Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Mothman Sightings

Starr Destin Mathews

I've heard of several other cases of people seeing Ultradimensional entities that have glowing red eyes, and this is without any other source of light. I don't know about the no head part, but maybe the eyes were so bright and large, it drowned out any form of a head behind the eyes.

linked-image

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syntax

• kenshinx

• Rosenrot

• JAKERZ666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but how did it have no head and red eyes?

Classic Mothman sketch I bet you've all seen a million times in UFO books...

linked-image

Ugh you guy's dont understand

Mothman = The Hulk

To scared to help people

thats my thinking

His going to SAVE THE WORLD

P.S is he a girl or boy?

my theory of Mothman's "headless form" is maybe his head is set forward from his shoulders. so at night when looking at him from the front it would look like a headless sillouette.

and Mothman is more of an harbinger, like the owl, if you see one, it means someone's going to die. Mothman usually appears before a great tragedy (usually resulting in death).

they could have thought of a better name, i think...

there's already too many -mans.

-Batman

-Superman

-Spiderman

-Dogman

-Goatman

-Lizardman

and so on...

Edited by Shadow Dweller

there's already too many -mans.

-Batman

-Superman

-Spiderman

-Dogman

-Goatman

-Lizardman

Mothman was a name given to it by a journalist, trying to come up with a name for the creature at the time of the first sightings in 1966.

Mothman was a villian on the popular Batman TV series at the time, hence the unfortunate name.

and Mothman is more of an harbinger, like the owl, if you see one, it means someone's going to die. Mothman usually appears before a great tragedy (usually resulting in death).

Most of the original witness' are still alive, the others died of old age and nothing sinister. Again, if you read the book you come to understand that Mothman (i.e the entity encountered at Point Pleasant) is only SINGULAR part of the phenomenon....and not the whole phenomenon itself.

Also when you take into account that the first sightings occured 12 months before the Silver Bridge collapse, Mothman's appearance and the bridge collapse may only be circumstancial. In fact, the strange phone calls, curious visitors and UFO reports continued to flood in After the bridge collapse.

Edited by Syntax

The thing to remember is, these creatures are not the CAUSE of the disasters, they are somehow attracted to them.

just like Predator in the movie ? if "It" there to scared people means it warn human right?

I have a copy of the book in PDF format if anyone would like a copy, just send me a message.

well just upload n give us link :D

just like Predator in the movie ? if "It" there to scared people means it warn human right?

As discussed previously, it is nonsensical to attributes human characteristics to something patently non-human. We can't know what it's motivations are or were.

In most physical encounters, the people involved get pursued by whatever it is. That surely is terrifying, however it doesn't directly link into a warning about an upcoming event. If the intention was supposed to be a warning, it's a very odd and vague one indeed - I've just been chased down the road by an eight foot tall winged being with red eyes - oh, that means the bridge will collapse in a few months...!?

:geek:

i heard Mothman was sighted before Katrina & (of course) 9/11

Well....

its easy to say that in hindsight.

If they truly are seen before disasters, the true art is being able to decipher their grim prophecies.

Something in the whole of human existence we have never been able to do.

WHOO :sk HOO! I though Mothman was DeBunked! Ah, well...Guess I was wrong! This is one of those times I'm happy that I'm wrong! LoL :sk :sk MOTHMANS BACK!

It doesent matter if he's lying or not! My 2nd Favorite cryptid is Mothman!

Edited by Nessieman23

i believe Nessie is the 1st cryptid, eh?

i heard Mothman was sighted before Katrina & (of course) 9/11

the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman, never heard about mothman before katrina

the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman,

Wait, what? I've never heard of this. Could you give us a little more info, kenshinx?

i believe Nessie is the 1st cryptid, eh?

the 9/11 flying things proven not mothman, never heard about mothman before katrina

wait...what? what do you mean proven to not have been mothman? Who proved Mothman existed in the first place?

You seem to be lost on the concept of 'man' in the title mothman, like its a name given to some legendary beast of folklore that prowls the forests of Point Pleasant and leaves scant clues to its existence like a chupacabra...

it's not a cryptid.

In fact, Mothman in the original story was only a single part of the overall greater phenomenon at the time, which was the great UFO flap on 1966 - 1968. Mothman took a backseat to the sightings that year, with around 100 reported sightings of the entity....compare that to the thousands of UFO reports.....wouldn't it be safer to assume that UFO's are more of a harbinger of death than mothman ever could be?

Loonboy's argument was spot on:

If the intention was supposed to be a warning, it's a very odd and vague one indeed - I've just been chased down the road by an eight foot tall winged being with red eyes - oh, that means the bridge will collapse in a few months...!?

The notion that Mothman is seen before disasters is just playing to our own fantasy about the entity, we're creating story's for a creature that has really only popped up once in history in the form it did in Point Pleasant. Other story's carry similar traits, but it is essentially not the same entity.

You need to understand that Mothman was never the centre of the story....there were far more terrifying events going on at the time in the surrounding West Virginia and Ohio areas. UFO's were seen buzzing the towns nightly, ordinary townsfolk became contactees for alien civilizations, and the word M.I.B was introduced into our vocabulary for the first time.

The fact that it was seen in New York or in New Orleans doesn't fit the profile of the original story....

The fact that it was seen in New York or in New Orleans doesn't fit the profile of the original story....

So an entity of that sort was seen before 9/11 and Katrina? I'm confused.

Everything is the Jews fault isnt it? I bet Mr.Mothman was just there taking in the sights he had nothing to do with the colapse you anti semites. :geek:

So an entity of that sort was seen before 9/11 and Katrina? I'm confused.

no no no it couldn't have been seen.....it doesn't fit the profile for the original sightings.

Unless the descriptions match exactly those of the original sightings of MOTHMAN, I would say it is foolish, to think that it is.

Wait, what? I've never heard of this. Could you give us a little more info, kenshinx?

well... you know.. the old pic of flying things in front of debris.

well... you know.. the old pic of flying things in front of debris.

Nope, sad to say I have never heard of or seen them.

this is not the pic i meant

Not much of a prophecy is it?

Look out for the plane

What plane? ohhh

Seriously, how can that possibly be a real picture that we are meant to swallow as Mothman? even if thats not the correct picture....I bet the one your talking about is just as silly.

Just remember that in the original case there were 100 sightings over a 12 month period, it's not just something that Looks a bit weird on the day. I can't figure out what that strange speck is in this photograph? OHH it must be mothman because he pops up before disasters.

Again, there is no correlation between mothman and impending disasters.

Again, there is no correlation between mothman and impending disasters.

What about the Black Bird of Chernobyl and the Frieburg Shrieker? It has been said that they are related to the mothman phenomena.

The bridge had been deemed "structurally deficient" numerous times, since 1990. I'd say the bridge just collapsed on its own.

That is precisely my thinking. I don't think even the Mothman had anything to do with the 1967 West Virginia collapse.

That is precisely my thinking. I don't think even the Mothman had anything to do with the 1967 West Virginia collapse.

true. although its strange that it happened during all these sightings.