Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your psychic power?

tnr

Um..I dunno if I have any '..nesis'.. but ... and i have no proof other then the friend I was with did see it happen too...

I made 'wands' with my niece once (couple summers ago) we were playing some 'charmed' thing she was into at the time. I took, litterally, two sticks from the yard (wandish size from the tree), striped the bark and poof, we had two very fine 'wands' to practice magic with. lol fun.

anyway, few days later, my 'guy friend' at the time was over and we were in the yard. He saw the sticks, asked and I told him the story... then he went in to grab a beer.

I picked up the 'wands' and it was somewhat overcast but no rain...

I was just being 'playful' thinking of my niece and I... so I pointed them both in one hand to the sky and said something funny to the 'gods' of rain...

...then...honestly, I dont know what it was, but the clouds started to 'boil' is the only way i can say it. I was stunned! I thought wow, check out that weird weather thing - sticks still up - then my friend came outside and I said look! And he said "what the hell are u doing?" HUH???

I said 'dont u see? maybe it's a ufo or something' - still pointing with the sticks. And then he grabbed them and said 'maybe it's YOU'...

Now, I would have arugued this with him, cept the 'boil' really did go away right after that... so...I dunno.

I actually only mention it here cuz I read what you wrote about affecting weather.

I dunno if i have psychic anything but... I can call the storms better then anyone on TV :) If only I had a dime for each time I was right... lol

Well I'm not going to lie but I think I have had moments of electrokinesis, for example when two of my very-close friends died in a fatal collision, I (of course) went to their funeral and as I looked up and starred at a bulb in tears (I'm not afraid to admit it) the bulb started to flicker and so I looked at another bulb and it two started to flicker. Also on the way home when I really got upset when talking to family and friends about the two boys who died the car broke down and the electrical equipment began to flicker and only when I began to calm down did the electrical "equipment" (if that's the appropriate term) began to function correctly.

Now at the time I wasn't really thinking that it's electrokinesis and I'm still unsure to this day, but after reading many sources I realized that it MAY be a form of electrokinesis that was triggered by extreme emotional distress.

Now I'm not saying that I have the gift of electrokniesis (even though I would like to be gifted with it) but I just think that it IS possible.

And to people solving all our abnormal "experiences" with science etc I just have one word for you; believe. Not that long ago we were using candle light instead of electricity but we have evolved and now have an understanding of how electricity works and how we can use it.

So the way I look at it is that people who won't believe in electrokinesis (and others) and peoples experiences with "them", are like those who criticised the invention of the light-bulb (before it was invented).

We're not in the "dark-ages", we are still discovering, evloving, learning.

Think about it.

Is there any other accounts of

you doing something like this?

Um..I dunno if I have any '..nesis'.. but ... and i have no proof other then the friend I was with did see it happen too...

I made 'wands' with my niece once (couple summers ago) we were playing some 'charmed' thing she was into at the time. I took, litterally, two sticks from the yard (wandish size from the tree), striped the bark and poof, we had two very fine 'wands' to practice magic with. lol fun.

anyway, few days later, my 'guy friend' at the time was over and we were in the yard. He saw the sticks, asked and I told him the story... then he went in to grab a beer.

I picked up the 'wands' and it was somewhat overcast but no rain...

I was just being 'playful' thinking of my niece and I... so I pointed them both in one hand to the sky and said something funny to the 'gods' of rain...

...then...honestly, I dont know what it was, but the clouds started to 'boil' is the only way i can say it. I was stunned! I thought wow, check out that weird weather thing - sticks still up - then my friend came outside and I said look! And he said "what the hell are u doing?" HUH???

I said 'dont u see? maybe it's a ufo or something' - still pointing with the sticks. And then he grabbed them and said 'maybe it's YOU'...

Now, I would have arugued this with him, cept the 'boil' really did go away right after that... so...I dunno.

I actually only mention it here cuz I read what you wrote about affecting weather.

I dunno if i have psychic anything but... I can call the storms better then anyone on TV :) If only I had a dime for each time I was right... lol

It was a coincidence.

Thats it.

:yes:

It was a coincidence.

Thats it.

:yes:

PLEASE, this thread is for people who want to tell us about their powers that occer naturally and not for people who would like to be a wet blanket and ask for proof or say it was a "coincidence".

PLEASE, this thread is for people who want to tell us about their powers that occer naturally and not for people who would like to be a wet blanket and ask for proof or say it was a "coincidence".

Ok, go play with your superpowers.

Since all I was trying to do was carry a conversation.

With all due respect sweetie..'carrying on a conversation' means 'contributing some idea or thought... not just throwing out 'debunking' statements about other peoples posts... certainly you're entitled to believe as you will and participate...but genuin participation also usually is indicated by one, throughtful post, maybe two... 'tagging' other people's posts with 'one-liner' 'naaah' statements is not really participation. Truth is everything. We all search for it in all wayz...no one has said to you, naaah, your reality simply isn't.

Play is the nature of the Universe... I hope you play someday too...super powers can / could be a great thing. I'm not so quick to 'dismiss' the bliss if the 'bliss' is out there somewhere we have yet to notice.

B)

You are correct, only complete fluff bunnies (not the moderator) belive that "reading" people is a phychic ability ;)

Ahhhhh, yes. Okay. Then I have nothing. Nothing whatsoever. :) Jody ♥

With all due respect sweetie..'carrying on a conversation' means 'contributing some idea or thought... not just throwing out 'debunking' statements about other peoples posts... certainly you're entitled to believe as you will and participate...but genuin participation also usually is indicated by one, throughtful post, maybe two... 'tagging' other people's posts with 'one-liner' 'naaah' statements is not really participation. Truth is everything. We all search for it in all wayz...no one has said to you, naaah, your reality simply isn't.

Play is the nature of the Universe... I hope you play someday too...super powers can / could be a great thing. I'm not so quick to 'dismiss' the bliss if the 'bliss' is out there somewhere we have yet to notice.

B)

I do contribute ideas.

Real ones.

I have asked some questions for some people.

If you will take time to look in my last posts.

I'm not cutting everyone short.

but I can debunk things by using logic and reasoning.

Its simple.

Something you will never grasp.

Simply that I have proof that such things you guys have mentioned don't exist.

I do contribute ideas.

Real ones.

I have asked some questions for some people.

If you will take time to look in my last posts.

I'm not cutting everyone short.

but I can debunk things by using logic and reasoning.

Its simple.

Something you will never grasp.

Simply that I have proof that such things you guys have mentioned don't exist.

What proof have you got? Science is an invention (or creation) of the human race, and is the basis of our understanding of reality, the fact is that in my view science is wrong in situations like this as to be honest we (the human race) have only theorys on evolution and the power of the mind. What we consider fact is just a way for us to explain it, but who's to say we're wrong?

As far as we know the human race is the superior race and there is nothing beyond us (as a race), therefore we believe that everything we can explain is correct, but who's to say that we are indeed wrong.

All this "impossible" theory is on the basis of our understanding of the universe, but do we (the human race) really understand the universe? Probably not, and chances are that we never will.

So anything IS possible, maybe unlikely (from our point of view); but not impossible.

Edited by Jamesro

What proof have you got? Science is an invention (or creation) of the human race, and is the basis of our understanding of reality, the fact is that in my view science is wrong in situations like this as to be honest we (the human race) have only theorys on evolution and the power of the mind. What we consider fact is just a way for us to explain it, but who's to say we're wrong?

As far as we know the human race is the superior race and there is nothing beyond us (as a race), therefore we believe that everything we can explain is correct, but who's to say that we are indeed wrong.

All this "impossible" theory is on the basis of our understanding of the universe, but do we (the human race) really understand the universe? Probably not, and chances are that we never will.

So anything IS possible, maybe unlikely (from our point of view); but not impossible.

I have scads of proof. I could spend hours writing essays and research papers citing precedents upon precedents for you. I could actually and factually use proven meathods of psychological study to show everyone that you are lost in your own fantasies. I could talk about chemicals in the brains. I could talk about your outside influences. I could discuss family life. I could talk about various different psychosis and hallucinations. I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to any learned or intellegent person that your "powers" is completely and utterly in your head. Do you really want me to spend hours and hours composing presedental and proven ways to truely exspose your overactive imagination to the world?

Well?

I doubt you would even listen to me even if I did. Anyone who has come this far into delusion is often very difficult to bring out.

Or you would primitively think I was being mean to you. That I didn't like you or something. You would try to rally support for your fantasy friends wherever you could. They would all be very young naive people.

I'll tell you what: You get ONE person over the age of 20 to actually and factually believe you, and I will give you 50 credibility points.

Well, I have the uncanny ability of always calling my husband while he is in the shower.

Sometimes I think I do have some psychic ability and I just don't know how to focus it or use it as an advantage. It is always about insignificant things. A few instances: I was driving down the street and I thought about this girl I went to high school years before who I was not friends with in the least, I don't think we ever even spoke, I just knew who she was. She popped into my head, Megan is her name, and then about 15 minutes later I saw her jogging down the street.

This kind of thing happens to me alot and it is usually focused around people I don't really know very well. A similar thing happpend with my high school coach - thought about him - turned onto a street and there he was playing football in his front yard.

This happened the other day with the guy who fixes our printers and stuff at work. I was on the subway he popped into my head, I got to work and about an hour later he came in.

Thats it, my amazing psychic ability - thinking about random people I hardly know and then seeing them. Definitely not going to be assisting the NYPD Homicide Department or anything real soon.

I have scads of proof. I could spend hours writing essays and research papers citing precedents upon precedents for you. I could actually and factually use proven meathods of psychological study to show everyone that you are lost in your own fantasies. I could talk about chemicals in the brains. I could talk about your outside influences. I could discuss family life. I could talk about various different psychosis and hallucinations. I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to any learned or intellegent person that your "powers" is completely and utterly in your head. Do you really want me to spend hours and hours composing presedental and proven ways to truely exspose your overactive imagination to the world?

Well?

I doubt you would even listen to me even if I did. Anyone who has come this far into delusion is often very difficult to bring out.

Or you would primitively think I was being mean to you. That I didn't like you or something. You would try to rally support for your fantasy friends wherever you could. They would all be very young naive people.

I'll tell you what: You get ONE person over the age of 20 to actually and factually believe you, and I will give you 50 credibility points.

You've missed the point of my previous post, I'm saying that you are/have proved nothing. You are using theory to composite for a fact, psychological study etc is on the basis of human-kinds understanding of reality, but do we even understand a fraction of reality? Probaly not, and chances are that we never will.

So leave you theory, your method at home and have a look at the bigger picture.

Ahhhhh, yes. Okay. Then I have nothing. Nothing whatsoever. :) Jody ♥

I am sorry. I ment If you can tell if someone is lying not true reading.

Sorry again, I feel bad.

You've missed the point of my previous post, I'm saying that you are/have proved nothing. You are using theory to composite for a fact, psychological study etc is on the basis of human-kinds understanding of reality, but do we even understand a fraction of reality? Probaly not, and chances are that we never will.

So leave you theory, your method at home and have a look at the bigger picture.

First of all.

Have you even bothered to look at this entire thread?

I said I believe in the psychic realm.

but some of the things are just plainly outrageous.

So your saying all the studies for thousands of years over the human body and metaphysics

you can just simply defy all the studies and say its possible?

Another thing people who come on here and freak out about something small and don't

even have one bit of knowledge about science.

it could be easily explained.

no, we do not understand reality, but we still understand things. the thing is, we use a system because it works. we notice, if you have a certain amount of sticks, and you take a certain number away, you have less sticks than what you started out with. it observed that, and every single time we did it, it was the same. every single time we took away some sticks, there was always less than what we started out with before.

we drop a rock, it fell down. well, it might have just been a coincidence. they drop a rock again, and it fell down. every time we drop a rock, it falls down. there for, we can say that whenever you drop a rock, and nothing is interfering, it will fall down.

we make statements by observing. if it happens, and is in a controlled situation, we can say something exists, or happens the way it does. we have found that system to work, every time.

someone says, "i wonder if we can breath underwater" we try it, we cant breath underwater. maybe it was just a bad try, we tried it again, no dice. every time we tried it, we could not, and every time we try it again, we still cannot. we know we can not breath underwater. we know that by trying it again and again, and we get the same result every time.

we know that this system works.

science is a creation of man, but it works. and it has worked every time. we know stuff by having proof, and proof for that proof.

yes, one day, we may drop a rock, and it may float up... but we never know. because of the fact that every time we tried it, we got the same result, that means thats the way it is for now. if we drop a rock, and it does float up, then we will admit we are wrong. thats the thing with science, we are willing to change. but here is the thing.

but, if someone did drop a rock, and it did float up, we will have to look into that. the person will come to us, tell them a rock floated up, but yet we do not see the rock. he has no proof. even tho he has defied what we all know as the result, we will still look into it. we find that he did not see a rock float up. we know that our system still works.

now, you are saying that after the hundred of thousands of years that our system has been around, and after all the proof that we have, and all of the things we know about, that we should just trash it and say that anything is possible, that rocks float up, that every single person that had said that they can move objects with their mind is telling the truth, and we are all wrong, and the system that has worked for as long as man has existed is just in our heads and its all fake?

• 4 months later...
I'm not here to slam believers for what they believe; and, I am sorry if i've made you feel uncomfortable.

I am only here to find the logic in why believers think these supposed xyzkinesis actually exist.

I feel that psychic powers do exist! When it comes to clairvoyance, Remote viewing, Telapathy, Etc.

I have seen some astounding things that have been proven with solid evidence.

Now, when it comes to these believers coming in here claiming they have such xyzkinesis abilities

saying they can manipulate this or move that with just their mind is just not logical.

I do not and, will not ever believe you.

There was a woman who was dieing and she gave her brain to science. She decided to have open brain surgery so that scientists and doctors could learn more about the human mind. While the surgery was going on, the doctor was poking the inside of her brain asking simple questions (Count to ten, say the alphabet etc.) While the doctor was doing this, one of his assistants looked at the patient and said "What did you say?". The patient didn't know what was going on because she didn't say anything and the doctor was looking at his assistant as though he were crazy. The assistant protested that the patient said something to him about how long the surgery would take. The woman was astounded be the fact that the assistant knew what she was thinking, so the doctor poked the same place again and asked the patient to look at his assistant and "tell" him what her dogs name and what her favourite colour is. The assistant looked at the doctor and immediately said "Her dogs name is Toby and her favourite colour is blue". The patient was still astounded that the assistant knew such a thing. The patient said to the doctor that he was right, so the doctor poked around the same area and the pan for all the tools (I can't remember what it's called) flew into the air and hit the wall. The entire room was interested as to see what would happen if the patient were to focus on something and the doctor would do the same (At least, the scientists wanted to find out). They told her to look at the clock and focus on it. The doctor poked the same place again and the hands on the clock started spinning rapidly. After these "tests", scientists have come to the conclusion that we do use about 10% of our brains and if we were to get blood to flow to the other parts we would become more "evolved".

You can look it up on the Google for the video if you don't believe me. This is evidence that we are evolving. This is EVIDENCE that we can learn these abilities.

Edited by Twerd_Commando

I tried looking up that open brain surgery video on Google as you said, and had no success. Perhaps you should post a link to it?

You can look it up on the Google for the video if you don't believe me. This is evidence that we are evolving. This is EVIDENCE that we can learn these abilities.

The video would be less interesting than the case report in JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, ... what's that you say? There is no case report?

Keep the video then. Brain surgeons do not publish on youtube.

(By the way, the "experiment" you describe would not make it through any IRB or Human Subjects Committee, except the one at Auschwitz. It never happened.)

The video would be less interesting than the case report in JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, ... what's that you say? There is no case report?

Keep the video then. Brain surgeons do not publish on youtube.

(By the way, the "experiment" you describe would not make it through any IRB or Human Subjects Committee, except the one at Auschwitz. It never happened.)

This was on a T.V. documentary about the abilities of the human mind and body. It was done National Geographic in 1987 called "The Incredible Human Machine". You can buy the special on the internet.

Edited by Twerd_Commando

This was on a T.V. documentary about the abilities of the human mind and body. It was done National Geographic in 1987 called "The Incredible Human Machine". You can buy the special on the internet.

Sounds more like one of their more recent ones with the same title. http://www.normantranscript.com/statenews/..._225094653.html

Well?

You have to look further inside to that that you do not see. Your psychological behaviour is controlled somewhat by the physical. The way the picture enters your eye as you glance around controls how you perceive the thing. Actually, what is in the body, the bacteria, have voltage in Hertz frequency. And, in my opinion, an overload in certain bacteria, such as streptococcus or e. coli, causes problems. Everybody and every body has these bacteria. They are not in your head, they are in your gut! Oh, and I am 47. So, that would be about twice as many credibility points, wouldn't it?

Anyway, spend your time with family and friends and your fantasies. There is some strong evidence that spiritual things that waft in the air have some effect on these things . . .

But, when you talk about chemicals, you are talking about the pharmaceutical industry! And that is its own problem. O Yeah, they can stop streptococcus or e.coli no problem, but in stopping that they cause other problems just as bad that kill just as much. But that is another cause.

And it goes on and on . . .

i believe you because i have atmokenesis-controlling the weather-and i somehow feel like its always been a part of me just waiting to be discovered.

• 2 months later...

My only known ability is aerokinesis. I used to have a much greater degree of control than i do now, but i am working on regaining some of it since i started training again.

very intuitive/empathic, Its pretty easy for me to tell when someone is lying...very good with tarot, and yea thats about it.