Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fatigue Cripples US Army in Iraq

Reincarnated

I really think what needs to be stated is that bush brought ALL the support we had from the world (right after 9/11) and basically turned most of the world against us including the US population (against bush). I mean as a vet I just shake my head in disgust. Yes, saddam should have been thrown out but bush came in with lies. In a year and half we will have a new president and I hope he will regain the trust and respect of the world once again once bush is gone. Also, if we go to war we must give the our fighting men and women the right tools to do it and not delay the proper equipment that is needed because of incompetence (bushes middle name). Sorry to ramble on, but I had to write this. The bottom line is bush is a nimrod and totally f_ooked the Iraq war up along with our reputation. What an idiot.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Oxymoron

• questionmark

• Reincarnated

I really think what needs to be stated is that bush brought ALL the support we had from the world (right after 9/11) and basically turned most of the world against us including the US population (against bush). I mean as a vet I just shake my head in disgust. Yes, saddam should have been thrown out but bush came in with lies. In a year and half we will have a new president and I hope he will regain the trust and respect of the world once again once bush is gone. Also, if we go to war we must give the our fighting men and women the right tools to do it and not delay the proper equipment that is needed because of incompetence (bushes middle name). Sorry to ramble on, but I had to write this. The bottom line is bush is a nimrod and totally f_ooked the Iraq war up along with our reputation. What an idiot.
What lies?
Sorry, I dont support our brave soldiers dying over a pack of lies. Thats not Patriotic.
What lies?

What lies?What lies?

Please try to keep up. Thank you.

support the troops

You dont support the troops unless you want them out of the danger zone immediately, anything else is supporting the army. This is individual soldiers with two parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, wives, children, grandparents or maybe even a highschool sweetheart. You dont support the troops by saying you want them to stick around so the chances that they'll lose a limb or a close friend to an IED approaches 100%

What we're going to have is a generation of soldiers with post traumatic stress disorder because they were pushed to their limits in an unjust war.

Of course, that wont get through to you, you're just a conservative with the cultural disease known as patriotism, and you just cant bear anything which might make your country look bad.

linked-image

What lies?What lies?

Must be to much fluoride in your water dude. <Quote> Fluorides have been used to modify behavior and mood of human beings.

It is a little known fact that fluoride compounds were added to the drinking water of prisoners to keep them docile and inhibit questioning of authority, both in Nazi prison camps in World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia.

http://www.all-natural.com/fleffect.html

I am sorry but being a soldier is a choice and a job. You dont get to be a soldier only when its peace time some times there are wars and they have to be fought. I support our troops I hope not one of them dies, I hope they can complete their mission, I hope they dont hear all this pessimistic garbage being thrown at them most soldiers I would say 90% support the war and are happy to serve our country where ever they are sent. You are repeating history and speating at our heros by saying that Iraq is an illegal action and that our troops are criminals shame on all of you peacenick Neo Hippies.

Must be to much fluoride in your water dude. <Quote> Fluorides have been used to modify behavior and mood of human beings.

It is a little known fact that fluoride compounds were added to the drinking water of prisoners to keep them docile and inhibit questioning of authority, both in Nazi prison camps in World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia.

http://www.all-natural.com/fleffect.html

Oh, lies about flouride? Now, I suggest then you ask the toothpaste makers to give you the truth once and for all. :tu:

I am trying to keep up, that is why I'm asking you. What lies?

We have gone over this a million times. Until you grow up, I am no longer responding to you.

We have gone over this a million times. Until you grow up, I am no longer responding to you.

Well, you keep lying that Bush lied??? :lol:

Fatigue Cripples US Army in Iraq

By Peter Beaumont

The Observer UK

This story if from the Observer? It used to be that you could trust mainstream media organizations like the Observer and the New Republic to be truthful in their reporting. Not any more:

The Weekly Standard has learned from a military source close to the investigation that Pvt. Scott Thomas Beauchamp -- author of the much-disputed "Shock Troops" article in the New Republic's July 23 issue as well as two previous "Baghdad Diarist" columns -- signed a sworn statement admitting that all three articles he published in the New Republic were exaggerations and falsehoods -- fabrications containing only "a smidgen of truth," in the words of our source.

Separately, we received this statement from Major Steven F. Lamb, the deputy Public Affairs Officer for Multi National Division-Baghdad:

"An investigation has been completed and the allegations made by PVT Beauchamp were found to be false. His platoon and company were interviewed and no one could substantiate the claims."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292367,00.html

The New Republic published information that was later found to be untrue. If the New Republic would manufacture quotes then the Observer would too. In my opinion the Observer is lying when they print 'Hanna and his men are not alone in being tired most of the time. A whole army is exhausted and worn out'.

Hmmm. trying to prove someone wrong with Murdoch press is not very convincing if you ask me, especially not if it goes against right wing holy cows ....

The Murdoch press is not the only one reporting that the stories published by the New Republic were made up:

According to the Pentagon, the "Baghdad Diarist" writes fiction.

The infamous soldier-blogger for the New Republic magazine came under fire in recent weeks from conservative bloggers and members of the military who questioned the veracity of his accounts of life on duty in Iraq.

Related Stories

Scott Thomas Beauchamp, an Army private in Alpha Company, shed his anonymity two weeks ago to assert the veracity of his accounts of misbehavior, including depictions of fellow soldiers mocking a disfigured woman, running over dogs in Bradley Fighting Vehicles and playing with children's skulls at a mass grave.

But a military investigation has concluded that Beauchamp's stories were full of falsehoods.

"An investigation has been completed and the allegations made by PVT Beauchamp were found to be false. His platoon and company were interviewed and no one could substantiate his claims," Maj. Steven F. Lamb, deputy public affairs officer for Multinational Division-Baghdad, wrote in a statement sent to the Weekly Standard, the magazine that first questioned Beauchamp's credibility.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3455826&page=1

The Murdoch press is not the only one reporting that the stories published by the New Republic were made up:

According to the Pentagon, the "Baghdad Diarist" writes fiction.

The infamous soldier-blogger for the New Republic magazine came under fire in recent weeks from conservative bloggers and members of the military who questioned the veracity of his accounts of life on duty in Iraq.

Related Stories

Scott Thomas Beauchamp, an Army private in Alpha Company, shed his anonymity two weeks ago to assert the veracity of his accounts of misbehavior, including depictions of fellow soldiers mocking a disfigured woman, running over dogs in Bradley Fighting Vehicles and playing with children's skulls at a mass grave.

But a military investigation has concluded that Beauchamp's stories were full of falsehoods.

"An investigation has been completed and the allegations made by PVT Beauchamp were found to be false. His platoon and company were interviewed and no one could substantiate his claims," Maj. Steven F. Lamb, deputy public affairs officer for Multinational Division-Baghdad, wrote in a statement sent to the Weekly Standard, the magazine that first questioned Beauchamp's credibility.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3455826&page=1

But I fail to see anybody quoting the Baghdad diaries ... or did I miss something?

So, is there any reason that the far left can't support the troops? Am I the only one that heard that one Dem saying that if the September Report was positive that it would not bode well for the Dem party? Why are they so dead set on seeing the U.S. lose? Why do they try to vote down every bill that would help the troops win?

Everybody supports the troops. That's just silly. Especially when used correctly. Lose what? The war is over months/years ago. We are occupying Iraq and need to leave.

Edited by ninjadude

O.K., now I can agree with your responce there, 100%. I would replace "There" with the word "They" but, other than that, I think that we are probably on the same page here.

When the troops were first sent into Iraq, there was a belief that it WAS necessary. It is widly seen as a bad call now though. My major Kvetch is that we do not seem to be trying to win. We are fighting with one hand behind our back. A well placed nuke would scare the devil out of them and make them think twice about continueing inthe face of such firepower. Unfortunately, there are those on both sides of the isle that are scared to death of showing Americas true power. They seem to be trying to balance the fight and keep it fair.

We are NOT boxers. We should not have any interest in keepig it "Fair". We should be interested only in winning as quickly as possible and coming home. To do anything else is to allow them to bleed us dry and is a recipe for loss. It's what the Soviets did in Afganistan, and it is what we did in Viet Nam. The British were afraid to send troop to North America in the late 1700 and lost the colonies. It seems that instead of trying to win quickly, we are trying to lose it as slowly as possible.

Nuke what? Bagdad? Are you insane?

Every supports the troops. Especially when used correctly. Lose what? The war is over months/years ago. We are occupying Iraq and need to leave.

The war was won 4 years ago. We are not fighting a country we are fighting criminals same way we can never destroy the Mafia, they will always be in Iraq but in time they will be severly limited and ineffective. We are not occupying Iraq we are pacifing Iraq, no we dont need to leave until we finish our job their.

I am sorry but being a soldier is a choice and a job. You dont get to be a soldier only when its peace time some times there are wars and they have to be fought. I support our troops I hope not one of them dies, I hope they can complete their mission, I hope they dont hear all this pessimistic garbage being thrown at them most soldiers I would say 90% support the war and are happy to serve our country where ever they are sent. You are repeating history and speating at our heros by saying that Iraq is an illegal action and that our troops are criminals shame on all of you peacenick Neo Hippies.

REALLY? Have you been over to Iraq and asked? Not that W would let you ask the question anyway.

no we dont need to leave until we finish our job their.

again in your opinion. One not shared by the majority of Americans and peoples of the world.

Edited by ninjadude

Oh, lies about flouride? Now, I suggest then you ask the toothpaste makers to give you the truth once and for all. :tu:

AROCES You wouldn't know a lie if it walked up and bit your face off. You offer nothing. No links, no proff, not even hearsay. Your posts are nothing but opinion and damn dude that is so freakin lazy. If you actualy took the time to think and look befor you speak you might actual learn something. When you call someone a lier I highly suggest you know what your talking about, becauce your posts have become posts that most read for entertainment or they just skip over them. You say ask toothpaste makers LOL good one, ask the people that profit LOL you are way to freakin funny. We have floride in our toothpaste yes, but I spit mine out when I'm done brushing don't you????? To have it in water, no need for it !!!!!!

The Fluoride Action Network (FAN), today urged that a Harvard Professor be removed from a research group studying the association between fluoride and osteosarcoma because his objectivity and ethics are disputed and he has ties to a company that profits from fluoride.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2005...dy_cover_up.htm

http://www.rense.com/general3/fluo.htm

http://www.nofluoride.com/

http://www.mercola.com/2001/may/16/fluoride.htm?aid=CD12

edit: I know this is off topic but to many people here are are calling to many others liers when they actually wouldn't know the truth from a hole in the ground if they fell in one.

Edited by The Silver Thong

The war was won 4 years ago. We are not fighting a country we are fighting criminals same way we can never destroy the Mafia, they will always be in Iraq but in time they will be severly limited and ineffective. We are not occupying Iraq we are pacifing Iraq, no we dont need to leave until we finish our job their.

Trust me, the muslims are more stubborn than the US army could ever be. It will drag on for fifty years at this rate.