Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WHY? The emotions?

Jjbreen

Well that is a wonderful thought and I wish it too. But reality in this world as you know looks otherwise.

Let me ask you this .Does the god of the bible love uncondtionally ? No ? And supposedly we are made in his image.

But you get the point.

Now imagine someone raping and torturing a/your child . Would you feel uncondtional love for the rapist ? I really doubt it.

Besides uncondtional love "could be dangerous" to your health/wellbeing in this world.

I'm done ranting as usual but I do realise that you are just saying how nice it would be.

Oh yeah absolutely...also, having said that, I was talking in a very universal way...meaning there would really be no rapes or murder, because even that person would love unconditionally.

And yes...I could only imagine how wonderful that would be...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momentarylapseofreason

• Beckys_Mom

• TheKnight

• DogsHead

I know -my senses and science are brainwashing me. :blush:

Is there any evidence that atheists stop believing in gods because they are "brainwashed" by other atheists? No — but patterns of religious belief around the world demonstrate that most people usually follow whatever religion they were taught at home and thus that religious belief is dependent more upon what parents and culture indoctrinate, not upon anything like a rational, critical, fair evaluation of the evidence for and against various religious systems.

you believe what you see, yes? you believe science, right? then you should know that what you percieve through your senses is less than 1% of reality. basing everything off this 1%... well that's a trap that I feel many fall into.

so, can you be 'brainwashed' by your senses? heck yeah you can

Well that is a wonderful thought and I wish it too. But reality in this world as you know looks otherwise.

Let me ask you this .Does the god of the bible love uncondtionally ? No ? And supposedly we are made in his image.

But you get the point.

Now imagine someone raping and torturing a/your child . Would you feel uncondtional love for the rapist ? I really doubt it.

Besides uncondtional love "could be dangerous" to your health/wellbeing in this world.

I'm done ranting as usual but I do realise that you are just saying how nice it would be.

God does have unconditional love to those that accept it.

Can't feel unconditional love towards someone who has hurt you? Welcome to the world of sin.

I've been pondering this from reading the various threads and the no small attitude of the couple that I've joined in.

There seems to be no small emotional outburst from 'non-believers' when even the possiblity of maybe valid evidence of the Bible from science is taken as a personal threat.

That the non-believers have a need and oo attack it with very strong words - even mock, insult and such.

Why?

Since it's obvious you do not believe, why do you care?

Why don't just ignore the threads and move on?

Ignoring them is very easy to do - "oh another one of those silly Chrisitan threads. oh well ...", and just move to the next thread.

The dialog I've had on the side with a few believers and non-believers is there is obviously a 'fear' or 'threat' that they feel. Other wise they wouldn't have the need to post... .

This is funny cuz the same could be said about the religious..why do THEY care as to WHY there are non believers and non christians??

Two way street, no point in your being baised

There is also the misconception that all non-believers, atheists, scientists, etc. don't believe in spirituality or things beyond the current grasp of modern science.

very true !! :yes:

well kid, then you have.

What is a Noachide?

A Noachide (Noahide, or Noahite) is anyone that is not a Jew. All Gentiles are Noachides.

Read what Rabbi Yossi Markel says about this: What is a Noachide?

http://www.bneinoach.org/faq.php?cat_id=1 B'nei Noach2007

I read the same article last night! It is a great source of information...

:tu:

Several of you have been asking, "What's going on? R U ok?"

Long story short. As some of you are aware, I've had some lung issues. Basically the scar tissue in my lung has continued to grow. They are not sure as to the reason why. But the pain and coughing has gotten to the point that apparently the stress of both has cause a little concern w/my heart.

I will be going through some tests and such over the next month or so to figure out what needs to be done.

I have limited my time on the computer, work and other activities for 'awhile'. I'm not exactly sure what that time frame is.

I have honestly enjoy the dialogs, the debates, the challenges and so on w/all of you. No we may not have agreed on a lot of things - but so what! I have enjoyed totally getting to know all of you and I mean that.

I will pop-in to answer private PM's and anyone is welcomed to e-mail me at my Yahoo account: jjbreen_46@yahοο.cοm. Please do NOT take offence if you do not get an answer right away. I do my best to answer all e-mails.

Several of you have been asking, "What's going on? R U ok?"

Long story short. As some of you are aware, I've had some lung issues. Basically the scar tissue in my lung has continued to grow. They are not sure as to the reason why. But the pain and coughing has gotten to the point that apparently the stress of both has cause a little concern w/my heart.

I will be going through some tests and such over the next month or so to figure out what needs to be done.

I have limited my time on the computer, work and other activities for 'awhile'. I'm not exactly sure what that time frame is.

I have honestly enjoy the dialogs, the debates, the challenges and so on w/all of you. No we may not have agreed on a lot of things - but so what! I have enjoyed totally getting to know all of you and I mean that.

I will pop-in to answer private PM's and anyone is welcomed to e-mail me at my Yahoo account: jjbreen_46@yahοο.cοm. Please do NOT take offence if you do not get an answer right away. I do my best to answer all e-mails.

I did pm ya...twice lol...hope you get well soon

:tu: I'll keep you in my prayers

GET WELL SOON Jjbreen

This is true. I know what true Christians are like. My shock was that the people who I thought were real Christians turned out not to be as Christian as I thought. Only one person out of the 7 or 8 of the real Christians I knew had kept talking to me without a scornful tone of voice. I know absolutely the difference between someone who's a Christian by name, and a Christian by heart. For by their fruits I know them.

I recall how you tried so hard to convince us you spoke to Jesus and he spoke to you <--turns out...it was a lie lol

Can't feel unconditional love towards someone who has hurt you? Welcome to the world of sin.

Sin seems to be a biblical concept. I don't give any more credit to the bible than to a children's story book.

If believing that the world is in Sin makes you happy, keep on doing it. Just don't get in non-believers' faces over something which doesn't exist to them. :tu:

I cant believe that this debate is still going on in the 21st century!

There is no God.

There is no Satan.

There is no Heaven.

There is no Hell.

I cant believe that this debate is still going on in the 21st century!

There is no God.

There is no Satan.

There is no Heaven.

There is no Hell.

Prove it? lol

I've been pondering this from reading the various threads and the no small attitude of the couple that I've joined in.

There seems to be no small emotional outburst from 'non-believers' when even the possiblity of maybe valid evidence of the Bible from science is taken as a personal threat.

That the non-believers have a need and oo attack it with very strong words - even mock, insult and such.

Why?

Ignoring them is very easy to do - "oh another one of those silly Chrisitan threads. oh well ...", and just move to the next thread.

The dialog I've had on the side with a few believers and non-believers is there is obviously a 'fear' or 'threat' that they feel. Other wise they wouldn't have the need to post... .

this from the guy who tries to make anybody look like a moron if they believe in something he doesnt. get a life jj

Prove it? lol

Well, what a question.lol.

We"ve sent rockets into space , but they didn"t bump into Heaven or occur the wrath of God.

We"ve dug mines a few miles deep, but the Devil didnt pop up & rave about his roof caving in.

Yep, we tried those things, but nothing happened.

I"m glad i live NOW. I"m left-handed & you religious nutters would of burned me at the stake!

How about getting a grip on reality, & realising that humans are not special.We EVOLVED from apes. WE are glorified monkeys.

Just accept it. Actually, its fun!

Oh,"Beckys_Mom", only the first bit was to you, the rest was just thoughts as they came to me.lol. :devil:

We"ve sent rockets into space , but they didn"t bump into Heaven or occur the wrath of God.

We"ve dug mines a few miles deep, but the Devil didnt pop up & rave about his roof caving in.

I"m glad i live NOW. I"m left-handed & you religious nutters would of burned me at the stake!

How about getting a grip on reality, & realising that humans are not special.We EVOLVED from apes. WE are glorified monkeys.

Oh,"Beckys_Mom", only the first bit was to you, the rest was just thoughts as they came to me.lol. :devil:

Yep, just go on thinking you're a monkey. Some of us live in reality. :tu:

Yep, just go on thinking you're a monkey. Some of us live in reality. :tu:

What, you mean the 6,000 year old one? With the global flood that left no traces? That one? The one with-out dinosaurs? You are a monkey, just like the rest of us, a member of the old familius Primatus. Why else would you have hair around yer a***?

What, you mean the 6,000 year old one?

:lol::tu:

What, you mean the 6,000 year old one? With the global flood that left no traces? That one? The one with-out dinosaurs? You are a monkey, just like the rest of us, a member of the old familius Primatus. Why else would you have hair around yer a***?

No traces? Yeah, the Grand Canyon is nothing. :rolleyes:

No traces? Yeah, the Grand Canyon is nothing. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah! How silly of me! And here I was accepting the word of Geologists, Archaeologists, Paleogeographists, and umm... actually, most of the scientific world, that the Grand Canyon was formed by.... well blow me down, the Colarado River!

Thanks wwf, you've really straightened me out on THAT little puzzle!

Why?

for the very same reason those who believe get angry , debate , get passionate - fear , doubt. to say other wise is a lie.

there is also the fact that religion , realized or not , permeates society . ever 'in your face' like it or not. also the fact that religions in this country tend to judge atheists as less than American ( wrongly). you never hear a atheist say a Christian isn't an American.

Christians could well do ignore the atheist threads and say ' oh another one of those silly atheist posts'. and move on.

it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Naw, for me... it's not about fear... I can't fear what I already understand....

In my case... it's righteous-indignation. :rofl: I'm an equal opportunity indignator too. LOL

for the very same reason those who believe get angry , debate , get passionate - fear , doubt. to say other wise is a lie.

So, anyone who debates something passionately is afraid of something?

What about the people who debate passionately for gay rights? What are they afraid of? And those who debate passionately against President Bush's policies? They are definitely the most fearful people I've ever seen in my whole life, going with this logic.

Those who debate against President Bush must have a lot of doubt.

Or could it be that since you don't understand what it is that makes believers so passionate, you project what YOU think could be the ONLY reason they are so passionate, based on your limited understanding of the reasons for it?

Or does your logic only apply in the case of the believers; whom you do not understand, so they must quickly be labelled so that you retain control of them in your mind and can continue to project fear onto them?

Naw, for me... it's not about fear... I can't fear what I already understand....

In my case... it's righteous-indignation. :rofl: I'm an equal opportunity indignator too. LOL

I'm an equal opportunity indignator too

Haha! Now say that with a texan accent! Worthy of GWB 'imself!

Actually, he would probably say "indignatizering"

Oh, yeah! How silly of me! And here I was accepting the word of Geologists, Archaeologists, Paleogeographists, and umm... actually, most of the scientific world, that the Grand Canyon was formed by.... well blow me down, the Colarado River!

Thanks wwf, you've really straightened me out on THAT little puzzle!

Interesting because those "Geologists, Archaeologists, Paleogeographists, and umm... actually, most of the scientific world" would tell you that they don't KNOW anything, they believe the evidence points in a particular direction, tells a particular story, indicates a particular event, but they don't KNOW, so if those you trust in don't know, how can you?

*shakes head* Just because you believe you are a monkey doesn't mean you need to act like one. This is a civilized world. If you want to act like a monkey please go to a zoo and get in a cage or move to a jungle. But don't insult people like you have no consideration for people, because not everyone is a monkey, nor do they wish to be as you do.