Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crystal Skull (Lubaantun)

rickjones

Hello,

For several years I have been researching the events surrounding the discovery of the Anna Mitchel-Hedges crystal skull in belize. My finding indicates that what has been published is in fact false. My research has taken me from local libraries to the archaeological site of Lubaanun Belize. I plan further study of this inigma. My hope is to find someone else who is willing to share any of thier secret knowledge about this subject. Also to perhaps join me in my quest for the unfolding of what could be the find of the epoch.

If intrested or if you have anything to add please contact me at:

ricklam4@hotmail.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• smokejaguar

• LucidElement

• Atlantis Rises

Rick,

The crystal skulls have interested me greatly as well. I believe them to be a gateway to a power so awesome that if all the Crystal Skulls were brought together, they would open a gateway for which mankind can unlock their past and future. Locked inside is knowledge -- knowledge of the ancient civilization that entered the data inside. And they are the key to unlocking the secrets of ATLANTIS.

Sorry for the stupid following question, but:

There are SEVERAL crystal skulls ?

I heard the crystal skull was a hoax, could you tell me more please ?

Some are hoaxs, but some are real and there are several of them. Rumor has it too that each REAL crystal skull is a receptal for information possibly about the ancient civilization who programmed them. And when the time is right, this information will be told.

• 8 months later...

There are a number of artifacts called crystal skulls in existence around the world.None match the quality of crystal and artistic rendering of the M-H Skull.After being evaluated by major scientic groups it was determined no signs of tooling etc., exist.In fact due to the hardnest of the crystal it would have taken 300+ years of continuous work to sculpt its form by the diamond polish method. All other speculation aside this one fact sets it above all other skulls.-usdi Agaluga

i have in fact gotten to hold one of these skulls. it weighed 35lbs. and would have had to start from a 100lbs+ piece of quartz. i still don't believe there is in any way it could have been faked. it came from so. amer. and was passed down from generation to generation and was on loan to a shop when i saw it (NOT FOR SALE). a native amer. friend said we should have a ceremony and get it to talk but we never got a chance to. they are supposed to hold ancient knowledge.

light,love,peace

vulturetotem

I don't believ that the skulls have any mystic power or anything paranormal about them but I do have one question. What major religious/cult/faith group believes them to be powerful? And another question for those who believe they do have some magic to them: what to they do? I keep hearing that they unlock our past and future.... what does that mean?

I haven't heard much about this, i'll look it up.. but I also heard Aliens had put something similar to that all over the galaxy for other life forms to find and has all this information, i'm not sure though. it sounds interesting.

Hi I saw some programme a couple of yrs ago about a crystal skull ....It was in a museum..... I too would be interested in finding out more about this as it sounds quite intriguing Rick, my e mail address is elegantly_twisted@hotmail.com if you get any more information about the Crystal Skull.

With Love and Light.

Deadly Nightshade.

xxx.

I beleive the crystal skulls to be a gateway to distant planets where giant aliens live.

Seriously, I have never heard anything about these crystal skulls. I thought it was just something the writers of Stargate made up... But it's sounds interesting.

i remember seeing about these skulls in stargate sg-1, wasn't one of my fave episodes though, but i watched it, i knew they were real though because they were featured in a book i used to own, some arthur c clarke mystery book...

i wonder what they were used for?

worshipping?

travel?

scare people?

who knows......

these skulls are over 30 thousand years this person i read on a site said 1 of the skulls had a message to us i dont remember the dam site if i find it ill will post it

i've aways been interested in those crystal skulls. i've heard that it would take 300 years to get it to the perfect state

Long, long ago, in the very same place you walked lived the witch of banjoka, she was condembned to preserve the knowledge of humanity through any way she could, so cam the crystal skulls.

Do you beilieve it? if you do, be honest and say so

It is a lie, I made it up

To date, there hasn't been a single crystal skull that has been able to show signs of construction prior to 150 years ago. The famous M-H Skull is indeed a fake, not only do they have the purchaser, they also have the builder. Likewise, several skulls have made their way to museums and, as part of the authentication process, they are scanned with an electron microscope. There are grooves in the crystal that run parallel with each other, in the way that grooves from a polishing wheel do, as opposed to the random directions that hand polishing would result in.

In short, the crystal skulls are modern, machine made, and wrapped up with neat little mythical stories, as credible as the con-men that created them.

these skulls are over 30 thousand years this person i read on a site said 1 of the skulls had a message to us i dont remember the dam site if i find it ill will post it

283748[/snapback]

First of all quarts can't be dated like organic material.As far as the "stories" of their use go I would say Tourism had a large part of these tales.The tales of the missing eyes,and the mystical powers of all the skulls together has probablely evolved over the years from some vague oral tradition.-usdi Agaluga

To date, there hasn't been a single crystal skull that has been able to show signs of construction prior to 150 years ago.  The famous M-H Skull is indeed a fake, not only do they have the purchaser, they also have the builder.  Likewise, several skulls have made their way to museums and, as part of the authentication process, they are scanned with an electron microscope.  There are grooves in the crystal that run parallel with each other, in the way that grooves from a polishing wheel do, as opposed to the random directions that hand polishing would result in.

In short, the crystal skulls are modern, machine made, and wrapped up with neat little mythical stories, as credible as the con-men that created them.

284992[/snapback]

I don't know where you got your info but its not correct.Ive seen the video of the electron microscope and the other material related to the studies by Honeywell etc..The M-H skull has no tool marks of any kind.And sinces its impossable to date crystal your 150 yr. date is meaningless.I don't care about any other skulls, but the M-H skull is so different than the others it stand alone.How and where it was found is documented.-usdi Agaluga

I don't know where you got your info but its not correct.Ive seen the video of the electron microscope and the other material related to the studies by Honeywell etc..The M-H skull has no tool marks of any kind.And sinces its impossable to date crystal your 150 yr. date is meaningless.I don't care about any other skulls, but the M-H skull is so different than the others it stand alone.How and where it was found is documented.-usdi Agaluga

See now, that is strange because I have also seen pictures from the electron microscope, and I clearly saw the evenly spaced marks of a buffing wheel. I suppose it is your word against mine.

You did look at the pictures, right? You didn't just read about it? You didn't just look at nothing?

Dating crystal? I'm talking about the receipt of purchase!

The M-H Skull (Skull of Doom) was allegedly discovered by a 17-year old Anna Mitchell-Hedges in 1924 with her adoptive father on an excavation of the ancient Mayan city of Lubaantun in Belize, on a search for Atlantis. This clear quartz skull is about 5.25 inches high and weighs about 11 pounds. It superficially resembles stone skulls made by the Aztecs. The Aztec skulls are stylized, however.

The Mitchell-Hedges skull is realistic with a detachable jaw. Sidney Burney, and those who were on the Lubannatun expedition, denied that Mitchell-Hedges found the skull. Mitchell-Hedges himself never mentioned the skull until just after he bought it in 1943.

Dr. Joe Nickell, on the other hand, has incontravertible evidence which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Mitchell-Hedges bought the skull at a Sotheby's sale in 1943 for £400. This is very clearly seen through the receipt of sales, the auction house sales list, the inventory records, and the name and location of the skulls creator. I am interested in what you refer to as documented when speaking of the skulls origin. The story of Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter is just a story; in order for it to be documented, there has to be actual evidence that it occured in that manner.

Secrets of the Supernatural

See now, that is strange because I have also seen pictures from the electron microscope, and I clearly saw the evenly spaced marks of a buffing wheel. I suppose it is your word against mine.

You did look at the pictures, right? You didn't just read about it? You didn't just look at nothing?

Dating crystal? I'm talking about the receipt of purchase!

The M-H Skull (Skull of Doom) was allegedly discovered by a 17-year old Anna Mitchell-Hedges in 1924 with her adoptive father on an excavation of the ancient Mayan city of Lubaantun in Belize, on a search for Atlantis. This clear quartz skull is about 5.25 inches high and weighs about 11 pounds. It superficially resembles stone skulls made by the Aztecs. The Aztec skulls are stylized, however.

The Mitchell-Hedges skull is realistic with a detachable jaw. Sidney Burney, and those who were on the Lubannatun expedition, denied that Mitchell-Hedges found the skull. Mitchell-Hedges himself never mentioned the skull until just after he bought it in 1943.

Dr. Joe Nickell, on the other hand, has incontravertible evidence which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Mitchell-Hedges bought the skull at a Sotheby's sale in 1943 for £400. This is very clearly seen through the receipt of sales, the auction house sales list, the inventory records, and the name and location of the skulls creator. I am interested in what you refer to as documented when speaking of the skulls origin. The story of Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter is just a story; in order for it to be documented, there has to be actual evidence that it occured in that manner.

Secrets of the Supernatural

285440[/snapback]

This is fascinating.Two parellel tales, both sounding like a plausable story-lines.I would love to see this info.All I know is what I have seen and heard.Ive seen two interviews with the daughter who found the skull on her 14th birthday.I have seen the microscopic study of the skulls surface, showing no signs of any tool marks.On and on and on....ooohhh to know the truth.-usdi Agaluga

I recommend the book in my link. It goes into excrutiating detail.

Incidentally, I have seen different pictures from the skull. One shows evenly spaced buff marks, like from a polishing wheel. The other shows a fine, smooth, finish, without any tool marks at all. That includes the absence of the irregularly shaped buff marks that hand-polishing would have made. In other words, either the smooth skull pictures are fake, or the skull grew into that shape without outside assistance.

These skulls look pretty groovy. I think was an episode on Relic Hunter or some whack show like that, that dedicated the episode to it.

I recommend the book in my link.  It goes into excrutiating detail.

Incidentally, I have seen different pictures from the skull.  One shows evenly spaced buff marks, like from a polishing wheel.  The other shows a fine, smooth, finish, without any tool marks at all.  That includes the absence of the irregularly shaped buff marks that hand-polishing would have made.  In other words, either the smooth skull pictures are fake, or the skull grew into that shape without outside assistance.

286863[/snapback]

Don't dismiss the abilities of ancient man.With enough warm bodies you can almost do anything.A highly polished surface on crystall is within there abilities.When they opened the tomb of King TUT they found the golden mask was so highly polished that the softest cloth dulled it ,forever altering the quality of surface.Nobody knows how they managed to get it in such a high state ,nor could they duplicate it.-usdi Agaluga

Can someone tell me where and when the first Crystal Skull was descovered? and what civilizations were said to be using these skulls? last question.. is there more fact then fiction that these skulls exsisted, because if they did im going to by a book.. and can someone refer me to a good book on Crystal Skulls, telling me all about them, and maybe awnsering all these questions i could have.. thanx UM!

Don't dismiss the abilities of ancient man.With enough warm bodies you can almost do anything.A highly polished surface on crystall is within there abilities.When they opened the tomb of King TUT they found the golden mask was so highly polished that the softest cloth dulled it ,forever altering the quality of surface.Nobody knows how they managed to get it in such a high state ,nor could they duplicate it.-usdi Agaluga

I do not dismiss their abilities. Nor do I romanticize them. No matter how many warm bodies you have polishing a crystal for however many hundreds of years you wish, there will always be marks left behind by the polishing cloth. It is a physical impossibility not to have them. You will not be able to see them with the naked eye, but they will most definitely and blatantly appear under the eye of an electron microscope.

I have never heard such a claim made about King Tut's mask, nor was I able to find anything even remotely resembling it one the net. Would you have a source that I can look into? Everything that I have read indicates that, while it was a magnificent example of gold and inlay, it was no more mysterious in origin than any other gold piece of the time (particularly when one considers that it might well not have been intended for the young pharoah).

and can someone refer me to a good book on Crystal Skulls, telling me all about them, and maybe awnsering all these questions i could have.. thanx UM!

The book I mentioned previously has an excellent chapter on the skulls. I would not recommend a book focused solely on them, as they tend to do nothing more than repeat the same myths and stories without attempting to corroborate them.