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to explain your views. thats cool...to those that did. but I still disagree.

1. one thing "water drop's" ......Pahrump Nevada is how far from Death Valley. This is a desert there are no water drops. I wish there were.

2. No Snow drops or rain drops.

3. We did we shook the rug in the house and took pictures. nothing We turned on all the lights opened all the curtains, took pictures.....nothing. I did sneeze allot.

4. I hung a string from the ceiling took a picture of the string hanging from the ceiling. Swished the camera and got what you got but the back ground swished, too. So you can tell its nothing but a string.

5. I don't not believe they are dusties.

6. Again this is the desert. We don't have many flying bugs. We got Ants.

I just showed the picture we took. Didn't mean to make anyone mad. Just posted my thoughts. If I offended you *someoldlady* it was not meant that way.

Barek Halfhand

Thats cool looking how did you do that.

thats right....and who's old?! .....B

linked-image

Thats cool looking how did you do that.
I'm never really sure to be perfectly honest ....B

halfhandshuffle:white zombie-Welcome To Planet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POuW4L7lcGE

Edited by Barek Halfhand

thats right....and who's old?! .....B

linked-image

ok ok your right.....lol should not use the word old....lets see....

I'm a old Newbie with *4* post now.

and your a Usedbie with 100,000,000 post......... :yes: yep yep

ok ok your right.....lol should not use the word old....lets see....

B) I see...carry on son....B

halfhandshuffle:rancid-time bomb

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Lol, it is hypnotizing, isn't it?

Ivy nobody likes me anymore... :(

I still like you Barek! You just drive me crazy sometimes! LOL :D

no thoughts of my own

no input on my own thread

just agree

hhhhhmmmm

at 60..... i don't think that'll happen. seeing how you figured it out and none of this exist why post.....except to harass the newbies on their 2ND post. And if you looked at my avatars I was joking, to sorry you didn't understand.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to explain your views. thats cool...to those that did. but I still disagree.

No I don't give a flip who you agree with, but being a smart alec and saying stuff like:

Or could it be an ORB disguised as a piece of dust or reflection to fool people like you.

is just going to make people mad at you.

Right, so take some advice from those of us who know might know a little bit about how things work.

Or not. Whatever you like. I'm not bothered. Newbies come in here all the time but know their stuff. It has nothing to do with being new but knowing the rules.

Welcome regardless.

I still like you Barek! You just drive me crazy sometimes! LOL :D

see how the newb handled me sweetz? :D .....B

edit:I miss alice

halfhandshuffle:Alice Cooper-Poison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1c14Z0YUTU

Edited by Barek Halfhand

you really don't understand that post? :huh:

I thought the newb was talking to me, TBH.

nope... I clipped the old Mr T from her quote...that was a reply to me , but maybe encouraged by you ;) .... what happened to Ms vampwusser?.... banned after 10 posts probably :D ....B

halfhandshuffle:Nine Inch Nails- Sin (Woodstock 1994)

Edited by Barek Halfhand

nope... I clipped the old Mr T from her quote...that was a reply to me , but maybe encouraged by you ;) .... what happened to Ms vampwusser?.... banned after 10 posts probably :D ....B

Ah, I see.

Maybe I'm too hard lately. I don't know. :hmm: Something isn't well upstairs in the old brainpan today.

Anyway, if you're really missing Alice I saw him Sunday and there's some pics in my blog of Monday. He was outstanding as usual.

Okay, I'm waaayy OT.

Apologies to the OP.