Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Do you believe in ghosts?" "No."

Alienated Being

Well honestly there will people that will always be ignorant to any supernatural topics no matter what they may be. Not everybody has an open mind to the paranormal but in my opinion yes there are ghosts.

I have had countless people I know have told me stories about their paranormal encounters. From watching shows and having a couple personal experiences myself I have come to the conclusion that there HAS to be a spiritual world. There are obviously fakes out there that are outrageous but still there are some incredible videos.

Just think of it this way.. Alot of the mainstream religions believe in an afterlife... Christianity, Islamic, Buddhism, Hinduism... Well obviously those last 2 do have an afterlife after reincarnation which is called nirvana. But if you do have an afterlife why isn't it possible to not fully cross-over into an afterlife and chose to remain on earth or be forced to remain on earth.

You have to remember though that ghosts and spirits used to be people. Forever what ever reason they choose to remain on earth.

Don't get me wrong I'm actually a huge skeptic when it comes to evidence. I mean some stuff can be attributed to certain everyday things. Like hearing footsteps can be a combination of things falling and loose floor boards. But from what Ive experienced there really isn't an explanation.

Lol I think it would be fun to be a spirit just for a day so I could go to all these extreme skeptics and scare the crap out of them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• Alienated Being

• JustNormal

• glorybebe

I think that would be fun to have a "spirit" do that. I also like the idea of staying in these personally vouched-for mindblowingly scary haunted houses, to see if it changed my mind - sadly there aren't any in my area.

Today, as I sat in my grandmother's home at the table with her while my grandfather went to the bathroom, I posed a question to her. I asked her, "Nan... do you believe in ghosts?". Her quick reply was a sharp "No. There's no such thing. Do you?" "Yes. I do." "No, there's no such thing..."

Why do people not believe in ghosts, especially when there's nothing to prove that they don't exist? There are plenty of stories out there surrounding the phenomena, it's rather difficult to say that something isn't going on. You know? So what do you think about it?

What do you think when people say "There's no such thing."? Do you ask them why they think that? If I ask them why they think that way, the reply is "Because I haven't seen one."

Chances are, they haven't seen a red blood cell either, except on television in a photograph. I guess because they haven't actually SEEN one first-hand, it doesn't exist. That logic doesn't really make much sense.

Do you believe in ghosts? Why/why not?

Well, simply saying that there is nothing to prove they don't exist is not the same as saying that there is anything to prove they do exist. Personally I am in the middle - I honestly have not yet been provided with conclusive evidence for or against the existence of "Ghosts" (Whatever that may be - souls, some sort of paranormal recordings being played back, time slips, whatever).

I think that the investigation of Ghosts (And UFOs, Cryptids, or any other paranormal thing) ought to proceed from a scientific viewpoint - and Belief is not part of that. Belief (for or against) ought to be set aside when investigating these things.

I think that would be fun to have a "spirit" do that. I also like the idea of staying in these personally vouched-for mindblowingly scary haunted houses, to see if it changed my mind - sadly there aren't any in my area.

Dude, ROAD TRIP.

Put on your traveling shoes.

What in Hell's bathroom are you doing in NE Oklahoma anyway?

EDIT: Oh, I was thinking northWEST, which looks a bit of a wasteland. (I'm one to talk, considering where I live.)

Edited by Hamlyn

The Chicago area has many allegedly haunted locations, several have even been the subjects of TV shows on the Discovery Network so you know they are legit. :) I have been to all of the major ones many times since my youth and I never once experienced anything remotely out of the ordinary. I was open to it and WANTED to believe but noting ever happened.

I don't particularly want to believe, and I haven't experienced anything weird in a haunted location, either, except an EVP one time.

Of course, I have also blundered all over the worst cities in the worst neighborhoods at night, and I never got mugged.

My observations alone prove nothing but they stand in sharp contrast with the experiences of pop culture ghost chasers who seem to experience things in relatively short order during a single visit. Strange...

My observations alone prove nothing but they stand in sharp contrast with the experiences of pop culture ghost chasers who seem to experience things in relatively short order during a single visit. Strange...

If their results are genuine, then we should get similar results if we do what they do wherever they have done it.

I don't know about believing, as in feeling as if I trully know what my own opinion is on ghosts (if that makes ANY sense at all).

I 'believe' that there are things out there, I believe in Heaven and Hell and I suppose I believe someone I trust telling me they had an experience that can only be classified as paranormal. But I do know this - I never want to actually find out for myself if ghosts are really floating amongst us as we see in films, books, videos, personal accounts ect. I am happy not ever having to know for real because if I did....I'd mess my pants :(

Today, as I sat in my grandmother's home at the table with her while my grandfather went to the bathroom, I posed a question to her. I asked her, "Nan... do you believe in ghosts?". Her quick reply was a sharp "No. There's no such thing. Do you?" "Yes. I do." "No, there's no such thing..."

Why do people not believe in ghosts, especially when there's nothing to prove that they don't exist? There are plenty of stories out there surrounding the phenomena, it's rather difficult to say that something isn't going on. You know? So what do you think about it?

What do you think when people say "There's no such thing."? Do you ask them why they think that? If I ask them why they think that way, the reply is "Because I haven't seen one."

Chances are, they haven't seen a red blood cell either, except on television in a photograph. I guess because they haven't actually SEEN one first-hand, it doesn't exist. That logic doesn't really make much sense.

Do you believe in ghosts? Why/why not?

I for one, have always believed in ghosts, but the most recent one was at our museum, where I encountered; not one, but two ghosts. They were clearly visible to me, as the person next to me at the reception desk.

I was a bit cheesed off, when I decided to go to our local museum. It is a Norman Castle, which goes back some centuries, and is the only remaining intact one standing in England. I encountered the first one, as I decided to look at the paintings in the gallery. I can't forget her, as she was dressed in what I presume was Victorian mourning dress. She looked straight at me and smiled. I remember her, as I was worried that my scooter was going to catch her dress, and apologised. When I went to the front desk, after a time of going through the museum, I noticed a boy in what I assumed was either Victorian dress, or early thirties style. He was wearing those short trousers with long socks, and a bakers boy cap. I asked the staff, what event was on, for me to see two people in costume dress. She enquired of the manager, and none had been scheduled for that day. I was asked where did I encounter these people. I said the boy was in the area of the reception, and was surprised the staff didn't see him, as he looked at me and smiled. The woman was in the gallery. It wasn't until I got home some time later that I told my husband about it. Then it came to my attention some weeks later about the lady in black which is seen in the gallery. To me, she and the boy were just ordinary people in costume clothing. I never perceived them, as apparitions, and on neither occasion did I feel alarmed, or scared.